Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe they are an insurance company - one that takes care of extended warranties. I never buy that because electronics stuff (hasty generalization here) either works or it doesn't; that is, if it will last 90 days (the store warranty), it will last a few years. I have had things die after Walmart's 90 days and taken them back to the store and made it quite plain to their manager how many thousands of dollars they would lose each year by alienating me and I got a replacement unit on the spot.
Yes they are an extended warranty place. I am glad i had the extended warranty cause it's been 10 months now and was bought at walmart.com really doubt if they would of made good on it

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
walmart.com really doubt if they would of made good on it
You are right, the online folks do not negotiate - they do not know you and they do not give a rat's ass if you come back or not. The local store managers do, so even if I want something from walmart.com, it will get picked up at the local store so I have their receipt.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
G'nite Dale. Guess it is time for all us old pharts to get some shut eye. Don't work too hard tomorrow.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to catch up on the cleaning today. Ha! Slow motion here due to a slight work hangover. I'm trying to build tolerance towards working more hours. However, with the dam autoimmune liver disease the fatigue is a killer at times. I usually ignore it and push though the day! :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying to catch up on the cleaning today. Ha! Slow motion here due to a slight work hangover. I'm trying to build tolerance towards working more hours. However, with the dam autoimmune liver disease the fatigue is a killer at times. I usually ignore it and push though the day! :)
Hang in there and take care of your self.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beautiful day here low 80's and slightly overcast with fairly dry air (for here).
Perfect for working outside...
So of course the wife had other plans....
She will not remember any of this when she asks me why it is taking so long to remove trees, debris, etc and fix the end of the house....
Had to go somewhere 7 out of the last 7 days and 4 of those were trips to the big city...
couple of days had 2 trips...

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hotter than hell here in SE WI! The whole summer has been a hot one so far. Unusual for this area. It will switch with no signs of fall and go to winter with a blink of an eye.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hotter than hell here in SE WI! The whole summer has been a hot one so far. Unusual for this area. It will switch with no signs of fall and go to winter with a blink of an eye.
Looking at the weather, I know it's been a helluva lot hotter in WI than it used to be. When I was growing up, everyone headed indoors if the thermometer got anywhere near the 90 degree mark. Folks wouldn't even go fishing if it got that hot.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Und zee Oktoberfest is at der end of da munth... 'bout six years ago, we had an UNforecast blizzard the second weekend of October that killed 100,000 cows (and a couple people) in this state. All the animals were still on summer pastures -- no protection from that kind of weather.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Und zee Oktoberfest is at der end of da munth... 'bout six years ago, we had an UNforecast blizzard the second weekend of October that killed 100,000 cows (and a couple people) in this state. All the animals were still on summer pastures -- no protection from that kind of weather.
When I was 13, I went for a hike in the woods. It was 70°. Just a couple hours later it was snowing, in Oconomowoc, WI.

How do ya like that for a quick weather change?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I was 13, I went for a hike in the woods. It was 70°. Just a couple hours later it was snowing, in Oconomowoc, WI.

How do ya like that for a quick weather change?
When I went to nursing school I traveled 50 miles to school. I carpooled with another nursing student. I kid you not. The son was shining and it was about 55 degrees. Then out of the blue came a instant snow storm. It was crazy. (Dodge County WI)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was 90 degrees last night, ice rocks the size of quarters falling from the sky.
In Iowa, I've seen a storm move in so fast and furious, we got hail the size of golf balls in a flash.
Seen worse in Texas. 98°, and hail the size of softballs. When it was over, we threw the hailstones around just for fun. They melted away in just 2 hours.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anything bizarre happen on the homestead?

I enjoy listening to your greif at times, makes me feel less concerned about my grief .....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I couldn't help myself, I had to look it up. One Israeli new Sheckle is $0.27 US.
Anything bizarre happen on the homestead?
Pretty much just sitting around recovering from the heat, but we had a north wind today of about 30 mph all day and I think we only hit 87 °F.
Got a new fixit item to add to the list, however. One of the horses smashed the shit out of the corral gate and I suspect I am going to have to build a new one from scratch. They are out eating the lawn at the moment, so at least that will cut down on my mowing, even though they will leave a lot of shit to pick up.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well Rich, are those posts in the ground you been "talking" about?.....:giggle:
Probably Wednesday. Supposed to cool down a bit (afternoon thunderstorms in the forecast) and it is gonna take both of us to drill the post holes (this old body probably won't be able to handle that gas-powered auger alone).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't help myself, I had to look it up. One Israeli new Sheckle is $0.27 US.

Pretty much just sitting around recovering from the heat, but we had a north wind today of about 30 mph all day and I think we only hit 87 °F.
Got a new fixit item to add to the list, however. One of the horses smashed the shit out of the corral gate and I suspect I am going to have to build a new one from scratch. They are out eating the lawn at the moment, so at least that will cut down on my mowing, even though they will leave a lot of shit to pick up.
You ride the horses?....or are they ornaments?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. We don't even try to sell anything for profit. This is purely a hobby farm - negative return on investment. And there ain't anybody for a hundred miles that would buy any of our stuff anyway.
I just picked the first video, he's not into selling shit really, him and his wife have some good recipes.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You shittin' me? YouTube actually pays all the wackos who make silly-ass "look at me" videos? I thought they were all doing that crap to get their 15 minutes of fame.
Nope...if you get enough followers or hits, they pay well. If you ever get a million hits on a video, you get 100K cash.

VU Sponsors