scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
b750f92e9c8c984871cf9996567a8c14.jpg

bfceb9b7bb983d872805aa30049a0744.jpg

fb0dedfe2dceeb32398af8ce22d36749.jpg

c644d66560f5425487b56cb7160a1c66.jpg

28/36/38 Dual core stitched aliens w/ 26KA1 in parallel. This build certainly renewed my hatred for 36g Aliens. That being said, i wanted to build something in my original dotmod to run on a single 18650 mech, so i gave these a whirl. They came in at .15Ω. They perform quite well, almost identically to staggered fused claptons. For some reason 36g just likes to fight me on every level. As soon as i go up to 38 the aliens just build themselves for me, so i had a heck of a time with these. This was only my second time trying the stitched aliens, and my first try with the dual core variation, not sure if i'll attempt this exact build again, perhaps as a series build at some point. Great vape though. Cheers!

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Stitched and framed alien staple coil. I can't remember if I posted this before or not, so I'll put it here. :D
6 ply 0.5 KA1 ribbon, 2x26N80 frames, 36N80 Alien binding, 38N80 stitch, 0.13ΩCoil.jpg
Installed.jpg
Wicked.jpg
Wire.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's the 2 wires encasing the ribbon wires.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, I ain't no spring chicken...! :(:oops::eek:

Sorry, dude - yes, they're 26 gauge. Got to edit that right now.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, I ain't no spring chicken...! :(:oops::eek:

Sorry, dude - yes, they're 26 gauge. Got to edit that right now.
No prob... I tried some 5x.5 core twisted 26 frame 33 helix earlier but it came out horrible. Think im gonna make some of those later, i like doing aliens it helps keep me the right amount of crazy

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
See? I still like the 2 core as well. Besides being less of a pain to build, functionally, its just a prettier version of a standard fused clapton. Try a 2 core stitched, i love how you can go full bore wrapping them and barely have to watch it wrap

I was actually building the dual core stitched when you were writing this haha

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Twisted 22 ga single coil 3mm .31Ohm I wanted something that would give better battery life then my go-to fused claptons
9ea5d787bf94980921bc6212436eff82.jpg

31a2b260d9e3afb5406f98fc7df61e08.jpg

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
I also did a Single Coil last night! Same shit Ive been doing all week..
2 x 22K/32N80 Polished Cat Track, Staged with Polished 22K (4/3 Wraps/4mm ID .19 Ohms @ 115w)
20160205_112409.jpg20160205_112444.jpg 20160205_112433.jpg 20160205_112532.jpg

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How hard is cattrack wire to make? I haven't seen anything about it other then what's been posted here but I haven't looked either lol

Its a fused clapton, thats hammered and then scrubbed clean and rinsed. It does not sound like alot of work but it is....

How my routine goes for them.
I crank out a 2ft length of 2x22/30g-32g Fused Clapton. I grab my Hammer and My Wrench I flatten wire with and Hammer every peice of the wire length both sides and check over the wire to make sure its all hammered and flattened evenly. I give it a rinse and then I start the polishing treatment with 2000 grit and then 3000 grit. After the polishing is done I use a toothbrush to scrub them with Dawn soap and rinse them again. Then I wrap a coil or 2....

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a fused clapton, thats hammered and then scrubbed clean and rinsed. It does not sound like alot of work but it is....

How my routine goes for them.
I crank out a 2ft length of 2x22/30g-32g Fused Clapton. I grab my Hammer and My Wrench I flatten wire with and Hammer every peice of the wire length both sides and check over the wire to make sure its all hammered and flattened evenly. I give it a rinse and then I start the polishing treatment with 2000 grit and then 3000 grit. After the polishing is done I use a toothbrush to scrub them with Dawn soap and rinse them again. Then I wrap a coil or 2....
I know hammering out wire sucks bigones. Thanks for the info on them lol

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer to make the multi-strand Caterpillar tracks like in the TM video above. The juice flow is much better
Ahh fuck you man lmao. Now I gotta harder process to do!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's worth it, trust me. There's a huge difference in both flavor and vapor production than the FC version. Plus, the tracks are much more even, and you can make them as wide as you want.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's worth it, trust me. There's a huge difference in both flavor and vapor production than the FC version. Plus, the tracks are much more even, and you can make them as wide as you want.
I didnt have enough thinner wire for multicore....I only have about a 1ft left of 22K and gauges higher then 36g.....Monday Ill have all the wires Im missing in. I wanted to try a 5-8 Core with 32 and 24 for the outer wrap....I want to not be able to see the inner cores and have the outer wire be more flattened across. Like TM's in this pic:
KH3CuEB.jpg

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didnt have enough thinner wire for multicore....I only have about a 1ft left of 22K and gauges higher then 36g.....Monday Ill have all the wires Im missing in. I wanted to try a 5-8 Core with 32 and 24 for the outer wrap....I want to not be able to see the inner cores and have the outer wire be more flattened across. Like TM's in this pic:
KH3CuEB.jpg
That dudes an artist though lol i don't see how some of these builders get and keep such clean builds

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cat Track and then Polishing Tuts, thanks @KapitalJ

Its about 1.5 hours worth of work for 2 coils...and thats if you dont smash your fingers to the point they dont function :D
only 45 mins if you watch at 2X speed! sounds silly but really you get used to it quick and saves a ton of time (it's how I watch any guide, I'll slow down if it's an issue for a certain part then speed up again).

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
only 45 mins if you watch at 2X speed! sounds silly but really you get used to it quick and saves a ton of time (it's how I watch any guide, I'll slow down if it's an issue for a certain part then speed up again).
Thats just the time watching the video, I meant actually building the coils and polishing them takes 1.5 hours for 2 coils...you only get to go as fast as you can without messing up..

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This pic is nowhere near as nice as the ones made by Ken, by they're still a pretty good vape. I have to make some framed Caterpillar track wire for a customer (he wants to make his own coils) later on today. It's gonna be a whopper at 30x34K cores, 2x22K frames and 34K binding. About 18 inches long.

DSC_0393 1.JPG

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats just the time watching the video, I meant actually building the coils and polishing them takes 1.5 hours for 2 coils...you only get to go as fast as you can without messing up..
Ahh, my bad. Misread that. Either way, it's a nice way to watch guides.

KapitalJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This pic is nowhere near as nice as the ones made by Ken, by they're still a pretty good vape. I have to make some framed Caterpillar track wire for a customer (he want to make his own coils) later on today. It's gonna be a whopper at 30x34K cores, 2x22K frames and 34K binding. About 18 inches long.

View attachment 40415

Looks fuggin sweet to me! nice job man! :D

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Made a decent build for my new atty.
20160205_210645.jpg
26/30 fused clapton wraped in 28.
Defintly a high powered build. I originally made the same build in n90 fogwire core 32 wrap. But its resistance was .03...... aparently when they say low resistance they mean it. Then i went to recreate it all in kanthal but ran out of 32 halfway down the wire so i had to switch to 30. I need more wire.....

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The issue was that i only got enough to cover the penny lol
Ah. But that's a heluva start! Havent been feeling the build bug lately just building basic claptons to send out to friends (very relaxing) might add this to the try pile

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got some three core aliens built. Decided, "let's put them in the velocity vertically"

They didn't work. I'd put that into more words but the adult beverages are on board...

settled for FCs. Oh well.

4389f754c994d732ab94f10f882ef8e1.jpg

8d34e5937659610e64d0d55cf9b00378.jpg

e508a4e32d7db399aec10266239b8fa9.jpg

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to make some braided aliens like that chief. Maybe I'll try tonight.

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to see some 54g Alien Framed Staples...That person I would bow to.
Oh, sure, let me get right on it for ya Ray! :D I wish I could build even a FC with 50!!!! You could do it Ray! 54g isn't anything to you!

Matt

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh, sure, let me get right on it for ya Ray! :D I wish I could build even a FC with 50!!!! You could do it Ray! 54g isn't anything to you!

Matt
Ive done it a couple times and its such a pain in the ass I really havent even bothered with it since..I play alot with the higher 40's like 46/48 but 50/52/54 Isnt really all that jazz like I once thought of about it...Wrapping the FC's with it was more difficult then any other Fused and some Staple builds Ive done but I couldnt imagine the pain in the ass it would be to decore and stretch it without breaking it and then wrap some aliens with it...FUCK THAT SHIT!
I did a Framed Fused Claptn with 54g though..
Core FC: 2x26K/54N60, Framed in 22K, Wrapped in 46N60
2x26K 54N60, Framed with 22K, Wrapped in 46N60 .jpg2x26K 54N60, Framed with 22K, Wrapped in 46N60.jpg

Can you even pick out the details in the Core Fused Clapton Outer Wrap?? :D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My god it looks almost solid.... God damn!!!!

Matt
Well thats how my shoulder, arms and back felt after I finally got about a foot of wire made for that core fused clapton...you think 38g-44g takes a long time to fused with? Multiply that by exponential amounts of time....per inch!

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Ray...when using 3 cores for aliens how do you keep the alien wrap from creating that sort of "triangle" wrap around the cores?

Matt

VU Sponsors