Become a Patron!

Sigelei 100W!!! Loving it.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been following this thread for a while, finally decided (while waiting for slowtech to ship my pair of Cloupor T8s) to switch to a pair of the original Sigs...half confident in the move, half thinking that just in the last few weeks my move has led me to outdated technology...oh well, excited anyway now that I've got a black and a silver on the slow boat from China.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Sig Plus arrived at my local post office this morning. Should be at my door when I
get home from work. This will be my first Sigelei product. They've been around for a while and their products have generally gotten good reviews so I'm confident the Sig 100 Plus will deliver the performance and quality. I got the gold color because I thought the stripes looked better than on the black. Although I'll be using the cover on it so it doesn't really matter. Can't wait to try it out and see how long two batteries will last.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Sig Plus arrived at my local post office this morning. Should be at my door when I
get home from work. This will be my first Sigelei product. They've been around for a while and their products have generally gotten good reviews so I'm confident the Sig 100 Plus will deliver the performance and quality. I got the gold color because I thought the stripes looked better than on the black. Although I'll be using the cover on it so it doesn't really matter. Can't wait to try it out and see how long two batteries will last.
Curious to hear how that spring loaded pin feels. Looking like I may get mine Monday. Cannot wait!

phipp13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's been a while since i got my 100w Sigelei Raptor mod. I absolutely love this thing! I bought the wife one at Vapefest East 2014 in Richmond Va. a month or so ago and we got them wraped by Justin of Jwraps and been Vaping along.I haven't touched that Hana mod since. no need to. just figured i'd give y'all an update. Phipp13 OUT!

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I got my plus version yesterday after work. I'm very impressed with the build quality. The battery door fits like a glove with zero movement. The spring loaded pin feels smooth and strong. The silicone cover also fits very secure. Compared to my IPV2 the Sigelei is built so much better. I got the gold version because I think the stripes look better against this color than the black. Battery life seems good but time will tell. I'm at 85% and started using it last night using a .8 dual coil build at 20 watts. I'm very pleased with this and at 109 dollars it's priced very well. If you don't have one and you're thinking about getting it, just buy it. You won't be sorry.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got to at least TRY to max it out so I'm ordering a Doge with wide bore top cap for it.
I have a all copper mech coming I had to get when I seen it, it was a steal. I'm not even excited for it to arrive now that my sig shipped
I just ordered the Doge. Last night I did a .2 build on my Darkhorse and went to 100, it tasted good, flavor was bit muted, the vape, IMO, was way to hot. I vaped it at 100 for about an hour, went through 7-8 mls of 80% VG juice. Our bedroom (wife and me) looked like a crazy foggy night in London. I have found that 40-50 watts is my range on the Sig, for RBA's anyway, that will get me a good 7-8 hours before I need to change batteries. I stay around the 20-35 range on my tanks, will last for two days before a battery change. The Sig (all 3 of them) was one of my best Vape purchases of the year, if not, my entire vaping career.

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered the Doge. Last night I did a .2 build on my Darkhorse and went to 100, it tasted good, flavor was bit muted, the vape, IMO, was way to hot. I vaped it at 100 for about an hour, went through 7-8 mls of 80% VG juice. Our bedroom (wife and me) looked like a crazy foggy night in London. I have found that 40-50 watts is my range on the Sig, for RBA's anyway, that will get me a good 7-8 hours before I need to change batteries. I stay around the 20-35 range on my tanks, will last for two days before a battery change. The Sig (all 3 of them) was one of my best Vape purchases of the year, if not, my entire vaping career.
I think the airflow on the doge should cool it down enough to make it tolerable. My plume starts hitting the hot side of things at about 75-80w (on a mech). I run that wide open without derlin or drip tip, think those chuff enuff top caps fit, may get one for the plume.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a chuff on my Darkhorse. 100 was still just too hot, it muted the flavor as well. I have been vaping at 80 all day on the same rig. Flavor is great and the vape is nice, warm, and very dense, I fucking love it.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a chuff on my Darkhorse. 100 was still just too hot, it muted the flavor as well. I have been vaping at 80 all day on the same rig. Flavor is great and the vape is nice, warm, and very dense, I fucking love it.
That's why I went with the sig. If on the rare occasions I want to go crazy, I have mechs. 100w is more than enough for what I consider a satisfying vape. Like you, I'm in the 80w range. I almost got the dark horse. I like the square posts but doge won out in terms of air flow from what I could tell.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Re: post # 113
I got my 100 today and love the size of it vs my god180. I didn't have it 30 minutes before the install a fat daddy urge hit me. So I opened it up and removed the screws to survey the situation. Pried around on the plastic but couldn't get it to budge. Reassembled and am happily vaping. I'm sure i'll be back at it before long but jeez I gotta get a few days on it before I screw it up.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got my sigelei plus in, love it. Only vee small complaint so far, I came from a Hana clone (as far as box mods anyway) , feel like 510 was comfortable over button rather than opposite. But I got use to the mvp 2 button and that was awkward. I'm assuming not enough clearance to have it there though

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my sigelei plus since Saturday and all seems well. The batteries lasted for two days and that was with heavy vaping because I wanted to see the low battery warning and insure it would turn off. It did and I must say the Vape quality remained consistent all the way through the charge. Even at 1% battery power left I never noticed the Vape quality dropping. This is an excellent device.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had my sigelei plus since Saturday and all seems well. The batteries lasted for two days and that was with heavy vaping because I wanted to see the low battery warning and insure it would turn off. It did and I must say the Vape quality remained consistent all the way through the charge. Even at 1% battery power left I never noticed the Vape quality dropping. This is an excellent device.
You said it brother!

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Re: # 314
Well I couldn't help myself. Was slow at work today so I went home at lunch and grabbed a fat daddy 510 and back to work. Got it done. Now I got a couple of copper pins I'll never use. Sounds good to me.

Attachments

• oie_9234532BD9EIrkQ.jpg
    oie_9234532BD9EIrkQ.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 56

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got a fat daddy v4 sitting right next to me waiting for a new home.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@nodor how did you remove it? Was the glue hard to remove?
The 510 has a pretty fine thread and they put some kind of grey epoxy on it. After drilling the center out Iused a carbide burr and ground almost all the way thru in 2 areas 180 degrees apart. Then using a small punch sharpened to a wedge I colapsed it into 2 pieces and it fell out. There was barely a trace of epozy left on the threads. The thread pitch of the fat daddy is much coarser than the existing thread but the diameter was just right to tap for fat daddy without predrilling. I wanted to use the nut and soldering lug that came with the daddy. so I had to grind down the boss about 2.5 mm. In order to have enough room for the pin movement I was forced to use the 22 mm washer. With the pin fully pushed in it sit pretty much the same as the stock one.
It took me about 2.5 hours to do and I got payed so it was a win win for me.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The 510 has a pretty fine thread and they put some kind of grey epoxy on it. After drilling the center out Iused a carbide burr and ground almost all the way thru in 2 areas 180 degrees apart. Then using a small punch sharpened to a wedge I colapsed it into 2 pieces and it fell out. There was barely a trace of epozy left on the threads. The thread pitch of the fat daddy is much coarser than the existing thread but the diameter was just right to tap for fat daddy without predrilling. I wanted to use the nut and soldering lug that came with the daddy. so I had to grind down the boss about 2.5 mm. In order to have enough room for the pin movement I was forced to use the 22 mm washer. With the pin fully pushed in it sit pretty much the same as the stock one.
It took me about 2.5 hours to do and I got payed so it was a win win for me.
I wish I had the know how and ability to do that sort of stuff... that's awesome. Can't beat getting paid while doing it, either. ;)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like that fat daddy 510! I don't think I'm a fan of the flush to the actual box idea but I'm not about to even look inside

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The drilling starts in the morning can't wait to not have use those damn pins anymore.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I to wish I had the know how and tools to mod my mods. That way I could get my upcoming 150w to have a spring loaded pin. I would also play with my old mods instead of giving them away. Because fuck other people.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Which FD 510 did you use? They have 3 different ones available. V3, V4 low profile, and the V4. Looks like you did a very nice job.
Also, is it possible with the spring loaded pin that juice can leak past it and into the electronics? I'm thinking with the current screw pin it's sealed.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Robert B
He didn't have a bunch of versions when I got these. I think around last June. Not sure but I guess version 1 or 2. The pad that the connector goes thru is about 4 mm on the Segelei. Before grinding it thinner to make threads exposed to mount solder tab and nut, the connector was about flush with the pad. There is an O ring in the bottom brass piece of the connector to prevent juice seepage. I put one of these connectors in my cana/SX350 conversion mod about 4 months ago and haven't had any leakage at all.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Robert B
He didn't have a bunch of versions when I got these. I think around last June. Not sure but I guess version 1 or 2. The pad that the connector goes thru is about 4 mm on the Segelei. Before grinding it thinner to make threads exposed to mount solder tab and nut, the connector was about flush with the pad. There is an O ring in the bottom brass piece of the connector to prevent juice seepage. I put one of these connectors in my cana/SX350 conversion mod about 4 months ago and haven't had any leakage at all.

Ok, thanks. FD mentions o-rings on the V4. Your 510 top cap looks more like the one varitube sells than the current FD's...

Hurry up Dre, I wanna see if your V4 will work before I order one! lol

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my 100w Plus this morning. First impressions leave me happy with the purchase.

Think i'll be needing a larger well dripper though :)

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got my 100w Plus this morning. First impressions leave me happy with the purchase.

Think i'll be needing a larger well dripper though :)
Mine and the hubby's arrived today too. We are pleased too. I did find that it is slightly slower to respond than the ipv2 but it appears too be much better quality.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is a great combination.
ab84bdc966348f77b0ebdc35a11dac0a.jpg

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How much do these chips drain from battery? Making my own with LiPo packs, 6000mAh. Just not sure about the discharge rate.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much do these chips drain from battery? Making my own with LiPo packs, 6000mAh. Just not sure about the discharge rate.

You determine that by calculating what amp draw your setup is using.... with ohm's law. The following are the formula's .... but there are a lot of online calculators that you can use to help figure it for you.

Where
P = power in watts
E = voltage in volts
I = current in amps
R = resistance in ohms

P = E2/R
P = I2 * R
P = E * I

E = sqrt(P * R)
E = P/I
E = I * R

I = E/R
I = P/E
I = sqrt(P/R)

R = E/I
R = E2/P
R = P/I2

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, im familiar with that. Just figured if these chips require anything special, but i suppose not.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The only thing I don't love about mine is that the silver casing is an absolute crud magnet. That is why I will be ordering a Jwap for it.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you want a real treat, pop an Orchid on top of your Sigelei.

I love that combination!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looks are good. Quality of vape somewhere between outstanding and so this is what my juice really tastes like.
I got the ipv3, but vaping my kayfuns around 25 watts, I totally know what you mean. I'm taking my mechs while driving for work, and it's just killed em for me. Flavor and heat just isn't there. Kinda sucks in that regard, lol. Only trouble I'm having is some of my tanks heat up from my chain vaping and want to leak. I can fix it, but it's a pain in the ass. Gotta experiment with builds I think.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Haven't had the time yet sorry. By Saturday I'll have pics

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I was ordering one I would definately order the plus for the added benefits. I'm not sure about the less shitty buttons tho. The buttons on the reg 100 are just fine IMHO. The switches are mounted directly on the circuit board. That I'm sure hasn't changed. The actual button is machined SS and sits on top. I see they changed the finish on the fire button can't see what else they could possibly do to make it better.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

sparx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright, well I simply couldn't resist any longer. I just submitted my order for the Sig 100w Plus from 101vape. I've wanted one for months and last night I found out that I have more than $100 in my change jar at home, so I finally pulled the trigger. :cool:

I'm mainly a dripper and will primarily use one of my various RDAs but I'm going to go ahead and pick up an RTA as well. Right now I'm leaning toward a Lemo, but also considering either an Orchid or a Billow. A black Lemo would look pretty sweet on it...

Also, does anyone here know how quickly 101vape ships out? I've never dealt with them before so I don't know whether they do same day shipping. I selected Priority shipping so if it does go out today I should have it on Saturday. Otherwise, Monday. This is the only part of vape mail I hate. The wait.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tbh, that silicone sleeve sucks! Makes mod feel/look larger and worst of all liquid just pools inside

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got my 100w+ in today.... Love it!!! $99 with a sleeve, free shipping from Vapor Range.

VU Sponsors