Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would not have guessed SD got that hot in the summer.
July and August, 100-105 are routine, and when the air mass is up from the south (Texas/Gulf air), the humidity can make it feel like 150.
Never been to Oregon but I hear it's a beautiful state. I think rainy too, no?
Yes, Orygun is beautiful (I have been in 30 of our states and, in my personal opinion, Orygun has the most diversity in geographic beauty of any of them) and on the west side of the Cascades, very wet (last year, 365 people fell off their bicycles and drowned - bumper sticker from when I was a kid). But Orygun got Californicated, and Porkland liked it, and having 2/3 of the state population, we couldn't stop it, even locally, so we left.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello to all you Old Pharts! This Old phart is off to a interview. I stopped applying near Milwaukee. Everything is so "Ghetto". No offense but when folks show up to work they should work and not play with their dam phones all shift!
Best of luck to ya!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Problem now is that the cell phone addicts are getting old enough to move into management positions so everyone just wastes billions of productive hours on their cell phones.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the job interview went well. I am suppose to hear by Tuesday if I got the job. I'm also interviewing for a job tomorrow. I figure out of the 2 something should manifest. I dislike cell phones in the work place. Especially working in healthcare.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I think I started that as avoidance, like Crom said. I don't know if any of you remember, back in the 1960s, there was the phrase "rat fink," and because it offended some people, I spelled it "wratt phynque." Phart is just such a carry-over.

Rember it?

I built a model Rat Fink Roadster!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went tool shopping today for mechanics tools. Bought $350 worth and it is a decent start.
Went with Kobalt for the most part.
And authentic channel lock and vice grip pliers.
found a genuine Crescent adjustable 12 inch wrench for $10.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Went tool shopping today for mechanics tools. Bought $350 worth and it is a decent start.
Went with Kobalt for the most part.
And authentic channel lock and vice grip pliers.
found a genuine Crescent adjustable 12 inch wrench for $10.
Sounds like you have a plan! Do you make stuff?

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I leak all over the place, and I don't even use a tank! Does that count? And I'm a Phat-Fink, Old Phart, Anti-PhaseBook old Wierdo...mind if I hang-out?

Welcome. Pull up a rocker and grab a biscuit. Just remember to stay off the lawn.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm truly feeling like an old fart tonight. After 2 wks of doing little but laying on the couch moaning and waiting for the flu to pass, today was payday, so I had to get up, dressed, go to the bank, and grocery shop tonight. I feel like I've run 10 marathons.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm truly feeling like an old fart tonight. After 2 wks of doing little but laying on the couch moaning and waiting for the flu to pass, today was payday, so I had to get up, dressed, go to the bank, and grocery shop tonight. I feel like I've run 10 marathons.

Andria
Glad you are on the mend for sure!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ascertained today that my stepfather is ok, hasn't caught the flu, which is good, he's 78 yrs old. Have had some trouble reaching my aunt, something wrong with her phone, but we reached her neighbor and it seems that my aunt is probably ok too, also good, as she is 85.

Andria

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
gawd I hope mine doesn't last that long

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a preview of my Asmodus Zesthia tank!
Review to follow shortly!
646409a70d2763c0b1b74606edb20837.jpg

Last edited:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well the ijoy captain elite is on the way. Now I have to decide which tank it’s going to replace. Maybe I should just buy another mod for it?

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now for the bad news snow report:

A couple of you might remember that last night I posted about finally getting my antique Bobcat running and clearing all the snow in the driveway and making paths to the shop, barns, and homestead cabin. I had it where bare ground was showing in most places and the greatest snow still in areas where I cleared was, at most 1/4". Because my driveway is about 50 feet wide in front of the garage and 20 feet at the front gates, I clear it by going across, back and forth, so I build a wall of snow on both sides. That wall was 3-4 feet high in most places and 6 feet in others. But we had clear ground everywhere we needed to walk (or drive come next week and shopping day). Last night, as of 10 PM, the NWS forecast had us cloudy today, but no snow at all in their guess. This morning, I woke up to a small blizzard - snowing heavily with winds 35-40 mph. NWS, at that time, changed their forecast to brief snow showers with maximum accumulation of 2-4 inches. By the time we went out for morning chores, there was already 6 inches in all my cleared areas and some drifts in the path to the barn over a foot deep. By evening chores, there was 8-10 inches everywhere with drifts 2-3 feet deep. Except for seeing those walls of snow down either side of the driveway, there was no indication whatsoever that I had ever spent 3 hours clearing snow yesterday. And the temperature at the moment is -3F, so the Bobcat will not get started again for a couple weeks (when it gets above freezing again).

Now, tell me again how much it costs to move to Peru... :crazy:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now for the bad news snow report:

A couple of you might remember that last night I posted about finally getting my antique Bobcat running and clearing all the snow in the driveway and making paths to the shop, barns, and homestead cabin. I had it where bare ground was showing in most places and the greatest snow still in areas where I cleared was, at most 1/4". Because my driveway is about 50 feet wide in front of the garage and 20 feet at the front gates, I clear it by going across, back and forth, so I build a wall of snow on both sides. That wall was 3-4 feet high in most places and 6 feet in others. But we had clear ground everywhere we needed to walk (or drive come next week and shopping day). Last night, as of 10 PM, the NWS forecast had us cloudy today, but no snow at all in their guess. This morning, I woke up to a small blizzard - snowing heavily with winds 35-40 mph. NWS, at that time, changed their forecast to brief snow showers with maximum accumulation of 2-4 inches. By the time we went out for morning chores, there was already 6 inches in all my cleared areas and some drifts in the path to the barn over a foot deep. By evening chores, there was 8-10 inches everywhere with drifts 2-3 feet deep. Except for seeing those walls of snow down either side of the driveway, there was no indication whatsoever that I had ever spent 3 hours clearing snow yesterday. And the temperature at the moment is -3F, so the Bobcat will not get started again for a couple weeks (when it gets above freezing again).

Now, tell me again how much it costs to move to Peru... :crazy:

daayum....

I am on the other side of all that just rain here and only supposed to get below freezinf for 1 morning for the next week I think.

My sympathy.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
gawd I hope mine doesn't last that long

It may not; the main problem was that the flu sucked ALLLLLLLLL my energy away so badly I couldn't cough up all the crap it left in my chest, so it turned into bronchitis. Which is on the mend now too, but still working hard to get all that shit out.

Andria

VU Sponsors