Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FDA Warns About Rare Occurrence of Serious Liver Injury with Use of Hepatitis C Medicines Mavyret, Zepatier, and Vosevi in Some Patients with Advanced Liver Disease

August 28, 2019 -- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received reports that the use of Mavyret, Zepatier, or Vosevi to treat chronic hepatitis C in patients with moderate to severe liver impairment has resulted in rare cases of worsening liver function or liver failure. All these medicines contain a hepatitis C virus (HCV) protease inhibitor and are not indicated for use in patients with moderate to severe liver impairment.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you make it back alive?

Man it was just brutal here, had to be 110+ with humidity, incredible.

But more bad news, it rained tonight, I expect the humidity to surpass the temps tomorrow (morning).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FDA Warns About Rare Occurrence of Serious Liver Injury with Use of Hepatitis C Medicines Mavyret, Zepatier, and Vosevi in Some Patients with Advanced Liver Disease

August 28, 2019 -- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received reports that the use of Mavyret, Zepatier, or Vosevi to treat chronic hepatitis C in patients with moderate to severe liver impairment has resulted in rare cases of worsening liver function or liver failure. All these medicines contain a hepatitis C virus (HCV) protease inhibitor and are not indicated for use in patients with moderate to severe liver impairment.
That's really unbelievable..................

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just woke up from a nap and figured I better check in, for at least a couple minutes.

Left the driveway at 9AM and got back at 7:15PM. That's over 10 hours shopping and on the road. About halfway through the day, I twisted my right knee, which made it very painful to continue walking around all those stores, but it had to be finished, so mostly I just leaned on the carts and shuffled my ancient ass around slowly. That, of course, aggravated the sprained ankle from a few days ago. I am way to tired now...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was your day?.... after the rain last night is was one muggy HOT sob here.

Was driving near Phoenix today, I could see where entire intersections were under a couple feet of water last night, entire roads covered with gravel and sand from water runoff.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How was your day?....
Other than normal routine chores, I didn't do much today. It was a designated lay-about day due to the extreme exertions of yesterday. But it was a beautiful day and I think the high was 72, so if I had had any energy, it would have been a wonderful day to do something beside sit around on my lazy antique ass.

I could see where entire intersections were under a couple feet of water last night
You are tugging at my ancient memories of living in Tucson. I remember entire neighborhood streets designated as "drainage streets." Instead of being crowned roads like any normal street or highway, they were paved dips that filled with water for miles after nasty thunderstorms.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Other than normal routine chores, I didn't do much today. It was a designated lay-about day due to the extreme exertions of yesterday. But it was a beautiful day and I think the high was 72, so if I had had any energy, it would have been a wonderful day to do something beside sit around on my lazy antique ass.

You are tugging at my ancient memories of living in Tucson. I remember entire neighborhood streets designated as "drainage streets." Instead of being crowned roads like any normal street or highway, they were paved dips that filled with water for miles after nasty thunderstorms.
It rained pretty good here last night, but Phoenix got the brunt of it. Glad you took somewhat of a break today.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I told them to buy and install a new engine. From the looks of the old one, it appears to have been repaired a number of times in the past 35 years and I just don't trust another make-shift glue-it-back-together attempt.
Good choice.... I didn't know it had already had some major repairs in the past.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This shit is just relentless....supposed to be cooling off slightly, not getting warmer.....:cry:

With the humidity today, was all I could do to finish my second job after lunch....altho the first building was fairly simple, the building wasn't even close to being completed, the buyer wanted the building inspected before close of escrow...I told her to call me in about a month to reschedule.....this builder is known for jumping the gun claiming it's 99% complete, when in fact it not 85% complete.

upload_2019-8-29_22-38-37.png

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good choice.... I didn't know it had already had some major repairs in the past.
I don't know how many repairs it actually had, but there was wire wound around the spark plug that blew out, which means that happened before and that was an attempt to not buy a new head.
I feel the same way at times, but it's only going to get worse.....:sad:
I had a dream last week about this and the implication is that we fall apart as we age because that is what are told will happen and we accept that as our reality so we create the old age attitude and make it happen. I am working on remaking the mental patterns of my younger days in the hopes that it will remake the body. Hey, it is worth a try...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know how many repairs it actually had, but there was wire wound around the spark plug that blew out, which means that happened before and that was an attempt to not buy a new head.

I had a dream last week about this and the implication is that we fall apart as we age because that is what are told will happen and we accept that as our reality so we create the old age attitude and make it happen. I am working on remaking the mental patterns of my younger days in the hopes that it will remake the body. Hey, it is worth a try...
I believe the same thing regarding train of thought.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am not here tonight. Way too tired. Catch ya tomorrow.
Hope your feeling better.....I couldn't hang around last night, had two jobs today, neither were easy, add the heat and humidity to the equation, it turned into a nasty hot long day.

BUT, I'm all caught up till Monday.......... yippie......:oops:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm all caught up till Monday.......... yippie.
Does that mean you have the weekend off?

I unloaded the pine shavings and alfalfa from the truck into our hay room, then took out the garbage from all buildings and burned it with all those weeds and a bunch of limbs. The wind was very light today, so I had to take advantage of that and do the burning when such conditions exist (it is almost always windy here). I am pretty tired again now.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does that mean you have the weekend off?

I unloaded the pine shavings and alfalfa from the truck into our hay room, then took out the garbage from all buildings and burned it with all those weeds and a bunch of limbs. The wind was very light today, so I had to take advantage of that and do the burning when such conditions exist (it is almost always windy here). I am pretty tired again now.
Productive day, guess we both won......:rolleyes:......:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These lots are being recalled out of an abundance of caution following an FDA inspection.

Following, I assume that means they told the jackasses to remove the garbage from the shelf?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Isn't that really scary? In this country alone, doctors and their damn prescription drugs kill over 100,000 people per year.
I'd bet its a LOT more than that.....prolly more like a quarter/half million. The 100K is probably reported issues they know positively it was the item which killed them, and the other (remaining family members) were probably conned into thinking it was something else.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have no doubt your statement is more correct, but I can only make firm statements about what I can prove via the data available. At the same time, I "believe" it is at least a quarter million or more.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thunderstorms and rain here at Oh-dark-thirty this morning (NOT in forecast), but sunrise was accompanied by thick fog and drizzle (i.e., 100% RH). The forecast claims we will hit 90 today, but I'll be surprised if the thermometer touches 75. Sigh...

Last edited:

VU Sponsors