Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone home tonight?..............:vino:
I think I am. Then again, I might be dead and this is just one of those spirit fantasies... OH, WAIT!
There is an itsy bitsy teenie weenie tiny calico pussy sitting on my shoulder trying to nurse my ear lobe. She's the smallest (runt) of one of the feral garage batches who has decided she loves having me pet her and has chosen to move into the house and sit on me a lot. So, unless that also is a fantasy of some sort, I am probably here tonight.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How you feeling, better I hope?
I might have improved another half a percent, but hardly noticeable. I tried a lidocaine patch last night and it did absolutely nothing. Either the source of the pain was too deep or the patch was old enough that the lidocaine was no longer viable.
Anything bizarre happen on the homestead today?
Not that I noticed. Lannie managed to get both baby calves in the stall together tonight without either of the mommies throwing a hissy fit, so that might count... :rolleyes:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might have improved another half a percent, but hardly noticeable. I tried a lidocaine patch last night and it did absolutely nothing. Either the source of the pain was too deep or the patch was old enough that the lidocaine was no longer viable.

Not that I noticed. Lannie managed to get both baby calves in the stall together tonight without either of the mommies throwing a hissy fit, so that might count... :rolleyes:
Sounds like a decent day.....except for the pain.

Weather been good?....it's finally cooling off here....70's at night finally. May even open the windows to celebrate.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Weather been good?....it's finally cooling off here....70's at night finally. May even open the windows to celebrate.
Let's see... It was 92 and sunny yesterday. Partly cloudy and mid-80s today (WAG - never looked at thermometer today).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I spoke to soon....just looked at the forecast....SOB....:headbang:

upload_2018-9-13_21-44-22.png

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the average temp is about 100-102 for the middle of the month....that extra 5-8 degrees makes or breaks it for me. I don't mind 100 at all with low humidity. Thank god the monsoon season is over with....couldn't take another month of that.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know you hate cats, but Peanut (that baby calico) is sitting on my lap now staring up at the computer screen and when I stop typing or don't move the mouse around, she turns her head and looks at me as if to say, "Daddy, it quit. Make it move again." Really cute.
Find a mouse or rat running across the screen.....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Find a mouse or rat running across the screen.....:)
I don't think she is big enough to know about mice yet. She is only aware of what gets put in her food bowl every day. But she is very intently watching the computer screen and/or the TV. Obviously the movements are keeping her occupied.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Need to exit stage right....gotta an early appointment in the morning, and another before lunch....gonna be a freaking miserable day if the temp reaches what their saying.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think she is big enough to know about mice yet. She is only aware of what gets put in her food bowl every day. But she is very intently watching the computer screen and/or the TV. Obviously the movements are keeping her occupied.
Yeah I'm sure anything bouncing across the screen would get her attention.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Need to exit stage right....gotta an early appointment in the morning, and another before lunch....gonna be a freaking miserable day if the temp reaches what their saying.
G'night Dale hope it doesn't get as bad as they say my friend

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
G'nite, Dale. Try to take it easy tomorrow. I think Peanut and I are gonna go snuggle a pillow in a few minutes.
Nitey nite to Jimi too.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi! Hi all you old pharts! I'm only here for a minute. Have to interview tomorrow for a non nurse job. Yep, you heard it. I'm quitting nursing. I have had it. I told my adult son today if I can no longer care for myself let me die. It doesn't matter where you work. Healthcare is a corrupt and a dangerous job. I have to much passion to continue. No one can win against a corporation seeking only profit. The losers are the patients (sadly) Okay, I've said enough. You all have a great night!.
Didn't get the job..I think they wanted a younger version of me. Being older I am quite aware of ageism being utilized. However, no biggie. I'm looking and still have a crummy job.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It was 92 and sunny yesterday. Partly cloudy and mid-80s today (WAG - never looked at thermometer today).
Lannie tells me I was wrong on both of those. The 92 was actually 94 and the mid-80s was actually 75. Guess I am just too old to remember yesterday. I actually looked at the thermometer today. The high was 66 and it was overcast all day with a feeling of raindrops (never saw rain, but it felt like it). Had to wear a jacket outside.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie tells me I was wrong on both of those. The 92 was actually 94 and the mid-80s was actually 75. Guess I am just too old to remember yesterday. I actually looked at the thermometer today. The high was 66 and it was overcast all day with a feeling of raindrops (never saw rain, but it felt like it). Had to wear a jacket outside.
It was 111F on my truck thermometer on the way to my office at 7:00 tonight....oh what a long HOT 12-hr day.

We inspected two buildings today, should have saved one for tomorrow, oh well, their done....just need to write up the capital improvement costs tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OUCH!

Ya know, I really miss doing the "official paperwork" at the end of a job. Compared to the high tech I used to work in, playing farmer often leaves something to be desired.....
How was your day overall....good I hope.

Are the cows and calves doing alright?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How was your day overall....good I hope.
Well, I didn't lay around as long as the past few days, but really didn't get shit done either. I really have to build up an attitude to overcome this pain bullshit.
Are the cows and calves doing alright?
Evelyn (Cricket's baby) had a slight fever this morning and didn't want to suck Cricket's milk, so Lannie had to milk twice today (we do a thing called "calf sharing" where we get the milk in the morning and the calf gets it the rest of the day). Evelyn should be better by tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I didn't lay around as long as the past few days, but really didn't get shit done either. I really have to build up an attitude to overcome this pain bullshit.

Evelyn (Cricket's baby) had a slight fever this morning and didn't want to suck Cricket's milk, so Lannie had to milk twice today (we do a thing called "calf sharing" where we get the milk in the morning and the calf gets it the rest of the day). Evelyn should be better by tomorrow.
Please take it easy for a few days, it may HELP a little.

Glad to hear the herd is doing well....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm getting this incredible pain back in my stomach - pancreas or - ?????

Who the hell knows. Just know it's very annoying and hurts like hell.

MRI on Tuesday morning....couldn't find any other joint to do an MRI sooner.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please take it easy for a few days, it may HELP a little.
You sound like my wife. :) My problem is that I cannot just stand around when things need to be done, so I often overdo it when I shouldn't (as you and she both say).
Who the hell knows. Just know it's very annoying and hurts like hell.
Well, to quote a friend of mine, "Please take it easy for a few days, it may HELP a little." :teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You sound like my wife. :) My problem is that I cannot just stand around when things need to be done, so I often overdo it when I shouldn't (as you and she both say).

Well, to quote a friend of mine, "Please take it easy for a few days, it may HELP a little." :teehee:
LMAO.....yeah yeah yeah.......:teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Although, our work habits are quite similar. I can't stop either. My hurt doesn't feel any better laying around or sitting at a desk....seems like working takes my mind off any hurt....till I stop work.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just popped a 40mg Oxy about 30 minutes ago, the hurt is slowing dwindling......:wave:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi...that link I sent a couple hours ago is for next month, correct?

I was reading some of the comments in the post about TTAC....several were asking if it starts in an hour.....either my eyes are bad, or that pill took my train of thought away.

VU Sponsors