Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I painted one of my toenails black in the 70's. When wearing flip-flops, everyone would ask...Wow does it hurt?....:rolleyes:
LMFAO! I did my nails with a pretty pearl white. I know, so many women go to some salon and drop a bunch of money having it done for them.
If I put siding and trim up, and made my own shutters, there is no way I'm paying someone to paint my nails. I'm far too cheap for that. I don't pay anyone to do my hair either. and Cromwell calls himself cheap

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LMFAO! I did my nails with a pretty pearl white. I know, so many women go to some salon and drop a bunch of money having it done for them.
If I put siding and trim up, and made my own shutters, there is no way I'm paying someone to paint my nails. I'm far too cheap for that. I don't pay anyone to do my hair either. and Cromwell calls himself cheap
I wish I would have met someone like you 40 years ago.....:teehee:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's kool...most women including my GF and mother just love spending ($$$???) to get the feet job....whatever that is....they both return smiling. Makes me wonder at times....:popcorn:
I think I spent enough on the siding and the 1x4s I used for the trim and shutters. Oh, and the paint and screws. When I do the shed, I'm looking at spending another $600 or so. So, I probably won't do that this year.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I inspected a 63,000 sf building for Caterpillar today, if anyone cares.....:giggle:
In flip-flops?
Dead here tonight, not even many spammers on the loose....time to hit the hay.....:wait:
Yeah, I think I better pay attention to the kitten, who has been nagging me for the last half hour. G'nite to anyone still here.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's kool...most women including my GF and mother just love spending ($$$???) to get the feet job....whatever that is....they both return smiling. Makes me wonder at times....:popcorn:

Get one and you will be hooked, lol

I made Mr Juicy get a pedicure last year and now he gets one every time we go to town - including last Monday

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have an exciting day?.....kinda boring around here.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone have an exciting day?.....kinda boring around here.
Well, it was... a day. Being the fourth Wednesday of the month, it was monthly shopping day, and it totally wore me out, which it does not normally do. I feel like if I actually got in the bed right now, I could easily pass out for the night. Maybe because I drove 150 miles yesterday to get that hay, then drove 250 miles today to do our monthly shopping, I am wasted. Tired, body aches all over, and close to brain dead. Uh, who are you guys again and why am I here? :crazy:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it was... a day. Being the fourth Wednesday of the month, it was monthly shopping day, and it totally wore me out, which it does not normally do. I feel like if I actually got in the bed right now, I could easily pass out for the night. Maybe because I drove 150 miles yesterday to get that hay, then drove 250 miles today to do our monthly shopping, I am wasted. Tired, body aches all over, and close to brain dead. Uh, who are you guys again and why am I here? :crazy:
Guys? Here?
Where here?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seem like driving or flying long distances wears me out too......must be mental fatigue.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spent most of today recovering from yesterdays 300 mi drive and 12 hour excursion. funeral, etc...

Got my little cheapo HF tabletop table saw set up so it will saw ok today.
Had to take all the safety gadgets off of it. Not sure how anyone could use it with all those contraptions on it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had to take all the safety gadgets off of it. Not sure how anyone could use it with all those contraptions on it.
When my table saw broke down last Fall, I thought the motor was gone, so I got another cheap one at Harbor Freight. Like you said, most of the fancy safety shit had to go because it made it nearly unusable. Then, with a little playing around, I found that I could make the old one work by bypassing all the electrical safety features and installing a common light switch as the off-on switch. Works fine now, so I'm using it to make kindling and the new one is dedicated to woodworking.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was gonna say that "I hope you get it," but your last line kind of implies you don't really care, which means you probably won't. Oh well...

I didn't research the job too much Draconigena, but I think I did reasonably OK on the interview. I've been thinking about a change of scene for a bit now, and this could be it if it works out. I'm not sweating it, but it would be nice if it works out :)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't research the job too much Draconigena, but I think I did reasonably OK on the interview. I've been thinking about a change of scene for a bit now, and this could be it if it works out. I'm not sweating it, but it would be nice if it worked out :)
Maybe you should talk to Crom about working at home improvement stores and see if you still want that "change of scene." :oops:

EDIT: Oh, he just made a comment...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I drove past the Intel plant here last week....they must have 20 100ft. cranes working on the expansion of the plant.

The existing plant is about a half mile long already.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure about Home Depot, but I worked at Lowes for my last 5 years before retiring.
Made me really look forward to retiring ;)

HD and Lowes are probably quite similar Robert, but I've only experienced HD so that's just my uneducated opinion.

Ya, sometimes it's 'interesting' working with folks, but I'm finding it's OK for the most part :)

VU Sponsors