Become a Patron!

Post your builds

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I didn't "untwist" it but it looks "great" for me.
0f64605d339ea01d900f66a7f233f382.jpg

a685c8131ae91f3e2560b68b51417691.jpg

ETA: 4wrap on a 3mm driver .30 ohms
sent from a dumb operated smartphone

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a helluva lot better than my first try. Looks quite vapable to me! Let us know how it goes, okay?
So excited I pulled my 22n80 build out to put In the alien. As I wicked and juiced it she jumped down to .29 ohms. Vaping it at 63.5 watts. It's better clouds then my 22build and better flavor then anything I've tried so far.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So uh.. don't laugh to hard but here's enough to make a single coil alien. Even if its ugly as all hell
5150ca6ad3979333d8c5477625c470f5.jpg

8332bd1be98eb286393cc0e085239b4a.jpg

b627382090acb3e13777763cbe264e63.jpg

3x26ga ka1with 34gaka1 alien

As long as you can wrap it and use it no harm or foul, just another attempt at a win! (Thomas Edison said.... "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man... I just dont know... Has anyone else retired their mutation? I cant wait for my twisted messes and aromamizer to get here because im not getting anything i like outta this mu v4

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Still rocking the v3 with all its chipped glory... v4 i stopped using cause it leaks on me and i cant get into the efusion so i prefer toppibg it with shit that doesnt leak... ill use it on a mech though.
78b367365da61f2e811f50a900731ae3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gotta order some wire i want to try alien clapton now, think ill need a few thousand feet in different sizes and probably a day off from work to get shit moving.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still rocking the v3 with all its chipped glory... v4 i stopped using cause it leaks on me and i cant get into the efusion so i prefer toppibg it with shit that doesnt leak... ill use it on a mech though.

I run the 26650 v3 almost daily. At least weekly
98cd58f4b85b10ef9a610b2bc84f73a6.jpg
dropped it one day and it landed on the drip tip so it's got getto lean

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These kinda came out alright... 26k/33k sfc... First time i finished a whole length and didnt wanna cry when i was done
c1da0d05ec966e0e16ca0bbdc2ac0e1b.jpg

Best one
a3602dda1a527abfb96d2888b41f262e.jpg

Whats each one of those ohm in at?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run the 26650 v3 almost daily. At least weekly
98cd58f4b85b10ef9a610b2bc84f73a6.jpg
dropped it one day and it landed on the drip tip so it's got getto lean

Thise 22mm v3 is my daily driver until i can get the cloud cap for my petri sometime this week. The standard cap gives too tight of a draw for my liking.

wr3ckin_it

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've still got mine rockin!
bd0c55ccf7573848fc1c47675b388d1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
0.5 ohms? Why so high?

Don't want to blow myself up

First build was just a test for the velocity... .39 ohms just a dual parallel 28G Kanthal..

About to install a single coil Fused Clapton in it now. You think .5 is too high? It's series... .3 is the low end of things for me... I don't want to ruin batteries for a good vape.

Matt

wr3ckin_it

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't want to blow myself up

First build was just a test for the velocity... .39 ohms just a dual parallel 28G Kanthal..

About to install a single coil Fused Clapton in it now. You think .5 is too high? It's series... .3 is the low end of things for me... I don't want to ruin batteries for a good vape.

Matt
I didn't realize you were running a series mod, that was my bad lol on my mechs and boxes I run nothing higher than 0.25, but I like to stay around 0.10 lol

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For series mods you want a higher ohm because you have twice the voltage of a single cell tube mod. So firing a 0.12ohm at 7.4V = 465W and 61A! but a 0.4ohm at 7.4V = 136W and 18A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im still rockin those multi cored aliens (still havent duplicated yet) but i may swap out with these. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt gonna melt my batteries before i did it.

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Framed staples in the Phenotype-L I received for Christmas.
Specs:
6x 0.5mm KA1 ribbon cores
2x 28g N80 frames
40g N80 fuse

A sneak peek.
97f05961a857ee5ecfe061219835c820.jpg

Some gold in these parts.
197001e9427c906cc2d12dcfb8d6a363.jpg

All tucked in.
edbd6a07323b2343d3af9cde627daa12.jpg

A little drip action.
37dac12ba62724e8e3a99e432b4fe5ba.jpg

And a double rainbow glow.
6559eefb3afd90c867386a91303fd0fa.jpg

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't realize you were running a series mod, that was my bad lol on my mechs and boxes I run nothing higher than 0.25, but I like to stay around 0.10 lol

I figured from your first one you were thinking, "on a Mech mod?"

No worries :)

Well.... Vertical single coil in the velocity, first real build on it. Let me say this... Vertical = WHAT A BITCH!

ohms around .6 just used the IPV to make it glow all pretty, she's firing GREAT on my Noisy Cricket and NO spitback! Wow! It's a 6½ wrap, 28G Kanthal/34G N80 Fused.

It was just slim enough with a 2.3 mm ID to fit between the posts.. Will have to make some bigger duals soon. But I'm by no means trying to get this thing out of there anytime soon. Loving both the mod and the atty. It fires just like a dream. Couldn't get fantastic pictures. Got a migraine coming on, gonna PTFO because I have work in the AM. Thank you Ray, believe it or not I was looking through old threads on here and you posted a picture of a vert like this on your velocity. You're the best!

2877fb30046fded52cd714bf347a250f.jpg

6cb11cc343d9687a1f1d4eb2341ee678.jpg

Matt

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So guys. On a build spree here. How the hell do you keep your flat ribbon stacked flat together? Thanks in advance

wr3ckin_it

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So guys. On a build spree here. How the hell do you keep your flat ribbon stacked flat together? Thanks in advance

Paperclips or masking tape

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So guys. On a build speed here. How the hell do you keep your flat ribbon stacked flat together? Thanks in advance

I use 36 or 40 gauge to hold it together.
Start at one end and get them nice and flat together. And just wrap them together around 8 times.
Then do it again close to the first set of wraps. Now you can slide that down the ribbon while holding pressure and they should all line up.

I also use the swivels to my advantage, so with a 6 core I'll cut the ribbon twice the length of my end desired wire, use 3 pieces and fold that on its self around the swivel and then wrap all that together too. One set of wraps near the swivel and one that you slide to the end that goes in the chuck of the drill.

This picture is 40 to bind.
Edit: At the bottom left you can see where it's splitting to go around the swivel and where the ribbon is bound.

967a8b623a032c680b2085ee9d70392c.jpg

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Paperclips or masking tape

Superglue.... Thats what im going with next time. Effing masking tape keeps coming off and i had a bottle of gorilla glue staring at me the whole time. I figure im gonna trim the ends anyways...

wr3ckin_it

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Start at one end and get them nice and flat together. And just wrap them together around 8 times.
Then do it again close to the first set of wraps. Now you can slide that down the ribbon while holding pressure and they should all line up.

I also use the swivels to my advantage, so with a 6 core I'll cut the ribbon twice the length of my end desired wire, use 3 pieces and fold that on its self around the swivel and then wrap all that together too. One set of wraps near the swivel and one that you slide to the end that goes in the chuck of the drill.

I can never get that to work... it always bunches up, but tape works good for me lol

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Edit: At the bottom left you can see where it's splitting to go around the swivel and where the ribbon is bound.

Thanks man. And holy eff your builds are beautiful.
Thanks for the high quality picture to help my dumb ass better understand your methods lol

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay ribbon guys, most of the staple/ framed staple stuff I see uses .5 ribbon, but I got 30ft of .6 for free. What can I do with it??

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where is a good place to pick up ribbon? Amazon and eBay like all other wire?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gear101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I cannot say enough about Lightning Vapes, I dropped an order in yesterday for some more wire and just one 30ml bottle. I already have shipping codes, not like the ones that printed a label so it looks like it's being shipped, but actually shipped label. They must have a shipping robot in the inventory room or a shipping monkey.....

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dumb question off forum subject. Lol sorry ... I was considering a scale for DIY but don't recall the ranges or my needs . I make ranges of 1000ml on down to 5 ml. Can someone help please

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks ... So I need a scale with a range of .001x 500+g (or more) right? If I am understanding properly.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your making 1000 ml you will need a higher rated scale but it will need to read down to .01 g for the smaller batches. I have one similiar to what Chef linked but 300 ml is the largest batches I make.

edit Mine has a 500 g limit.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
PG weighs about 1.038 grams per ml.
VG weighs about 1.26 grams per ml.
Most flavorings are grouped together to an averahe of1.0 gram per ml.

The scale I posted will weigh to 0.01 grams, or an average of 1/100th of a ml. More than adequate. It also has options (listed on the same page) for 1,000 and 3,000 ml versions.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really only need .01 but .001 would be fine also. Most flavors and bases are going to range from .85 to 1.35 g per ml. I average all my flavors at 1 ml because most are close enough it doesn't make a difference. You only need the .01 if you are doing smaller batches. But it is alot faster and easier to mix by weight than by ml.

Good stuff ohm! I was there just a short time ago... All it takes is a few hundred, or a thousand, feet of wire and you'll be making some nice looking claptons :) at least it took me that long. U might be far better than I! But I'm stuck -- I haven't moved onto aliens yet!

Matt
Thanks man, it has been a process for me too. I often have wired ideas that I go and try and it rarely ever works out lol. I thought about buying stock in wire...100' rolls do not last long

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK thank you so much for all the help. See I have been doing diy for a long time now and struggle with replication of my mikes. Even though I right down exact measurements , tools being the same.( pipettes, drippers, sizes of batches) everything. The flavors change from batch to batch...lol gets frustrating sometimes..

VU Sponsors