Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
Alright guys and gals need a little help here.
Been a week today since I posted these for sale and nary a nibble. So obviously I made a misstep when making these so need a little feedback from you fine folks on what went wrong before I carry it on to the next batch.
Did I err on dying the wood on the 2 green ones, was it the wood choices, priced to low or high, not provide good pictures, not give a good enough comparison of the size compared to my others, squonk hole wrong size ,shape or placement. just plain ugly, (Did not know about them because of where they are posted) or any other reason you can think of. Really not sure why it is not pushing anyones buttons. So please help an old man out.

Here are some more pics to address some of these.

aYHCZUl.jpg

tmgYh6K.jpg

rmmtpuZ.jpg

Ea8kXon.jpg

ev7xicx.jpg

EGxcsr8.jpg

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Nice looking mods. Is there a sales page? Would like to have a look at the internals.

What kind of bottle does it come with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice looking mods. Is there a sales page? Would like to have a look at the internals.

What kind of bottle does it come with?

If you go to the co op's section he has them listed there,good looking mods and great prices on them too.

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like so stiff that it feels fixed. I was able to screw my Hadaly all the way down. But trying to push by hand was feeling like I had to use to much pressure to move it.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like so stiff that it feels fixed. I was able to screw my Hadaly all the way down. But trying to push by hand was feeling like I had to use to much pressure to move it.
Yep.Mine is the same,but has not caused any problems.When I screw an atty on it it hits a stopping point like it's a fixed pin,but then with a little more force will continue to screw down flush.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my SXK Armor V1 clone and silicone bottles from Fasttech today.......:bliss:
These bottles are NICE!!!! They finally got a squonk bottle right,and they lowered the price to just under $19 for a five pack.I want to order more,but they will only fit in the Galactika clone.Was hoping to use one in my orca.Maybe they will fit the orca after I upgrade it to the mod maker 510 connection. My order for the SXK Shift BF and Omier wasp nano have already been processed through Chicago customs,and they have shipped my transparent frankie v3 clone. Life is good!

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my SXK Armor V1 clone and silicone bottles from Fasttech today.......:bliss:
These bottles are NICE!!!! They finally got a squonk bottle right,and they lowered the price to just under $19 for a five pack.I want to order more,but they will only fit in the Galactika clone.Was hoping to use one in my orca.Maybe they will fit the orca after I upgrade it to the mod maker 510 connection. My order for the SXK Shift BF and Omier wasp nano have already been processed through Chicago customs,and they have shipped my transparent frankie v3 clone. Life is good!

Could you post a link for the bottles please? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Let us know how the SXK Armor is, I have the YFTK and it's excellent.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

FWIW I've stuffed the silk bottle into the orca with the older style MM510 and it's the same feed pin length as the newer ones, not sure how the Lukkos differ with the bottles you've found, but I think you'd be alright.
EBzBNjW.jpg

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first armor clone I bought was one of the cheap ones from 3fvape.The airflow control does not turn unless you add an oring. The squonk pin also snapped in two when I tried to in stall it. The SXK,just from brief playing about with it,appears to be much better quality.The airflow control turns very smoothly.I like that it comes with 2 drip tips and a black airflow control ring so you can change the looks.I will put the squonk pin in it and build it when I have time on my days off and report back.Initial impression is goos!

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FWIW I've stuffed the silk bottle into the orca with the older style MM510 and it's the same feed pin length as the newer ones, not sure how the Lukkos differ with the bottles you've found, but I think you'd be alright.
EBzBNjW.jpg
I believe the yftk bottles are suppose to be copies of the Lukkos silks. Here is a pic of one next to a supersoft bottle.
bc23ecf1c84584a76d337472db7d4481.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe the yftk bottles are suppose to be copies of the Lukkos silks. Here is a pic of one next to a supersoft bottle.
bc23ecf1c84584a76d337472db7d4481.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

It may be a tight squeeze, if at all possible you might do well to shorten the feed pin on the connector.
Of course, I have a pile of modmaker connectors and they announce that the next batch will have shorter feed pins. :xD:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone tried the kryten? Ordered a clone for my series mechs. So will be for 100watt use.

Compared to a goon opinions would be good

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys, I have a couple of squonk mods that are not getting much love lately and will be looking for new homes soon but I wanted you to get first crack at them. I have a REO P67 I bought used, used for a few hours and decided that I'm not crazy about the side hole. It is missing one door magnet and needs a good cleaning. The other is a Ennequadro and though I like it, I can only use 14 mm atties with it. If you've been around here for more than 5 minutes you'll know I'm crazy about Nuppins and they are 18 mm diameter. Let me know if you're interested.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, first things first! The Galactika clone from 3F is garbage! I would rather spent my money on another Frankie fake than this piece of shit! Maybe there is something salvageable in it. So many issues it's not even funny.
4abcd99958217474e877d4708edf5b04.jpg

3a6b84ebfb60e3fb54cee8d88eb436e3.jpg

On the other hand tho,
I also received a real suprise that truly makes up for the disappointment in the Galactik failure. The Hell Vape Trishule
Rda with Bf pin. This thing is amazing! It's top airflow so no leaking even if you over squonk, unless you turn it upside down.... Lol it has a domed top cap, uses same wide bore drip tip as the goon, and others. Velocity deck much like the druga and a few others and also works great with just a single coil.
For $20 bucks I definitely recommend it.
e120c4b9bff48a055402a36c7884ebd9.jpg

867b6179218b4d73066bdfad64ef17fc.jpg

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
Ok, first things first! The Galactika clone from 3F is garbage! I would rather spent my money on another Frankie fake than this piece of shit! Maybe there is something salvageable in it. So many issues it's not even funny.
4abcd99958217474e877d4708edf5b04.jpg

3a6b84ebfb60e3fb54cee8d88eb436e3.jpg

On the other hand tho,
I also received a real suprise that truly makes up for the disappointment in the Galactik failure. The Hell Vape Trishule
Rda with Bf pin. This thing is amazing! It's top airflow so no leaking even if you over squonk, unless you turn it upside down.... Lol it has a domed top cap, uses same wide bore drip tip as the goon, and others. Velocity deck much like the druga and a few others and also works great with just a single coil.
For $20 bucks I definitely recommend it.
e120c4b9bff48a055402a36c7884ebd9.jpg

867b6179218b4d73066bdfad64ef17fc.jpg

I'm curious. How's the flavor?

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
So far it's great! Just got it and put a single coil (2x26g twisted 316L ss,
3.5 id about 5 wraps, ohm .25) the domed top cap really has it producing great dense vapor with awesome flavor.

Thanks man. Looks like I will have to... ATC.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, first things first! The Galactika clone from 3F is garbage!
There is a thread on that one at the other place.Needs a little simple modding,I finally got around to doing mine today.The contacts in the real ones are done the same.I see you got one with the spring in the bottom,wonder how it compares with the one I got that doesn't.If you don't want to fool with it let me know,maybe I can work something out and take it off your hands.I like tinkering with shit like these :D

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got this Mulciber as part of a trade package :) Im diggin it, its got a nice velocity style deck, low on the deck squonk pin and flavor galore :D Rockin it with a single 316L SS coil, 7wraps, 3mm id for .0.35 ohms :)

61web2ur0tenx1h6g.jpg

went ahead and made my own drip tip for it :D

3u788kx5abn5txj6g.jpg

its a keeper :)

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a thread on that one at the other place.Needs a little simple modding,I finally got around to doing mine today.The contacts in the real ones are done the same.I see you got one with the spring in the bottom,wonder how it compares with the one I got that doesn't.If you don't want to fool with it let me know,maybe I can work something out and take it off your hands.I like tinkering with shit like these :D

Yeah I like tinkering with mods myself. I'll prob tear it apart and modify it a bit.
I gutted and rebuilt 3 Frankie fakes that turned out to be nice little work squonks. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dunno. China may need to slow down, lol.
That boxer hardly looks like the same mod - check the difference in appearance of the material - thickness of the wall and contacts, etc.
The squonk holes' different.
Plus, reports are that the boxer bottle, the only bit shipping so far - is a winner. Silicone, etc...
I guess if you're prepared to gut a box and replace internals, any of these might be of interest - I'm not up for that.
I'll still try out an atty with a clone, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with china mods...until/unless they come up with something good on their own, like the Coppervape was...
upload_2017-6-14_9-21-27.png
upload_2017-6-14_9-22-19.png

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
It's on FastTech also for about same price. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on it cause I was going to order an Armor rda and a bottom feed conversion kit for the sapor.
Hopefully this is better than the Galatika Failure.

Dang. You are fast!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
still waiting on my inbox

how is the battery life? preferably measured in ml per battery, since hours is meaningless

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, almost done reading all 204 pages of this thread. Man, what a chore. I will be receiving my first squonker tomorrow (from Simplicity Mods) and I am stoked! I have been vaping for about 5 years and have been dripping for about 4 1/2 years. Always thought that i would be dripping until the last day. I have always heard about squonking and thought that it was just something else that really i didn't care about, until I started to read up on it and Finally found out that it is dripping "the easy way"! I use mech's and regulated all the time. When i began to realize that i was paying a fortune on store bought juice, I also started DIY'ing. I just wanted to say Hi and hope that this "old ass grumpy shit with an attitude" will fit in. From what i have read, I know that I will.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, almost done reading all 204 pages of this thread. Man, what a chore. I will be receiving my first squonker tomorrow (from Simplicity Mods) and I am stoked! I have been vaping for about 5 years and have been dripping for about 4 1/2 years. Always thought that i would be dripping until the last day. I have always heard about squonking and thought that it was just something else that really i didn't care about, until I started to read up on it and Finally found out that it is dripping "the easy way"! I use mech's and regulated all the time. When i began to realize that i was paying a fortune on store bought juice, I also started DIY'ing. I just wanted to say Hi and hope that this "old ass grumpy shit with an attitude" will fit in. From what i have read, I know that I will.

Welcome to the dark side!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the slippery slope, you found the biggest bunch of enabling, helping folk on the inter-web!

VU Sponsors