Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a scrumptious dinner, too! Made a Brunswick stew today and hubbs brought me Rocky Road for dessert. Do non-Virginians know Brunswick stew?

Have to work in the office tomorrow. Meh. Other than that, doing well, thanks.

I'm from GA, where Brunswick stew COMES FROM!!!!!!!!! Love that shit!!!!!!!!!

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks @The Cromwell ! I will order the right stuff and try it. Sounds great! I like really good vanilla flavors.

@Andria I think there's a long-standing dispute between GA and VA. But regardless, the stuff is awesome. (I have had it in Savannah, but it's a bit different there from what people make up here. Still the same basic idea, though.)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I lived in Roxboro NC (almost VA) Brunswick Stew was a thing there as well.
But their vinegar based BBQ ....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
When I lived in Roxboro NC (almost VA) Brunswick Stew was a thing there as well.
But their vinegar based BBQ ....

Do NOT tell me you're about to say bad things about NC barbecue. (Roxboro is just across the state line from me, maybe 40 miles away.)

I make that at home, too, in my crock pot. ETA: I do realize that people either love or hate it - no one is ambivalent. :)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well dang, Lucy, you folks are progressive up there, eh?

ETA: Sorry, I shouldn't tease you about that. You might be using it for pain control. My apologies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well dang, Lucy, you folks are progressive up there, eh?

ETA: Sorry, I shouldn't tease you about that. You might be using it for pain control. My apologies.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

What's funny is our legal green stuff stores are not allowed to sell CBD :facepalm:

I tried the CBD you put under your tongue and was not impressed - didn't think it really did anything

Picked this up at a vape shop in the big city a few weeks ago, I like it - just takes the edge off a little - I no longer enjoy regular Maryjane and haven't for about 25 years now

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yep it is bad to me.
I am vinegar phobic due to a childhood event.

I can certainly understand that. It's odd to me that I like the barbecue so much, because anything else with vinegar is revolting. When I make my own barbecue, it's a lot less vinegary than what you find in restaurants, but that taste is there, just more subtle.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I can certainly understand that. It's odd to me that I like the barbecue so much, because anything else with vinegar is revolting. When I make my own barbecue, it's a lot less vinegary than what you find in restaurants, but that taste is there, just more subtle.

I like the NC style a lot

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

What's funny is our legal green stuff stores are not allowed to sell CBD :facepalm:

I tried the CBD you put under your tongue and was not impressed - didn't think it really did anything

Picked this up at a vape shop in the big city a few weeks ago, I like it - just takes the edge off a little - I no longer enjoy regular Maryjane and haven't for about 25 years now

An ex-coworker of mine told me about his adventure into a xxxx shop in Colorado when he was there to visit his daughter. It was quite a story, sort of like a trip to an exclusive boutique store, individual service, staff to explain what all the different varieties are, etc etc.

I will probably be long gone before any such thing is ever seen around here. It's rare to even find people who'll admit to smoking a bit when they were young! Conservative, yeah.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I asked everyone else, guess I should say that I'm having cinnamon (again). It's like vaping Big Red gum. :giggle:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
An ex-coworker of mine told me about his adventure into a weed shop in Colorado when he was there to visit his daughter. It was quite a story, sort of like a trip to an exclusive boutique store, individual service, staff to explain what all the different varieties are, etc etc.

I will probably be long gone before any such thing is ever seen around here. It's rare to even find people who'll admit to smoking a bit when they were young! Conservative, yeah.

Sadly I am one of those folks that could benefit from good old MJ.

As it is, I am taking OXY three times per day and would like to stop taking the shit.

Ohio has made MJ legal, but like everything else, our mentally challenged Governor, John Kasich has it all screwed up.

Almost 2 years after it passed, no grow facilities have a license.

Also, the way it is written, it can only be sold in vapeable form.

Non-issue for me but I can see the Vultures circling when the stuff becomes available for folks tyring to find the gear to vape it with!!

PS. John Kasich is an absolute MORON and will most likely run for president.

I would not trust the idiot to clean the cat boxes here!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Unc medical is legal in my state but i have heard they are talking about taking guns away from anyone who files for a medical card

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sadly I am one of those folks that could benefit from good old MJ.

As it is, I am taking OXY three times per day and would like to stop taking the shit.

Ohio has made MJ legal, but like everything else, our mentally challenged Governor, John Kasich has it all screwed up.

Almost 2 years after it passed, no grow facilities have a license.

Also, the way it is written, it can only be sold in vapeable form.

Non-issue for me but I can see the Vultures circling when the stuff becomes available for folks tyring to find the gear to vape it with!!

PS. John Kasich is an absolute MORON and will most likely run for president.

I would not trust the idiot to clean the cat boxes here!

I don't understand how so many people have objections to medical MJ when the country is having a opioid addiction epidemic.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's the only way i can afford to buy juice and have saved a ton of money by DIY
Do you DIY?

I am just starting. More flavors on the way! I've had a couple of successes. My son gave his approval on the blueberry cheesecake I mixed up for him.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Evening Unc medical is legal in my state but i have heard they are talking about taking guns away from anyone who files for a medical card

Oh, now that is going to make me think hostile thoughts. Do they take guns away from people who drink alcohol?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

That my Vaping Brother is just plain sad!

I freely admit to being a member of the Cheech and Chong Fanclub in my youth.

The most violent I got was making a statement like "Why are your harshing my mellow dude"

BS to the 10th

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

The most violent I got was making a statement like "Why are your harshing my mellow dude"

BS to the 10th

I think my most common utterance was "Somebody pass the Cheetos."

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I don't understand how so many people have objections to medical MJ when the country is having a opioid addiction epidemic.

BINGO!

Not admitting to anything but MJ stops my pain!

The only thing I can legally get is freaking OXY!

Hence the blood draw every 90 days to see if it is harming my internal organs!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

BS to the 10th

You might want to look into kratom - Dale turned me onto it

EDIT: While it's still legal

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry to have to correct you.

It was more like "Pass the Chocolate Chip Cookies................Dude"

While listening to Pink Floyd.

Kinda Sorta Showing My Age

Remember "In Concert?" Way before MTV, that's how we found good music on TV. Seems like that started up about the same time as SNL with its original cast.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
MJ does not even touch my pain.

I am the same, but I have recently found that a good quality CBD does take the edge off of inflamed nerve endings which in turn helps muscles relax a little - doesn't make it go away (bursitis left shoulder, osteo arthritis in both) but it does take the edge off considerably

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am the same, but I have recently found that a good quality CBD does take the edge off of inflamed nerve endings which in turn helps muscles relax a little - doesn't make it go away (bursitis left shoulder, osteo arthritis in both) but it does take the edge off considerably
Just makes me not care as much ;)

Been about 5 years since I did any MJ though.
Became an issue with work drug testing and such.
Was a well functioning daily user for over 30 years.
Never any legal issues or anything.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
KY passed an anti opiate law 5-7 years ago.
Since then it has become almost impossible for those actually needing opiates on a maintenence basis to get them.
However in the same timeframe opiate abuse has grown tremendously.

They failed so what do they do now? Pass harsher laws restricting opiates for those who need them.

Damn knee jerk politicians.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

That is one of the dumbest screwball things I've heard lately :crazy: and the news has been full of nothing but stupid ass stuff lately

VU Sponsors