Become a Patron!

Post your builds

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, not even gonna try and show scarecrowjenkins up on those beauties. That's some ace craftsmanship.

Instead, I offer a simple dual triple parallel. Wanted something nice and low for my mech in order to make full use of my LG HB6's. It's 28g kanthal - 5 wraps around a 2.5mm bit. Ohms out just a tad below .16.

33otv9e.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep the leads from crossing when tightening. As you can see here, I get lucky 50% of the time.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, not even gonna try and show scarecrowjenkins up on those beauties. That's some ace craftsmanship.

Instead, I offer a simple dual triple parallel. Wanted something nice and low for my mech in order to make full use of my LG HB6's. It's 28g kanthal - 5 wraps around a 2.5mm bit. Ohms out just a tad below .16.

33otv9e.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep the leads from crossing when tightening. As you can see here, I get lucky 50% of the time.
Hold the back side of the leads with needle nose pliers. I just built a dual parallel and had to do the same thing
945b09bdeb2a5ca73070f352a77be7da.jpg

Instagram eats that simple over edited shit alive. Granted that was just a single filter but yeah.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

HYCE42

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
upload_2015-10-26_12-35-36.png

FUSED CLAPTON: 2x28 gauge nichrome core, 36 gauge nichrome wrap. 2.5 mm diameter. 6 wraps. 0.25 ohms Built in a TFV4 dual coil RBA deck. Clouds? Lots.... Flavor?..Like your drinking it baby....

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

33otv9e.jpg

All need to do is to pull and pinch with screwdriver in the coil. Simply put.... Slide in the screwdriver and pinch with pliers. Pull,pinch,pull,pinch. Rock back and forth and repeat till satisfied

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a genesis atomizer, NextGen with stainless steel mesh wick :)

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thought it was a genny but the positive(I believe) is what threw me off. I've never had one lol. I do hear the flavor is hands down the best.

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
ETA: missing words. It's 8 am and I've been drinking all night judge me

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What count mesh do you use I've used 425 but I heard 300 or lower is better

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
I like 300. Takes more time to get it tight, but is more porous & I will you coat the mesh after you torch it. By rolling it gently on cotton just enough it coats it. Wicks much better, less fire hits. Lots of effort, but worth learning. :cool:

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like 300. Takes more time to get it tight, but is more porous & I will you coat the mesh after you torch it. By rolling it gently on cotton just enough it coats it. Wicks much better, less fire hits. Lots of effort, but worth learning. :cool:
I bought some 225 it should be here any day is that too low?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So sorry to derail the thread but any genny tips? Gonna order one to try out lol. Thanks in advance

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What count mesh do you use I've used 425 but I heard 300 or lower is better

I use #200 superfine because i like to vape high VG. This particular build vapes above 85VG like a champ. 50x20mm, then trim after rolling to 18mm so it doesn't short out to the bottom of the tank.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use #200 superfine because i like to vape high VG. This particular build vapes above 85VG like a champ. 50x20mm, then trim after rolling to 18mm so it doesn't short out to the bottom of the tank.
Oh yes I watched a few videos before I attempted a genny build once I did that I tried similar ones like it. I do like those type because I can't always drip so it still hits like an rda but i don't have to keep adding juice every few times. Thank you for your answer I'm still pretty new to building but I love it.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Second try at a fused clapton if that is even what this is still called. I went on auto pilot when I chucked up the wire and twisted it instead of straightening it. .. whoops! So the core is twisted 24 gauge kanthal wrapped in 32 gauge kanthal. Wrapped at 3mm and mounted into my Freak Show. Need to build these into my Velocity because it has much more room than the Freak Show.

Also downloaded an app for some photo effects. First try at that.

50170ae5b556d40a5012b706c87689e6.jpg

8c6bdb9c1e80e77bb59e96a948caba15.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
e5dcac386b5cc12345b6b2108983ef78.jpg

I love this build for the Petri Dotmod the airholes are lined up with the center of the coil it puts out amazing flavor I used 22 gauge kanthal 2.5mm 10wraps. You put the cotton around the coil instead of threw it I've had great luck with this build in my Dotmods

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I love this build for the Petri Dotmod the airholes are lined up with the center of the coil it puts out amazing flavor I used 22 gauge kanthal 2.5mm 10wraps. You put the cotton around the coil instead of threw it I've had great luck with this build in my Dotmods

I never have luck wrapping coils. I get so many dry hits. I have tried many times doing vertical coils in my subtank mini rba but I only get partial hits or have to let it sit between his.

AndyRoundhead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Is there a video for this winking or can you put up a few photos at dif angels

Sent from my Z995 using Tapatalk

AndyRoundhead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Would this be done the same on a velocity?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Would this be done the same on a velocity?

I wouldn't the Dotmod is the only rda that I'm aware of that has the airflow holes like that meaning there's no adjustable airflow and the holes are up higher so everything lines up.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I never have luck wrapping coils. I get so many dry hits. I have tried many times doing vertical coils in my subtank mini rba but I only get partial hits or have to let it sit between his.

What mod are you using? There could be too much cotton.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I personally think rba's are harder to build than rda's

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What mod are you using? There could be too much cotton.

This was when I was using my smok m80. Now I have a cube 2 but haven't tried on this mod yet. Just got it. I haven't tried a wrapped build on my rda's yet but will try it out. I have a velocity mini clone and a freakshow. Velocity much easier to build on but freakshow better setup for vertical coils. Velocity had loads of airflow already plus the way the airflow is setup on it. Really wanted it to work on the sinan l subtank to improve airflow. When I couldn't get that to work... I built a dual micro coil build with a gap in the middle over the air inlet. Made all the difference on that tank. Improved air flow ten fold in it.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know with my IPv4s if I don't set the resistance it will say dry coil and if it does work it will taste like a dry hit try using less cotton

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know with my IPv4s if I don't set the resistance it will say dry coil and if it does work it will taste like a dry hit try using less cotton

Are you running in TC mode? I have yet to buy any stainless for TC since it wasn't great on the m80. Now that I have the cube 2 I will stock up so I can try TC builds too.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you running in TC mode? I have yet to buy any stainless for TC since it wasn't great on the m80. Now that I have the cube 2 I will stock up so I can try TC builds too.

Yes it's pretty much all I use I have the x cube 2 so I stocked up on SS I use 316&430 and I use titanium. Here's a tip try etsy because it's like 1/5th of the price of most places. I love TC it's cool how every flavor pops at different temps

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is what I'm talking about. I have zero clue when it comes to anything other than kanthal and nichrome. I want to use stainless but haven't really seen best place to buy and which stainless is vape specific.

You are giving me more drive to try it out now.

AndyRoundhead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes it's pretty much all I use I have the x cube 2 so I stocked up on SS I use 316&430 and I use titanium. Here's a tip try etsy because it's like 1/5th of the price of most places. I love TC it's cool how every flavor pops at different temps

Did you update your cube x or using it in tc how you got it?

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first whack at vertical coil/wick setup on my Lush.
250d5eddc78e7152b5ab592513309fc5.jpg

497afadcf7c3f1afc64eb0c6286c7f77.jpg

8 wrap, 26awg Kanthol,2.5mm id, wicked after install and used a pair of needle nose tweezers to fluff side to side as I pulled the organic cotton ball wicking through. Went just deep enough where the cotton just touches the bottom of the well. Seems to be more of a flavor build than cloud build. The flavor got noticeably richer and the cloud got a very slight bit thinner. It's a moister vape at the 35 watts I had it set at previously, like peach juice is flowing across my tongue whereas before it took dropping to about 30 watts to get the same peach juice sensation with my Serendipity juice. It's a 50/50 blend with 0 nicotine for testing new builds. I've got some of it in a 70vg/30pg/3mg in the vape mail that perhaps will bring the cloud production up some.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My first whack at vertical coil/wick setup on my Lush.
250d5eddc78e7152b5ab592513309fc5.jpg

497afadcf7c3f1afc64eb0c6286c7f77.jpg

8 wrap, 26awg Kanthol,2.5mm id, wicked after install and used a pair of needle nose tweezers to fluff side to side as I pulled the organic cotton ball wicking through. Went just deep enough where the cotton just touches the bottom of the well. Seems to be more of a flavor build than cloud build. The flavor got noticeably richer and the cloud got a very slight bit thinner. It's a moister vape at the 35 watts I had it set at previously, like peach juice is flowing across my tongue whereas before it took dropping to about 30 watts to get the same peach juice sensation with my Serendipity juice. It's a 50/50 blend with 0 nicotine for testing new builds. I've got some of it in a 70vg/30pg/3mg in the vape mail that perhaps will bring the cloud production up some.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
So after several frustrating attempts at wicking some of the more challenging builds I kind of made a tool to help me with that it's basically a sewing threader on steroids for vaping purposes
bcc7ef3d130c6364c3e2dd413e250cc3.jpg

Also I've kept builds horizontal then flipped them vertical at the very end.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks pretty darn near perfect from here!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
650127bc46d389a207b77291a0dd17f4.jpg

Not bad for my first real attempt at making Clapton wire 24g kanthal wrapped with 30g nichrome

Please go back and look at my first attempt at a fused clapton. Hahaha it is a handful of pages back. It is Halloween after all! It is horrid looking! Worked good though!

I replaced it though work my twisted fused clapton. Works just as well. Don't need as much power to get it going. Better cloud but not add good of flavor add regular fused clapton.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
5e6e9cd5b50d67b314c86035c3cce0bc.jpg
ceb267eb97715a578a9afdb525669929.jpg

I had to put it in the big guns because I had a blonde moment and make the ID too big for an 18650 atty duhhhhhh

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5e6e9cd5b50d67b314c86035c3cce0bc.jpg
ceb267eb97715a578a9afdb525669929.jpg

I had to put it in the big guns because I had a blonde moment and make the ID too big for an 18650 atty duhhhhhh

What ID did you use? That is why I need to get a big dog rda. Something that can handle the big coils. I guess my Velocity does but that thing is set. Plain kame build but great flavor. Just never want to mess that up. So all I have is the freakshow and it is tight cramming 3mm coils into. That is what I have in it now. Only a single though.

VU Sponsors