Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you know how much flavor to put in juice Sarah went by what she was told but can't taste anything

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you know how much flavor to put in juice Sarah went by what she was told but can't taste anything
I go loiw percentages maybe 5-10 % is usual for me.

However in my DIY experimentation I have found some flavors seem to be hard for most people to taste. Strawberry being one.
Andria loves her Shisha Strawberry I can taste it just some chemical taste with a bare hint of strawberry, and that was tried at 1% in in a few steps up 20 over 15% if I recall correctly.
I persojally have trouble tasting much proper flavor of many flavorings. TFA seems to be a bad brand overall for me. Also some even cause me to get all sore in my mouth and throat and even lungs.

Yeah I am strange... Bummer because it severly limits my vape juice options.

Ohh and I was in the basement a while ago and keyboard is upstairs.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess what I am trying to say is that typical bought juice often runs around 25% flavroing and such.
But people react differently to different flavorings and some have more sensitive buds?
And some like me have the bitter gene.

So you just have to figure what works best for you.
When single flavor testing I usually start at 1%, shake well and let sit a day then test. And increase flavoring % or not as my tastes dictate.

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I go loiw percentages maybe 5-10 % is usual for me.

However in my DIY experimentation I have found some flavors seem to be hard for most people to taste. Strawberry being one.
Andria loves her Shisha Strawberry I can taste it just some chemical taste with a bare hint of strawberry, and that was tried at 1% in in a few steps up 20 over 15% if I recall correctly.
I persojally have trouble tasting much proper flavor of many flavorings. TFA seems to be a bad brand overall for me. Also some even cause me to get all sore in my mouth and throat and even lungs.

Yeah I am strange... Bummer because it severly limits my vape juice options.

Ohh and I was in the basement a while ago and keyboard is upstairs.
Well the flavor she is using is apricot and at 18%she still can't taste it

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the flavor she is using is apricot and at 18%she still can't taste it
I have not found an apricot I can use, but then I am strange..

Is it in PG or VG?
Straight VG slows down the flavoring blending and such aka steeping and typically requires more flavoring.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Inspected a dental clinic this morning, was done working at about noon. Simple job.....:vino:

Then the guy at the Toyota dealership called, so I bought another Toyota Tundra today, couldn't resist the end of year pricing.... only drove the last one into a storage container. The GF is enjoying it tho......:)

Now I actually have the one I was originally looking for, crew cab, 4x4, barcelona red with grey interior.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have not found an apricot I can use, but then I am strange..

Is it in PG or VG?
Straight VG slows down the flavoring blending and such aka steeping and typically requires more flavoring.
Hard to taste apricot, needs some help with orange or mandarin to bring the flavor out.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey gang, got a blood story to share. I was out using the chainsaw on a dead tree today, cutting the small limbs and stacking in the shop to be further cut later into kindling on an old modified table saw, and cutting rounds for the wood stove and stacking in the garage. I took a short break and noticed a smudge of something that looked like blood on my jeans, near the right knee. I know I did not cut myself, knee or anywhere else. Maybe this is oil from the chainsaw bar oiler? When I was all done (and close to heat exhaustion), I sat in the house and sucked a glass of ice water. As I raised my glass, I saw a long wide red smudge on the backside of my right forearm. Oh, I guess I poked a hole in my arm on some sharp little limb and didn't even notice at the time that it happened. THAT is the blood I was talking about last night: "If I don't bleed a little every day, I am not working hard enough." o_O

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey gang, got a blood story to share. I was out using the chainsaw on a dead tree today, cutting the small limbs and stacking in the shop to be further cut later into kindling on an old modified table saw, and cutting rounds for the wood stove and stacking in the garage. I took a short break and noticed a smudge of something that looked like blood on my jeans, near the right knee. I know I did not cut myself, knee or anywhere else. Maybe this is oil from the chainsaw bar oiler? When I was all done (and close to heat exhaustion), I sat in the house and sucked a glass of ice water. As I raised my glass, I saw a long wide red smudge on the backside of my right forearm. Oh, I guess I poked a hole in my arm on some sharp little limb and didn't even notice at the time that it happened. THAT is the blood I was talking about last night: "If I don't bleed a little every day, I am not working hard enough." o_O
You should be proud of yourself....:giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It in both vg and pg 50/50
But the flavoring itself most are in a PG base but several come in VG base for the flavoring.
Tried some VG based flavorings and was not impressed.

Tried about 6 different canteloupe flavorings and none worked for me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I most always bleed some on mechanic work.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was thundering and lightening earlier....not a drop this time, but the night isn't over with.

Get any rain today, Rich?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get any rain today, Rich?
Yup, at Oh-dark-thirty this morning. Then it cleared off, then it clouded up again, so maybe there will be more later tonight.
Oh, and are the posts in the ground for Lannie's creatures?
Not yet. She has scheduled that for this coming Sunday (make bread today, another visit from Dish tomorrow, thunderstorms all day Saturday)...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nitey nite everybody. Teddy just came in a few minutes ago and is now trying to tell me it is sleepy-bye time, so I guess I'm gonna bend to his will one more time... Y A W N !

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to fix a leaky pipe in the basement today.
Darned CPVC elbow just got a hole in it. Not a crack or bad glue job...
Molding defect that took a while to sho up under a pressure surge?
I dunno just cut it out and patched things back together.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had to fix a leaky pipe in the basement today.
Darned CPVC elbow just got a hole in it. Not a crack or bad glue job...
Molding defect that took a while to sho up under a pressure surge?
I dunno just cut it out and patched things back together.
Weird, how long has the pipe been in use?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The shipping should be cheap, holes don't weight much.....:wave:
Well, unless it's a black hole, then the weight/mass might be near infinite. But, probably, it would suck in the scale before the postmaster could get a reading on it, and probably eat the postmaster too, and whatever stamps s/he was gonna put on it. :facepalm:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was the day on the homestead?

I inspected another medical building, was done working at about 10 this morning.....some are easy, others are a bitch, lucked out today.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dish guy showed up?....what's it been, about a week now?
One week to the day. Last week, he brought a new receiver, but didn't have all the parts to complete the new dish antenna, so he couldn't point it at the new satellite. We had some of the same problems after he left that we had before his first visit, so he had to come back and finish the job. At least I hope it is finished now.
Hope he pointed it at a satellite which hovers over the Dakotas
Judging from the angle the dish is pointed, I suspect it is geostationary equatorial -- eastern Caribbean somewhere.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One week to the day. Last week, he brought a new receiver, but didn't have all the parts to complete the new dish antenna, so he couldn't point it at the new satellite. We had some of the same problems after he left that we had before his first visit, so he had to come back and finish the job. At least I hope it is finished now.

Judging from the angle the dish is pointed, I suspect it is geostationary equatorial -- eastern Caribbean somewhere.
Incredible the amount of incompetence thriving in the USA, and other countries too....people seem to be dumber rather than smarter.....must have played video games to long, didn't get any real book learnin.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
people seem to be dumber rather than smarter.....must have played video games too long, didn't get any real book learnin'.
Yeah, and this really bothers me a great deal. We seem to have a country full of idiots who all want to play constantly, not learn anything or do any real work, but expect to be paid well to rob their employers' time by playing games on their smart phones or texting social sites and most of them don't have any idea what a book is. I want to go back and live in the 1960s again...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of dumber I just tried to watch a vid of a couple ofguys talking about the El Ninja thing in the pacific and it's impact on the winter of 18-19.
Lost me bigtime.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No cell phone service?....PERFECT,....no internet......FANTASTIC.....fuck all that shit....just live.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seemed like they were trying to outdo each other on the jargon of their trade....
I need a Cliff note version.

VU Sponsors