Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
to me
to be competitive with the available products
a single cell battery offering needs to be 60-75w and hav TC MINIMUM
upgradable software would be a bonus
aprice point for such an item being at $149 would imho be a knock out punch

lots of folks like the evic vtc,d2,sig 75tc and the new treebox is sure to be ahit, plus theres some other ones out there like the smy60tc i think

these are all very popular
so if provape made a provari with similar specs at a $149 price point ALOT OF PEOPLE would go for it

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
to me

lots of folks like the evic vtc,d2,sig 75tc and the new treebox is sure to be ahit, plus theres some other ones out there like the smy60tc i think

so if provape made a provari with similar specs at a $149 price point ALOT OF PEOPLE would go for it
Sounds Good...

I wonder why they don't?!?

Jim

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
ya need a picture ??
I asked you which you meant? That I don't meet the criteria to own one, or a ProVari doesn't meet my criteria? Pretty obvious that those 2 statements mean different things.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow get the fuck off your high horse pal. And don't put fucking words in my mouth. I didn't say one negative thing about high wattage sub ohm vapers. I don't give a shit how anyone vapes. My first sentence said that. Learn to read before spouting off.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus
First, I never read s single post asking for ProVape to make a 150w mod. Only critics asked for a minor stretch beyond current offerings, yet your post went to the extreme.... So yes, I read correctly.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ya need a picture ??
please, show me what the criteria is to be a prorape owner...
It really has me baffled, I've never heard of a machine having criteria for ownership, outside of the arc or the covenant..... or perhaps kryptonite

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It really has me baffled, I've never heard of a machine having criteria for ownership, outside of the arc or the covenant..... or perhaps kryptonite
Or a Lamborghini. Need at least $190K to enter the Adrenalin junkie zone.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Or a Lamborghini. Need at least $190K to enter the Adrenalin junkie zone.
Hahaha!!! What it is Zamazam! Only spead freaks get a Lamborghini, you should look at a Ferarri.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Porsche 914, basically a super souped up VW. If I could afford one, I'd buy a Lamborghini Countach.

"I have a need..For Speed!"

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a Porsche 914, basically a super souped up VW. If I could afford one, I'd buy a Lamborghini Countach.

"I have a need..For Speed!"
NICE! as you can tell from my username I had a Trans-am,(not the wife beater edition) up until a year ago. One of these days I will get a '67 vette. Doubt I will ever afford a European import sports car.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

done told ya ,,stop looking for something that isn't there , or are you one that went after snipes every time

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NICE! as you can tell from my username I had a Trans-am,(not the wife beater edition) up until a year ago.
I had 4 TA's pretty sure at least one fits the wife beater edition ??
280z,280zx
71 nova w\350 pumped up so hott,it was step below having to go alcohol cooled
71 ford F-150 w/mercury 410,it once ate a cutlass with a 383 magnum

helped my BF put a 400 into a Vega ,kid 2 doors down put buick 235 into a pinto runabout

i got the speed freak outta my blood already,now its just V-twin's

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
it is so fuggun simple to figure out
Well, since you were asked multiple times if you meant that I wasn't worthy to own one, or one simply didn't meet my needs, I guess I'll take what you said at face value: that in your opinion, I'm not good enough to own one.
Sorry if you don't approve, but quite frankly, it doesn't matter. You did a good job of proving my point, though.
Best of luck on your vaping journey.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and i answered multiple times,,which fell on deaf ears

only thing i proved ,has nothing to do with owning or wanting a provari

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have I ever said how much I've missed the Provarinati debate since I left the mothership?

No? Oh. Well...

I'd still love to have a Provari someday, just to experience this world-class construction the devotees speak of...but back when I was vaping last-gen clearos that fired effectively under 20 watts a Vamo, sadly, was more in line with my budget. And the one-button thing just seemed stupid to me (it still does).

It seems they've fixed my beef with not having adjustment buttons, and I'm not a knee-jerk hater on the plastic - done right, it could cut weight and still be made durable (I know durability is pretty much the only thing these guys are staking their reputation on these days). TC is still a foreign concept to me. I don't consider myself a stupid-sub-ohm vaper, a cloud chaser, or a Tim Allen wannabe screaming all the time for MOAR POWER! And at 200 bucks the price point, while still high, is much more approachable when you consider the expectation of quality on the device. This should be a winner for a long-term, well-read vape enthusiast, right?

It sounds like that last assessment is going to end up a far cry from reality. I may never go over (or even near) 100 watts, rendering most of the new-tech mods ridiculous overkill, but I still run coils both built and bought that ask for 50-60 watts. I like a little comfort zone - my old RX-7 pulled hard through its redline, but I didn't drive it at 9200 RPM all the way to the grocery store and I don't want my mod maxing out all the time either. I may someday want to play with TC - if Provape isn't comfortable putting that tech in right now, will they offer assurances that there'll be a downloadable upgrade once they figure it out? I mean, this mod is supposed to last for years - what's the point if it turns out to be obsolete tech if I adopt TC in a few months? And if you're still only going to offer a single-battery configuration, WTF is the point of going to such a large form factor?

While I picked up a beater iStick 100 to top with a tank for my "ease of use" mod, I'm still rocking my RDAs on a v1 Sig 100 that's now almost a year old - it has a few dings and dents from drops onto concrete and asphalt, but it does what I need it to do day in and day out. If it dies tomorrow, for the $80 I invested I can buy another (actually I can buy a Sig 150 TC for that price today) and get 2 1/2 years of upgrading to state-of-the-art tech every year before I hit my Provape break-even point. If I'm happy with the crappier build quality of the iStick that does the same damned thing, I could get a new mod every 6 months and it would take 4 years using the Radius (assuming it never needs service or repairs) to put me in the same spot.

Still holding my breath on specs before I call this one another faceplant...but absent some indication that Provape is at least paying some attention to what's going on in the vape enthusiast world (because let's face it, casual users aren't dropping the kind of coin it takes to join the Provarinati elite in numbers large enough to support sub-par tech in perpetuity), I'm going to call this the mod that either makes the company relevant again or the epic fail that buries them.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Have I ever said how much I've missed the Provarinati debate since I left the mothership?

No? Oh. Well...

I'd still love to have a Provari someday, just to experience this world-class construction the devotees speak of...but back when I was vaping last-gen clearos that fired effectively under 20 watts a Vamo, sadly, was more in line with my budget. And the one-button thing just seemed stupid to me (it still does).

It seems they've fixed my beef with not having adjustment buttons, and I'm not a knee-jerk hater on the plastic - done right, it could cut weight and still be made durable (I know durability is pretty much the only thing these guys are staking their reputation on these days). TC is still a foreign concept to me. I don't consider myself a stupid-sub-ohm vaper, a cloud chaser, or a Tim Allen wannabe screaming all the time for MOAR POWER! And at 200 bucks the price point, while still high, is much more approachable when you consider the expectation of quality on the device. This should be a winner for a long-term, well-read vape enthusiast, right?

It sounds like that last assessment is going to end up a far cry from reality. I may never go over (or even near) 100 watts, rendering most of the new-tech mods ridiculous overkill, but I still run coils both built and bought that ask for 50-60 watts. I like a little comfort zone - my old RX-7 pulled hard through its redline, but I didn't drive it at 9200 RPM all the way to the grocery store and I don't want my mod maxing out all the time either. I may someday want to play with TC - if Provape isn't comfortable putting that tech in right now, will they offer assurances that there'll be a downloadable upgrade once they figure it out? I mean, this mod is supposed to last for years - what's the point if it turns out to be obsolete tech if I adopt TC in a few months? And if you're still only going to offer a single-battery configuration, WTF is the point of going to such a large form factor?

While I picked up a beater iStick 100 to top with a tank for my "ease of use" mod, I'm still rocking my RDAs on a v1 Sig 100 that's now almost a year old - it has a few dings and dents from drops onto concrete and asphalt, but it does what I need it to do day in and day out. If it dies tomorrow, for the $80 I invested I can buy another (actually I can buy a Sig 150 TC for that price today) and get 2 1/2 years of upgrading to state-of-the-art tech every year before I hit my Provape break-even point. If I'm happy with the crappier build quality of the iStick that does the same damned thing, I could get a new mod every 6 months and it would take 4 years using the Radius (assuming it never needs service or repairs) to put me in the same spot.

Still holding my breath on specs before I call this one another faceplant...but absent some indication that Provape is at least paying some attention to what's going on in the vape enthusiast world (because let's face it, casual users aren't dropping the kind of coin it takes to join the Provarinati elite in numbers large enough to support sub-par tech in perpetuity), I'm going to call this the mod that either makes the company relevant again or the epic fail that buries them.
That's where I'm at with it. I know many love to crucify and say I had no intention of buying one to,begin with, but for the $200 they are asking, I'd need at the max to be 50w (even though 90% of my vaping doesn't exceed 40w). Again, those who,find fault in my posts will miss this: I really hope,ProVape did keep in touch with what folks are asking for and that this does put them on top again...however, every indication I have seen, makes me feel they are going to keep the pattern of running the marathon, only to fall flat on their face 5ft from the finish line-- just so close....

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's where I'm at with it. I know many love to crucify and say I had no intention of buying one to,begin with, but for the $200 they are asking, I'd need at the max to be 50w (even though 90% of my vaping doesn't exceed 40w). Again, those who,find fault in my posts will miss this: I really hope,ProVape did keep in touch with what folks are asking for and that this does put them on top again...however, every indication I have seen, makes me feel they are going to keep the pattern of running the marathon, only to fall flat on their face 5ft from the finish line-- just so close....
And that's the rub - because most of my use is under 60 watts, I'd like to see 75 as a cap, minimum. I don't think I'm a vape extremist, but I'm sure none of us do. Unless it's competing with industry standard as far as output, it's going to fail for some users...it's just that the lower they set the bar, the fewer potential customers there will be to try to limbo under it.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here is my deal. If I was looking at a 40w mod, that gave a good quality vape, in the 40w range, and still compact:
-VaporShark DNA40- board issues have been worked out. True 40w RMS output, USA made board, and has temp control $99
-IPVD2 - 60W, temp control both nickel and titanium $50
-YiHi SX Mini- built like as well as the classic ProVari, 75w, can do 150w with extension tube, temp control for nickel, titanium and stainless (coming in v2), 4 different heating curves (slow ramp up, steady power, boosted pre-heat) $175
-ProVari Radius: 40w? No temp control, untried and tested case design, $199
...and those are just the single battery compact mods. There are many others in the under $200 price point that blow it away in any specs

So with that said, unless one is a die-hard ProVape loyalist, it's really hard to justify this device- no matter how you spin it

Now, with that being said, I'll give one point supporting ProVape: The polycarbonate case. First there are different types of polycarbonates, some stronger than others. The factor of cracking? Wouldn't take much to use an epoxy base glaze inside and out of the case to make it impervious to juice cracking it. Secondly, plastic does not always have to be cheap. Car bumpers (and many other parts) are plastics, and subjected to a lot more stresses than our vape (heat, cold, impact, vibration, oils, UVR, chemicals etc). Modern handguns are predominately plastics, and I can guarantee the shock and vibration from a 10mm Glock far surpasses what most mods will ever see. In fact, some plastics are actually more expensive than metal to produce. All things aside, the fact that the case is made of a type of "plastic" is actually the one thing that is NOT a factor in ruling this device out for me...the price and other specs do a good enough job of that on their own!

OK...I am not what you can call a "fanboy" of Provari, or of anything for for that matter (well..maybe with the exception of the Rose V.2 RTA). And because I am not American I am freed of the pressure of nationalist sentiments when it comes to passing judgements on this or that product, or when it comes to taking a decision to purchase this or that product. My arsenal currently includes the SX mini (S class) the Semovar, the Futura DNA 20, the IStick 50, one TI Kamagong Wood Box mod, and several Provaris for me and the wife.

I use my SXmini when I'm out of the house because I like its form factor and durability and because if I happen to lose it, I won't be as upset as I'd be if I lost my P3 for instance.

I have noticed that watt for watt and using the same tank, liquid, build..etc. the Provari and the Semovar give a better vape than the rest. When I want to enjoy a good vape it's usually with a Provari or Semovar and the Rose with a 1.2-1.4 build. I am not an expert, and the difference was small really, but discernible, especially if you are a flavor chaser. So I thought it must be the quality of regulation of the Provari and Nivel chips. It was Battitude that pointed out to me that the reason is the frequency with which the chip regulates that makes the difference (the Provari chip uses a much higher frequency).

So..while I agree the SX mini has excellent build quality ( except for the paint) I choose to buy the Provari, especially since I mostly vape around 10.5 - 13.5 and sometimes 15 watts depending on the build and liquid. For me it's not just reliable, it is better. I am also waiting for a new Svoemesto mod (if they ever get their act together and make one)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First, I never read s single post asking for ProVape to make a 150w mod. Only critics asked for a minor stretch beyond current offerings, yet your post went to the extreme.... So yes, I read correctly.

Not to the extreme. Just an example. I could have said 70w, 90w, etc. I just picked a number. You implied that I looked down at sub ohm vapers. I don't and have no idea where you got that impression. All I ever said is Provape does not build products for that segment of the vaping community. You took it to the extreme and consider me snobbish.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everybody here knows ProVape has not built a mod yet that has the power needed for us seasoned veterans who love to sub ohm vape.. I mean that is old news, But what I'm saying it would be great if ProVape produced a mod that would have the power necessary, and with the ProVape legendary durability it would be a awesome mod indeed..one can only dream..lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

millie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps one should consider that ProVape has been known for providing accurate and consistent power. This vaper has certainly noticed quite a variance in devices --- one mod at 15 watts is entirely different than another. It could be that 35 watts on a Radius is the same as 55 on XYZQRXTV --- or at least just as tasty or more appealing by being consistent.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
to me

If one really *needs* 60-75w, at that point you have essentially evolved past the point where purchasing a one battery box as your primary (which is basically the core appeal in dumping that much money on a device imo) makes much sense to begin with. Regardless who makes it. I mean who actually breaks out their IPV D2 to vape in that high a range? I know I don't.

I just did rough exercise count in my head of all the people in my area i got to start full time vaping over the past few years, and came up with over 35 names i'm familiar enough with to know how/what they currently vape (i'm like local famous for being "the vape guy" here lol) . Most of those people's tastes/preferences have evolved over time, with the large majority using a rather message board standard Sigelei/IPV/Eleaf/Evic-VT setup with their Kanger/Atlantis sub ohm tank. Of those people, a grand total of one person i know of ever vapes at over 30w, and absolutely none of them have bought into using temp control. The latter of which now includes myself , after previously diving head first into the concept for a couple months.

Point being and as others have pointed out, the extra wattage headroom and option of TC would be nice for select crowd (which again includes me), but not having it will hardly play out to be some deal breaker outside a very very very small handful of message boarders that will sit around and bitch about it for a bit...before habitually moving on to the next new shiny contender that always tends to be right around the corner.

So in that respect i completely understand the "criteria" marketing, and certainly am not going to be offended by it just because it doesn't include me lol.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If one really *needs* 60-75w, at that point you have essentially evolved past the point where purchasing a one battery box as your primary (which is basically the core appeal in dumping that much money on a device imo) makes much sense to begin with. Regardless who makes it. I mean who actually breaks out their IPV D2 to vape in that high a range? I know I don't.

I just did rough exercise count in my head of all the people in my area i got to start full time vaping over the past few years, and came up with over 35 names i'm familiar enough with to know how/what they currently vape (i'm like local famous for being "the vape guy" here lol) . Most of those people's tastes/preferences have evolved over time, with the large majority using a rather message board standard Sigelei/IPV/Eleaf setup with their Kanger/Atlantis sub ohm tank. Of those people, a grand total of one person i know of ever vapes at over 30w, and absolutely none of them have bought into using temp control. The latter of which now includes myself , after previously diving head first into the concept for a couple months.

Point being and as others have pointed out, the extra wattage headroom and option of TC would be nice for select crowd (which again includes me), but not having it will hardly play out to be some deal breaker outside a very very very small handful of message boarders that will sit around and bitch about it for a bit...before habitually moving on to the next new shiny contender that always tends to be right around the corner.

So in that respect i completely understand the "criteria" marketing, and certainly am not going to be offended by it just because it doesn't include me lol.
Speaking for myself I run my little D2 between 50-65w without issues...plus
I've introduced a lot of people to vaping in the last 3 years myself, and 99% of them upgraded to subohm vaping today, including members of my own family and folks I know across the country I've met as a truck driver on dedicated runs..
So yeah, I belong to a group of people who needs a mod that can deliver at least 60w and fire down to .2 ohm to stay tobacco free.. that's why I chose to vape in the first place..just sayin

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking for myself I run my little D2 between 50-65w without issues...plus
I've introduced a lot of people to vaping in the last 3 years myself, and 99% of them upgraded to subohm vaping today, including members of my own family and folks I know across the country I've met as a truck driver on dedicated runs..
So yeah, I belong to a group of people who needs a mod that can deliver at least 60w and fire down to .2 ohm to stay tobacco free.. that's why I chose to vape in the first place..just sayin

Guessing most people would probably classify the shitty battery life you are getting while doing that as an "issue", especially in such a long road trip environment. I mean granted I like my smaller form factor as much as the next guy, but at some point there is a whole practical aspect you have to take into account. Why not a 2 battery box there?

Like i said almost everybody i know who does sub-ohm vape, the majority doing so with a Kanger/Atlantis sub tank that's being shoved down their throat as the "what you need" product at every vendor outlet, does not do so at such extreme wattages. Your own preference there being the exception rather then some universal rule.

Most seem to make the jump up from ego style devices to the sub ohm tanks because "it hits a lot harder", and settle in somewhere in the 20-25w range. Once they comfortably do that, and assuming there is actually a genuine desire present to drop the cigs altogether, i've yet to run across anybody claiming the difference at that point between smoking and not smoking comes down to a extra amount of watts.

Whatever personally keeps you going though i guess. That Provari isn't going to cater to that select and extreme minority preference shouldn't come as some big shocker though, imo.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guessing most people would probably classify the shitty battery life you are getting while doing that as an "issue", especially in such a long road trip environment. I mean granted I like my smaller form factor as much as the next guy, but at some point there is a whole practical aspect you have to take into account. Why not a 2 battery box there?

Like i said almost everybody i know who does sub-ohm vape, the majority doing so with a Kanger/Atlantis sub tank that's being shoved down their throat as the "what you need" product at every vendor outlet, does not do so at such extreme wattages. Your own preference there being the exception rather then some universal rule.

Most seem to make the jump up from ego style devices to the sub ohm tanks because "it hits a lot harder", and settle in somewhere in the 20-25w range. Once they comfortably do that, and assuming there is actually a genuine desire present to drop the cigs altogether, i've yet to run across anybody claiming the difference at that point between smoking and not smoking comes down to a extra amount of watts.

Whatever personally keeps you going though i guess. That Provari isn't going to cater to that select and extreme minority preference shouldn't come as some big shocker though, imo.
Shitty battery life you're talking about isn't all that bad as its not the only mod I take with me over the road... I take a couple other dual batt mods with me as well..
5a4e925d7bf75546195bc08276b62890.jpg

Truck has 5-120v AC power ports that easily handles my 4-bay charger, ..no big deal about batteries not lasting.. Lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Shitty battery life you're talking about isn't all that bad as its not the only mod I take with me over the road... I take a couple other dual batt mods with me as well..
5a4e925d7bf75546195bc08276b62890.jpg

Truck has 5-120v AC power ports that easily handles my 4-bay charger, ..no big deal about batteries not lasting.. Lol

Like everything else, its a choice.
If I'm going to vape between 40-60w I'm usually wanting a single battery mod for the form factor. I have two, 4 bay chargers so swapping out batteries is not an issue for me, if I don't want the wide girth of a dual battery mod.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like everything else, its a choice.
If I'm going to vape between 40-60w I'm usually wanting a single battery mod for the form factor. I have two, 4 bay chargers so swapping out batteries is not an issue for me, if I don't want the wide girth of a dual battery mod.

Well yeah, if i'm sitting at home it's not *that* big an issue (although constantly changing out the SX Mini in particular started getting old after the 100th time i did it). But not everybody can or wants to carry around spare batteries, much less a 4 bay changer.

Which is why i broke down and bought the Asolo recently. For as questionable of a device as it may be, it's small enough and still a better option for my own needs then any of the higher quality one bat boxes :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I like to spend money on a quality product that will last over buying disposable mods that won't. The problem is sometimes you do outgrow devices. I rarely use my Provari 2.5 because I typically build around the 1Ω range and it will not fire at a level that I like. On the flipside I have a Vaporshark rDNA 30. Love it. Not a cheap device and I thought it would last. Not the case. Pin is constantly getting jammed and the usb port is toast. Also have another rDNA 30 that I bought used and it worked fine until the usb port went on it. So those two do not get used anymore because changing the battery is not simple. If I were to send these two back to get them fixed it would probably cost me $100 each for repair. So what I thought was quality ended up being an expensive throwaway.
I do like a good dna30. I don't have any of the 30 sharks anymore but my Mark Bugs wae2 is one of my favorites dna30s'. Ironically I traded a P3 Beta for it.

Do you really think the iSticks, IPV's Sigelei's, etc out there will still be going strong in 2-3 years of regular use??? I'd say more than likely not. When they fail where do you send them to get them fixed?? Yup the dumpster. Provape products last for years. Even after being dropped in a toilet, run over by a car, fall down a flight of concrete stair, etc. You have a 1 year warranty so that is one year of zero worries. And if you have an issue after that year you have a company to send it to for repair without it costing you the price of a brand new mod.

Yeah they might not be the most powerful or the cheapest. But they are the most reliable. They are obviously not marketed towards high power or sub ohm vapers. They never claim to be.
2-3 years out of a device is great if the device allows for some growth, or if one is content with staying in the same place and ignoring new gear and new advancements. The problem is though as was mentioned in the thread, if it is really just mainly shelf life due to not being a relevant device any longer. At that point though what does it really matter if other devices are being purchased while the quality one is decoration?

Truthfully I got my fingers crossed that Provape knocks it out of the park and we are longing for one, but I am skeptical and feeling reserved on this while staying interested atm.

I paid 269 for my P3 Beta, and I found that the watts adjustment gave me a level of fine tuning that smooth ProVari vape, that wasn't there with VV.

Would I have done it again on a P3? Yes, I bought the Ti version.

And will also buy a Provi Radi!!!

Their product just keeps getting better and better.

Where as the other guys stuff wants to tout bigger and bigger.

I am happy with my Vape Journey so far.

Jim
Damn it I had a post saved as a draft because I was tired when I was typing it a few days ago and now it is gone.

You sound like a content vaper. Kudos on that Jim.

I am more of a restless vaper. I buy shit and put it into my rotation. After awhile it either remains in my rotation, or it gets shelved for occasional use, or it gets sold, traded, or pifed off to someone I think can use it.

Having owned a 2.5 and a p3 I can attest to the quality of previous Provape products and to the consistent vape they provided, but quality is diminished if the device does not fit my daily needs. I think that is why I have yet to pull the trigger on any of the high end mods I have been stalking. While those hemos' may be beautiful they could not be a daily carry, and would not see as much action as a high dollar device deserves.
The mods that see a large portion of use for me are my beaters like the sig 150tc and the heatvape mini because I don't have to worry about them on the job. Of course when I get home they are set aside and other stuff is used, but the beaters are seeing a large share of use being out with me all day.

Don't get me wrong if the specs and the price point make sense to me on the Radius I may get one. I won't be a going in as a blind early adopting beta tester though. I will instead lay back and judge the mod on its pros and cons to make my decision.

Nice Renegade btw, and I hope for some unbiased critical feedback on the Radius.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well as mentioned before we will finally know what the Radius is all about as Provape will post specs at 0900 tomorrow..maybe, lol

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well heres my thought of you want to spend $200-300 on a mod
and a provari has all you need good for you
i myself could not justify that price tag
when the VS dna200 is the same quality
has comparable after warranty service
and has every feature possible crammed into it. - regardless if I am ever going to use all its features, they are there if i want them later without upgrading my mod
and its the same price as the radius

so its all in what you want to spend that money on

i just do not understand if you know people bitch about you being 1,2 even 3 steps behind the rest of the market, you are known to make a quality product, why not make it have as much as possible to make your product as appealing to as many people as possible. now that doesnt mean tc and 70 watts but if this is nothing more then an istick 30 it makes no sense to me

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can say I have never seen a video say so little about a mod and get such a huge freaking amount of replies.. You know Im in for one but this thing better blow me !!! wow If it puts out 80 watts I can live with it if its like some miserable 50w Im gonna lose it I think haha

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's official:
40 watts
down to 0.3Ω
9.5 amp limit
510/P3 connection
1-18650 battery USB charging and replaceable
User updatable via USB (Windows only for now)
$199.95
Figures useless for those of us that have migrated to beyond 40w figures 9.5 amps that is freaking pitiful specs for such a so called High End mod... when are they going to pull their heads out of dare ass

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is it possible that Provari is in a time warp and they need us to pull in the USS Vaperise and pull them out of a wormhole that is sucking up their senses? I always feel like anytime they mention something I am sucked back 6-8 months in time... They are always behind on shit

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it possible that Provari is in a time warp and they need us to pull in the USS Vaperise and pull them out of a wormhole that is sucking up their senses? I always feel like anytime they mention something I am sucked back 6-8 months in time... They are always behind on shit

hard to believe that at one time,provape was light years ahead of everybody else,evolv ran a close behind them but their mod was double the price of what a provari was,and evolv used china boards to boot

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hard to believe that at one time,provape was light years ahead of everybody else,evolv ran a close behind them but their mod was double the price of what a provari was,and evolv used china boards to boot
Yeah man they dropped the ball what gets me is this.. Why dont they leave the quality of the Provari build and give an option lets just say for arguments sake either a 40w Evolv board or the DNA 200? I mean make sense Provari...
I think the gaps are folding in regards to quality there is really only so much one can do with a freaking battery a swtich a battery box an a simple electronics board .. hehehe
In fact I should thank Provari when I saw the video earlier I was almost ready to drop on a custom 350J box after i purchased the DNA200 box now.. after learning of their incompetence I can go ahead as planned..

Ok Im off that boat jesus

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Remember the Darwin? I own one. That was groundbreaking tech that looks like a tire pressure gauge. Way before Provape was around.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So at 9.5a limit with a 0.3 ohm build you top out at 27w .... oh well

Moving along now, guess its ok that I'm not good enough
Now FB, You know this is not about being Good Enough or Not...

If you wanted something else? Well there is something else.

I'll say that it is a Great Time to be a Vaper, whether ProVape or Something Else...

At least we all ain't smokin.

Big Thumbs Up to Us All!!!

VU Sponsors