Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
biscuit-gravy-fountain-posts-ihat-might-ged-yau-fired-27479585.png

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm late getting on here because I had to catch up on some computer work that didn't get done this morning. The temperature actually got up to...ummm... 37 degrees today and I finally managed to get that damn ancient Bobcat started. Had to do it today because we won't be above freezing again for the next 10 days (according to the weather guessers) and Bob won't start below freezing. Anyway, spent 2.5-3 hours clearing snow and my body is screaming. Jerking the skid-steer levers wasn't a problem, but the up/down pedals for the bucket really stretched the limits of my knee joints. And now I am here and most of the familiar old pharts have already gone to bed. Sigh...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm late getting on here because I had to catch up on some computer work that didn't get done this morning. The temperature actually got up to...ummm... 37 degrees today and I finally managed to get that damn ancient Bobcat started. Had to do it today because we won't be above freezing again for the next 10 days (according to the weather guessers) and Bob won't start below freezing. Anyway, spent 2.5-3 hours clearing snow and my body is screaming. Jerking the skid-steer levers wasn't a problem, but the up/down pedals for the bucket really stretched the limits of my knee joints. And now I am here and most of the familiar old pharts have already gone to bed. Sigh...

Ah - I'm up! Sorry for your cold-weather-moving-snow-in-a-short-window woes - can relate living in Alaska, lol

I'm up because I am plotting how to squeeze in a visit to a custom squonk modder in Anchorage while I take Mr Juicy to neurologist tomorrow

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Lucy. Well, at least one familiar face is still awake here. :mooncat:

I've been trying to get that stupid old Bobcat running for months, but the temp here in South Dakota has been sub-zero for some time now and no way in hell is that antique starting in that kind of cold. Given I have a broken back and am being held together with a big black back brace (girdle), doing the whole property with a shovel is totally out of the question. Thank Gawd for one warmer day.

Watching the weather the past few weeks, Lannie said we should move to Alaska because Anchorage has been warmer than us.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi Lucy. Well, at least one familiar face is still awake here. :mooncat:

I've been trying to get that stupid old Bobcat running for months, but the temp here in South Dakota has been sub-zero for some time now and no way in hell is that antique starting in that kind of cold. Given I have a broken back and am being held together with a big black back brace (girdle), doing the whole property with a shovel is totally out of the question. Thank Gawd for one warmer day.

Watching the weather the past few weeks, Lannie said we should move to Alaska because Anchorage has been warmer than us.

It's true - been scarcely sub zero at all this year :confused:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is how bored I am. I'm vaping some blue Raz while watching a flying ant flopping around on the table like a turtle on its back. I think it's punch drunk on my vape fumes.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
About a zillion years ago, I did a stretch in Rantoul (north of Urbana/Champagne) and we used to call it ill'n'noisy. I was glad when school was over and I got moved to another state.
Good for you on doing a short stint. I'm still doing my bid for a crime I am not aware of. :xD:

Around where I live there's only two seasons, winter and construction. Talk about noisy, lol.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was raised in Soggy Valley (north Willamette Valley) in Orygun and we actually had four real live seasons there. I am not sure I have experienced that since. We have two seasons here in South Dakota too. Very fucking cold and very fucking hot. Construction season occurs anytime of the year when there's no snow on the ground.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When a little word like Fart is censored, that is too much.
Yep and why this thread is here now instead of there.
And a few of the participants as well.
Got 'called on the carpet' over there for coming close to violating a rule...
Not on the Phart thing but making generalized statement about corruption and ineptitude in govt.
No mention of politics at all.
Shades of Retired1.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Things are finally warming up.

Sadly, including the mice.

Cat got one this AM so I am setting out the traps to make short work of the little bastards!

VU Sponsors