Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that isn't all bad, you got a lil needed rest from the usual backbreaking wurk.....:treadmill:
Just makes the to-do list longer for the next day...
I had this dream that I was still working the office 8-5, came home and kicked back for the evening.... Sigh.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was about 114 today, needless to say I didn't do much....but have a full week ahead. Hope the temp drops a little...I can take 100-105, after that it's just brutal.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But don't ya think 77 is pretty low for a high temperature in August? If it hadn't been raining, I could have gotten twice the work done without even breakin' a sweat.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sheeh... I wouldn't do heavy metal even before I was an old phart... like, Pat Benetar was as heavy as I could get.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd feel safer in the nursing home... I could chase the skirts around there and not catch anything, but the skirts at a heavy metal concert probably have 47 different kinds of STDs to pass on to the nearest idiot...

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cheers to those guys! I have fond memories of the Monsters of Rock concert I attended back in '87. I recall how everyone went nuts when Metallica played, but were super mellow when The Scorpions played.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd feel safer in the nursing home... I could chase the skirts around there and not catch anything, but the skirts at a heavy metal concert probably have 47 different kinds of STDs to pass on to the nearest idiot...
Keep fucking up your body at the homestead, you'll be in a nursing home sooner than you think.....:(

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What would Lannie do if you couldn't take care of all the animals?
She's every bit as hard headed and stubborn as I am. She'd do her damnedest to take care of me AND the animals until it all broke her too, then we could go to hell together (I understand that's where the parties are). :devil:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She's every bit as hard headed and stubborn as I am. She'd do her damnedest to take care of me AND the animals until it all broke her too, then we could go to hell together (I understand that's where the parties are).
Nah. Only Burning Man.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya know, even if I couldn't walk, I bet I could still pilot your new riding mower and Lannie would help your girlfriend sneak more livestock onto the property...
I was thinking about a couple lawn chairs by the lake, chewing coca leaves and betel nuts for shits and giggles.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, maybe we could have Tim Taylor work on 'em and then have wheelchair races around the lake...
(we need more power)
Sarah may have an idea there....get into the (powered) wheelchair - lawn chair business before someone else grabs that market.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sarah may have an idea there....get into the (powered) wheelchair - lawn chair business before someone else grabs that market.
Yeah sure. I can invent one, and some ass will steal the idea and start making them in Mexico.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was thinking a V8 with a pizza cooking tray.... it could be both Papa Murphy and Pop-a-Wheelie at the same time....

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
some ass will steal the idea and start making them in Mexico
Only if you put your design "in the Cloud" (or use Google Design) where everything is guaranteed to be stolen.
This is why I still use a manual drafting board and anything I do on the computer is stored in a removable hard drive that isn't even plugged in longer than the few seconds it takes to save a file.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One time, I started going through a patent process. The motherfuckers sold my idea, and I got fucked.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's the forecast tomorrow, Rich....."Clear with Rain"

I don't need to even look what the forecast is here, it's the same damn thing until October.

Hope to get out of here for awhile in the next couple weeks.....have more shit to do at my homestead than I care to think about.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I guess you can plan on Heavy Rain all day.
As long as SD is the polar opposite of TX. When we have a 20% chance of rain, it means clear skies all day and night, with just enough windto blow away any cloud with the gumption to get anywhere close.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I guess you can plan on Heavy Rain all day.
Really kinda hoping the rain holds off, at least until after dinner, 'cuz I'd really like to drill a couple 3-foot-deep holes in the cow corral and set a couple big fat posts. I have about one month to finish the cow corral and cow pen before two new calves find their way into our world.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really kinda hoping the rain holds off, at least until after dinner, 'cuz I'd really like to drill a couple 3-foot-deep holes in the cow corral and set a couple big fat posts. I have about one month to finish the cow corral and cow pen before two new calves find their way into our world.
What's the soil like there?....boney....clay....couple feet of topsoil?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When we have a 20% chance of rain, it means clear skies all day
When we first moved here, that is what a neighbor told us. "If they say 20% it ain't gonna happen. If they say 30 or 40, it MIGHT happen. If they say 50 or more, plan on rain all day." Lately, if they even say "cloudy," plan on some rain.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What's the soil like there?....boney....clay....couple feet of topsoil?
About 30 feet deep sandy loam, unless you're on a steep hillside, in which case there's be some sandstone in there. Using the auger is only a pain for the first foot because it has been compacted by all the critters tromping it hard. Occasionally, you might run into a clay spot, but that's rare.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
About 30 feet deep sandy loam, unless you're on a steep hillside, in which case there's be some sandstone in there. Using the auger is only a pain for the first foot because it has been compacted by all the critters tromping it hard. Occasionally, you might run into a clay spot, but that's rare.
Wow...surprising....damn good growing soil.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow...surprising....damn good growing soil.
Yup, it is. If you go over this whole area in a small plane, say at 2,000 feet AGL, you will notice the "roll" of the land, slightly hilly, a few gentle ravines, nothing too steep, and your brain will click that you have seen this before... ignoring the grass and the few trees, it looks like sand dunes on a large desert.... or if you have watched one of those Nat Geo underwater shows recently, you will recognize that this is all ancient ocean bottom sediment.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since I have sweet potatoes growing mad, I'm going to pick some of the leaves and cook um tomorrow....supposed to be good, but I like slightly bitter greens - didn't even think about eating the leaves.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lannie pickled a couple pints of green tomatoes today, as per your suggestion. I guess we get to taste that in three days...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie pickled a couple pints of green tomatoes today, as per your suggestion. I guess we get to taste that in three days...
Yup, it doesn't take long. She find a good fermenting video on Utube?

I love the damn things. I let them ferment about a week.

VU Sponsors