Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm like Lucy, it's cigarette money to me. I've cut my spending down considerably but will still buy what ever tickles my fancy as long as I'm able....

You know, sometimes I think about those people always poor-mouthing about vape gear and think - those were the same fuckers bumming cigarettes from me :)

When I was a smoker, I was spending ~$75/week for a carton of Nat Shermans.

After the 'initial investment' in a starter kit, coils and juice for about that same amount a little over 2 yrs ago, and the initial sticker shock when upgrading to a mod with replaceable 18650s, several batteries and a good charger, I figure if I spend about $150 every 6 months on gear, and DIY my own juice that cost me about $1.50/120ml which last me about 6 days, I am ahead of the game, but I still have no extra cash in hand...

It's like that prior $75/wk for cigs got absorbed into the universe some how...:sad:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So you scored a krma? Congrats, you must have been like Doc Holiday on the keyboard.:)
They were in stock for a long while on vapinart the other day. They were still available last time I checked but I'm sure they're not anymore. Kept trying to talk myself into buying one but just couldn't do it. Vape budget has been non existent lately, really need to sell some things so I can get some things!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They were in stock for a long while on vapinart the other day. They were still available last time I checked but I'm sure they're not anymore. Kept trying to talk myself into buying one but just couldn't do it. Vape budget has been non existent lately, really need to sell some things so I can get some things!

I can relate, just put my ultem neofet up for sale this morning. Was looking at my collection last night, definitely time to thin the herd.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I ordered a KRMA, I was surprised to see them in stock loong after they were posted (several hours at least).

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
When I was a smoker, I was spending ~$75/week for a carton of Nat Shermans.

After the 'initial investment' in a starter kit, coils and juice for about that same amount a little over 2 yrs ago, and the initial sticker shock when upgrading to a mod with replaceable 18650s, several batteries and a good charger, I figure if I spend about $150 every 6 months on gear, and DIY my own juice that cost me about $1.50/120ml which last me about 6 days, I am ahead of the game, but I still have no extra cash in hand...

It's like that prior $75/wk for cigs got absorbed into the universe some how...:sad:

When I first started vaping I saved a couple thousand the first couple of years - I was spending over $400 a month on smokes

Once the Deeming Regs were passed, I just said fuck it and started buying what I wanted

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I first started vaping I saved a couple thousand the first couple of years - I was spending over $400 a month on smokes

Once the Deeming Regs were passed, I just said fuck it and started buying what I wanted

tax is ridiculous on cigs here

i used to buy black market rollies by the kilogram

but when working out vape budget, i always use retail of cigarettes. So i smoked 70 a day and retail would cost around $1.05 per cig

so $500 up mods are fine IMO :oops:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
tax is ridiculous on cigs here

i used to buy black market rollies by the kilogram

but when working out vape budget, i always use retail of cigarettes. So i smoked 70 a day and retail would cost around $1.05 per cig

so $500 up mods are fine IMO :oops:

I hear that - at least there is something to show for it besides bad breath and ashtrays

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I was spending about $140/mo on smoking.
Cheap smokes and a cheap cig state.
Marlboros still under $5 a pack here.

I have saved about 2/3 of what smoking cost me. Last month I went on a minor binge and spent about $150 though.
The rest of the year I expect to spend $20/mo or so.

My actual consumables cost is well under $20/mo.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was spending about $140/mo on smoking.
Cheap smokes and a cheap cig state.
Marlboros still under $5 a pack here.

I have saved about 2/3 of what smoking cost me. Last month I went on a minor binge and spent about $150 though.
The rest of the year I expect to spend $20/mo or so.

My actual consumables cost is well under $20/mo.
I still spend around $200 a month, but you've seen my collection...

On consumables? I've likely got enough wire, rayon, cotton, juice, and batteries to go about 3 years before I start to worry.

If I returned to DIY, I could go about 7 years...

For me, the primary concern is space. As in "where am I gonna put all this stuff?"

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still spend around $200 a month, but you've seen my collection...

On consumables? I've likely got enough wire, rayon, cotton, juice, and batteries to go about 3 years before I start to worry.

If I returned to DIY, I could go about 7 years...

For me, the primary concern is space. As in "where am I gonna put all this stuff?"

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
yeah except for consumables I have enough tanks, attys and mods to last the rest of my life.
I have enough consumables to last me well over a year and then it will just be some PG/VG and flavoring. Batteries and wire and wick I am good for about 3 years.
Nic I am good for 20+ years.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how long I'd last.

1 litre 200mg nic.
1 litre 100mg nic.

I vape 7ml p/day @50mg/ml

So, a while, but not 10 or 20 years.

Only have 6 to 12 months WTA too

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
She must be shipping just a small part:D
Nope she fit them all! But it was close!
664b6b20d02d7547bfa21c89bc055b0b.jpg

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice Therion BF 75C in the classifieds for a good price!
I saw that and was tempted briefly as I want a 75C chip squonk but I remembered I am on a mission to minimize spending and maximize paying off some of my 0% interest debt.

Was there no squonk hole on those bottle/battery covers?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw that and was tempted briefly as I want a 75C chip squonk but I remembered I am on a mission to minimize spending and maximize paying off some of my 0% interest debt.

Was there no squonk hole on those bottle/battery covers?
I totally understand the minimize spending crusade ( I failed miserably! ) and yes, you are right, the pictured item is not the BF version of the Therion.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally understand the minimize spending crusade ( I failed miserably! ) and yes, you are right, the pictured item is not the BF version of the Therion.
yeah, that made the impulse control easier to control once I realized it wasn't actually a dna75c squonk lol

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
No need to apologize, I see them as cost efficient vape gear. Don't know about the Psychlone atty, but the Supersonic is really good, at a fraction of the authentic (I have both) and the Wasp IS an authentic. This is a very verbose way of saying : Nice haul, enjoy!

It doesn't bother me, I often prefer the original but if I can't easily source one or if the clone is better, I take the path of least resistance :) I also will use clones to try something out in person to see if I like the general design, then if it really wow's me I'll seek out the real thing with a bit more effort. The Dinner Lady Lemon Tart was a bit of a letdown. It seems so hyped, and it delivered what it says on the tin, but it didn't knock my socks off. The lemon was only slightly better than some lemon Pledge-ish juices.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A happy vape mail day to me! (Sorry about the clones to any they may offend)

Nice one mate. Welcome to VU!
Wanted to chime in here to reiterate what Brewski said, no apologies needed.
I don’t think there’s anyone in here anymore who would be offended by clones thanks to the great Haku debacle of 2017!
I personally am one of those no-clone guys, but when someone is happy with their stuff it makes me happy too. New shit is always good! That said I sometimes like to give folks a hard time for clones but it’s all in good fun, don’t want anyone to take me too seriously. We’re all in the same boat...and all complete lunatics ...so get used to that!
:hug:

But mannn... I thought Dinner Lady Lemon Tart was killer, not something I’d buy regularly but was given a bottle for Christmas and devoured it.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice one mate. Welcome to VU!
Wanted to chime in here to reiterate what Brewski said, no apologies needed.
I don’t think there’s anyone in here anymore who would be offended by clones thanks to the great Haku debacle of 2017!
I personally am one of those no-clone guys, but when someone is happy with their stuff it makes me happy too. New shit is always good! That said I sometimes like to give folks a hard time for clones but it’s all in good fun, don’t want anyone to take me too seriously. We’re all in the same boat...and all complete lunatics ...so get used to that!
:hug:

But mannn... I thought Dinner Lady Lemon Tart was killer, not something I’d buy regularly but was given a bottle for Christmas and devoured it.
I wish they would clone me lmao

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors