Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hahaha....who knows, their all crooked
So sad, actually. Back when I was in school, I believed in science with such dedication that I was willing to tie my entire life to it. (yes, I was a geek, nerd, dweeb, pick one) Science was pure. It was perfect. Today, I cannot even read my monthly issues of Scientific American or Discover without getting pissed off at their obvious lies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So sad, actually. Back when I was in school, I believed in science with such dedication that I was willing to tie my entire life to it. (yes, I was a geek, nerd, dweeb, pick one) Science was pure. It was perfect. Today, I cannot even read my monthly issues of Scientific American or Discover without getting pissed off at their obvious lies.
I understand exactly what you said.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get those posts in the ground today?
The soil would have received a good water settling.
No. Even though the heavy rain started later in the day, the air was wet all day and I really didn't feel like getting all wrapped up to go do that. The soil should be even softer tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No. Even though the heavy rain started later in the day, the air was wet all day and I really didn't feel like getting all wrapped up to go do that. The soil should be even softer tomorrow.
Indeed, the first few inches anyway....I suppose when you break through the critters compaction, it's smooth sailing anyway in a sandy loam.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Although you'll prolly hit a few hundred yards of concrete someone dumped there 100 yrs ago.....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Although you'll prolly hit a few hundred yards of concrete someone dumped there 100 yrs ago.....:teehee:
The homesteaders here a hundred years ago were barely learning about concrete and the few places I have found it, they made it only a couple inches thick (just walking on it for a few years has it all broken up). The place where I have my little metal barns today (one horse, one cow, each the size of a double garage) once had one of those big wooden barns with the mansard roof which, apparently, burned down about 50 years ago. I am still finding rusty bent nails all over that area - worked into the soil, then rain and wind brings them back up. I have picked up hundreds of them in the past 14 years. But I will be drilling (OK, augering) in an area where I have done it before, so no sweat. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The homesteaders here a hundred years ago were barely learning about concrete and the few places I have found it, they made it only a couple inches thick (just walking on it for a few years has it all broken up). The place where I have my little metal barns today (one horse, one cow, each the size of a double garage) once had one of those big wooden barns with the mansard roof which, apparently, burned down about 50 years ago. I am still finding rusty bent nails all over that area - worked into the soil, then rain and wind brings them back up. I have picked up hundreds of them in the past 14 years. But I will be drilling (OK, augering) in an area where I have done it before, so no sweat. :)
Should be done before Brunch.....:giggle:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Figured you hadn't, was supposed to be a ribbin....:teehee:
Funny that I used to be a connoisseur and today, I doubt I would even bother to eat if Lannie didn't push a plate of something in front of me. Somehow food just seems so unimportant....

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My right shoulder hurts like hell but I will survive.

I'm recovering from a dislocation of my left subcapularis muscle - hurts like hell, but I too am still functioning :eek:

Chiropractor mainly got it back into place and my physiologist worked some real magic on it late last week, almost good as new for an old gal

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@inspects Remember the global warming conversation from last night... Well, I receive several "science" newsletters via e-mail every day and this one was from just this afternoon.

hot.JPG

Now, tell me, who is paying them to make up these lies? These guys used to have integrity. And if even one article is full of lies, how can you trust ANY of their articles to be truthful? Sigh...

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not too hot here, Dale. 87F at 61% RH "feels like" 94F (34C). It actually was only partly cloudy today, but there is one thunderstorm to the north about 30 miles, but not headed in our direction.
Get those posts in the ground, Rich?
Nope. I got them moved to the corral (heavy stuff, that), but because there was very little wind today (a rarity), I had to do a quick switch on my "to do" stuff and burn a couple months of garbage while the grass was still wet from last night's rain (that wasn't supposed to be here). :crazy: Because my burn barrel has disintegrated over the years, I am only one good breeze from "open burning" (dangerous shit in summer), so I burned all that garbage fairly slowly and only did other tasks that could be done while in sight of the fire.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any ripe maters yet?
Not yet, and they damn well better hurry up. We're like only six weeks from first frost, which would mean Lannie will have to use your green 'mater recipe or we get nothing. Remember, because winter lasted too long this year, we were over a month late getting the garden started and I feared something like this might happen. I'd keep my fingers crossed that they hurry up, but it's hard to do all the other work with your fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not yet, and they damn well better hurry up. We're like only six weeks from first frost, which would mean Lannie will have to use your green 'mater recipe or we get nothing. Remember, because winter lasted too long this year, we were over a month late getting the garden started and I feared something like this might happen. I'd keep my fingers crossed that they hurry up, but it's hard to do all the other work with your fingers crossed. :rolleyes:
I hear that....indeed a late planting season, hopefully a longer growing season. But don't count on it.

I'm heading south in two weeks, changed my ticket this afternoon. The GF said the bananas are about 8 foot tall already. They grow faster than grass.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And Lannie is really chomping at the bit about those cabbages. She REALLY wants to make her own sauerkraut this year.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's good shuff....I've made it a few times.
I was just drifting into the haze of the good old daze...
Remembering a fast food joint in Tucson named Der Weinerschnitzel and I had a foot-long hot dog covered in sauerkraut....
Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy.
Sigh....

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nitey night, Dale. Guess I'll wander upstairs and check for cats, then hit the sack myself.
Hostile Banana... Winnebago... whatever. :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was just drifting into the haze of the good old daze...
Remembering a fast food joint in Tucson named Der Weinerschnitzel and I had a foot-long hot dog covered in sauerkraut....
Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy.
Sigh....

I remember those, the buildings were long and triangular

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I remember those, the buildings were long and triangular
I really don't remember the shape of Der Weinerschnitzel's building and, while I am sure they were a franchise and must have been located in lots of states, I have been in 30 states and only remember seeing that one in Tucson, AZ. Was the one you remember in Alaska? Under normal circumstances, I do not like hot dogs because in grade school we had a field trip to a local factory and once I saw the garbage that goes into hot dogs, I never wanted one again (which is saying a lot for a little fat kid). But the sauerkraut so overwhelmed the hot dog that I couldn't resist. I have had a few hot dogs now that I am an old person with fading memory of the actual ingredients, but also smothered in mustard, they are tolerable.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I really don't remember the shape of Der Weinerschnitzel's building and, while I am sure they were a franchise and must have been located in lots of states, I have been in 30 states and only remember seeing that one in Tucson, AZ. Was the one you remember in Alaska? Under normal circumstances, I do not like hot dogs because in grade school we had a field trip to a local factory and once I saw the garbage that goes into hot dogs, I never wanted one again (which is saying a lot for a little fat kid). But the sauerkraut so overwhelmed the hot dog that I couldn't resist. I have had a few hot dogs now that I am an old person with fading memory of the actual ingredients, but also smothered in mustard, they are tolerable.

Oakland, California when I was a kid. Google says they still exist there

Here is a google image of what I remember

Unknown-1.jpeg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, most of my stuff came in for DIY juice. Now, I just gotta wait on my syringes from Amazon. I got the flavoring, and a bottle of VG/PG with the nicotine level I use. It's a good start. I'll be able to mix 120ml bottles for about $4 a bottle. That'll get me going until until I can score better deals on supplies.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Raining cats and dogs here tonight, whatever that means...if it means raining like a SOB, they are the correct words to use....:confetti:
We seem to have traded weather. :) Our forecast for today was 103 degrees and clear skies all day and all night. Clear? Well, it was until noon, then it clouded up (call it "mostly cloudy") and we only hit 93 degrees, but if you toss in the 61% humidity, the heat index then equals 109 degrees. I had to do some barn repairs (fix broken manager, fix cow stall gate, etc.) and there was so much sweat running in my eyes, I could barely see what I was doing. Coming back in the house didn't help any because it was 90 in here with the same humidity (= feels like 100).

VU Sponsors