Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Last edited:

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for sharing. I was looking into buying one, but not now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei mini it is!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cloupor has had this type of issue since the Chana 30Watt. They assemble the units as cheaply and quickly as possible and then move on to the next type of mod they are selling. There were lots of reports of Chana V1's toasting their boards, so Cloupor came out wit the V2 after dumping their V1's to Fasttech. I had a functioning T6 that actually hit 80 watts (not the 40 or 44 that a lot of people measured). The damn thing fried it's board a few weeks back. No way will I EVER buy another Cloupor mod. Can't recommend them to anyone.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Clouper... it is the laptop battery packs of the vaping world.
Thank god no houses were burnt down, no detonation or severe burns from the users... YET.

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2015/01/26/cloupor-mini-heats-ah-i-mean-heads-up/

Some of us gave Phil some crap about giving this device "thumbs up" when so many people have reported problems with it. He's taken notice (and it's not Phil's fault...apparently his works just fine) and issued the above statement, including some words discouraging words from Cloupor.

Buyer beware. Check it out.
I think the shit was Eleaf got a thumbs down and I personally have not seen a melting one or reports of one.
But clouper on the other hand.. use at own risk and has been that way in forever got a thumbs up.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Well...he did hobnob and tour with Cloupor while in China. Just sayin'.

Also, OP updated with my link. Blogger "The Grumpy Vaper" published a post stating that some of these devices are melting down while in standby mode.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cloupor devices have been melting down for a while. Apparently they don't give a shit. They have to know about the issue and aren't addressing it in future devices. They are a black eye to the vaping community.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, melting just sitting there, real good quality control there. Granted it wasn't while being used thankfully, but good grief.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two friends who recently purchased the Mini and are not having any issues with theirs both have been vaping for years. I wonder how widespread this issue is. If they are melting down there needs to be a recall done immediately. This mod had generated a lot of interest in the community as well, what a shame to hear this.:(

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Clouper... it is the laptop battery packs of the vaping world.
Thank god no houses were burnt down, no detonation or severe burns from the users... YET.

I think the shit was Eleaf got a thumbs down and I personally have not seen a melting one or reports of one.
But clouper on the other hand.. use at own risk and has been that way in forever got a thumbs up.

I own 5 ISticks and have not had a single safety issue. Eleaf has a high standard for safety and quality control. I wonder how widespread this issue is with the Cloupor Mini? Seems like a lot of people are getting functional units. I know that some people had issues with their past models.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can look at something closely and tell if it has Quality I wonder why some people just can't spot quality. Maybe when someone wants something bad enough they over look cheap workmanship. Maybe it is just a gift I have I don't know. I have seen some devices like some fastech and some other company's that has something that looks so cheap and or poorly made but yet have people wanting or asking about it like they are entrusted in that piece of crap. When they usually buy it they are the same ones that make excuses for it when it won't perform or falls apart. What really gets me is when they try to fix it or make it better when it is already a piece of crap. This is the bad thing about buying online I like it in my hands before I buy it makes the difference. I actually wanted the Cloupor until a guy showed it to me at work and first off noticed the shifty battery cover and right off he said he would fix that ( lol) then the contacts looks so cheap and poorly soldered. Right then I decided no way. Couple days later it melted down in his car not even being charged at the time. He just got on break in the nick of time preventing his car catching on fire. But here on out I will go to the shops and look at something before I buy it or order it.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Trouble with any review is that it's not a long-term test, a few days use at best. Hardly the fault of the reviewer if it doesn't meltdown in that time!

He made clear the thumbs-down for istick was to push eleaf into improving it... and they did with the 30W.

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to simply not review clouper products as soon as they come out. And make a statement that that's what he's going to do, in light of these dangerous quality issues.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No excuses for clouper here they have had years experience and years of problems It is quite simple they don't care and plenty of proof of that. There is nothing to compare between eleaf and clouper. Eleaf has made there changes for the better and are a caring company.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's clear that this is a very serious issue and needs to be addressed by Cloupor. I would have thought that they would have placed a premium on safety throughout the manufacturing of their products given past consumer complaints. The real dilemma is that we can never be entirely certain that every device we purchase will perform flawlessly as a result of mass production, setbacks are bound and expected to happen. I think when you have melting issues that pose an extreme safety concern that product needs to be recalled immediately so that no one gets hurt. This isn't something minor like slightly off numbers on the display or a sticky button, we're talking toxic gases and risk of explosion. Those of us whom are experienced with mods and battery safety can hopefully detect the issue early on but for a new vapor the issue becomes even more distressing since they don't know what to look for. Even though some people are getting functional units this is not an issue that should be overlooked and needs to be dealt with promptly.

I held this device in hand and it felt like a very good mod. The readings were true, no issues with the battery door, slight crevice but nothing worthy of complaint. The pin could have been spring loaded but there were no issues with atomizers failing to make connections. I really like the size of the Mini matching up to the Istick and like many had high hopes for this device. These circuit melting issues should have been forecast by the engineering and quality control dept. It was rushed onto the market and now that oversight is going to bring a dark cloud over the mini.

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cloupor is not a trustworthy company.
All their past models had a share of problems, but they never took any responsibility for anything.

Some chinese companies like Eleaf, Pioneer4you and UD are showing improvement by listening to their customers, improving existing products, improving quality control and manufacturing quality.
Cloupor is not one of them.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's one thing to make a manufacturing error that poses a significant risk to safety and another for failing to take responsibility to correct it. I don't know what they were thinking but clearly it wasn't the end user in this case.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20ijp0h.jpg

Heres a pic of the V2 Cloupor guts. Hot glue everywhere, crooked 510 pin, and wattage control is janky, doesn't vape like what the displayed power says its at.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When a device on standby starts melting, it's not a quality control problem, it's a design problem.
Unless, of course, it is somehow shorting... Like a stray strand of twisted wire, crappy soldering job, ect... Should show up before shipping, but maybe not, especially if someone is skipping on the QC check.. IE, 'quality control'

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
20ijp0h.jpg

Heres a pic of the V2 Cloupor guts. Hot glue everywhere, crooked 510 pin, and wattage control is janky, doesn't vape like what the displayed power says its at.

That was a production model?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think with Cloupor it's a bit of both design and QC. When the Chana V1 first came out they were reading ohms high. Cloupor delayed the shipments to reprogram the chip for ohm reading accuracy. When they were done they read low instead. By about 10%. As far as QC it's the luck of the draw. My V1 is still chugging along without issue and has nothing like the glue mess pictured. Very minimal. Soldering looks decent as well. It just depends on the 9 year old running the glue gun that day or if whoever is feels a little suicidal that day and just doesn't really give a shit. Even though my V1 hasn't been a problem I passed on Clouper stuff since because they have just had too many issues with all their stuff. It's too many problems and too poor a response for me.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was a production model?

It was given to me from a co-worker who quite smoking/vaping altogether, he said it was the version 2. I noticed the 510 was crooked so decided to open it up and re-mount the 510 connection, then I saw the mess inside.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All I can say is I hope the people that got functional units don't experience these circuit issues down the road. Safety cannot be a gamble no matter the monetary price. My friends have had no issues so far knock on wood.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All I can say is I hope the people that got functional units don't experience these circuit issues down the road. Safety cannot be a gamble no matter the monetary price. My friends have had no issues so far knock on wood.
This.
As vapers and those that sub ohm are tap dancing on the razor's edge of safety anyways. That little bit of safety buffer will make or break it.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The thing is that many people out there have no interest in sub ohm vaping. They just want a safe regulated device that will provide a good vape and keep them from smoking. Those that want to experiment and don't know what they are doing will certainly face drastic repercussions. Cloupor needs to improve their electronics and overall quality control to maximize safety and users need to take the time to educate themselves on how to properly care for their mod, atomizers and replacement batteries. Too many people out there get overly excited and rush in, it's more of an ego thing than anything else.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cloupor on their facebook page stated there was a batch that had a problem. I have asked them how can a buyer determine if their mini may have been in that batch. Each mini comes with a vip card with a number on it. Each number is supposed to be different. The only reply they have given me is this is a very rare occurrence and they would take care of any problem. I just want them to be proactive on this but it does not appear they are going to. They said they have sold over 100000 and only 50 or so has had a problem. I just hope mine is not one of them. I would think they could at least tell buyers if you have a VIP card between these numbers whatever they may be.... then you may have an issue but they keep beating around the bush. I have not felt any overheating on mine so far. I don't see how it could melt when idle like someone said theirs did. If the battery is not pushing any power how could it melt? MAybe by charging with the USB. I am using the efest 35A battery so what are other good battery options since the sony's are no longer available. What are the best batteries for any of the 30 watt mini devices. If there is a link already on VU that talks about this link it here. Also Kidney puncher has a warning to not use the USB to charge it. Seems that is where the problems have occurred when being charged by the USB. They even state pretend there is not a USB slot. I am going to heed that warning for now.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. If you have an issue get in contact with them right away. For now, everything is working well, so fortunately you got a model that didn't have some of the issues others are experiencing. It's a luck of the draw with any device on the market. That's the price we all pay when purchasing products in the marketplace. They do need to step up and improve on their electronics and final inspections but until then just be careful, use it sensibly, don't charge on board and use a good charger and batteries. What you have now is fine. I use Panasonic and AW amongst others and have had no issues. Many people are using this mod and have not experienced complications. How long it will last none of us know, the same is true with anything you buy. Just enjoy your mod and be happy that it's working well for you. All the best:)

Milko Medero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Phill ,

firstly, we are so sorry to hear the melted issue . But , it;s very very rare rate happened in mini device .As the state we collect until today , we shipped out more than 100 thousand out , only about 40-50pcs with melted issue…

Only 40-50 its no big deal because the rest probably threw the dam thing in the trash without saying a word !! Only 0.1 % failed out of more than 100,000. The device burned you when it was in your pocket ? WHAT ! The mod doubles as a grenade. You should have had it in you hands at all times ! DIDN'T YOU READ THE FINE PRINT ? Your house brunt to the ground and all your fish died in the fire ? Think of it this way ! Sea food for dinner tonight ! Oh do I LOVE !!!!! crispy gold fish. A little black pepper and some lemon . Mmmmmmmm am I getting hungry ! Or the best ! No Understand English.Thank you .Have Good Day !

I now can sleep well rested tonight as long as I can get that first Vape in the morning and as long as the toxic fumes from the battery venting doesn't do much damage to my health. I did quit smoking you know. I am ahead of the game. Its cool ill risk it. But if my mod goes missing in the morning someone is going pay dearly !

You gotta love them cheap mods

Last edited:

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I own 5 ISticks and have not had a single safety issue. Eleaf has a high standard for safety and quality control. I wonder how widespread this issue is with the Cloupor Mini? Seems like a lot of people are getting functional units. I know that some people had issues with their past models.
Plus one on this. My istick regardless of rms v mean whatever, sucker works and continues to work even tho I have dropped it some and spilled a whole tank full of juice all over it. The 510 threads could be better but I have a bending adapter now with 0 issues there. Simple cheap reliable. Thats all any of us needs really, not some explosive enema.

Milko Medero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In my IStick the 510 top plate rolled out like a cheap nickel rolling down the street after about 2 weeks . Took it back for a exchange I was told too bad so sad . No exchange / refund .

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
haha clouper burned me literally once never again.. junk of the junk

SteveZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's a really poor response from Cloupor.

Been looking at this one real hard for a few weeks now. Was going to buy one from my local B&M but decided to wait and see if they were going to release a V2 with a spring loaded pin. Now I'm glad I waited. Really like the removable battery and the form factor of the cloupor so I'm thinking about the Sigelei mini. Seems to be about the same size but just a smidge taller.

Anyone have any experience with the Sigelei mini? I like my 100W plus but I'd like something smaller in the 30-50w range and it seems like it isn't going to be the Cloupor.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In my IStick the 510 top plate rolled out like a cheap nickel rolling down the street after about 2 weeks . Took it back for a exchange I was told too bad so sad . No exchange / refund .
Huh? Can you explain further?

Milko Medero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Huh? Can you explain further?
Okay, My Istick top plate . The one that touches the bottom of the atomizer came off after about 2 weeks of using it . I took it back to the store where I got it. They told me sorry but NO REFUNDS / EXCHANGES. So I was left with a mod that didn't work. So my point is . Cheap mods = low quality in my opinion. Not to sound like a jerk but to you understand now ? Oh , I got bought the mod in the only Vape shop in Oswego, IL . I don't shop there anymore.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, My Istick top plate . The one that touches the bottom of the atomizer came off after about 2 weeks of using it . I took it back to the store where I got it. They told me sorry but NO REFUNDS / EXCHANGES. So I was left with a mod that didn't work. So my point is . Cheap mods = low quality in my opinion. Not to sound like a jerk but to you understand now ? Oh , I got bought the mod in the only Vape shop in Oswego, IL . I don't shop there anymore.
Hmm.. I dont understand the 'no warranty' thing as the real ones come with a 6 month warranty (I do believe), if it really did just come off. Those things are held on with 2 screws that are fairly tight as well as the fit being close to a press fit. If it is a real one, then contact eLeaf and get it exchanged.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Eww, definitely hope that's not a common problem. First one I've heard of that did that. Sucks, hopefully eleaf will do something.

Milko Medero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm.. I dont understand the 'no warranty' thing as the real ones come with a 6 month warranty (I do believe), if it really did just come off. Those things are held on with 2 screws that are fairly tight as well as the fit being close to a press fit. If it is a real one, then contact eLeaf and get it exchanged.
I'm not sure but the shop I bought it in looks like Clone Central. Like I said I'm not sure . I know the Kato Hammer they sell is cloned. The hammer I have cost me 200.00 they sell one for 55.00 . It looks like junk !

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure but the shop I bought it in looks like Clone Central. Like I said I'm not sure . I know the Kato Hammer they sell is cloned. The hammer I have cost me 200.00 they sell one for 55.00 . It looks like junk !
That would prolly be it then.. You got a Smart20 most likely..

Milko Medero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
image1.JPG image2.JPG IMG_0016.JPG

Hope they get busted for selling clones. I understand the need to make a profit. But not at my expense. Its not about the money. Its about being sold something that does not work as intended. Then for someone to tell you to skip a rock. That's what get me mad. Thats when I say you picked the wrong person to screw over . Like I said its not the money. Its that they try to take me for a fool. Now that gets me mad. Keep the 38.00 but give me something that works ! Don't tell me sorry after 2 weeks of owning the thing. I Mod cars for a pass time . This is one I did . I don't care if something costs 1 or 10000000. It want what I paid for. I mod cars . I take pride in my work . If my customers have a problem I Fix IT !

You cant find this in China , All mods american made and proud of it !!!!!

Last edited:

Milko Medero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hana got 150,000 a pop out of the clone sellers . I say good ! I would have sued for 200,000.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I saw this posted on a FB group....

The Cloupor mini V2 is out now, with the melting issue fixed. I'd check with your local vape shop to see what they have in stock.

In return I asked....
And are they say what it was that was causing the issue??? Any confirmation anywhere that they have actually fixed it other than hearsay???

The reply....
I work for Blackhat and they held our shipment until the issue was fixed. We have the V2's in now.

My reply....
Ok that is good I guess. But with all of the stink around this you would figure they would be doing some sort of damage control and putting it out there what the issue was and what they did to fix it. Or if nothing else that it has been fixed.

Them
I agree. We can help dread the word!

Me
I would be willing to spread the word if there was facts to back it. At this point it is nothing more than hearsay. Not trying to be a douche, but this was a pretty big deal. And explanation is in order.

I still personally will not buy a Cloupor product. And will not spread any word until they tell is the "why's" and the "what we did's" Especially going on one persons comment.

Milko Medero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to get off my sope box now. Sorry about the rant :/

VU Sponsors