Become a Patron!

ProVari Radius

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
higher watts in the future like some other mods ??
Well, if so maybe I'll give it another look when then next version of the software comes out. Good luck all, especially the low and low-mid wattage vapers - I'm tapping out on the Provape debate for at least a few months...

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I really wanted this to work for me. If only 5w more as room to move if needed, I would have jumped on one. Even at that price point. Had so much potential-- perfect size, light weight, and nearly indestructible ProVape quality, would have been the perfect mod for throwing in the pocket when out and about.
I'll honestly say, I did like,my ProVari when I vapes in that range, and kinda miss it in some ways, so really wanted this to bring me back.
Damn you ProVape. Your company is the cocktease of the vaping world. Promise big things, get me all excited, then fall short when it comes to execution.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really wanted this to work for me. If only 5w more as room to move if needed, I would have jumped on one. Even at that price point. Had so much potential-- perfect size, light weight, and nearly indestructible ProVape quality, would have been the perfect mod for throwing in the pocket when out and about.
I'll honestly say, I did like,my ProVari when I vapes in that range, and kinda miss it in some ways, so really wanted this to bring me back.
Damn you ProVape. Your company is the cocktease of the vaping world. Promise big things, get me all excited, then fall short when it comes to execution.
Yeah I was actually excited earlier ohh well tommorrow is a new day new vapes new toys.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remember the Darwin? I own one. That was groundbreaking tech that looks like a tire pressure gauge. Way before Provape was around.

Yup thats the one , 3 bills was the lowest i ever seen that sell for :) that swiveling arm is what kept me away from it ..i'd have that thing broke off in no time
oh and that non-removable battery

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And to think at 10a I could push the full 40w with a Triton coil.... with my reward money it would have brought the price down for me to apply and try to get one.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, if so maybe I'll give it another look when then next version of the software comes out. Good luck all, especially the low and low-mid wattage vapers - I'm tapping out on the Provape debate for at least a few months...
If there is updates for more power imo they will go the way of earlier dna's 10w increments. Maybe even 5 lol

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hard to believe that at one time,provape was light years ahead of everybody else,evolv ran a close behind them but their mod was double the price of what a provari was,and evolv used china boards to boot

What made Provape light years ahead of everybody still holds true until proven otherwise, the gap just isn't as gigantic anymore imo. That they were so slow to react to Aspire completely changing the mainstream landscape with the Atlantis, or that fact that it still doesn't have the extra bells and whistles you or I want (and most don't even use), didn't change anything in that respect. Behind all the back and forth going on in this thread, Provari is probably still the only name in the game where pretty much everybody can come together and universally agree that at the core they make a top quality product. That still counts for something, even if I have no plans to buy the thing. Which I still think looks bulky and ugly btw.

Those specs and coming in at $100 less then I thought it would be will give them a stronger footprint in the mainstream game imo. It will never be like it was when they were really the only game in town for true quality (for fun i just went back and counted how many old and long dead ego sticks i have laying around - 8. God those 350 ones were super tiny in a nice way though), but it should sell a lot more then i'm guessing the P3 did. I mean unlike then the market landscape now is looking pretty stale and void of the potential we see the same earth shattering changes. It's mostly just subtank spinoff #5243 or yet another wire for TC that helps continually feed the placebo monster which guards the gate to TC vaping.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For once I am excited and thinking about shedding some cash, getting the thing and joining the club. I don't mind the not-so-great power kick it will have, I want to be sure that it will do exactly what they say it will and of course the added Provape quality and reliaility

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Plumes of Hazard Episode 94: Provari-able Hwattage

Here: start at about 1:04:00

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Plumes of Hazard Episode 94: Provari-able Hwattage

Here: start at about 1:04:00

What does that prove bro? That the Provari didn't have the power to blow decent vapor?...those wispy see-thru "clouds" aren't shit....only proves that a Provari is underpowered, overpriced, and only appeals to fanboys like yourself... and everybody here knows it.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What does that prove bro? That the Provari didn't have the power to blow decent vapor?...those wispy see-thru "clouds" aren't shit....only proves that a Provari is underpowered, overpriced, and only appeals to fanboys like yourself... and everybody here knows it.

It's not about the Cloudz Bro, It's not about the Cloudz...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Lets say it louder a big dissapointment

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Best point of all :)
Glad we could come together!!!

I would also say that, In my One Year of Vaping. I have amassed a few mods.

And I like Cloudz just as much as the next guy.

Jim

PS A Renegade X Mod kit (120 watts) with an Authentic Vicious Ant Goliath on top is alot of fun!!! But it's not my everyday carry. A Provi is.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad we could come together!!!

I would also say that, In my One Year of Vaping. I have amassed a few mods.

And I like Cloudz just as much as the next guy.

Jim

PS A Renegade X Mod kit (120 watts) with an Authentic Vicious Ant Goliath on top is a lot of fun!!! But it's not my everyday carry. A Provi is.
Hey I like cool stuff I hate atypical mods just because I can.. that is why I like people with strong opinions differ or not.. Some jump on band wagons only cause they have limited real thought :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ill repost my statement here, since i thought i was in this thread while typing it

i look at it like this
if you want a 40w device that is a box mod, and need nothing else, and want possibly the best built, longest lasting device, with after warranty service at a fair price, and you are willing to pay 200 the provari is the best on the market. Because lets be sensible. say you buy a dna200 mod for the customizations and tc, and then dont use it, and it is that part of the mod that breaks in such a way, that it renders the entire device unusable, and its after warranty.
Now you have to pay to fix it, where as on the provari didnt have that stuff to break your mod in the first place. The provari has less things to go wrong built in. SO there is an argument to be made if ALL YOU NEED is 40W, then the Provari is the better deal.

My only real grip with the device is 40W is a little anemic in my opinion with all the tanks on the market using dual coils that can push 50-60watts easy and need that much power to make those tanks shine such as Starre,Crown, Triforce, maganus, billow v2 depending on your build, etc. NOw with this upgradable thing in it maybe they will increase its power, maybe not, it may just be a gimmick.

Now the sx mini M class has everything people are using in the dna200 with just less customization options. it has a smaller form factor, and it uses what most of us have 18650s instead of lipos, but its dependibility has been questioned by some, even @AmandaD had hers just up and die on her.

I personally am sticking with my d2 and 3li for a while, and going to keep an eye on the VS dna200 and see if as advertised, it may be the last mod I NEED (not necessarily the last one I want), if something NEW doesnt come around in 5-6 months that the dna200 cant do, then the dna200 with the VS reputation may be my best bet, cuz I hate buying a new mod every time something else comes along.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really don't need anymore mods.

But, I want this ProVape Radius...

And I want this one too, 555 Reaper Competition Mod.

As time passes... So does my Money!

LOLz, Jim

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't need anymore mods.

But, I want this ProVape Radius...

And I want this one too, 555 Reaper Competition Mod.

As time passes... So does my Money!

LOLz, Jim

I'd love to see provape come out with a 1000 mod that fies down to .000001
for no other reason then to see the haters response as to why it does not fit them

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's two round things that come on pairs.... :)
Duh, that's the video...tapathingy on windows just shoes w pic of the battery door

Last edited:

millie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some of you have your data wrong......

ProVari came out for sale first almost exactly 5 years ago. Darwin was a very few weeks later and only about 1,000 "tire gauge mods" were made.

Evolv has always made their own boards. SOME component parts come/came from China as they are not made anywhere else. Same for Provi's.

Don't believe me? Watch the Busardo tours of the companies.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd love to see provape come out with a 1000 mod that fies down to .000001
for no other reason then to see the haters response as to why it does not fit them
If it didn't cost as much as my house, and I didn't need a flatbed trailer to haul it around, there is very little anyone could say

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it didn't cost as much as my house, and I didn't need a flatbed trailer to haul it around, there is very little anyone could say

congrats !! you are the first

the haters would figure out a zillion different "reasons" why they don't fit the criteria of that mod either

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a shame the RADIUS didn't have more power. If it had at least 60 watts I would order one.. that said I'll just have to make do with what I've got, like my IPV4/Crown at 75w..its great actually.. plus I really don't need any more mods anyway, lol
c3c8e64b782777360b16f31bc9699cbd.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a shame the RADIUS didn't have more power. If it had at least 60 watts I would order one.. that said I'll just have to make do with what I've got, like my IPV4/Crown at 75w..its great actually.. plus I really don't need any more mods anyway, lol

My thoughts exactly!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That's crazy cloud chaser talk! Admit it, you don't fit their criteria. lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I definitely don't fit their criteria bro!

I'll give it this much. If this was on the list of possibilities when the 2.5 came out, I would have gotten it, I probably would not have gotten a dna30 when I did. For what it is, it is nice.
Just 10w and short.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the 9.5a limit will hurt them worse than the 40w limitation.
I know Aspire Triton coils do best in the 35-45w range. The stock 0.4Ω coil I have in now reads 0.38Ω, and I fire it at about 37w, so that is like 9.8a

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That was the final 'no go' spec for Me, right there. I have enough single coil and subohm attys, but all are under a .5. If they had it 10a I would reconsider. If it were 50w/15a or 16a I would buy it, no questions asked.

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They up'd the amp limit and lowered the firing resistance of the P3 with an update...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
hate the menu
hate the battery door
hate my crown would not shine on it
hate my maganus would not shine on it
but a Kanger STM would do nice

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now the sx mini M class has everything people are using in the dna200 with just less customization options. it has a smaller form factor, and it uses what most of us have 18650s instead of lipos, but its dependibility has been questioned by some, even @AmandaD had hers just up and die on her.

I personally am sticking with my d2 and 3li for a while, and going to keep an eye on the VS dna200 and see if as advertised, it may be the last mod I NEED (not necessarily the last one I want), if something NEW doesnt come around in 5-6 months that the dna200 cant do, then the dna200 with the VS reputation may be my best bet, cuz I hate buying a new mod every time something else comes along.

I haven't really kept up with the massively positive threads since i ditched using TC, but one select instance of AmandaD's SX Mini M class dying doesn't really say shit about the overall dependability of that device. Last i i knew and outside the Evolve beta team posting over on ECF who were pretty butt hurt at the time to see Yihi slam dunk on their face, the SX Mini was well received by pretty much everybody that bought one. I know mine was rock solid while i had it, and about the only device i've ever bought (and i've bought one of everything) that i felt could directly challenge Provari's standard in quality.

It's not always about getting too caught up in the marketing hype or feature details man, especially among those like Garemlin that already know what they want/like and are pretty content in keeping it that way. Some of you newer posters touting "Vaporshark's reputation in quality" should also really go back, read some older threads, and give yourself a more thorough history lesson on that track record you preach. I like the new dna200 chip too, but the suggestion that Vaporshark as a company is on par with Provari there is pretty laughable imo.

Watching the latest video, that seems like a pretty terrible design choice by Provari for the battery cover imo. It's almost like they thought to themselves "let's take the one thing people generally hated about the wildly successful SX Mini, and make it worse".

VU Sponsors