ProVari Radius

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't really kept up with the massively positive threads since i ditched using TC, but one select instance of AmandaD's SX Mini M class dying doesn't really say shit about the overall dependability of that device. Last i i knew and outside the Evolve beta team posting over on ECF who were pretty butt hurt at the time to see Yihi slam dunk on their face, the SX Mini was well received by pretty much everybody that bought one. I know mine was rock solid while i had it, and about the only device i've ever bought (and i've bought one of everything) that i felt could directly challenge Provari's standard in quality.

It's not always about getting too caught up in the marketing hype or feature details man, especially among those like Garemlin that already know what they want/like and are pretty content in keeping it that way. Some of you newer posters touting "Vaporshark's reputation in quality" should also really go back, read some older threads, and give yourself a more thorough history lesson on that track record you preach. I like the new dna200 chip too, but the suggestion that Vaporshark as a company is on par with Provari there is pretty laughable imo.

Watching the latest video, that seems like a pretty terrible design choice by Provari for the battery cover imo. It's almost like they thought to themselves "let's take the one thing people generally hated about the wildly successful SX Mini, and make it worse".
Exactly...every one cites the one unit dying, yet, I've had a few ProVari, some new, some used, and every one of them had boards that came loose...and I'm someone who babies my mods...a few here hav bought stuff from me and can attest to how I take care of them.
To rely on 2 drops of hot melt to hold a board in place that is under constant tension is not a great design. Easy to fix, but I can think of 100 better ways to secure it. I've also known others who have had to send theirs in for one repair or another-- most don't complain about it because they have 10 other ProVari as backup.

Now before everyone shit down my throat saying I'm bashing ProVape...I'm not bashing them. I do recognize them as making a good quality product, but the designers are human, and they designed products that do have flaws...nothing is perfect!
As for their customer service, they are definitely not the worst. In fact, they are better than most...but I have received better.
Do they have a good warranty. Absolutely. Better than most. But still not the best (ask anyone who has a Hexohm...lifetime, no questions asked guarantee-- and most if not all repairs they have done are due to user error).

yes ProVape is good at what they do, but far from the best!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok seriously, tell me about VS quality
everything negative I have read baout a VS product was relate dto the evolve board in it, not the mod. If i spoke incorrectly, I would like corrected abut VS. It was my understanding the made a solid mod that could last a year or more, with excellent customer service and excellent out of warranty repair

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
everything negative I have read baout a VS product was relate dto the evolve board in it, not the mod. If i spoke incorrectly, I would like corrected abut VS. It was my understanding the made a solid mod that could last a year or more, with excellent customer service and excellent out of warranty repair
The finish on the 40, didn't hold up for some; which is an arguable point between quality of finish, leaking juice, and status of skin. Personally 4 of mine were fine other than drop marks while 2 of them I had cerekoted; because of wear. Like I said earlier in the thread my two 30s have been flawless since day one and still get used. I'm hard pressed to blame any issues with the vs40 mods squarely on VS. Hindsight being what it is, they were handed a pretty shitty deal with being contractually bound to devolve and having to handle one nightmare after the other with the boards, then more issues compounding the situation. I have a feeling that they don't have many office personnel either. Everytime I've caller I have spoken to one of the same 3 people. So either they can't keep a staff or it's a small crew that was dealing with cleaning up an inherited mess.
Just glad they appear to have saved themselves, since that company is the one that introduced me to subohm vaping.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's crazy cloud chaser talk! Admit it, you don't fit their criteria. lol
What is the Criteria?

Somebody got a list?

Perhaps we could make one?

It might be fun!!!

LOLz, Jim

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hate the menu
hate the battery door
hate my crown would not shine on it
hate my maganus would not shine on it
but a Kanger STM would do nice
It hates you too!!!

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
W0W...

A whole year?

How do they do that?

Too Funny!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish this dude Astro Turf goes back to ECF and stays there with all the other cronies who troll for a fight..his posts are not helpful to anybody..he's a Provari fanboy..a legend in his own mind...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish this dude Astro Turf goes back to ECF and stays there with all the other cronies who troll for a fight..his posts are not helpful to anybody..he's a Provari fanboy..a legend in his own mind...

he is ironically funny

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The one thing I love about vu over ecf is that there were no real fanboys of anything here, no one here has given a flying fuck what another uses unless its to ask questions before buying, gather an opinion, stop someone from making a bad purchase or problem solve....

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No he's not..if I met him in real life I'd take his Provari away from him..watch him cry like a little baby..at 6'2" and 225 lbs he couldn't do shit to get it back..now that's funny!

Your pic Sir!!!

Too Fuckin Funny!

4f18079958780605dd340898a71c42a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The finish on the 40, didn't hold up for some; which is an arguable point between quality of finish, leaking juice, and status of skin. Personally 4 of mine were fine other than drop marks while 2 of them I had cerekoted; because of wear. Like I said earlier in the thread my two 30s have been flawless since day one and still get used. I'm hard pressed to blame any issues with the vs40 mods squarely on VS. Hindsight being what it is, they were handed a pretty shitty deal with being contractually bound to devolve and having to handle one nightmare after the other with the boards, then more issues compounding the situation. I have a feeling that they don't have many office personnel either. Everytime I've caller I have spoken to one of the same 3 people. So either they can't keep a staff or it's a small crew that was dealing with cleaning up an inherited mess.
Just glad they appear to have saved themselves, since that company is the one that introduced me to subohm vaping.
You got great slang nicknames like devolve and prorape lol.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No he's not..if I met him in real life I'd take his Provari away from him..watch him cry like a little baby..at 6'2" and 225 lbs he couldn't do shit to get it back..now that's funny!

yea he is,,he just got your pink panties all twisted up

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

All that and you didn't even mention the word "glitched screen", or the fact the VS RDNA40 probably holds the world record for most RMA'd Box Mod in Vaping History. Of course you need a good warranty when some people need to use it 3+ times. Letting them off easy there ;).

Yihi should get a current pass on any slang nicknames btw! That there is an upcoming patch on the SX Mini M Class with a new version about to hit is pretty classy and stand up decision imo.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well, its a good thing I'm not a proraper
All that and you didn't even mention the word "glitched screen", or the fact the VS RDNA probably holds the world record for most RMA'd Box Mod in Vaping History. Letting them off easy there ;).

Yihi should get a current pass on any slang nicknames btw! That there is an upcoming patch on the SX Mini M Class with a new version about to hit is pretty classy and stand up decision imo.
My point was to separate devolve from vs since they are two different corporate entities. the dna40 board issues are far worse than just the screen.one of the reasons so many rdna40s were RMA'd is because so many were sold. in excess of 5000 units were sold the first week of preorder alone. I am letting them off because for having 3 customer service reps handle all of that, in my opinion they did all they could really do. Despite the fact that as a separate coporation they got pretty fucked over that board along with us as end users
The 3rd version of that board with the least amount of screen issues had a major flaw in its refinement, but no one bitches abut that because its not seen, so as an example that's another fault of the board that devolve gave to their corporate customers to in turn give to their end users.

---the yoohoo update is out already btw
Last one on the list
http://www.yihisxmini.com/Upgrade-Firmware-page18.html

Last edited:

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I know, I'm learning real quick about these mods just from curiosity, it seems to be a touchy one from the activity:)

ApeMustNotKillVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally! Some competition for the cool fire 4

No shit. Right?
All this talk about build quality and warranty is delusion to justify spending too much. It is transparent how angry they get when you threaten their false reality.

Just buy a coolfire4 with the same specs for $30 and a $15 Kbox for backup. When the coolfire dies, throw it out the window. Coolfire 8 will be $30 by then.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The thing is, rewind back 2 years, one of the biggest arguments for ProVari was the signal quality and accuracy. Your cheaper mods used a very low frequency PWM where ProVape used a very high frequency, filtered signal to produce a much cleaner signal. Unfortunately today, that argument is null, because almost all devices now are producing equal signal quality.

...but the ProVari can take abuse that other mods would not survive: personally, I have $200 mods, and I have $40 mods. Could the $200 mod survive something that would kill the $40 mod? Probably, possibly...however, why take the chance! If I'm in a situation where something could happen to my mod, guess which mod I take with me?

...I once knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy who heard about a guy who dropped his ProVari in a swimming pool, dried it out and it worked! The key is getting the battery out fast. Would another mod survive that? Maybe, maybe not...but the ProVari in the story was an older one-- before they went to the OLED display, and scrolling menus, and the more advanced features... Any of the newer ones (classic, P3, and radius), are gong to have no better chance of surviving something like that than a DNA or Innokin device

So at one time, yes, ProVari was ahead of everyone else in terms of signal, reliability features and service. But they sat still for too long, and now the gap has closed quite a bit, and others have matched and or exceeded them in many ways. Again, I'm not taking anything away from ProVape and what they offer..I'm just saying that there are multiple options out there now that can do the same thing for less $

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...I once knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy who heard about a guy who dropped his ProVari in a swimming pool, dried it out and it worked! The key is getting the battery out fast. Would another mod survive that? Maybe, maybe not...but the ProVari in the story was an older one-- before they went to the OLED display, and scrolling menus, and the more advanced features... Any of the newer ones (classic, P3, and radius), are gong to have no better chance of surviving something like that than a DNA or Innokin device
Joe brags on the SX S class taking a trip through the wash cycle and continuing to work like a champ.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I purchased a P3 earlier this year. I was new to vaping and the hype over the Provape quality and customer service caught my attention. Out of the box, it was malfunctioning. It would randomly just stop working. Had to pull the battery to reboot it and then it would work for a while longer. Needless to say I was annoyed as hell and almost just returned it for a refund, but I sent it back to Provape and they fixed it and it's worked fine since. I very quickly outgrew it. I still use it, but only when I'm at home and only for my RY4 mix in a nautilus tank. It is a nice quality product, but after a month I had buyers remorse since it was quickly becoming too limited for me. Live and learn. I think I still use it because it cost too much not to :) I have purchased other mods and tanks since then. I've been thinking about purchasing another mod and was holding out after I heard they were releasing a box style, hoping it would be a 60-75 watt mod, but oh well. I've lived and learned so....moving on in search of something else.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my d2 took a swim in the dish water and still works like it did new.. I wouldnt expect any mod regardless of how much it costs to survive that. well maybe the invader since its suppose to be able to handle that.
point is
i do not believe pro vape owns the exclusive rights to building a quality product. plenty of othe rmods which costs the same or less can bebuilt just as well and work just as well.
im sure plenty of provaris have fucked up

after warranty service and customer service though is what would make me spend $200 or more on a mod, but to spend that much I also need something Im not likely to outgrown before the warranty is over

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
my d2 took a swim in the dish water and still works like it did new.. I wouldnt expect any mod regardless of how much it costs to survive that. well maybe the invader since its suppose to be able to handle that.
point is
i do not believe pro vape owns the exclusive rights to building a quality product. plenty of othe rmods which costs the same or less can bebuilt just as well and work just as well.
im sure plenty of provaris have fucked up

after warranty service and customer service though is what would make me spend $200 or more on a mod, but to spend that much I also need something Im not likely to outgrown before the warranty is over
That's what I'm seeing as well..the gaps are becoming extremely narrow in the Vape quality and reliability between the low end devices and high end...and what it's starting to become is in most cases, it's only the fit and finish of the product, and the "bells and whistles" features. And what I'm starting to see, is even there the gaps are starting to close

Visus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My cloned Provari like device lol I betcha it last just as long and vapes just as good..

This is 22 bucks at fasttech add a Vamo v8 40w chip your at a whopping 37 bucks
On Joes deal page he has two Samsung batts for 14 bucks but Provape must obviously buy much better of the same Samsung batts because a single Samsung batt is 12 bucks there..
3354900-4.jpg

I love the case/enclosure its awesome IMO but meh 40w @ 200 bucks is crazy..
If it was 75 watts and or is gonna be upgraded to 70 ish watts I stand corrected thats awesome..

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My cloned Provari like device lol I betcha it last just as long and vapes just as good..

This is 22 bucks at fasttech add a Vamo v8 40w chip your at a whopping 37 bucks
On Joes deal page he has two Samsung batts for 14 bucks but Provape must obviously buy much better of the same Samsung batts because a single Samsung batt is 12 bucks there..
3354900-4.jpg

I love the case/enclosure its awesome IMO but meh 40w @ 200 bucks is crazy..
If it was 75 watts and or is gonna be upgraded to 70 ish watts I stand corrected thats awesome..
I'll take that bet...

What do you say?

We'll meet back here in 5 years?

Too Funny!!!

LOLz, Jim

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'll take that bet...

What do you say?

We'll meet back here in 5 years?

Too Funny!!!

LOLz, Jim
WHY ARE YOU SO CONVINCED PROVARI HAS SUCH AN EXCLUSIVE RIGHT to wuality. other companies are cpaable of making a device of equal or superior quality to a provari

VU Sponsors