Become a Patron!

Post your builds

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I figured I'd try a variation of that staggered alien scarecrow posted...26n80 staggered 36n80 core, 24n80 frame, 36n80 alien. 4mm id. .23ohms. Mounted in the aeronaut.
6b3f92f83da5b53344c03a546c87bde3.jpg

9b6476651b7535209a512828679738b1.jpg
80e9b4cf9b639b0c14c23e85f106d72e.jpg
e0c97cc368a1d978d50f082fae18aa92.jpg
9d51a4490fcb093240213a1382057533.jpg

I'm thinking I'm going stage it to up the watts. Great flavor and warm enough I suppose but I'm thinking some 26n80 should do the trick...

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That'll work. I use a jeweler's hammer and a polished steel jeweler's block.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just made a new build for the VCMT...just trying to get around .2 for the Cuboid...Its funny that the Griffin holds bigger coils then the 25mm tank it competes with, most think it holds bigger coils but it does not. I can fit 4.5mm ID coils in the Griffin, I had to shrink the Claptons I made for the VCMT to 3mm for them to fit without hitting the cap. I got it built up and nice.

22K-A1/30K-D Claptons (6 Wraps/3mm ID) in Dripper Mode:
20160207_173601.jpg 20160207_173616.jpg 20160207_173708.jpg 20160207_173722.jpg

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Congratulations at taking a place at all. There are some builds I can put together pretty damn fast but a center staggered core alien in 20 min? Fuck outta here. More practice is required. You are talented my friend..by the way...how is that alien variation performing? I would imagine it would have the same wicking and venting attributes as so many staggered variations, but with a twist...badum chee. How's the flavor?

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-
Thanks!! The time limit was crazy, but it was extra crazy with all the noise and photographers everywhere lol. The staggered core alien vapes really well. They hit hard and fast, but not really that hot. Flavor has that "edge" that you get from staggered builds, but it retains the depth you get from the surface area on alien wire. If that makes any sense haha

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I figured I'd try a variation of that staggered alien scarecrow posted...26n80 staggered 36n80 core, 24n80 frame, 36n80 alien. 4mm id. .23ohms. Mounted in the aeronaut.
6b3f92f83da5b53344c03a546c87bde3.jpg

9b6476651b7535209a512828679738b1.jpg
80e9b4cf9b639b0c14c23e85f106d72e.jpg
e0c97cc368a1d978d50f082fae18aa92.jpg
9d51a4490fcb093240213a1382057533.jpg

I'm thinking I'm going stage it to up the watts. Great flavor and warm enough I suppose but I'm thinking some 26n80 should do the trick...

Very nice!!!

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!! The time limit was crazy, but it was extra crazy with all the noise and photographers everywhere lol. The staggered core alien vapes really well. They hit hard and fast, but not really that hot. Flavor has that "edge" that you get from staggered builds, but it retains the depth you get from the surface area on alien wire. If that makes any sense haha

Yeah I would imagine flashing lights when dealing with hair thin wire would be distracting. I put mine together in about 35min with a 5 and 6 year old running around if that's any consolation. The flavor is great but with resistance being .23 at a 4mm I.d. it's a little too cool for my taste. The ramp time is short considering the size of the sucker but I'm gonna take it out and stage it with some 26n80 to warm the vape up a bit.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Make sure you tell us how that keylime pie is!

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
ETA: OOPS wrong thread lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Make sure you tell us how that keylime pie is!

ETA: OOPS wrong thread lol
Just dabbing and tasting it, its pretty fucking good and I dont even like Lime :D

I cant wait until they release the other 9-10 flavors and hopefully they will approve my recipe I gave "B", he seemed pretty excited when I sent it to him and I hope he gives it a try.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just dabbing and tasting it, its pretty fucking good and I dont even like Lime :D

I cant wait until they release the other 9-10 flavors and hopefully they will approve my recipe I gave "B", he seemed pretty excited when I sent it to him and I hope he gives it a try.
Best of luck with the flavor being marketed! When the new flavors are released I'll probably try the keylime pie and order a 240 of strawberry lemonade

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Best of luck with the flavor being marketed! When the new flavors are released I'll probably try the keylime pie and order a 240 of strawberry lemonade

Im not asking for any money, just want others to try it out as its one of my favorites...But I do hope it goes well! Its a fruity pebbles sprinkled donut, its pretty damn good and very creamy.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im not asking for any money, just want others to try it out as its one of my favorites...But I do hope it goes well! Its a fruity pebbles sprinkled donut, its pretty damn good and very creamy.
If they don't market it i would love to give it a shot if you wouldn't mind sharing it lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If they don't market it i would love to give it a shot if you wouldn't mind sharing it lol

Have at it, let me know what you think of it!
3.5% Frosted Donut (TPA)
1.5% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
3.5% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
2% Vienna Cream (FA)
3% Cheesecake Graham Crust (TPA)
3.5% Strawberry Ripe (TPA)
3.5% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have at it, let me know what you think of it!
3.5% Frosted Donut (TPA)
1.5% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
3.5% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
2% Vienna Cream (FA)
3% Cheesecake Graham Crust (TPA)
3.5% Strawberry Ripe (TPA)
3.5% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
flavor order is needed. Makes 3 recipes I need flavors for but that looks really really yummy! Thank you for sharing

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
flavor order is needed. Makes 3 recipes I need flavors for but that looks really really yummy! Thank you for sharing

Yea its not a light weight recipe but when its mixed up you can taste the layers of the juice, its distinct fruity pebbles cereal and milk and then a small bite of glazed donut for a great while...After vaping it for a good bit the fruity pebbles kinda shys away and then the donut becomes more pronounced. Its great for people that seem to loose interest in a single flavor like I do and its one Ive used for a good while and I havent got sick of it yet like I do most juices.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
! Keylime pie! I hope it's good and is available soon, that'd be perfect.

image.jpeg
ebay link removed by staff Selling on eBay these babies are built for cloud chasing and flavor lovers Heats up fast and lacks a punch let me know what you think everyone who gets em loves emimage.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 40713 View attachment 40714
View attachment 40713 26ga Kanthal with 32ga NiCh wrap. Heats up fast and packs a punch. Get some on eBay awesome for cloud chasing and flavor lovers
View attachment 40714
I'm sure we all appreciate your enthusiasm but i feel it's appropiate saying that this is the incorrect thread to "advertise" your product. This thread is for build enthusiasts to share, learn and teach others our builds and techniques. You're more than welcome to share your builds and critiques on performance. We all like claptons here but, suffice to say, we're all, for the most part, more inclined to build our own coils.
Sorry for my rant, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea I dont understand what your trying to do here...most of us have built much more then just claptons and have grown much further by being inspired and trying new builds...I dont know if I would even buy coils besides from Scarecrow and Chef...Those are about the only 2 I consider "money worthy"...Yes yes... EndDetour, Schmucko, Oggy, BrattVapes, Itsnotmeitsyou, and others are also great builders also...but they aint getting my damn money :p

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I dont understand what your trying to do here...most of us have built much more then just claptons and have grown much further by being inspired and trying new builds...I dont know if I would even buy coils besides from Scarecrow and Chef...Those are about the only 2 I consider "money worthy"...Yes yes... EndDetour, Schmucko, Oggy, BrattVapes, Itsnotmeitsyou, and others are also great builders also...but they aint getting my damn money
Awww...

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea I dont understand what your trying to do here...most of us have built much more then just claptons and have grown much further by being inspired and trying new builds...I dont know if I would even buy coils besides from Scarecrow and Chef...Those are about the only 2 I consider "money worthy"...Yes yes... EndDetour, Schmucko, Oggy, BrattVapes, Itsnotmeitsyou, and others are also great builders also...but they aint getting my damn money
I feel the love I'm decent on good days but have more bad then good

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Have more bad fingers then good ones also, them damn wires can hurt! :(;)
Tried to explain that to a friend that wants me to build a bunch for him does free. Eff all that. And anything I sell has to be perfect so eff all that to

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tried to explain that to a friend that wants me to build a bunch for him does free. Eff all that. And anything I sell has to be perfect so eff all that to

I know how that feels, most of the coils I have sent out look better then the ones I use myself....lot of patience and effort to make sure its done right the first time!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think my average clapton coil takes 10-20mins at this point (always fused now), but if I had a friend ask for some they'd be dealing with the same "ehh i screwed up the spacing, whatever" coils I use :D. I wanted to try 22g today and was able to throw together a 2X22g/40g in about 15 mins, although again some parts weren't so perfect (little hops in spacing). I don't use a swivel or anything fancy like that. Just drilled a screw into my desk, throw the spool of high gauge claptoning wire on that, toss it all in the drill and start at it. I did stop clipping the nail on one thumb too much, seems to help

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is my first run at a fused tonight. I got them down soild at full speed using 24/32. Can't wait for the tax check so I can order 36-40 ga and start using that thin shit. Never used 40 but I loved 36 when my hands would cooperate with me. Anyways.
1b60fef440f6091d2bf3522db1ad66d4.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think my average clapton coil takes 10-20mins at this point (always fused now), but if I had a friend ask for some they'd be dealing with the same "ehh i screwed up the spacing, whatever" coils I use :D. I wanted to try 22g today and was able to throw together a 2X22g/40g in about 15 mins, although again some parts weren't so perfect (little hops in spacing). I don't use a swivel or anything fancy like that. Just drilled a screw into my desk, throw the spool of high gauge claptoning wire on that, toss it all in the drill and start at it. I did stop clipping the nail on one thumb too much, seems to help
The day you up to swivels is the day your wraps will be much more even and the wires almost make themselves...Its really the best upgrade Ive seen so far besides my 5k rpm drill

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The day you up to swivels is the day your wraps will be much more even and the wires almost make themselves...Its really the best upgrade Ive seen so far besides my 5k rpm drill
I can't use swivels at all. I always overlap or overspace. But "freehand" I can usually do with no real problems besides the very first bit I overlap a touch.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know, I know, but honestly I don't have the space to do it, and I still feel bad using a drill. I'm one of those suckers that if I had one I'd use a hand crank drill to bore holes, and I'll use a screwdriver over a drill if I can. I like technology, I use technology, but if I can avoid it and get the job done, I find the satisfaction all that much sweeter.

I've made some perfect fused claptons, I'm getting better every time, it's just not a certainty in the slightest and a little jump here and there doesn't seem to be the end of the world, but also why I want to try some of yours or chef's. But, that'll wait till I'm done playing around and find what I like best that I can make myself then compare that to what ya'll do.

Funny thing is my claptons actually come out better at full speed, so I jump that thing up as soon as possible, then just squeeze my fingers and relax my forearm and let it go. I'm at the point that for a single coil (what I use mostly) it takes me about as long to straiten the sucker (undoing the twists of the fused clapton) as it does to clapton the thing.

Drilling that screw into my desk was a nice change though, straitening out a length of 40g and using it was a pain (tie to the doorknob and go across the room and pull till it breaks, then hope it doesn't kink as I use it, arg).

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lot of patience and effort to make sure its done right the first time!
That's what can be frustrating. If it's not PERFECT, then at least it's vapable. But not saleable... I'm growing a collection of good but not great coils because I can't/won't sell the ones that are "almost good enough". They have to be perfect, or they're not getting sold. I may have to do a PIF or a simple monthly contest for my "Almost good enough" pile. I already change coils like a girl changes clothes, so I'll never use any of these. :D:eek:

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sooo... Just to shift gears here...
26g k frames
5(0.5x0.1k) core
38g k clapton
6 wraps on 2.3 id came out to .24ohms.
3798501c5b3463118a8e6c629741f757.jpg
d435061eec26500c464a8e7955e88ddd.jpg
glow shot was taken a good 15 sec. after pulsing

destroyed my poor little pic posted

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
5k rpm drill
I'm still using my 1200RPM cordless from Harbor Freight. But the tax man said it's okay to go out and get a shiny new corded drill. With balls. :D

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is my first run at a fused tonight. I got them down soild at full speed using 24/32. Can't wait for the tax check so I can order 36-40 ga and start using that thin shit. Never used 40 but I loved 36 when my hands would cooperate with me. Anyways.
1b60fef440f6091d2bf3522db1ad66d4.jpg

Yours look good too bro! And you didnt waste as much time as i did building those

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's what can be frustrating. If it's not PERFECT, then at least it's vapable. But not saleable... I'm growing a collection of good but not great coils because I can't/won't sell the ones that are "almost good enough". They have to be perfect, or they're not getting sold. I may have to do a PIF or a simple monthly contest for my "Almost good enough" pile. I already change coils like a girl changes clothes, so I'll never use any of these. :D:eek:
Ill take the crap coils and dispose of them into my rda's properly....
dont worry its just another form of recycling :D

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Screw that, add a "trash bin" product to your website, shipping plus a few bucks, whatever you feel like, people get what they get. If I was ordering some custom perfect coils and saw I could grab a half dozen rejects that would still work for an extra $5, yeah I'd be down, might find a solid fancy coil that just had a kink where it shouldn't have. Sounds like a steal to me. There's nothing wrong with selling imperfect things as long as no one is being tricked into thinking they're getting something they're not.

Could even do it like Woot.com's "Bag of Crap" once you got a healthy collection of them you post it till they're gone. That website sells discounted stuff and once in a while they sell leftover stock they can't actually put a sale up for. I know one guy got a 72'' flatscreen TV, another guy got a pallet of He-man Action figures :D both cost $10 or whatever (don't remember) that the standard "bag of crap" costs.

VU Sponsors