Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We inspected two restaurants today for sale side-by-side...meaning the same building.

I finished the report before dinner this evening. I call the buyer telling him I found termite damage on the wall by the restrooms, he needs to call a termite inspector to get a treatment cost....he said he didn't know where the restrooms are.....hasn't seen the property.

Hard to imagine someone having so much money to blow, they buy shit just from pictures a realtor sends him, spending millions.

I told him to read the report, if he had any questions to call me tomorrow. He said he was going to Europe for a few weeks, if he had any questions he'd call when he returns.......:giggle:

Just shook my head, told him to have fun.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is a first for me, and I've had health insurance my entire adult life....meaning a LONG time....:rolleyes:
Trying to fit the logic bits together... lived in Podunk and my doc had a small office that had no specialized equipment, so he'd send you over to the local hospital for an Xray, but their scheduling worked different than his, so it might take a couple days to get seen. If he wanted an MRI, you'd get sent to a bigger hospital in Bumfuck and their scheduling said it would be 3-4 weeks and if all those different places didn't coordinate right, nothing ever got done when it was supposed to. Nowadays, I see only the VA and they have ALL the fancy equipment in one huge building and all those departments work under one scheduler, so even if I have to wait a few weeks for something to happen, it is very unlikely to not happen when they said it would.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If my doctor orders an MRI, it's for a reason, not just shits and giggles, and I know their expensive....but for someone with no gallbladder and half a pancreas, when you have excruciating stomach pain, it's a pretty good sign something is wrong. Therefore I believe the girls at the MRI joint forgot to get the insurance company permission until late today, when they were CLOSED for the day on the east coast.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I told him to read the report, if he had any questions to call me tomorrow. He said he was going to Europe for a few weeks, if he had any questions he'd call when he returns...
I cannot even imagine having that kind of money that my business dealings can just damn well wait on my leisure activities...
If my doctor orders an MRI, it's for a reason, not just shits and giggles, and I know their expensive....but for someone with no gallbladder and half a pancreas, when you have excruciating stomach pain, it's a pretty good sign something is wrong. Therefore I believe the girls at the MRI joint forgot to get the insurance company permission until late today, when they were CLOSED for the day on the east coast.
Well, in your case, maybe it wasn't multiple schedulers, but bear in mind, these girls really don't care about you and doing their job was getting in the way of their Twitter posts, so you just have to wait until they get around to it, and by the time they did, it was too late, but why should they care about some old guy who might die when they want the latest hunk on "Fuck with the Stars" to give them a cheap thrill and... Well, you get the picture. I really do wish that Smart phones had never been invented and Fuckerberg could just shove Facebutt up his ass.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I cannot even imagine having that kind of money that my business dealings can just damn well wait on my leisure activities...

Well, in your case, maybe it wasn't multiple schedulers, but bear in mind, these girls really don't care about you and doing their job was getting in the way of their Twitter posts, so you just have to wait until they get around to it, and by the time they did, it was too late, but why should they care about some old guy who might die when they want the latest hunk on "Fuck with the Stars" to give them a cheap thrill and... Well, you get the picture. I really do wish that Smart phones had never been invented and Fuckerberg could just shove Facebutt up his ass.
I'm right behind you on the phone gig.....:gaah::cuss2::gaah:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No MRI tomorrow, may as well head up to the grand canyon....leaves should be turning by now.
But most of the trees up there are junipers or pines, which don't change color (much). Of course, there's a lot of deciduous trees between Flag and GC, which makes for a gorgeous drive. We sure have a lot of yellow and orange happening here now and seems like it all started in one night. Poof! Green one day, yellow the next. Damn!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But most of the trees up there are junipers or pines, which don't change color (much). Of course, there's a lot of deciduous trees between Flag and GC, which makes for a gorgeous drive. We sure have a lot of yellow and orange happening here now and seems like it all started in one night. Poof! Green one day, yellow the next. Damn!
Yeah, that's what I kinda meant....although there are lots of cottonwood trees by the river.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Was supposed to have an MRI tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM....at 4:30 this afternoon the girl from the hospital calls, says she hasn't received a GO from my insurance company "doctor" to pay for the scan.

You ever hear of anything like that in your life? The insurance company "Doctor"?

I assume the dumb bastards forgot to submit my doctors request for an MRI to my insurance company until late this afternoon, when the damn place was probably already closed for the day on the right-coast.....unbelievable...!

Possibly the lowest life form on planet earth - supposed healers who took the Hippocratic oath who pimp themselves out to insurance companies and get paid to DENY patients health care if at all possible - without ever looking you in the eye or laying a hand on you

These human shit stains have less conscious than lawyers and child molesters and loan sharks have better ethics, morals and standards :mad:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I'm hitting the sack...heading to the canyon in the morning, then take a left and hit vegas too.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, that's what I kinda meant....although there are lots of cottonwood trees by the river.
Which river? The Colorado? Let's see. if I remember right, the elevation at Grand Canyon Village is 7,000 feet MSL and the Colorado right down from Bright Angel Trail is about 2,500 MSL (near Phantom Ranch) so unless you take the hike, there is not a very good view of those trees. I think I'll save the hike and just look at my own Cottonwoods... :D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had an investor from Japan call me at 6:00 this morning, thought I was having a nightmare.....anyway, he wanted a 100K SF building inspected asap for his lender....I got my ass out of bed, wrote a proposal, by 7:00 AM I had a signed agreement. I drove to the property, it looks in better condition than what I could see on Google earth....so much for the short vacation....work eat sleep....rinse-repeat....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like you are too popular to ever get a day off. Will GF's visitor visa expire before you find time to go to EC? ;)
Nope...good for 6 months.....I HOPE to go with her in a couple weeks.....fingers crossed, Rich.

I like making money, but I also like living, working seven days a week isn't living as far as I'm concerned.

Have other people working for me, I just need to get it in my head I can trust them for an extended period of time without fucking up my companies....I'm at that point now I believe.... just need to say to myself... Do It....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
working seven days a week isn't living as far as I'm concerned.
AHA! I knew I was doing something wrong... :)

Have other people working for me, I just need to get it in my head I can trust them for an extended period of time without fucking up my companies
So, is there one guy who you trust to manage everyone else while you are not there? Doesn't matter if he is actually doing the inspections, but can he do all the paperwork and keep eveyone else on track? If not, hire me. :D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AHA! I knew I was doing something wrong... :)

So, is there one guy who you trust to manage everyone else while you are not there? Doesn't matter if he is actually doing the inspections, but can he do all the paperwork and keep eveyone else on track? If not, hire me. :D
I can do the job bidding anywhere in the world, as long as there is internet. Yes, I have a guy who can do all the things necessary....just seems like we been getting some damn big jobs lately, which isn't really unusual for the end of the year, people investing instead of paying more taxes.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The ole body recoup any?
A tiny bit, but it seems where there is improvement, there is also setback. Not a friggin' clue what I did, but the right bicep seems to be burning and hurts like hell when I try to lift something. Honest, I do not recall putting any strain on it at all. Oh well...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A tiny bit, but it seems where there is improvement, there is also setback. Not a friggin' clue what I did, but the right bicep seems to be burning and hurts like hell when I try to lift something. Honest, I do not recall putting any strain on it at all. Oh well...
Your falling apart Rich....wish you could take it easy (or easier?) for a LONG time.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd die of boredom too, but some of the shit you do are things I wouldn't do even if I was bored out of my mind.
I guess it all depends on what you're used to. Back in Orygun, with rare exception, even my leisure time activities were hard hitting: climb mountains, hike many miles, ski (both alpine and nordic), walk miles through the wilderness pretending to be hunting (while secretly just taking pictures with a rifle over my shoulder). The idea of just sitting on the deck and doing nothing wasn't even a possibility. To NOT do that, we brought out the telescopes to look for distant galaxies or something so we were engaged in at least an intellectual pursuit when there was nothing physical to do. Traded all that for cows now...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just made a banana smoothie, damn I like them....store bought bananas tho.....mine should be ripe in a few months, can't wait to eat real fruit.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, closing on midnight here and there is this super tiny calico pussy begging me to snuggle her, so guess I'm gonna hit the hay.
Have fun sucking those bananas, but not too many 'cause ya don't wanna gain too much weight. :rolleyes:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How was life on the homestead today?
Well, let's see... WEIRD. The day started with a thunderstorm at Oh-Dark-Thirty with heavy rain and it was only 48 degrees. The day lightened to drizzle and fog, then stayed overcast and misting on us off and on all day. The HIGH temperature today was 54, although the forecast claimed it would be 65 (blew it again, didn't they?). Now, given they claim the low tonight will be 37, but that was based on the high being 65, which turned out to be 11 degrees colder than their stupid forecast, I am guessing that tomorrow morning may well be first frost, which means most everything not already picked in the garden will be dead. So I grabbed the biggest bowl we own and went out there and filled it with tomatoes, which may have come to 20 pounds but by the time this old phart carried it back to the house, I was sure it weighed 100 pounds. I then tried to help Lannie can them, but being a tad slow and not seeing too well (trying to peel them after a brief boil and not doing it well enough), she took over and finished. So we have six quarts canned and a few more to chew on. I might be able to rescue a few more tomorrow if she is in the canning mood, but there are other things beside tomatoes that might need to be rescued. SIGH...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, but because it is so flat, it is easy for those evil Canadians to send illegal immigrants (arctic blue tongues) rushing headlong down the plains...

VU Sponsors