Become a Patron!

Sigelei 100W!!! Loving it.

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got my Fatbaby in the mail today, never used a regulated mod like it before, interesting to have such a consistent experience. After some testing I feel like it's largely unreasonable to go above 20w, the juice just tastes burnt and gross after that point, but maybe it will be different down the road with a dripper instead of an Atlantis.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got my Fatbaby in the mail today, never used a regulated mod like it before, interesting to have such a consistent experience. After some testing I feel like it's largely unreasonable to go above 20w, the juice just tastes burnt and gross after that point, but maybe it will be different down the road with a dripper instead of an Atlantis.
Congrats on the Fatbaby, I dig those. I think I'm coming from a similar place to you.

My regulated mod experience was an MVP 2 then on to tons of mechs. I've settled around 25 Watts for most of my kayfuns, so I get how ya feel. It's such a crazy difference, and so consistent. I'm vaping on my Vanilla ATM, but it's a lower built tank, so it's ok. My usual 1.2 build feels like child's play now on mechs. That extra 10 ish watts makes the vape so much more warm and tasty. Just another time in my vaping progression that has had me blown away by what I've been missing.

sparx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's looking like I'm going to receive my Sig today. 101vape shipped it out same day and USPS tracking shows it in my town, so now I "patiently" wait for delivery. I stopped by my favorite local b&m last night for some juice and saw that they had just stocked some Orchid v4s, so I picked one up. I've got quite a few RDAs but this is my first actual rebuildable tank, and while I'll mostly drip on the Sigelei, the Orchid should be good for out and about. So now I'm off to YouTube to watch Orchid build videos while I wait for Mr. Postman.

EDIT; Nope, USPS couldn't see fit to deliver my package today so it will sit at the post office all weekend, and I'll get it on Monday. Maybe... Guess I'll just have to rough it with my mechs until then.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It's looking like I'm going to receive my Sig today. 101vape shipped it out same day and USPS tracking shows it in my town, so now I "patiently" wait for delivery. I stopped by my favorite local b&m last night for some juice and saw that they had just stocked some Orchid v4s, so I picked one up. I've got quite a few RDAs but this is my first actual rebuildable tank, and while I'll mostly drip on the Sigelei, the Orchid should be good for out and about. So now I'm off to YouTube to watch Orchid build videos while I wait for Mr. Postman.

EDIT; Nope, USPS couldn't see fit to deliver my package today so it will sit at the post office all weekend, and I'll get it on Monday. Maybe... Guess I'll just have to rough it with my mechs until then.

The Orchid is a great RBA to top off your new Sigelei. Actually, I have one right now on mine and is great. But the suckers can be just a bit challenging to attach the coils to and a BITCH to fill. Find some extra E-Liquid that you don't like from your stash and practice with that.

Also, get one of these................

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009156/1663600-replacement-polycarbonate-tank-for-kayfun-3-1

Gives you some extra capacity which you will need as the Orchid is a Liquid guzzler and is a lot easier to fill without leaking.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Orchid is a great RBA to top off your new Sigelei. Actually, I have one right now on mine and is great. But the suckers can be just a bit challenging to attach the coils to and a BITCH to fill. Find some extra E-Liquid that you don't like from your stash and practice with that.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009156/1663600-replacement-polycarbonate-tank-for-kayfun-3-1

Gives you some extra capacity which you will need as the Orchid is a Liquid guzzler and is a lot easier to fill without leaking.

Definitely upgrade the stock tank.

With the KF tank on, I can use a syringe to fill from the fill-port with no backflow and it now holds 4ml+ easy. Not a drop lost since I swapped it out.

And, it's sexy to see your juice for a change. ;)

jhmuejOl.jpg

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have three orchids and not one of them have leaked on me with the stock tank. How is that happening for you guys?

sparx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
pCocJLE.jpg

What an emotional roller coaster today has been! The tracking for my Sig showed arrival at the local post office this morning but my mail carrier didn't bring it. Figured I'd have to wait until Monday and I was pretty bummed out about it. But then a second mail man came by just ten minutes ago and delivered my mod! He said that they are running double routes to accommodate the holiday packages and my package was on the late sort. So I'm now the proud owner of a black Sigelei 100W Plus!! I am currently at work but I brought extra batteries with me today in anticipation of it's arrival, so of course I had to try it right away. I put my Mephisto on it, which has a single coil, 22 gauge, .3 ohm build and set the power to 40 watts. SO. NICE! It looks and feels so solid and while I didn't care for the waves at first, I think they look really good. Especially with the matching beveled edges. I look forward to building the Orchid and seeing how that does but man, I am already very impressed.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will someone do me a favor??? Hold your sig to your ear (opposite of battery door) with the screen on. It's strange but I hear a high frequency sound, it's not noticeable unless it's by my ear, but wondering if I'm the only crazy person....

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I always fill my orchid from the bottom with a syringe and blunt needle, and I don't get any leaks. I tried doing a top fill only once and the liquid went every where and I did cover both holes.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will someone do me a favor??? Hold your sig to your ear (opposite of battery door) with the screen on. It's strange but I hear a high frequency sound, it's not noticeable unless it's by my ear, but wondering if I'm the only crazy person....
Is that without pushing the button? I can't here anything. But I could be going deaf.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It would probably be best if you ask someone you know there to see if they hear it... I'd suggest a female, typically they can hear higher frequencies than males tend to be able to hear. This way you know if your unit is making a sound or not... and then you can find out if others also have the same behavior... or if it's just your unit.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tbh, that silicone sleeve sucks! Makes mod feel/look larger and worst of all liquid just pools inside

I actually am a fan of it so far. Makes the overall feel of it better imo.

Granted with my Magma i'm not seeing any "pooling". Maybe a very minimal amount of moisture here and there that's easily wiped away.

ArabellasDaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha, I just got the V2 and my fiancé is saying i can't get another mod EVER! hahaha. Gotta love the prego hormones.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The bottom is full of tiny indents I've tried to order the sleeve but when I can its always sold out

ArabellasDaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah lol well that's no good. We got some at my local vape shop.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes, I can hear that high frequency sound coming from my Sig 100w (non plus version). It's not audible unless I put my ear directly to the unit. In other words, I wouldn't have noticed it unless you had asked people to check. The sound stops when the screen times out (ie goes black). Was this bugging you? Can you hear it during normal use? If I'm vaping as normal I would never notice this sound.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It would probably be best if you ask someone you know there to see if they hear it... I'd suggest a female, typically they can hear higher frequencies than males tend to be able to hear. This way you know if your unit is making a sound or not... and then you can find out if others also have the same behavior... or if it's just your unit.
Yeah, the wife (non-smoker, non-vaper), wants nothing to do with vaping. Is it strange to ask random females??? Lol!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I can hear that high frequency sound coming from my Sig 100w (non plus version). It's not audible unless I put my ear directly to the unit. In other words, I wouldn't have noticed it unless you had asked people to check. The sound stops when the screen times out (ie goes black). Was this bugging you? Can you hear it during normal use? If I'm vaping as normal I would never notice this sound.
Awesome, nope not bugging me at all! Just wanted to see if I was insane! Thank you! I'm not concerned about it, just making sure I wasn't crazy! I have the plus btw.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I walked into a local B&M recently and they wanted $15 per battery, talk about fucking highway robbery.

The costs involved in having a B&M business of any type are a lot higher than most people can imagine. In many cases, the owners don't make a living wage if they make much of one at all.

sparx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also have this sound when the screen is on. I only hear it when I put the mod directly up to my ear, but it's there.

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The costs involved in having a B&M business of any type are a lot higher than most people can imagine. In many cases, the owners don't make a living wage if they make much of one at all.
They were also selling Atlantis coils but for $5.95 per coil in the pack, or $26.95 for the whole thing, it's kind of unreasonable. The other stores in the area have way less markup on everything but their stock isn't always on par, so places like this take advantage of droughts like with the Atlantis coils.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They were also selling Atlantis coils but for $5.95 per coil in the pack, or $26.95 for the whole thing, it's kind of unreasonable. The other stores in the area have way less markup on everything but their stock isn't always on par, so places like this take advantage of droughts like with the Atlantis coils.

Compared to about $19.95 online for a 5 pack... that really isn't unreasonable when you factor in the overhead of a B&M.

We have a relatively low cost of living where I am ( and it differs widely across the country )... Rental business property here can easily go from just over a $1 per sq ft to well over $5 depending on location within this town you'd need to check with a Realtor in your area to see what those run there. Utility costs, employee wages ( actually x2 because of workers comp and SS insurance, then there is health care insurance for each, possibly also factor in retirement benefits ), actual liability, fire and other insurances. Having stock on the shelves also comes with additional costs about equal to a business loan for the initial cost of the product. They can offset the cost of on hand stock if they also sell online so they can move more quantity.

I'm self employed... I had much the same thoughts as you are expressing now when I first started my own business ( computer repair btw )... I quickly found out, because of the other costs I didn't originally take into consideration... that my first thoughts were wrong...

ArabellasDaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Awesome, nope not bugging me at all! Just wanted to see if I was insane! Thank you! I'm not concerned about it, just making sure I wasn't crazy! I have the plus btw.
Mine also makes that noise, it's a V2 straight out of the box lol. I had to put my head to it in order to hear it. Mine is also only when the screen is on.

sparx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alrighty, well I've had my Sig+ for almost 48 hours now and used it almost exclusively all weekend. I did vape on one of my mechs briefly while waiting for batteries to come off of the charger but the Sig has pretty much been in my hand since it's arrival. This is one seriously nice box. At first I thought that I'd mainly use it at home but forget that! I deliver pizza part time and worked a nine hour shift on Sunday. The Sig came with me and I used it all day at 40 to 50 watts, and the batteries lasted me all day and then some. It's also with me at my main job today and while I do love my mechs and iStick, my Sigelei is my new flagship mod. It's already the first one I reach for. I'm currently vaping "Fruit Rings" from Everyday Drips (6mg) in my MXv1, 22 gauge, .3 ohms, at 40 watts, and it's beautiful. I have no more vape itches to scratch. Endgame achieved!

On question though. When do you pull the batteries for charging? I find that when the battery meter reads 50%, the battery voltage is about 3.5v, so that's when I put new batteries in. But it does take alllll day to go from 100% to 50%.

Sorry if I'm a bit rambly. I'm just really, really pleased with this purchase!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Alrighty, well I've had my Sig+ for almost 48 hours now and used it almost exclusively all weekend. I did vape on one of my mechs briefly while waiting for batteries to come off of the charger but the Sig has pretty much been in my hand since it's arrival. This is one seriously nice box. At first I thought that I'd mainly use it at home but forget that! I deliver pizza part time and worked a nine hour shift on Sunday. The Sig came with me and I used it all day at 40 to 50 watts, and the batteries lasted me all day and then some. It's also with me at my main job today and while I do love my mechs and iStick, my Sigelei is my new flagship mod. It's already the first one I reach for. I'm currently vaping "Fruit Rings" from Everyday Drips (6mg) in my MXv1, 22 gauge, .3 ohms, at 40 watts, and it's beautiful. I have no more vape itches to scratch. Endgame achieved!

On question though. When do you pull the batteries for charging? I find that when the battery meter reads 50%, the battery voltage is about 3.5v, so that's when I put new batteries in. But it does take alllll day to go from 100% to 50%.

Sorry if I'm a bit rambly. I'm just really, really pleased with this purchase!
Awesome, I deliver food, too, but it's been cold so I haven't been taking the box. My mechs feel so weak, lol.

I had the same question with batteries. I always have charged around 3.8-3.9 with mechs, and I don't like running batts low. I tend to pull them around 25-30%, guessing since my IPV3 just has a bar, and they're at 3.5-3.6. Still a bit low for me, but oh well. I've had it two weeks on Thursday and my batts are lasting longer now that they've gone through some cycles. I'm torn on how low to run them, and I see myself getting at least one more pair so I can switch more frequently. Two pairs isn't enough I'm thinking.

I'm curious what others say.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While different battery chemistries between the various types of lithium batteries will vary some... as a general rule I don't run them down more than 80% of their full charge capacity... so I don't recommend going lower than 3.4v or I feel it's too hard on them and limits their potential life

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
While different battery chemistries between the various types of lithium batteries will vary some... as a general rule I don't run them down more than 80% of their full charge capacity... so I don't recommend going lower than 3.4v or I feel it's too hard on them and limits their potential life
I think it's because I'm usually near a charger, and was always using mechs, but I always charged at 3.8 at the lowest. Of course, on a regulated box, you don't notice a drop off, so the battery indicator is your friend. I know partial charges are better for battery longevity, but maybe I shouldn't worry quite as much with the box. I probably am gonna get two more pairs of batteries, though. I'm OCD like that.

Thanks for the input!

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lithium batteries nominal ( ie storage voltage ) is 3.7v ... it's also the middle of it's working voltage range. There is certainly a good reason to not vape lower than a certain amount on a mech mod... because the voltage affects the output so much... But on a regulated mod.. going a little lower ( ie between 3.4v-3.6v ) becomes more of just personal preference and isn't much of an advantage in gaining lifespan

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lithium batteries nominal ( ie storage voltage ) is 3.7v ... it's also the middle of it's working voltage range. There is certainly a good reason to not vape lower than a certain amount on a mech mod... because the voltage affects the output so much... But on a regulated mod.. going a little lower ( ie between 3.4v-3.6v ) becomes more of just personal preference and isn't much of an advantage in gaining lifespan
Cool. Sound like I have it about right. Still will probably get more batts, lol.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well @CurlyxCracker

I blame you for jinxing my plus. Now when the screen is on I can hear the buzz if I put my ear up to it.

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine doesn't do it. Unless I just can't hear the high notes because of running sound in bars for too long.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I checked earlier and I swear it is new, but maybe I am just slow to notice.

VU Sponsors