Become a Patron!

Pet Pics: Cats - Share your cats & other pet pics here!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Too hot today, it's just past 1PM and about 90F out, Supposed to get to near 100F. Ugh.

Fire and Heat Alerts are active for the region:
ALERT 1 - Heat Advisory

A HEAT ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8:00PM PDT WEDNESDAY, JULY 16
Event Start: In Progress
Event End: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:00 PM PDT

ALERT 2 - Fire Weather Watch

A FIRE WEATHER WATCH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11:00PM PDT THURSDAY, JULY 17
Event Start: Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:00 PM PDT
Event End: Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:00 PM PDT

H0kwOpml.jpg

Tiki's lying in the path of a fan, like a smart kitty. Trying to encourage her to drink water too.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She looks like I feel....
soleil.gif

I had to take one of the side panels off of my computer, as even with multiple 120mm case fans, an OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W PSU and a LOKI HSF, it was getting near 50C just browsing. Dafuk? o_O

Have a 4" "Turbo Fan" aimed at it's innards now. Problem solved. ;-)

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been feeding a stray calico (sp?) Hope my dogs don't find out :X I'll try to snap a pic but she is elusive

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a few photos from several years ago when I was with my ex-husband we had rescued a purebred 10 year old female Siberian Husky who was an outdoor dog for the entire duration of her life, brought her home and my fat cat that looks like @CaFF 's Tiki, promptly went over to the dog, pushed the dog (who outweighed him by almost 100lbs) over, and proceded to spend an hour and a half bathing her belly which was furless because the previous owners kept her in a dirt enclosure with no padding or protective sleeping are, so her fur had worn completely off. Biggie spent most of his time bathing her bald spots and after a few weeks she started re-growing her fur, even after the vet had said "its probably permanent."

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a few photos from several years ago when I was with my ex-husband we had rescued a purebred 10 year old female Siberian Husky who was an outdoor dog for the entire duration of her life, brought her home and my fat cat that looks like @CaFF 's Tiki, promptly went over to the dog, pushed the dog (who outweighed him by almost 100lbs) over, and proceded to spend an hour and a half bathing her belly which was furless because the previous owners kept her in a dirt enclosure with no padding or protective sleeping are, so her fur had worn completely off. Biggie spent most of his time bathing her bald spots and after a few weeks she started re-growing her fur, even after the vet had said "its probably permanent."

IDK, most of the studies show that they can introduce more bacterial than it might eliminate...but others still believe it.

Studies are for whomever paid for them, after all. ;-)

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll be taking one of our kittens, Nimbus, to the airport later today, he's going to meet his new furever dad, and fly from Indy to SW Kansas on a direct charter flight. I'm gonna miss the little furball, but he's going to a furever home so I'm happy that one of our rescues finally got adopted! As soon as youtube cooperates I'll post a video of him dreaming :)

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Countrypami your Mindy looks like our Dawnie, Nermal and her mom Fuzzbucket the feral.

We dropped Nimbus off to his new dad at the private terminal at 4:30pm eastern, and they should be home soonish. First half of the drive was stressful then he calmed down the rest of the way after a trek into Petsmart. Go figure.

And never to pass up an opportunity we stopped at a vape shop on our way home, my first visit to one not owned by friends. Picked up 3 bottles of juice which is the most I think I've spent on juice yet.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of the menagerie I grew up with - Midnight the black lab (don't hate, I named her when I was 7 and she stayed with me until I was 23), plus Roulette, Spooky, Checkers, and Pumpkin the cats...dog liked to scratch herself by rubbing against the stucco wall by the pool and running, you can see the "racing stripe" she's in the process of updating when this pic was taken.
mars pets circa 96ish.jpg
Roulette, a 25 lb. beast of fury that I once saw fight off a coyote that had to outweigh and out-size her 2-to-1 (cat people know that pound for pound, cats have five times the fight in them as dogs). She passed on Christmas a couple years ago.
roulette.jpg
After Roulette and my wife's cat Gizmo died (we'd both had them since we were kids, they lived to be 15 and 13 respectively), we adopted brothers named Justin and Jason from a local shelter on Black Friday (all black animals 50% off, and buy one get one free on cats). Eventually Justin started packing on the pounds and now answers to the name of Chunk (and he does a mean truffle shuffle). Wife bought him an inflatable unicorn horn (advertised as "Cats love it!"). Cat did not, in fact, love it - he lunged at me seconds after this pic was snapped, claws a'blazing.
chunk unicorn horn terrified.jpg

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^ bwahaha I almost bought the unicorn thingy for mine. Lol

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Such cute pets. For some reason I can't seem to post my cats pic though

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
pics need to be under 1mb in size to be uploaded here. Links to photos work if you have larger ones.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
pics need to be under 1mb in size to be uploaded here. Links to photos work if you have larger ones.

Yeah, I use Imgur to host pics...it's handy. If you have Photobucket or some other hosting, it would be fine too. Even FB albums.
If you can link to it, it can be inserted with the photo button next to the smiley button in the editor. :)

Finally saw the stray I've been feeding in daylight. She is very skittish

8y6u4azu.jpg

Awww, so cute. Looks pretty healthy for a stray..probably a neighborhood kitty double-dealing on the foodstuff. ;)

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1001.jpg

There are 3 in the photo - the gray & white in the background is Birdie - my first rescue that was adopted to a friend in NV.
The gray tabby in the foreground is Biggie - who I've shared before. And the orange is Pocket. Pocket has an AM vet appointment because of a mystery problem. We're hoping its scartissue from her spay, if its not that I'm worried about the diagnosis. She'll be 4 in September. Cross your paws & toesies for us that its just 'she's getting fat' or "its scar tissue" and not something worse. I can deal with fat, or scar tissue...my first rescue after I moved to Indiana I'm worried.

Lorem Ipsum

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 2364

There are 3 in the photo - the gray & white in the background is Birdie - my first rescue that was adopted to a friend in NV.
The gray tabby in the foreground is Biggie - who I've shared before. And the orange is Pocket. Pocket has an AM vet appointment because of a mystery problem. We're hoping its scartissue from her spay, if its not that I'm worried about the diagnosis. She'll be 4 in September. Cross your paws & toesies for us that its just 'she's getting fat' or "its scar tissue" and not something worse. I can deal with fat, or scar tissue...my first rescue after I moved to Indiana I'm worried.

Such beautiful babies. Sending positive thoughts your way.

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I use Imgur to host pics...it's handy. If you have Photobucket or some other hosting, it would be fine too. Even FB albums.
If you can link to it, it can be inserted with the photo button next to the smiley button in the editor. :)

Awww, so cute. Looks pretty healthy for a stray..probably a neighborhood kitty double-dealing on the foodstuff. ;)

No neighbors for miles, someone probably dumped her nearby--she has no interest in getting to know me at this point, but I will keep feeding her till she stops coming, I guess.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been without internet most of the day due to storms. Pocket saw the vet early this morning, and the good news is she's just fat. The mass is just extra fat, and she's got dry skin, which we're treating. So I'm relieved & thankful I have an awesome vet who comped today's checkup & $30 in med.

Lorem Ipsum

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These pictures were taken when we first adopted Boo a couple of years ago. Being a first time cat guardian, I was paranoid about her running away, so she wore her collars with tags that I made out of shrinky dinks. However, she hated wearing her collar, and has expressed absolutely no desire to go outdoors. She is microchipped, so she hasn't worn a collar for about a year and a half. I can't believe that I used to dress her up like this!

She is my constant companion, following me everywhere around the house, trying to assist me with everything that I do. Boo is quite vocal, too!

no7AVa8.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always said my cat probably eats better than I do. Well, now there is this....

Her dry food is by Solid Gold, they make really nice foods, but I didn't know they made wet foods also until I found some.

I opened the tin and went omagardwhaaaat....

e5e8s2Ml.jpg

IUlTk9rl.jpg

Jeesus, that looks better than my Wal-Mart tuna...lol

Even on a plate...

vKthWO8l.jpg

Well, Tiki ate the entire plate like it was her last meal.

waBPlGkl.jpg

Then, went to sit up upon high and survey her Kingdom... ;)

fJQRGkTl.jpg

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My daughter would lay on the love seat with that brown blanket, one morning I came down stairs and found the baby, nestled between the back of the love seat and the top of the cushion, after I snapped this picture with my phone she put both paws on her eyes because I woke her up and the light was in her eyes, sorry not sure why that posted twice, I wish you could see how many toes she actually has. She uses them like thumbs!

The bottom cat is the one that converted me to like cats, not that I didn't like me, but always loved my big dogs! Had rots before the mastidane. Muffin man is about 8 or 9 but can still jump at me and up to my shoulders if my daughter isn't home and he wants in her bedroom to look for her. He acts more like a dog than a cat.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Both my kittehs are on nurse duty tonight.
6a3ejuza.jpg

I hardly ever get my special little KittehQuilt but they do it when I'm not feeling good. They love to snuggle together on inanimate objects, but only one at a time on me (they get jealous of each other, the weirdos)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Both my kittehs are on nurse duty tonight.
6a3ejuza.jpg

I hardly ever get my special little KittehQuilt but they do it when I'm not feeling good. They love to snuggle together on inanimate objects, but only one at a time on me (they get jealous of each other, the weirdos)
Mine are snuggle bugs.

8aru6u7u.jpg

Feeling any better? Just remember that purrs are healing

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine are snuggle bugs.

8aru6u7u.jpg

Feeling any better? Just remember that purrs are healing

Yeah see, my cats do that^^ just not ON me so much unless I'm in rough shape.

Thanks for asking, but naw I feel like crap today. Gooey eyes, stuffed/runny nose, swollen uvula. And I have to help my best friend film a wedding. And he's freaking out over vaping (he posted a BS article to my facebook wall the other day and flipped when I pointed out it didn't list any sources)... I bet money he says my cold came from vaping. I just hope I don't sneeze in the middle of these peoples' ceremony UGH!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And he's freaking out over vaping (he posted a BS article to my facebook wall the other day and flipped when I pointed out it didn't list any sources)... I bet money he says my cold came from vaping. I just hope I don't sneeze in the middle of these peoples' ceremony UGH!
That's really crappy to post on your wall about his problems with vaping. I do hope you feel better. Make sure to sneeze on him.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not my kitties, but I had to share. I run a small, not-not-for profit rescue (it just means I have more kitty related things to spend our donations on than $300 in federal 501c3 filing fees). This woman is my hero. 1 woman, 175 "sick" FLV+ kitties, 1 apartment, Peru. Kitty Hospice for sick kitties who will eventually die from their disease (FLV+ is similar to HIV+ in humans - the diseases are very very similar as is treatment), but FLV+ cats can live normal, healthy (mostly), happy lives, with or without other FLV+/- kitties, most are put to death because of the misnomer that they'll die soon anyway. Other feline diseases such as FIP are much more likely to kill large populations earlier than FLV/FLEV+ diagnoses.

This woman is my hero, and even though I'm 37, I want to be this woman when I grow up! I want this trend to continue, that other countries, other states, etc start Hospice sanctuaries for kitties to live out their lives in peace without fear of being killed because they're "sick".

If I could have kids I'd want my offspring to say "I want to grow up to be like the Kitty Hospice lady of Peru." That would be awesome.
<end super sappy sentimental frawg>

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still kinda amazed, those two pictures are of the same cat.

When she lies on her side, that primordial pouch just goes everywhere and she looks fat, but upright, she's a skinny kitty again.

Wish I could do that....:D

VU Sponsors