Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have always been a chicken shit about heights.
I can make myself work up to second story on a 20 ft ladder. But the ladder rattles a lot.
But I can fly around in a little plane and hang out the window looking down.
But close to the edge of a cliff and I am struck with petrification...

No idea why just is.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a closet full of braces for nearly every part of my body. I wear the lower back brace (girdle) all the time because the lumbar is broken, and occasionally I have to wear these super-duty knee braces to even walk. But under normal circumstances, I don't have to contend with the shakes. That was just downright scary and I have always been one of those "hang off the side of a cliff to get a better picture" kind of guys. Am I truly becoming a real-live Old Phart? Chicken shit... :(
It's possible. It's more likely your old bones and joints and nerves just ain't what they used to be.

Heck, I used to be able to throw a 200 pound man. Now, I can barely throw 40 pounds. I'm hoping Phillip can retain his strength for a while longer.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's possible. It's more likely your old bones and joints and nerves just ain't what they used to be.

Heck, I used to be able to throw a 200 pound man. Now, I can barely throw 40 pounds. I'm hoping Phillip can retain his strength for a while longer.
Thirty years ago, I could press my own body weight. Today, the neurosurgeon tells me I should never lift more than 10-15 pounds IF I am wearing the back brace. I am not supposed to lift anything if I don't have the brace on. One sack of wheat that I have to pour into the chicken bin weighs 60 pounds. Just don't tell my doctor.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was just reading about kratom. It seems I'll never have a chance to try it. FDA couldn't ban it as a drug, so they banned it over a salmonella scare (fake news).

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have always been a chicken shit about heights.
I can make myself work up to second story on a 20 ft ladder. But the ladder rattles a lot.
But I can fly around in a little plane and hang out the window looking down.
But close to the edge of a cliff and I am struck with petrification...
I used to love flying around in little airplanes, taking photos out the window (got some great ones over Mt. St. Helens after the 1980 eruption). Skiing down a steep slope... hanging off a cliff... No problem. It's not the fall that scares me; it is the sudden stop at the bottom. :teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Dale
Hi Jimi....hear your in rough shape, not good.
Can't believe you can't find some kid to till the garden, worthless bastards. My father would have wiped my ass if a neighbor asked a favor and I told them NO. Guess the snowflakes and soyboys don't know what a days work really is.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to love flying around in little airplanes, taking photos out the window (got some great ones over Mt. St. Helens after the 1980 eruption). Skiing down a steep slope... hanging off a cliff... No problem. It's not the fall that scares me; it is the sudden stop at the bottom. :teehee:
The only thing I can recall that ever scared me as much as looking down from a high altitude, was having a grizzly bear stand on it's hind legs and roar only about 10 yards in front of me on a mountain trail. I scared the bear off, but I can't scare away the thought of going "splat".

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wasn't it they just banned that one company
Just the product from that company....kinda like Foster Farms chicken salmonella I read about every week on the FDA website...if it's not their chicken it's someone else's.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like everyone had nothing short of a nightmare today.....:rolleyes:
Today was actually not a nitemare. It was a day of rest. Although I did hafta go to Abilene to get a new tablet. My old one is on it's last leg. It would not turn on yesterday, or today until I got it's replacement. I guess smart tech knows when it's about to be put to sleep, permanently.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi....hear your in rough shape, not good.
Can't believe you can't find some kid to till the garden, worthless bastards. My father would have wiped my ass if a neighbor asked a favor and I told them NO. Guess the snowflakes and soyboys don't know what a days work really is.
Hi Dale, when I was a kid I jump right on an offer like that, they are lazy as hell.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why should they work? Their parents give them far too much money anyway.
How else could they afford to buy Juuls?
I watched a cell phone ad that had a family (mom, dad, two kids barely walking) and it was assumed they needed four smart phones and four sets of data storage, etc. Children that young should not have cell phones for which the parents must pay $100 each per month. That is F'ing ridiculous!!!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I watched a cell phone ad that had a family (mom, dad, two kids barely walking) and it was assumed they needed four smart phones and four sets of data storage, etc. Children that young should not have cell phones for which the parents must pay $100 each per month. That is F'ing ridiculous!!!
That's why I'm moving the hell out of here. Can't take it anymore.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The parents that basically are still kids think their kids will never be popular if they are not taught to text before they can speak. You just cannot beat it into their heads that they are F'ing up. They are about as stubborn about it as Trump is about deleting the Obama legacy.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's why I'm moving the hell out of here. Can't take it anymore.
Yeah, makes me think there is a movement to have snowflakes take over my country. I often wish I could go back in time to the '60s and just stay there. All the "social shit" that goes on in this country today pisses me off. "They" want to do it, fine, but don't try to force me to comply with their stupidity.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, makes me think there is a movement to have snowflakes take over my country. I often wish I could go back in time to the '60s and just stay there. All the "social shit" that goes on in this country today pisses me off. "They" want to do it, fine, but don't try to force me to comply with their stupidity.
I'm with you 100%....everytime I go to Ecuador it reminds me of the 60's. Polite people, no gangs or graffiti in the bigger cities, whole different world, I really like it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm with you 100%....everytime I go to Ecuador it reminds me of the 60's. Polite people, no gangs or graffiti in the bigger cities, whole different world, I really like it.
And if you tell me they do not have a large portion of their population that expects others to pay their way (snowflakes demanding freebies), then you're going to make me want to move there too.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And if you tell me they do not have a large portion of their population that expects others to pay their way (snowflakes demanding freebies), then you're going to make me want to move there too.
Just hard working honest down to earth people.....first time I was there, the only thing I could think of was the 60's.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Snowflakes demanding freebies is why I stopped designing for virtual world's. Why waste all my time creating stuff noone else could, and get nothing out of it? I had a few that paid me via PayPal, but they were rare gems. Big surprise, only one of those virtual world's still exists. The snowflakes put the rest out of business.

VU Sponsors