Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but because it is so flat, it is easy for those evil Canadians to send illegal immigrants (arctic blue tongues) rushing headlong down the plains...
Indeed, seems to be the problem in your area. Hope the ole Bobcat makes it.....by the way, my friend still hasn't returned my call....he's in Peru.....if I can remember, I'll text him using Whatsapp...he may respond, but not sure if he has that app on his phone....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I'm keeping the fingers crossed about Bob too. Even if your friend has one and it is cheap, it would only help me if he takes low monthly payments. o_O

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Inspected four buildings, slightly less than 80,000 SF total, but there was deferred maintenance up the ass at this property. Tried to post a cropped picture, keep getting the error message photo is too large, even showing half of one building....unbelievable.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
G"Evening my Old Phart Friends
Sup jimi, hows it hanging?

Inspected four buildings, slightly less than 80,000 SF total, but there was deferred maintenance up the ass at this property. Tried to post a cropped picture, keep getting the error message photo is too large, even showing half of one building....unbelievable.
Working hard inspects!

The southern area of AK is kinda a TropArtic climate.
Wassup Cromwell

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't get pictures to load here either, get the same message. Someone told me you can shrink them in paint, what ever that is:rolleyes:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hiya Jimi. Where ya been hiding?

Tried to post a cropped picture, keep getting the error message photo is too large,
Often it is not the actual size of the picture that gets that message as it is number of pixels per inch. That is, a 2x2 picture at 600 pixels will not post when a 8x10 at 150 pixels will.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Dale, you are working too hard my friend, those long days will age you fast
Yep, but ya gotta get the jobs while the gettin is GOOD. It rained last night, was one humid SOB today, even tho I don't think it hit 90 degrees. The humidity may have been higher than 90% this morning. Had HEAVY dew on a truck one of my employees parks in the side lot next to my office. Haven't seen dew in ages.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Often it is not the actual size of the picture that gets that message as it is number of pixels per inch. That is, a 2x2 picture at 600 pixels will not post when a 8x10 at 150 pixels will.
Yeah, I know, but I'm not fucking around changing picture resolution at 10:00 PM

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't get pictures to load here either, get the same message. Someone told me you can shrink them in paint, what ever that is:rolleyes:
Not worth fucking with, unless your bored out of your skull, I believe you and I don't fit that scenario.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hi Rich, just been busy taking care of my extended honey do list and getting things ready for the season change. I see it cooling off in S Dakota, it was 94 here today.

Also trying to get to bed a bit earlier

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, but ya gotta get the jobs while the gettin is GOOD. It rained last night, was one humid SOB today, even tho I don't think it hit 90 degrees. The humidity may have been higher than 90% this morning. Had HEAVY dew on a truck one of my employees parks in the side lot next to my office. Haven't seen dew in ages.
Oh I agree, get it while you can, That 's how it was here today 94 and humidity thick enough to spread with a butter knife. It must be humid there to get a heavy dew, I didn't know it formed dew there it's so dry

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, as usual, I have to ask how life treated Rich on the homestead today......:crazy:

Frost on the pumpkins this morning?.....:gaah::cuss2::gaah:
No, thank Dog... It stayed overcast all night, which kept in what little heat we had, so they missed their low prediction (instead of 37, it was 49) and the high only made it up to... ummm, 56? today. Rained like a sumbits all morning, so I stayed inside and stuffed a bottle of turmeric capsules and played with the kitten. She loves to sleep on me.
13 Peanut on my shoulder.jpg

Yeah, I know, but I'm not fucking around changing picture resolution at 10:00 PM
Using my photo program, that takes all of 2 seconds.... The above picture was 650 pixels right out of the camera. I call up "image size" and type in 150 and poof! Done.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rich, how is Lannie holding up in the canning dept...prolly tired I assume. Noticed she didn't stop in here this morning.

You get as much salvaged from the garden as possible?...or you have warmer weather heading your direction?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rich, how is Lannie holding up in the canning dept...prolly tired I assume. Noticed she didn't stop in here this morning.
I think she got worn out yesterday (being on her feet way too long) so she pretty much took the day off today (not including milking the cow, etc.).
You get as much salvaged from the garden as possible?...or you have warmer weather heading your direction?
Didn't even go in the garden today due to all that heavy rain. The forecast (please let it be right) says we'll be warmer for the next week, so we'll clean the garden out then.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, thank Dog... It stayed overcast all night, which kept in what little heat we had, so they missed their low prediction (instead of 37, it was 49) and the high only made it up to... ummm, 56? today. Rained like a sumbits all morning, so I stayed inside and stuffed a bottle of turmeric capsules and played with the kitten. She loves to sleep on me.
View attachment 120224

Using my photo program, that takes all of 2 seconds.... The above picture was 650 pixels right out of the camera. I call up "image size" and type in 150 and poof! Done.

Your cat looks similar to my Willow cat (aka baby girl). A baby pic is all I could find this late.

Hope everyone is well here. I'm exhausted. I'm going to "peace out" and watch the last episode of "Castle Rock".

Attachments

• DCP_1526(1).JPG
    DCP_1526(1).JPG
    706.6 KB · Views: 15

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think she got worn out yesterday (being on her feet way too long) so she pretty much took the day off today (not including milking the cow, etc.).

Didn't even go in the garden today due to all that heavy rain. The forecast (please let it be right) says we'll be warmer for the next week, so we'll clean the garden out then.
Good to hear you both kinda took it easier than usual today.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your cat looks similar to my Willow cat
I assume you are talking about the calico in the back of the box and not the silver tabby up front. The one on my shoulder (Lannie named her Peanut) is three months old, but is such a runt that she is only about the physical size of a normal 5-6 week old kitten. I hope that, when she gets over this super bad runny nose problem, she will resume normal growth rate, but if she stays small, that will be OK too. We do not discriminate. Peanut is also a feral (born in the garage) that decided she liked us petting her and moved herself into the house. She follows me everywhere and Lannie even tells me she cries when she can't find me.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well my friends I am calling it an early night, only got 2 hours sleep last night and kinda feel like I can sleep now so I am going for it
G"Night my friends, see you tomorrow

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well my friends I am calling it an early night, only got 2 hours sleep last night and kinda feel like I can sleep now so I am going for it
G"Night my friends, see you tomorrow
Hope you can sleep, Jimi...I found a solution, but I can't post it here.....:teehee:...:devil:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dale, I took the day "off" yesterday. I still had plenty to do, but I did NOT stand for hours in the kitchen. I used to be able to do that with no problem, but I guess my back muscles aren't what they used to be. I was having really bad spasms after the tomato canning session the day before. I had some valerian before bed last night to hopefully relax the last of it away, and it's much better this morning, so I'll be back on the tomatoes today. My problem is I'm bringing in an average of two gallons of milk each morning, and we drink less than half of that during the day. I used to drink a gallon a day all by myself, but having that icky store-bought stuff the last ten months, I got out of the habit. So I have a surplus of milk, and I'm only taking HALF of Cricket's milk in the morning, her calf gets the other half and the rest of the day's production as well. Little Evelyn is a very fat and happy girl. :D

Anyway, what that means is I've got a lot of milk chores to do as well as everything else. I've finally got a mature clabber culture, so I'm doing a batch of clabber every morning to feed the garage cats (trying to save on the cat food bill...), and I can start making bigger batches now as well, for the chickens, plus I make a panir that I call chicken cheese to feed the chicks, but EVERYONE likes that, not just the chicks and chickens. The dogs and cats love it, so I have to spend time outside guarding the stuff from the bigger critters so the baby chicks get a belly full before the rest can clean it up. It's a madhouse around here. ;)

But I do have a nice two pound mozzarella in the fridge, and a two pound cheddar air drying in the cheese cabinet right now, which will need to be waxed in the next day or two. I've also got half a gallon (and adding to it) of the most beautiful, thick cream imaginable that needs to be churned into butter. It's the consistency of thick sour cream... mmmmm... so yeah, I have all that to do in my spare time. The floors in this house are FILTHY. The last time I vacuumed was before the calves arrived. But no matter my intentions, the milk keeps coming. I could pour it out on the ground and save myself a lot of work, but I can't bring myself to actually do that. It's too precious to pour out. I could put a gallon in the dogs' water pot (they LOVE milk), but that's only one gallon. I have lots more than that! LOL!

Our weather is about to turn, too. Looks like Thursday night it's supposed to get down to 35, which will kill the tomato/pepper/squash/basil plants, so I need to get those taken care of ASAP. Friday night's low is supposed to be 32, and Saturday night is forecast to be 30, so I guess that's it. Summer is over and fall has officially started.

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dale, I took the day "off" yesterday. I still had plenty to do, but I did NOT stand for hours in the kitchen. I used to be able to do that with no problem, but I guess my back muscles aren't what they used to be. I was having really bad spasms after the tomato canning session the day before. I had some valerian before bed last night to hopefully relax the last of it away, and it's much better this morning, so I'll be back on the tomatoes today. My problem is I'm bringing in an average of two gallons of milk each morning, and we drink less than half of that during the day. I used to drink a gallon a day all by myself, but having that icky store-bought stuff the last ten months, I got out of the habit. So I have a surplus of milk, and I'm only taking HALF of Cricket's milk in the morning, her calf gets the other half and the rest of the day's production as well. Little Evelyn is a very fat and happy girl. :D

Anyway, what that means is I've got a lot of milk chores to do as well as everything else. I've finally got a mature clabber culture, so I'm doing a batch of clabber every morning to feed the garage cats (trying to save on the cat food bill...), and I can start making bigger batches now as well, for the chickens, plus I make a panir that I call chicken cheese to feed the chicks, but EVERYONE likes that, not just the chicks and chickens. The dogs and cats love it, so I have to spend time outside guarding the stuff from the bigger critters so the baby chicks get a belly full before the rest can clean it up. It's a madhouse around here. ;)

But I do have a nice two pound mozzarella in the fridge, and a two pound cheddar air drying in the cheese cabinet right now, which will need to be waxed in the next day or two. I've also got half a gallon (and adding to it) of the most beautiful, thick cream imaginable that needs to be churned into butter. It's the consistency of thick sour cream... mmmmm... so yeah, I have all that to do in my spare time. The floors in this house are FILTHY. The last time I vacuumed was before the calves arrived. But no matter my intentions, the milk keeps coming. I could pour it out on the ground and save myself a lot of work, but I can't bring myself to actually do that. It's too precious to pour out. I could put a gallon in the dogs' water pot (they LOVE milk), but that's only one gallon. I have lots more than that! LOL!

Our weather is about to turn, too. Looks like Thursday night it's supposed to get down to 35, which will kill the tomato/pepper/squash/basil plants, so I need to get those taken care of ASAP. Friday night's low is supposed to be 32, and Saturday night is forecast to be 30, so I guess that's it. Summer is over and fall has officially started.
Say Lannie if you want you could send some of that milk to me and Sarah it wouldn't even last three days with us we love milk here. I would even be willing to send you some money if the price is right

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I assume you are talking about the calico in the back of the box and not the silver tabby up front. The one on my shoulder (Lannie named her Peanut) is three months old, but is such a runt that she is only about the physical size of a normal 5-6 week old kitten. I hope that, when she gets over this super bad runny nose problem, she will resume normal growth rate, but if she stays small, that will be OK too. We do not discriminate. Peanut is also a feral (born in the garage) that decided she liked us petting her and moved herself into the house. She follows me everywhere and Lannie even tells me she cries when she can't find me.
Our cats are barn cats. I obtained from a farm. Little did I know they are very needy and a bit on the wild side. I live in a village so from 5 and 1/2 weeks I started leash training them. They need outside time. Hubs built a play area for them off of the downstairs bathroom. They can go out and view even in the winter. He built plexi glass add on's to the area. These two will be my last cats. They are 9 years old now. I might do fostering when I get older..IDK yet.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Wow, wow, Lannie....your making my mouth water talking about mozzarella cheese, now I wish I had a cow (just kidding about the cow)...:teehee:

Certainly sounds like you and Rich have your hands full...I was looking at the weather guessers predictions for your area next week....possible SNOW, I hope they are dead wrong and it's 70F with sunshine....:)

Hope you can get all the goodies picked from the garden in the coming week, it's going downhill fast. It seems like we were just talking about planting a couple weeks ago....now the summer is shot, snow on the way.....damn, the older I get, the faster the time flies....:(

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was looking at the weather guessers predictions for your area next week....possible SNOW, I hope they are dead wrong and it's 70F with sunshine....
And just the other day their forecast was for it to get WARMER during the week, and now it is gonna be below freezing! Sheesh!!!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Rich....hope you had a decent day.
Guess the w-guessers are just flipping coins?
Well, we kinda know the weather guessers have their heads up their asses... very old discussion...
Was overcast most of the day here, pretty decent actually. I could take more days like this.
Was only 39 degrees this morning when we went out for chores. I am not acclimatizing very well, so had to wear my heavy winter coat and gloves.

Later (and in a lighter jacket) I went out and picked the remainder of the ripe tomatoes. Had to throw many over the fence to the chickens because they were split and we'll lose the green ones that aren't even close to ripe yet. Tried to help Lannie peel the 'maters while she was going 37 different directions all at once (you already got her story this morning, so this is just additional data).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening my Old Phart Friends, just a quick pass through on my way to go soak then bed, still ain't getting much sleep
Hi Jimi....damn I wish you could sleep.

Is the brain working overtime, not allowing you to sleep?....I know that's my problem most of the time, but lately I been sleeping pretty good for some odd reason, perhaps working my ass off?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wonder if their just looking at an outdated Farmers Almanac?
All Farmers' Almanacs are outdated. They are not predictions at all, but restatements of climate statistics made to look like astrology (this is the way it was once before, so it is likely to be that way again).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, we kinda know the weather guessers have their heads up their asses... very old discussion...

Was only 39 degrees this morning when we went out for chores. I am not acclimatizing very well, so had to wear my heavy winter coat and gloves.
Later (and in a lighter jacket) I went out and picked the remainder of the ripe tomatoes. Had to throw many over the fence to the chickens because they were split and we'll lose the green ones that aren't even close to ripe yet. Tried to help Lannie peel the 'maters while she was going 37 different directions all at once (you already got her story this morning, so this is just additional data).
That is drastic difference in temperature, so fast...!

Hard for anyone to acclimate to that.

VU Sponsors