Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Enjoy the moment.
Could you answer a question for me and Sarah she is trying to mix her own juice but she has already put 18% flavor in her vg/pg and nicotine base and still doesn't taste her flavor she is making a 120ml bottle how much more flavor should she add

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Could you answer a question for me and Sarah she is trying to mix her own juice but she has already put 18% flavor in her vg/pg and nicotine base and still doesn't taste her flavor she is making a 120ml bottle how much more flavor should she add

What recipe is she following?

Some recipes need to steep awhile before the flavor comes out, also

If you are just mixing a bunch of flavors together and hoping it will taste good, chances of success are very spotty

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you are just mixing a bunch of flavors together and hoping it will taste good, chances of success are very spotty
She is doing one flavor apricot concentrate to a 50%vg/50%pg 24mg nicotine for a 120ml bottle

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

One flavor. Apricot. Added to a PG/VG mixture with a nicotine strength of 24. With 13 ml of flavor, I cannot taste it, after I let it sit for 2 days. I added another 5 ml of flavor today.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
She is doing one flavor apricot concentrate to a 50%vg/50%pg 24mg nicotine for a 120ml bottle

She should probably be closer to 2.5 - 5 % flavoring, depending on the brand. Brand does make a huge difference.

Too much can sometimes mute flavor, believe it or not

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Vape Mall flavor concentrate.

Hmm, don't know that brand, it is probably bulk bought from one of the big flavor makers and repackaged under that name

I know MFS brand is rebottled TFA; Mt Baker flavors are repackaged FW

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, don't know that brand, it is probably bulk bought from one of the big flavor makers and repackaged under that name

I know MFS brand is rebottled TFA; Mt Baker flavors are repackaged FW
It may be. The site says nothing about where they got it from.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It seems to me that saving recipes posted on the forum should be super simple. Open a Word document and leave it open in the background while reading the recipes thread. When you find one you want to keep, swipe across it and CTRL-C (copy), then click the Word doc, place your cursor where you want it to appear and CTRL-V (paste). Done. To post those recipes you already have saved, do the above (copy from Word and paste in the thread), then hit Post Reply. Piece of cake.

Or did I miss something important?
I was thinking about the same, or close to the same app their using at ELR to figure out weight, when mixing. I understand a chimp can copy and paste....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Buying new furniture has to be the worst investment anyone could make, in my opinion anyway.

Now I can understand buying a good recliner which usually lasts 10-20yrs....but the rest...not so much.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Buying new furniture has to be the worst investment anyone could make, in my opinion anyway.

Now I can understand buying a good recliner which usually lasts 10-20yrs....but the rest...not so much.
The last new furniture I got was a chest of drawers. Still got it after more than 20 years, even tho the slider tracks wore out in the first year.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the only things I've bought new besides recliners are beds....doubt I'd get a good night sleep on a used mattress.

With blood stains here and there.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We inspected a consignment shop about a year ago....there were two guys in the back trying to bleach blood stains and others unbeknownst to me (stains), out of the fabric.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the only things I've bought new besides recliners are beds....doubt I'd get a good night sleep on a used mattress.

With blood stains here and there.
Oh, I got a new mattress and box spring a few years ago. The frame, headboard, and footboard don't hafta be new, unless they are really bad.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So who do I ask to remove it? I have totally forgotten who put it there in the first place...

Don't we all spill a bit of blood now and then?
So who do I ask to remove it? I have totally forgotten who put it there in the first place...

Don't we all spill a bit of blood now and then?

You have to ask Joe or Smokie.

I don't recall ever shedding blood in bed, nor wanting someone else's.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rained like hell again last night for about two minutes. Today the temp was in the upper 80's. Guess all the rain is finally cooling off the heat radiating from all the rocks boulders and rocky mountains.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rained like hell again last night for about two minutes.
Here's a funny one for you: Yesterday the forecast was for clear and NO chance of rain. That was as of midnight before I turned the computer off. By 4:00 AM Lannie heard the thunder, then the rain started. It was still raining when I got up and the forecast still said clear with 0% chance of precipitation. But by noon, the clouds started moving off and the rain quit. I checked the weather forecast again and they had changed it to "thunderstorms and 50% chance of rain." AFTER THE FACT! Sky cleared and no more rain until about 11 PM.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's a funny one for you: Yesterday the forecast was for clear and NO chance of rain. That was as of midnight before I turned the computer off. By 4:00 AM Lannie heard the thunder, then the rain started. It was still raining when I got up and the forecast still said clear with 0% chance of precipitation. But by noon, the clouds started moving off and the rain quit. I checked the weather forecast again and they had changed it to "thunderstorms and 50% chance of rain." AFTER THE FACT! Sky cleared and no more rain until about 11 PM.
That's good rationale for the weather service, 50% of 100% ain't bad....they do the same here. Only 20% means heavy flooding, 100% doubt we get any. But if I was a troll weatherman, I'd stick with 50% chance, every day.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never been banged up actually. Most of my day is sitting at the computer in the office. Haven't hurt myself doing that (yet), but who knows, anything is possible.
I guess I have blood stains on the mattress because I have always taken chances... you know, that "climb every mountain" bullshit. And cut trees (they can cut back if you don't get out of the way quick enough) and wang on things in the shop... chain saws, table saws, band saws, saber saws, jig saws... sooner or later, you're gonna get cut. The list goes on forever.... OH! And then there's things like having my legs cut off to get new titanium knee joints installed (this body has had dozens of bloody operations). Even now that I am a really oldt phart and no longer climb mountains and swing from trees (like those chimps who copy and paste bananas) :) I still have a philosophy that if I don't bleed a little every day, I'm simply not working hard enough. Sooner or later, some of that leaks onto the mattress.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was up at Flagstaff this morning to figure out why lighting circuits and contactors were overheating at that growing joint we inspected a few months ago. They had their company sparky there at the facility. I think the labor might be indulging in their products during work hours.

Without taking the thermal imaging camera out of the truck, I noticed 14ga wire attached to 20 amp breakers, drawing 16.5 amps. When I did bring in the TI cam, it was showing 198F at the cable insulation.....unbelievable.

There were five guys there trying to figure this out...blows my mind. BUT, they paid $1,200 bucks for me to looks at wires for 30 minutes. I was home before noon....:teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I have blood stains on the mattress because I have always taken chances... you know, that "climb every mountain" bullshit. And cut trees (they can cut back if you don't get out of the way quick enough) and wang on things in the shop... chain saws, table saws, band saws, saber saws, jig saws... sooner or later, you're gonna get cut. The list goes on forever.... OH! And then there's things like having my legs cut off to get new titanium knee joints installed (this body has had dozens of bloody operations). Even now that I am a really oldt phart and no longer climb mountains and swing from trees (like those chimps who copy and paste bananas) :) I still have a philosophy that if I don't bleed a little every day, I'm simply not working hard enough. Sooner or later, some of that leaks onto the mattress.
Oh I'm sure anyone living on a homestead has bled a time or three. I was talking about buying a used mattress with blood stains....just not my cup-o-tea....:oops:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I noticed 14ga wire attached to 20 amp breakers, drawing 16.5 amps.
Damn! I thought everyone knew that 14 ga wire is only good for 15 Amps maximum, and a 20 Amp breaker requires 12 ga wire (you can use 12,10, 8... but NOT 14 ga in a 20 Amp circuit). Overheating and, eventually, a fire is likely from such bad wiring practices.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure anyone living on a homestead has bled a time or three
Back in the day... (heavy sigh) ... when I was an office worker (you know, all the electronic engineering stuff, weather man stuff, etc.), I still spent my weekends up the mountains, down the cliffs, skiing the black diamonds, spelunking the caves... yes, even as an office type with no cows or horses, I routinely got bruised and bloody. It's just the way I lived...

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've done my share of bleeding, and am still able to control cuts bleeding to certain extent. My side of the bed is bloodfree. Phillip's side, however, has it's share of blood stains.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I view furniture as a consumable not an investment.
Kinda like clothes?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was up at Flagstaff this morning to figure out why lighting circuits and contactors were overheating at that weed growing joint we inspected a few months ago. They had their company sparky there at the facility. I think the labor might be indulging in their products during work hours.

Without taking the thermal imaging camera out of the truck, I noticed 14ga wire attached to 20 amp breakers, drawing 16.5 amps. When I did bring in the TI cam, it was showing 198F at the cable insulation.....unbelievable.

There were five guys there trying to figure this out...blows my mind. BUT, they paid $1,200 bucks for me to looks at wires for 30 minutes. I was home before noon....:teehee:

For my wiring all is 12 ga if it has a receptacle on it. I will use 14ga for lighting only circuits, but calculate the load as if all bulbs in the fixtures were 100w incandescent and go for an absolute max of 12 amps if everything is on.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For my wiring all is 12 ga if it has a receptacle on it. I will use 14ga for lighting only circuits, but calculate the load as if all bulbs in the fixtures were 100w incandescent and go for an absolute max of 12 amps if everything is on.
A business building just down the road just went through remodelling. I got the conduit they were getting rid of. I could not believe they had stranded wire in it, when the place was a burger joint. That stuff was 16ga at best. I put 12ga through it when I used the conduit for lighting and incidentals for outdoors.

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If anyone has any apple, peach, or any fruit tree wood they want to get rid of you could send it to me

VU Sponsors