Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a sneaky suspicion your not really being as positive as you could
And that assessment is 100% correct. IF I was as positive as is within the powers of what we are told we are capable of, I would create my own universe where nothing negative would ever happen and we'd all live happily ever after. But given there are about 9 billion people on this planet who choose not to believe that is possible, one guy fighting those odds seems a little overwhelming. So I shall be happy just to NOT fall on my butt in the slippery shit tomorrow. Is that an acceptable alternative?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And that assessment is 100% correct. IF I was as positive as is within the powers of what we are told we are capable of, I would create my own universe where nothing negative would ever happen and we'd all live happily ever after. But given there are about 9 billion people on this planet who choose not to believe that is possible, one guy fighting those odds seems a little overwhelming. So I shall be happy just to NOT fall on my butt in the slippery shit tomorrow. Is that an acceptable alternative?
Your doing well, Rich......:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I got done working today, I could only think of one thing...a SHOWER...but I didn't have one available...only thing I could hope for was a heavy rain, or pay for a motel......I chose the later and it rained for 15 minutes. Positive does work with the right conditions.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think POSITIVE Rich.............:cry:

It can ONLY become WORSE...........:)

It's worse. All the slush and puddles are thick, clear ice now, slicker'n snot. I couldn't even step away from the door when I took the dog outside, and she was sliding all over the place. She's no spring chicken herself, but thankfully, she didn't actually hit the ground. I'll bet she has some pulled muscles, though. I have no idea how we're going to get out to the barn. Slide on our butts or crawl, I guess... I hope the large animals don't fall down. They could really hurt themselves. Hopefully they're staying inside.

On the bright side, the wind didn't knock the power out last night. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's worse. All the slush and puddles are thick, clear ice now, slicker'n snot. I couldn't even step away from the door when I took the dog outside, and she was sliding all over the place. She's no spring chicken herself, but thankfully, she didn't actually hit the ground. I'll bet she has some pulled muscles, though. I have no idea how we're going to get out to the barn. Slide on our butts or crawl, I guess... I hope the large animals don't fall down. They could really hurt themselves. Hopefully they're staying inside.

On the bright side, the wind didn't knock the power out last night. :)
Hang in there Lannie. It will be over in a few weeks, until next winter...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my 2 4 oz bottles of CAP VC V1 from BCF.
New bottle again.
First the regular round bottles with screw on lids.
The some squarish ones that remind me of my fathers bottles of Wildroot...
Now 4 oz unicorn type bottles?

Ok but what is next?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Save the ones you like best so you aren't ass out when they change to something you don't like

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I write a date on the bottle and put them in the freezer and use oldest first.

I meant the empty bottles, save the ones you like and put the fresh juice in old bottles. Date as you always do

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I meant the empty bottles, save the ones you like and put the fresh juice in old bottles. Date as you always do
I of course do that.
filled one with Cromwells Custard a while back and slapped a label on it and gave it to my grandson.
Have not emptied any of the Wildroot styled bottles yet though.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hope Lannie and Rich did ok on the ice today.
What I learned very quickly this morning appears to be the opposite of what we have all been raised to believe: Choosing the clearest path is extremely dangerous; the more congested path is the least likely to get you killed. That is, stay the hell off all the paths cleared by the Bobcat or anything with tire tracks or anything that would appear to be the visually easy route. Instead, tiptoe through the deep snow drifts and you will not slip and fall on your ass.

Oh, and while it is about 16F outside right now, we are also experiencing 40 mph wind with gusts of 50-55 mph, so the wind chill is somewhere around -11F. With that wind, you can put on your rubber boots with their aggressive treads and go stand on some of that slick ice and without moving a muscle, you will find yourself sliding southward fairly quickly. I use old cross-country ski poles to steady myself (keep my balance) while outside, but they are totally useless because the pointy tips will not even make a dent in this ice, so they have no grip whatsoever.

VU Sponsors