Become a Patron!

P Busardo Issues Warning About Cloupor Mini

urby2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For you all:
2 weeks with this mini, mostly .7-.9 builds @ 20- 25 watts on Lemos and a KFL V2. Just sayin' , no probs as of yet.

urby2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That recall/ redo was a good spin on Smok's part. Just saying that this stuff happens. Most notably Jag and Land Rover for over 100K recall. Crap can happen on the 70-100K stuff as well. Let's not forget GM'S problems as well,

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guilty as charged.

Although for me the whole defining line between what's quality and what's not got pretty damn blurry once i made the jump from a Provari over to box mods..

I admit I also like cheap price combined with good looks but that's where the traps often is. I bought fairly low priced IPV mini with good specs and looks but now it's unusable. Should have paid little more and buy Innokin or similar established brand. All ready have a few of those and have no problems.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My baby Cloup chugs on. Next house thinking full granite, etc lol.

Traded my Clouper mini away to coworker 2 weeks back to get a Sigelei 30w mini. Spring pin ftw and all that. Tonight of all nights (i bartend) my sigelei's chip seemingly starts acting up. Ohms jumping all over the place everytime i fire regardless what topper i put on it. Can't figure it out as i've babied the hell out of this thing.

Meanwhile i swear i've watched him drop that Clouper on the hard kitchen floor every time i've gone back there this week, battery cover flying off and everything...he picks up and it keeps trucking along. Go figure.

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah you never really know so there goes my established brand theory. I've had Sigeley and Smoktech in the past, they didn't last tong either but my old Vamo V1 still works even tho I only use it as Ohms checker now.
Think I'll just stick to Innoking, they never failed me yet.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I was to rate the brand names I've bought from that I've never had quality issues with, I'd say Smok and Dovpo: I have a boatload of atomizers from the former, and 3 mods from the latter that I've never had any problem with.

urby2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the-truth-is-even-the-experts-are-truly-clueless-crap-shoot-julie-hutton.jpg

Traded my Clouper mini away to coworker 2 weeks back to get a Sigelei 30w mini. Spring pin ftw and all that. Tonight of all nights (i bartend) my sigelei's chip seemingly starts acting up. Ohms jumping all over the place everytime i fire regardless what topper i put on it. Can't figure it out as i've babied the hell out of this thing.

Meanwhile i swear i've watched him drop that Clouper on the hard kitchen floor every time i've gone back there this week, battery cover flying off and everything...he picks up and it keeps trucking along. Go figure.

Laffin ' my ass off. Like you said , go figure. So next you'll pop a Mutant on your Vaporshark and fry that too lol. Hey did I mention, it's Friday the 13th oooooh.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah you never really know so there goes my established brand theory. I've had Sigeley and Smoktech in the past, they didn't last tong either but my old Vamo V1 still works even tho I only use it as Ohms checker now.
Think I'll just stick to Innoking, they never failed me yet.

My own theory falls right in line with that picture above....it's all one big relative crap shoot with this current box mod market. Search long enough and you'll find a decent size of people swearing every single one is a piece of shit that failed them miserably. Some are just louder about their experiences then others.

That overlying reality does a pretty good job hiding itself by nature in places like these message boards though, mostly dominated by hobbyist types (like myself) always on the lookout and buying the next cool/better thing. Sparing the old device it's adequate evaluation period or absolute need to hold up to any normal'ish consumer standard. V2 a week latter? OH MY, in the cart it goes.

Personally, i blame Provari. Had the the Provari 3 came out better better specs that kept it both competitive and relevant, i could have probably saved myself countless individual box purchases right there :)

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought one of these when they first came out and I really like mine. I saw the problem with it being a fire hazard so I tested it several times. I put a .5 ohm coil on it and fired it until the auto shut off kicked in at 15 seconds. It seemed to be ok, so I did it twice, back to back, and it still seems fine, so I decided to keep using it. After a couple weeks the 510 got loose, and I decided to try to get a replacement. Cloupor was very quick with the customer service, and they refunded me 34 bucks and change, which is slightly less than what I paid for it on fasttech. I then decided that I may as well try to fix the connector myself. I just got a syringe of self mixing epoxy, which is thinner than normal, flows about like model glue. I took the cover off and filled around the connector with it, being very careful not to touch the board or the edges of the box. It worked like a charm and is as solid a rock now. I took some pictures but they aren't worth posting as the epoxy is clear, and you can't see it in there. Just my two cents.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll do the mini 2.0when she blows. But honestly, mine is the shizzle so far.knock on wood,.

Just hope your shizzle doesn't sizzle when you are away.

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes there is an easy fix to otherwise faulty mod but why should we have to be fixing something we buy new.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My own theory falls right in line with that picture above....it's all one big relative crap shoot with this current box mod market. Search long enough and you'll find a decent size of people swearing every single one is a piece of shit that failed them miserably. Some are just louder about their experiences then others.

That overlying reality does a pretty good job hiding itself by nature in places like these message boards though, mostly dominated by hobbyist types (like myself) always on the lookout and buying the next cool/better thing. Sparing the old device it's adequate evaluation period or absolute need to hold up to any normal'ish consumer standard. V2 a week latter? OH MY, in the cart it goes.

Personally, i blame Provari. Had the the Provari 3 came out better better specs that kept it both competitive and relevant, i could have probably saved myself countless individual box purchases right there :)

LOL man I feel your pain... The P3 was just too little too late .. had it been 30-40 watts I would have bought it in a heartbeat.. just didn't seem worth it for 20 watts

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guilty as charged.

Although for me the whole defining line between what's quality and what's not got pretty damn blurry once i made the jump from a Provari over to box mods. Even the "best" ones that have their fanboys fevorishly defending them at every turn (*cough* Vaporshark *cough*) simply do not offer the same overall level of beyond-the-need-to-defend-the-money-one-spent assurance that you indeed get what you pay for. Generally speaking...it's all an individual crapshoot built upon a fragile foundation that sees every single mod maker rushing to push their products out asap.

I watched my friend a few weeks ago drop his clouper mini from like 5 feet on a hard tile floor. Battery door flying off on impact, pieces going everywhere. Thought for sure the thing was cooked. Picks it up and puts it all back together...still vaping like a champ today. Another girl tips her "i'm going to buy the better quality" Sigelei 100w+ (my personal fav) over on the desk a few days ago and the chip more or less took a shit on the spot. I have one friend who bought a VS and loves it. Another who's on his 3rd or 4th unit before he got a working one (i sold mine a while back when i started getting the same "fast becoming outdated for the $$$ i have tied up into it" feeling i previously got on the Provari. No regrets since)

At the end of the day, most of this stuff pretty much does the same exact thing in hand. Show me the true Provari of box mods and i'll be the first to fork over 3-4X the amount one costs over the other. Until that day comes though, yeah, cheap and affordable relative to a short term purchase mentality is going to remain a priority.
imo this box http://vapingunderground.com/threads/mile-high-mods-nucleus-v1-0.52992/ exceeds the Provari standard.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought one of these when they first came out and I really like mine. I saw the problem with it being a fire hazard so I tested it several times. I put a .5 ohm coil on it and fired it until the auto shut off kicked in at 15 seconds. It seemed to be ok, so I did it twice, back to back, and it still seems fine, so I decided to keep using it. After a couple weeks the 510 got loose, and I decided to try to get a replacement. Cloupor was very quick with the customer service, and they refunded me 34 bucks and change, which is slightly less than what I paid for it on fasttech. I then decided that I may as well try to fix the connector myself. I just got a syringe of self mixing epoxy, which is thinner than normal, flows about like model glue. I took the cover off and filled around the connector with it, being very careful not to touch the board or the edges of the box. It worked like a charm and is as solid a rock now. I took some pictures but they aren't worth posting as the epoxy is clear, and you can't see it in there. Just my two cents.

At least you got cloupor to refund you 34$ - the magic number they decided to send me was $27 and some change.. where do they come up with these refund amounts?

if you have extra proxy left over and would be willing to fix mine - I'll try and make it worth your while (and pay for shipping to/from) - don't have time to deal with all of that

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OH WHAT!!!!!! I bought mine from GEARBEST for $24 bucks, shoot I said it before I will never buy crapor products again but I can't pass on the $24,I'm still waiting for it to come in the meantime Im already vaping on my sigeleie mini 30 watts got it for $33 bucks,vaping at .4 with no problems so far,its a SOLID DEVICE,the form factor is really nice and sturdy,quality is top notch!!! I will give the crapor mini to my wife so Ican get my eleaf 30 back hahaha
VAPE ON

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OH WHAT!!!!!! I bought mine from GEARBEST for $24 bucks, shoot I said it before I will never buy crapor products again but I can't pass on the $24,I'm still waiting for it to come in the meantime Im already vaping on my sigeleie mini 30 watts got it for $33 bucks,vaping at .4 with no problems so far,its a SOLID DEVICE,the form factor is really nice and sturdy,quality is top notch!!! I will give the crapor mini to my wife so Ican get my eleaf 30 back hahaha
VAPE ON

haha thats nice - give your wife the device that will most likely set fire in her hands ;)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VAPE ON
It just shipped...

Cloupor-2.jpg

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It just shipped...

Cloupor-2.jpg

LOL.. and now they are taking off for their holiday - they responded back to me finally saying to email them after March 1st.. I can only imagine how many people they are NOT responding to and digging their grave even deeper in the process.. I LOVE IT!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL.. and now they are taking off for their holiday - they responded back to me finally saying to email them after March 1st.. I can only imagine how many people they are NOT responding to and digging their grave even deeper in the process.. I LOVE IT!
OMG!!!

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What....A bad batch...Have a bad one waiting for a good one...waiting for the 2nd addition.... maybe the next one will be better... /// OK let me say the coupler mini is a piece of crap even if not one of them failed. And you ask why or how can you say this. Simple LOOK AT THE WIREING .

VU Sponsors