Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just looked again and next Tue-Thu are supposed to be 1 deg or so for the lows
Was just looking around our area and have decided I am really happy to NOT be living in Fargo, ND. One of those Canadian blue tongues (AKA arctic air mass) is sneaking over the border and their projected HIGH for Wednesday is -19F with wind chill factor at -56F (exposed flesh will freeze in 5 minutes). Our temp that day is supposed to be +2F.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Going to the Galapagos to see a friend of mine tomorrow. Haven't been there in years.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes sir...........How's it going Rich?
An extra week chasing your GF around the banana trees, eh?
Here? Just more white shit falling out of the sky. I have preprogrammed my dream center for tonight so when I get in bed it will be a warm summer's eve and... what's that drink southerners have on the veranda? Well, don't know 'cause I ain't got a veranda anyway... How about ice water on the lawn?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
An extra week chasing your GF around the banana trees, eh?
Here? Just more white shit falling out of the sky. I have preprogrammed my dream center for tonight so when I get in bed it will be a warm summer's eve and... what's that drink southerners have on the veranda? Well, don't know 'cause I ain't got a veranda anyway... How about ice water on the lawn?
Have some shitty weather Rich?
It's really dry here, I did a rain dance tonight with my spanish mona lisa

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found a bar-restaurant tonight which is owned by an expat....he calls it Lucky's...like the STRIKE - smokes. I couldn't believe it, was like walking back in time to the 60's....had 60's music playing, the entire restaurant is based on shit from the 60's...needless to say I was in heaven.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's about 20 right now

But it was 33 and raining for two days (in January!) so it was slicker than dog shit today

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's about 20 right now

But it was 33 and raining for two days (in January!) so it was slicker than dog shit today
Yeah, I hear that. Being above freezing today melted quit a bit of snow and we have puddles everywhere. This means that tomorrow morning, when it is like 19 or 14 or something, we're gonna need ice skates to get to the barn without falling on our butts. I wish we had some of those doohickies that you strap on your boots that have sharp teeth for walking on the slippery shit.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I hear that. Being above freezing today melted quit a bit of snow and we have puddles everywhere. This means that tomorrow morning, when it is like 19 or 14 or something, we're gonna need ice skates to get to the barn without falling on our butts. I wish we had some of those doohickies that you strap on your boots that have sharp teeth for walking on the slippery shit.

Yeah, either freeze and stay froze, or thaw out and stay that way

Going back and forth like that is dangerous and sucks to deal with

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, either freeze and stay froze, or thaw out and stay that way

Going back and forth like that is dangerous and sucks to deal with
Fer shure... like today I was raking shit in the horse barn to make three clean spots to feed the critters so they could be out of the wind (If I threw their hay out in the corral, it would be in the next county in seconds). The shit was very wet and sticky to rake, so my tired achy body had a real problem raking it. But tomorrow, when it is below freezing again, I'll need a pick ax to chip the shit up enough to move it. Damned one way or the other.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looking at the national weather....Juice prolly has the best weather in the 50 states---minus Hawaii....AND Arizona.....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think POSITIVE Rich.............:cry:

It can ONLY become WORSE...........:)

VU Sponsors