Become a Patron!

Pet Pics: Cats - Share your cats & other pet pics here!

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Came home tonight to 10 of the cats having the sniffles. Tomorrow morning is going to make for a very expensive vet bill, especially when I'm the only one going to the vet.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see your little tyke and raise you my marconi (or is it markhoney?) He's a stray that hangs around campus and is the only kitty that lets you pet him (he loves being pet)

90ed0f41c1401cffb873ef98d7bdd994.jpg

This is Bob. He was a super fat kitty at the local shelter. He died a few weeks ago. My girlfriend loved him.

1c74fba442d6caa05e1f8470324c04db.jpg

This is a neighbors kitty. He's huge. >20 lbs and he was super cute and fluffy. My girlfriend and I are thinking about catnapping him.

39d4826930d15c4d1af59a70f96d8ca7.jpg

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you know what breeds of cats don't shed?

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not allergic but I'm a neat freak. I really like short hair breeds. I'm thinking a Russian blue.
As the rescuer of several mix DSH/Russian Blue mix short hairs, yeah they shed, a lot. Of all the cats we have the 'mackerel' tiger tabbies shed the least, and its always by de-shedding comb. If you can tolerate the look, get a Sphynx - they're hairless, and you get to dress them up. They're the Sharpei's of the cat world. (naked and wrinkly). There's a few Sphynx rescues I can point you to if you're interested. They have to wear coats (and most love being dressed up) to keep them warm.

Best tools for neat freaks are a good vacuum and a deshedding comb. A hairless cat also won't get hairballs like other cat will. Feeding a higher fiber indoor formula food will reduce hairballs in even long haired cats, or adding a once a week supplement of laxatone on a long hair's paw will keep forward expelled hairballs to a minimum, as it helps hairballs exit the normal ingestion/digestion pathway out the back end.

I'm a fountain of normally useless cat info until someone needs it LOL.

The vet was awesome and gave us the case price for the antibiotic rather than $170 it was only $153. Not a huge savings but any little bit helps. And the kitties are being good and letting me medicate without me needing stitches. I <3 liquid antibiotic for that reason, no pills and they really have no choice to take it if you squirt it on the back of their tongue, tongue barbs that help them groom keep the medicine going back instead of forward. Now to get the girls to eat more. I might have to invest in a tube of high calorie gel for a week and hope that helps them gain back some of the weight they've lost.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One of our Russian Blues - Haineko doesn't like to be combed, so he sheds more than others. Biggie the mackerel tabby (who looks like CaFF's Tiki) sheds the least of our short hairs unless he's stressed and he's not easily stressed so it depends on the cat's personality and the environment. A single cat household with the appropriate # of boxes (2 or 1 per floor + 1 if you have a multi-story home) will keep issues to a minimum. A cat going outside the box is a cat that is sick telling you something is wrong and they need to go to the vet, not the behavioral issue most people think. Feeding canned, wet food is said to make for healthier cats overall, but in the cases of people like me canned food for this many cats I'd be able to pay off my vet bill each month if I had that kind of extra income. EEP. But most people can handle 30 cans of food a month even at around $1/can, I would spend that in a day. Dry food is what we do plus a day of canned food each week and once a month they all get tuna, and once in a while shredded chicken and low sodium broth.

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As the rescuer of several mix DSH/Russian Blue mix short hairs, yeah they shed, a lot. Of all the cats we have the 'mackerel' tiger tabbies shed the least, and its always by de-shedding comb. If you can tolerate the look, get a Sphynx - they're hairless, and you get to dress them up. They're the Sharpei's of the cat world. (naked and wrinkly). There's a few Sphynx rescues I can point you to if you're interested. They have to wear coats (and most love being dressed up) to keep them warm.

Best tools for neat freaks are a good vacuum and a deshedding comb. A hairless cat also won't get hairballs like other cat will. Feeding a higher fiber indoor formula food will reduce hairballs in even long haired cats, or adding a once a week supplement of laxatone on a long hair's paw will keep forward expelled hairballs to a minimum, as it helps hairballs exit the normal ingestion/digestion pathway out the back end.

I'm a fountain of normally useless cat info until someone needs it LOL.

The vet was awesome and gave us the case price for the antibiotic rather than $170 it was only $153. Not a huge savings but any little bit helps. And the kitties are being good and letting me medicate without me needing stitches. I <3 liquid antibiotic for that reason, no pills and they really have no choice to take it if you squirt it on the back of their tongue, tongue barbs that help them groom keep the medicine going back instead of forward. Now to get the girls to eat more. I might have to invest in a tube of high calorie gel for a week and hope that helps them gain back some of the weight they've lost.
I couldn't deal with a sphinx lol. Not cuddly enough. So you said a short haired tabby is good?

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep. DSH mackerel tabby ike CaFF's Tiki or my Biggie tend to only shed when combed (or that's how most of ours are.
)

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Came home tonight to 10 of the cats having the sniffles. Tomorrow morning is going to make for a very expensive vet bill, especially when I'm the only one going to the vet.
$160 for 4 bottles of antibiotics; I'll have to switch to another type by the way we're not progressing, and buying lysine for the cats...

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And it was all for nothing. Lots of very bad stuff happening all at once and there's nothing I can do .

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear your babies are staying sick Frawg... :(
Maybe Tiki-Pix will be cheerful?

With my Tiki - the cheap toys are best. :D
She's corralled her fave mouse toy (can barely see the tail) and an empty TP roll...guarding 'em like it's Salmon.

D'awww...

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What a difference 24hrs and $40 in antibiotics makes. Kitties are doing better, not great but better. Now to get them over their dermatitis and I can take photos.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What a difference 24hrs and $40 in antibiotics makes. Kitties are doing better, not great but better. Now to get them over their dermatitis and I can take photos.

Great news. Hope they continue to get better. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who needs expensive kitty treats?

I took about a Tbls. of her Natural Balance Ultra wet food, added a 1/2 Tsp. of drained and rinsed tunafish and mixed it together.
Served up on a saucer, to her on her dresser perch - she thinks it's the best treat ever. :D

P1020920.JPG

Treat was inhaled....it's like sneaking veggies to kids..hehehe.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sneaky is adding some romano cheese to my kids broccoli. Best veggies ever they proclaimed. Now at 24 and 26, they still eat their veggies!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh yes. I know Stasha well. We go way back, but this is the first time I've met Bosco and Penny. Penny reminds me of a cat I grew up with, Sugar. Penny looks just like her but much softer. Very cute. Such a pinch-able face. Does that pillow say Believe in Maggots?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Magenta? As in the color?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm kidding. Believe in Magic. A friend of mine had given that to me for the holidays a long time ago. Tossed it next to the Santa pillow, lol.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm kidding. Believe in Magic. A friend of mine had given that to me for the holidays a long time ago. Tossed it next to the Santa pillow, lol.

You are not kidding...

Hon, I got my kitteh on Feb. 13th, FRIDAY THE 13th, 2002, and it has been a blessing.

Magick is as real as science is real.. She is mine, and was meant to be. We are Blessed Be.
I've had men say they'd throw horrid my way...she is my familiar in this life. I have a dream, she is there..She has a dream, I am there...we are one In this and many lives. I've seen yours too.

I''d love to see you meet Tiki....I trust her more than Man. or Beast...

I once made pottery out of Mt St Helens Ash....have any?

And, you seem to crop up so much, its just delicious. Yet I do not mind it.:)

I've picked wild huckleberries, by the gallon.....you are not to be picked, though..

Last edited:

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is Oozer. He's a stray cat that wondered on to my deck a couple years ago and he was starving, skin and bones so I started feeding him. He's very scared of people but enjoys the safety of my deck and he pets me but you can't pet him. He pays me back by feeding the plants while he eats. He's a good kitty.IMG_20140804_195348_341.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20131227_133357_262.jpg
    IMG_20131227_133357_262.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20130906_193730_817.jpg
    IMG_20130906_193730_817.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 25

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is Oozer. He's a stray cat that wondered on to my deck a couple years ago and he was starving, skin and bones so I started feeding him. He's very scared of people but enjoys the safety of my deck and he pets me but you can't pet him. He pays me back by feeding the plants while he eats. He's a good kitty.View attachment 10924
I love him lounging in the leaves. Sooo cute.

VU Sponsors