Become a Patron!

Post your builds

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks a lot man gonna try those things next time. Keep on posting I haven’t seen some of the kinds of coils you’ve been posting. Where do you find nylon pliers besides online? Craft store?
thanks man. my builds are hit or miss, mostly miss lol I have fun though. there's lots of stuff to be learned in this place though, good people here.

yeah, I got mine from amazon, but I've seen them at Walmart, hobby lobby, etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
having one of those days/nights where cant stop screwing up. at least it's an improvement over the last f*ck up.. damn near slid the alien wrap off while cooling, but was able to slide it back on without too much damage.

2*26g outside, 2*28g inside, 36g alien wrap - all N80. 3.0mm ID ~.20ohm
c788c9ecccbb496a9e6c541cbd4216b6.jpg
5aebf08c7182ed6e1bf269f262b228ea.jpg
14c7f273881c35201ef365c30170cbb6.jpg
93a4b7047e7507d9fa9862ec88a54405.jpg

Beautiful alien wrap! I like the choice of core wires too. Something different.:D

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They’re a bit broken in already. Took pictures a bit after tryin em. 2x26g Ni80 para 26

454f01e8acba699f6a5dad1486ad2e57.jpg

Sent from inside a very cloudy room off my iPhone
Really cool staged coils. Do you enjoy the staged heating benefits or is it pretty much the same flavor as if it wasn't staged? Very clean binding too.

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beautiful alien wrap! I like the choice of core wires too. Something different.:D
thanks shred! 24g decore :) this one came out better than the last for sure. yeah, I originally made o e with 26g Ka1 outers, 28g N80 inner, but it didn't vape like I thought on the squonk, so redid it with all N80, it does well..

had a 5*28g all prep'd up, and destroyed the cores before I ever got started lol give that one another go when I get home from work..

as a side note, it appears to me that the math for aliens works out as follows:

3 cores = same gauge decore. for every extra core, go up 2 gauges. (ie 4*28 would be a 26g decore, 5*28 would be a 24g, etc.) is this mostly correct or have I just been lucky?? lol

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
thanks shred! 24g decore :) this one came out better than the last for sure. yeah, I originally made o e with 26g Ka1 outers, 28g N80 inner, but it didn't vape like I thought on the squonk, so redid it with all N80, it does well..

had a 5*28g all prep'd up, and destroyed the cores before I ever got started lol give that one another go when I get home from work..

3 cores = same gauge decore. for every extra core, go up 2 gauges. (ie 4*28 would be a 26g decore, 5*28 would be a 24g, etc.) is this mostly correct or have I just been lucky?? lol

That math will always work yep, I started going down an extra gauge because it makes the swooshes extra swooshy. But they won't hold on to the cores as tight and are more prone to sliding while coiling, so it's a trade off

I ordered short spools of 20 and 21 awg to decore, can't Wait

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

There can be exceptions. The last fralien I made was 26g frames/6ply .5 ribbon/36 off a 26 decore. Often I'll do 5 core aliens with a 22g decore, either 36g or 38g. Like Meg said you can get extra swooshy is you like.:banana:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That math will always work yep, I started going down an extra gauge because it makes the swooshes extra swooshy. But they won't hold on to the cores as tight and are more prone to sliding while coiling, so it's a trade off

I ordered short spools of 20 and 21 awg to decore, can't Wait
I'm thinking that's what happened with my last coil.. I used a 24g decore on it for the swooshiness, but I'm afraid it was a bit too much for the 2*26 and 2*28 cores, probably needed a 25g, 26 wouldve prolly worked.. the wrap slid damn near all the way off, luckily I was able to slide it back on and still get a coil, but the gaps ugh lol almost looks like a spaced-alien :/

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm thinking that's what happened with my last coil.. I used a 24g decore on it for the swooshiness, but I'm afraid it was a bit too much for the 2*26 and 2*28 cores, probably needed a 25g, 26 wouldve prolly worked.. the wrap slid damn near all the way off, luckily I was able to slide it back on and still get a coil, but the gaps ugh lol almost looks like a spaced-alien :/

If you hot glue both ends and hold the glue globs while wrapping, 60% of the time it works every time

I'm gonna make something nice for my new Drop today, maybe a big fat single coil for squonking - the ribbon aliens I made yesterday are actually pretty good on one battery after I took a couple wraps off (for being terrible kanthal and all) :teehee:

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
I recommend putting a few layers of masking tape on some toothless pliers, and replacing the tape every once in a while

The nylon pliers I got suck, the jaws are not flat - I like toothless pliers better
Yeah, I had to file mine flat. They work great now, so it was worth the effort.

Today’s vape: 28g frames, 38g stag/fuse, and ten .5 ribbon cores....hardly fit, such a good vape!

Attachments

• E49A12EF-113F-4101-8A49-805FD97DDD36.jpeg
    E49A12EF-113F-4101-8A49-805FD97DDD36.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 21
  • E04E272C-42DA-476D-AC04-D93A0C87FD29.jpeg
    E04E272C-42DA-476D-AC04-D93A0C87FD29.jpeg
    431.6 KB · Views: 21

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you hot glue both ends and hold the glue globs while wrapping, 60% of the time it works every time

I'm gonna make something nice for my new Drop today, maybe a big fat single coil for squonking - the ribbon aliens I made yesterday are actually pretty good on one battery after I took a couple wraps off (for being terrible kanthal and all) :teehee:
I hot glue the cores of course, but I never though about putting a few drops on each end after doing the alien wrap prior to wrapping the coil. that's a good idea man, thanks! it's that kinda shit that makes me love you guys and this forum lol

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recommend putting a few layers of masking tape on some toothless pliers, and replacing the tape every once in a while

The nylon pliers I got suck, the jaws are not flat - I like toothless pliers better
I bet you got the same ones I did lol

cant see it in photos, but at the top, they're kinda concave.. they're flat towards the bottom though.. tbh, I've used mine enough they're about wore flat but mostly, I only use them while making the stick, after I'm finished I use the flat part of my needle nose to finish everything out
c281d178444e242bd6562cbca6f3b9e2.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I bet you got the same ones I did lol

cant see it in photos, but at the top, they're kinda concave.. they're flat towards the bottom though.. tbh, I've used mine enough they're about wore flat but mostly, I only use them while making the stick, after I'm finished I use the flat part of my needle nose to finish everything out
c281d178444e242bd6562cbca6f3b9e2.jpg

Concave yeah, that's the exact word I was trying to think of lol

I just go crazy with the hot glue man, that and blue painter tape

Screenshot_20180515-150959-540x960.png

This is 30 28 28 30/46, inspired by william again lol

Had to try coil upside down for quick squonks, works awesomely

I meant to make two for 0.18 ohms, but one coil is plenty...brother gave me cbd concentrate for Mother's Day (of all things? Lol)

Super close up and you can see the middle cores are thicker <3 46
Screenshot_20180515-152856.png

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

View attachment 111181

I meant to make two for 0.18 ohms, but one coil is plenty...brother gave me cbd concentrate for Mother's Day (of all things? Lol)

View attachment 111183

Holy crap can see your reflection in that megs!!! Lovely

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just traded a buddy of mine my old Aura rda for this Solo.. and WOW! flavor amazing and when you squonk, juice comes up and over the top, soaking your entire coil too :)

last photo hard to get a good shot of, but you can kinda see how the juice comes out and saturates the coil
d1cab11f28a9e7e77609a224c5712b57.jpg
5db8f525903bf273bd9e7498efca082e.jpg
f74468a1c0d0c23fe9ad1262a6b5f699.jpg

edit: oh, also, that's a 2*26g / 2*28g / 36g alien lol all N80.. that was the failure part of the stick

edit 2: I believe it puts my GR1 to shame :/ except the GR1 has a better deck..

Ohmniscient

Member For 1 Year
Really cool staged coils. Do you enjoy the staged heating benefits or is it pretty much the same flavor as if it wasn't staged? Very clean binding too.

Thanks. I wish the parallel wire was a gauge or two thinner. I always try to cover as much surface area. I definitely enjoy them more than regular fused clappys.

Sent from inside a very cloudy room off my iPhone

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 111181

View attachment 111183
those are absolutely beautiful meg! you'd almost think they'd been polished to a mirror finish at first glance lol

did you say inspired by william? I'm a William lol

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5*28g / 36g all N89

looks pretty good in the first pic, but then.. BAM lol

I swear the damn thing did it on purpose. it'd wrap perfectly for so long and then just before i had enough for a cool, it'd screw up.. did that the entire length of the stick lol

I WILL get a clean 5*28g tonight, if it takes me til work time :/
cf5b7264e3517805367cf515fb1a6c6d.jpg
f84b8744e5be516add8ea2ec49f03e13.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
5*28g / 36g all N89

looks pretty good in the first pic, but then.. BAM lol

I swear the damn thing did it on purpose. it'd wrap perfectly for so long and then just before i had enough for a cool, it'd screw up.. did that the entire length of the stick lol

I WILL get a clean 5*28g tonight, if it takes me til work time :/
cf5b7264e3517805367cf515fb1a6c6d.jpg
f84b8744e5be516add8ea2ec49f03e13.jpg

Try 22g decore and BARELY stretch it so the loops spread apart 2-3mm. Then use a good amount of tension when wrapping it, the waves will be large and it looks great and it makes it soo much easier to do, much like 24g decore for 4x28g.

26156134_2033851920204916_1273533072565862400_n.jpg

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try 22g decore and BARELY stretch it so the loops spread apart 2-3mm. Then use a good amount of tension when wrapping it, the waves will be large and it looks great and it makes it soo much easier to do, much like 24g decore for 4x28g.

26156134_2033851920204916_1273533072565862400_n.jpg
dude, that's a f*cking great looking coil! I'd just given up for the night (hot glue accident lol) but now I gotta dig up some 22g and give it a try.. thanks man.
caec92addc7a5326a35831d5a2e03b55.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dude, that's a f*cking great looking coil! I'd just given up for the night (hot glue accident lol) but now I gotta dig up some 22g and give it a try.. thanks man.

I use a candle to melt the hot glue. Less mess less heat and a lot safer on your skin

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

View attachment 111181

View attachment 111183
That coil is incredible. Seriously does look like you did a mirror polish finish!:eek::eek::eek:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Ouch I know that feeling!!!:gaah:I've had burning fireballs of hot glue drip on my hands. It's an occupational hazard I suppose.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I had to file mine flat. They work great now, so it was worth the effort.

Today’s vape: 28g frames, 38g stag/fuse, and ten .5 ribbon cores....hardly fit, such a good vape!
Wow this build looks great. I always thought the SSFC was a good vape. Was 10ply .5 ribbon hard to coil? I usually go about 6 ply. 10 ply might bring me too low being that I only vape N80.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wow Meg is that an 8 core fused clapton?? Looks super clean. I like nice thick coils like this one and the ones you made me that cover a lot of surface area. Bet its a great vape!:banana: Oh wait I get it it's 8 strands of ribbon. Even better.

It's 8 30awg round cores yep, very slow to half-centimeter at a time along, wanted to use 46 but said noooo way not spending all day making a fused clapton

Made a “William” coil hehe
2x28,2x26, 36 n80 .14 ohms
b0263740ab0a6b2be65e96d7b3ae1599.jpg

Nice!!!

Last edited:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s a nice fast coil, good squonker. I needed the practice with multi core wraps too so this was perfect
yeah I haven't used a non-squonk mod in forever. all my stuff is for single coil squonks.. you did a great job man, looked killer.. my next squonk coil, 5*28g / 38g N80 (or maybe 36g) I have one in my gr1 now, but it has one bad spot on it :/ lol try that build, it hits fast and yummy :)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah I haven't used a non-squonk mod in forever. all my stuff is for single coil squonks.. you did a great job man, looked killer.. my next squonk coil, 5*28g / 38g N80 (or maybe 36g) I have one in my gr1 now, but it has one bad spot on it :/ lol try that build, it hits fast and yummy :)

I've got this 1x30 that hits hard and fast

IMG_20180516_114523_crop_734x604.jpg

The 8x30 is pretty fast too, for kanthal

IMG_20180516_100342-1209x1612.jpg

Trolling sorry, 2 hour drive to court today :grumpy:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got this 1x30 that hits hard and fast

View attachment 111234

The 8x30 is pretty fast too, for kanthal

View attachment 111235

Trolling sorry, 2 hour drive to court today :grumpy:
what mod is that?? looks pretty awesome lol
I'm pretty hung up on my mechs.. pulse and that new venom whatever bu skullkandy designs.. both 20700's

yeah I'm working too, I drive a truck so I can only troll when I'm stopped..

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
what mod is that?? looks pretty awesome lol
I'm pretty hung up on my mechs.. pulse and that new venom whatever bu skullkandy designs.. both 20700's

yeah I'm working too, I drive a truck so I can only troll when I'm stopped..

Lol it's an SXK billet box, it's just for high nicotine/no clouds, some people DL with it but not me

I'm rocking the S Rabbit mech today, brought an extra battery for the long drive

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
Wow this build looks great. I always thought the SSFC was a good vape. Was 10ply .5 ribbon hard to coil? I usually go about 6 ply. 10 ply might bring me too low being that I only vape N80.
I find it easier with more cores to wind it up, that could just be me though. My general rule of thumb is at least use as many cores as the size( 5 for .5, 4 for .4, etc), no clue if that holds any relevance lol. I just find it way easier to avoid any buckling. This one rings in at .124 on my Therion 75c bf. The key for this one was all k1 cores, all SS frames and fuse.

VU Sponsors