Become a Patron!

Post your builds

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rarely on first attempt. Tell that to the boss lady pegleg meg. Master every coil first time just about.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Here look,
IMG_20180405_141925~2.jpg
Master-first-try, my derriere!

I have a special spot for ribbon bits to save them, and if I could see all the wire I've thrown away I might just cry a little bit, but out of sight out of mind :D
IMG_20180405_142147~2.jpg

Last edited:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don’t think anyone answered me the other day when I asked lol

Should I grab the Drop or the TM24Pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don’t think anyone answered me the other day when I asked lol

Should I grab the Drop or the TM24Pro?

I'm looking forward to my incoming Drop...never touched either though so I can't really recommend. I'd almost always pick 2 posts over 4 though, and cheap over boutique

LOL is that human hair in a bag or is the lack of sleep catching up to me?o_O

Mermaid pubes, mostly...

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
welcome to the party @jboss10 beautiful first builds :cheers:

super nice framed staples @Wtmke1 :stars:

nice first alien @chrisakasparky. those gaps will go away as you get a feel for the wrapping process man. great progress :cheers:

@Carambrda whats the specs on that monster? is it vapable or just a 'display build'?

Thanks man.
Made these 2*26g/36g n80 fused Clapton’s just now. These have gotten far easier lol
623867239d53ae8ad9a381ca291cb5fb.jpg

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know these aren’t regarded as the best, but I love the simple style and the purple cell peeking through reminds me of Enderman from Minecraft. It’s my first mech mod and the only mod I’ve been using since I got it. Sold the alien mod and don’t touch my sigelei 75w.
306a839b6072ec04ec436e0395b8bc83.jpg

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my ktx got here today. managed to struggle through a pretty rough looking alien stagg for it
ktx_2.jpg
the deck is pretty easy to work on. i just took the screws out, squished my coils together and dropped them into the posts from above. they stayed still while i put the screws in. i didnt even consider coil position, so im going to tinker with that a bit tomorrow. for now its vaping pretty good. super happy that i got this build done. i tried for an all ribbon one first (lol) and ended up making it into a framed staple after almost wrecking the staple stack trying to get a good first pass of alien. even after switching to round wire, it took two 28 decores to get workable spacing and 3 24 gauge decores to get it the second pass to work at all. no idea what i was doing wrong because it felt like i was doing the same thing every time until it worked. anyone else get theirs yet?

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
my ktx got here today. managed to struggle through a pretty rough looking alien stagg for it
View attachment 108111
the deck is pretty easy to work on. i just took the screws out, squished my coils together and dropped them into the posts from above. they stayed still while i put the screws in. i didnt even consider coil position, so im going to tinker with that a bit tomorrow. for now its vaping pretty good. super happy that i got this build done. i tried for an all ribbon one first (lol) and ended up making it into a framed staple after almost wrecking the staple stack trying to get a good first pass of alien. even after switching to round wire, it took two 28 decores to get workable spacing and 3 24 gauge decores to get it the second pass to work at all. no idea what i was doing wrong because it felt like i was doing the same thing every time until it worked. anyone else get theirs yet?
Great job dude! Alien stagg is my next must do build in my checklist. if i how to try it 100+ times i will do it :D In my opinion best looking coils is alien stagg variations period. I haven't tried it yet but i think i'm going to try it this weekend :)

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great job dude! Alien stagg is my next must do build in my checklist. if i how to try it 100+ times i will do it :D In my opinion best looking coils is alien stagg variations period. I haven't tried it yet but i think i'm going to try it this weekend :)
its the toughest build i have ever tried. i have failed it 4 or 5 times completely, completed two 'bad' ones, one great one, and this one. still have no idea what im doing wrong/right.

@mach1ne I can't find tutorial on it can you link one please :D?
as far as i know this is the only one. i dont think too many people can even do it. its not that complex, you just make a regular 3 core alien with spaced wraps, frame it with the same gauge as the original cores and alien it again. hard part is spacing and fusing (for me at least) :cheers:

The_hat_trix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
its the toughest build i have ever tried. i have failed it 4 or 5 times completely, completed two 'bad' ones, one great one, and this one. still have no idea what im doing wrong/right.

as far as i know this is the only one. i dont think too many people can even do it. its not that complex, you just make a regular 3 core alien with spaced wraps, frame it with the same gauge as the original cores and alien it again. hard part is spacing and fusing (for me at least) :cheers:
Thank you dude yeah i love challange i will try it for long as needed to make it perfect i think there is a luck factor to it to:)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 108111
You nailed it man! That looks awesome. It's so consistent there's no gaps I might never know how you space that well by hand. Unbelievable!!:eek:
Do you like the new RDA?

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy...Dual 7 wrap 38g over 3x26g Nichrome 80 basic Aliens. Mounted in my Augvape Merlin RDTA (Rose Gold). .15 ohms. Driving it with my SX Mini G Class Luxury Black Golden Edition mod @ 105 watts. Whoooweee!
ecfa79f2223e61ed122198056c21fb55.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ Dumbphone using Tapatalk
Really nice color. That's a very deep blue. Nice build!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
5x28/38
IMG_20180406_111510~2.jpg
IMG_20180406_112411~2.jpg IMG_20180406_111447~2.jpg

I burned my eyebrow while trying to install this

Also yeah, I put a tank on a squonker lmao, it's a 0.2 ohm single coil so it works well on this unregulated/80w max squonk box

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wow nice work captain @Pegleg Meg :cheers:

Do you like the new RDA?
yeah so far its great. i think my coil placement could be better, but its a pretty great atomizer imo.
Were you laughing at my squiggly alien stagger or my pain?
i laughed pretty hard at the exchange between you and chef. good thing the coil didnt take out your good eye. its hard to run a tight ship with two eye patches on :cool:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
wow nice work captain @Pegleg Meg :cheers:

yeah so far its great. i think my coil placement could be better, but its a pretty great atomizer imo.

i laughed pretty hard at the exchange between you and chef. good thing the coil didnt take out your good eye. its hard to run a tight ship with two eye patches on :cool:

Pretty much how functional I am anyway
tumblr_l73v7hzFaK1qaqps8o1_500.png

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My first attempt at a Fralien. 2x26g/4x.4/36g. Frames and ribbon Kanthal, wrap SS316.

upload_2018-4-6_18-17-41.png

But will it Entheon???

upload_2018-4-6_18-18-14.png upload_2018-4-6_18-18-46.png

Sure will!

First time working with ribbon wire, what an initial pain in the ass! My 3 attempts at a staple staggered fused clapton today failed :( Oh well, time to waste some more wire tomorrow!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My first attempt at a Fralien. 2x26g/4x.4/36g. Frames and ribbon Kanthal, wrap SS316.

View attachment 108149

But will it Entheon???

View attachment 108150 View attachment 108151

Sure will!

First time working with ribbon wire, what an initial pain in the ass! My 3 attempts at a staple staggered fused clapton today failed :( Oh well, time to waste some more wire tomorrow!

Yep looks like it Entheons lol! Awesome job dude! I like close wraps on aliens aesthetically

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if my wraps are too tight / close together? Figured it wouldn't make too much of a difference..
Looks great to me dude. But I can't do aliens yet. Just got framed staples down sort of yesterday. I'll get around to aliens but figure when my patinos alien makers come in I'll work on 3 or 4 core fused claptons first.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Looks great to me dude. But I can't do aliens yet. Just got framed staples down sort of yesterday. I'll get around to aliens but figure when my patinos alien makers come in I'll work on 3 or 4 core fused claptons first.

Believe it or not alien wrapping with ribbon and frames is easier than standard 3 round cores. I couldn't alien until I got my Patinos, they made all the difference!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Believe it or not alien wrapping with ribbon and frames is easier than standard 3 round cores. I couldn't alien until I got my Patinos, they made all the difference!
Then I'll probably give it a shot sooner than I think. Thanks for that tidbit. I feel like if I start small and work into it, it would be better. But may be better to dive in and see where I'm going to mess up.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Then I'll probably give it a shot sooner than I think. Thanks for that tidbit. I feel like if I start small and work into it, it would be better. But may be better to dive in and see where I'm going to mess up.

I had plenty of tantrums when I started doing aliens, TRUST ME. Lots of yelling in my basement, concerned wifey, until I figured it out. Now I'm doing the same with this other coil!

But the Patinos really made a difference. I could focus more on the tension and feel of the wrap in my hand. Also what I recommend as a tip I saw on here, is to make a smaller decore, stretch it appropriately, and throw it over your shoulder so it doesn't get hung up on shit. That's the biggest pain is when it gets snagged and it gets stretched even more.

You'll get there!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had plenty of tantrums when I started doing aliens, TRUST ME. Lots of yelling in my basement, concerned wifey, until I figured it out. Now I'm doing the same with this other coil!

But the Patinos really made a difference. I could focus more on the tension and feel of the wrap in my hand. Also what I recommend as a tip I saw on here, is to make a smaller decore, stretch it appropriately, and throw it over your shoulder so it doesn't get hung up on shit. That's the biggest pain is when it gets snagged and it gets stretched even more.

You'll get there!
I didn't even try aliens again for like more than half a year until finally, I figured out that focusing on the tension is dead wrong, and so is trying to use any kind of sliders. Instead of trying to focus on the tension, you should focus on having pretty much no tension at all... like sand slipping through your fingers, as well as try focusing on throwing the sliders as far away from you as you can throw them one by one─and start off by buying a faster drill first (yuppers... grab a 2000rpm one at the very minimum, and let 'er rip like she ain't ripped ever before).

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
LOL! I had no idea what "patinos" was! A jig for Aliens! I knew they had one for claptons, but i never bothered since i never had much trouble with claptons or fused claptons. But aliens, it was a serious learning curve!! Many lonely knights wondering what i was doing wrong!! lol. Had i known they had a jig for it, i would have made the investment! lol. I simply wrap them by using the swivel and drill method. It took me a while to find my own way of doing it, but now i no longer bother with fused claptons. Aliens coils is a different world in flavor. I don't use any sliders, i just simply tie my 3 wires with some smaller gauge wire and make a little ball at the tip, flatten the ball with pliers to get the wires lined up, stick the ball in the drill and start wrapping. I never tie my ends. I just line them up and fold them over the swivel. I find that what keeps the wires in place is the actual clapton wrap as it moves along. I tried the method that just uses a drill and two fingers to hold the wrap, but this method was giving me too many bad spots. My respects to Squidoode that uses this method seamlessly, but it just didn't work for me.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
FINALLY! Not really worth the effort but glad I finally figured it out:

2x28(Ni80)/6x.4(Ka)/36(Ni80) - .12 Dual / 3mm

upload_2018-4-7_14-52-22.png

Not the cleanest wrap job but it suffices:

upload_2018-4-7_14-52-56.png

Works in the Reload RDA!

upload_2018-4-7_14-53-29.png

Takes WAAAY too much time to seem worth it IMO. But wicks like a SOB!

VU Sponsors