Become a Patron!

Nicotine Base & Pending Regulations?

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So do the new taxes kick in at the end of the year?

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, when they made up their minds with bans it was damned near instant.
Do not fool yourself that your freezer stash is keep you from getting fucked with.
I never fool myself. My experience has been that the gub'min will fuck with me no matter I do with my life.
In some places it's illegal to collect rainwater even in drought conditions. In other places
one can't have a veggie garden in their front yards.
I grew up watching our freedom erode and actually expect the worse.
But I figure I have two years b4 I really have to worry about buying nic
and two years or longer after that to use up my stash in the freezer.

The ingenious among us always find ways around, over or under their little rules...

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere here before but I have not seen the question. Can anyone tell me if the pending legislation, that will severely regulate the vaping industry, will have an immediate affect on liquid nicotine base mail-order/internet sales?
Here, read the advance to suppliers, it's basically what the "deeming" says
http://tveca.com/tveca_docs/drp_redacted.pdf

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What you had to give up your pit?
Years ago. Miami-Dade County passed an ordinance prohibiting new pit bulls in the county and
insisting that owners have their pit bull in cages with tops (pits are great climbers)
and $100,000 liability insurance. Pits couldn't breed. If you had one you could keep it until it died
as long as you could afford the insurance

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A few are. But, they could have been challenged if the FDA did not provide the designation. The rest, not wanting to be left out of a free money scheme will quickly jump on board.

I think it's a mistake to think the FDA reg's won't have broad reaching effects. It is a substantial event, IMO.
I agree with you. The new FDA regs will establish precedence for the states.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Years ago. Miami-Dade County passed an ordinance prohibiting new pit bulls in the county and
insisting that owners have their pit bull in cages with tops (pits are great climbers)
and $100,000 liability insurance. Pits couldn't breed. If you had one you could keep it until it died
as long as you could afford the insurance
Crazy but that's why when my girl Bailey had pups I made sure they were mutts they look identical to reg pits but have curly tails

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crazy but that's why when my girl Bailey had pups I made sure they were mutts they look identical to reg pits but have curly tails
yea, people here get by the law with pit bulldog mixes or claiming they're American Staffordshire Terriers or
English Bull Terriers, same diff, diff AKC classification.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
supply and demand. taxes will be passed on to the consumer.
the cost of doing business for suppliers will likely go up.
But when you consider the profit margin on stuff like diluted nicotine in VG/PG
they can afford the overhead.

I predict a shortage of and price hike of nicotine and small freezers
in the next couple of months until the paranoia dies down.
Perhaps the Joes should invest in little freezers...with inflated prices and membership discounts.

I should open up a cryogenic nicotine storage warehouse and get in on the fear and paranoia...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think everyone i

Are you saying they will declare Martial Nicotine law and come after me? are you saying we will have Nicotine Prohibition?

Yes. House to house searches. They will contact the electric companies and get lists of those whose electricity consumption has gone up and get warrants to search for extra freezers...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you could probably get some nukes if you come to the beach and talk to the Ruskie mafiosi. Jersey is good for that too.
Yes. House to house searches. They will contact the electric companies and get lists of those whose electricity consumption has gone up and get warrants to search for extra freezers...
That sounds like maybe every mod that we buy might have a freaking camera in it and its watching us like George Orwells -1984.. NOOOOOOOO :)

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That sounds like maybe every mod that we buy might have a freaking camera in it and its watching us like George Orwells -1984.. NOOOOOOOO :)

It's part of the approval process...

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the consensus here is to buy a freezer and stock up on base before the regs go into effect?

Not sure why most people would need to buy a freezer. 2-3 liters of 100ml nic won't take up much room in the freezer in most kitchens.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

... among other things that will not happen. This is a ludicrous scenario intended to incite panic unnecessarily or just a troll.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
... among other things that will not happen. This is a ludicrous scenario intended to incite panic unnecessarily or just a troll.
db1b81b4a7907a85fe4d589be69023b5.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Honestly I am about to ask Merkley if Reid is handing him the reigns of NAMBLA off to him.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure why most people would need to buy a freezer. 2-3 liters of 100ml nic won't take up much room in the freezer in most kitchens.
a *small* freezer like a1 cu ft Igloo. I like the 3.2 cu job 'cause it'll hold a couple of gallons
of this and that and at least a gallon of Blue Bell Home Made Vanilla for those munchees moments.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's ANTS...

How funny would it be if the bulk nic vendors added a chemical to limit the shelf life to 2 years?
Man, don't give them any ideas. You'll be sitting pretty in CR
and we'll be suffering the consequences of your agitation.
I'm gonna have to have a little talk about you with my Ruskie fiends.

Here is a weird scenario my paranoia came up with.
How about if ObamaCare is actually a plot to give the gub'min legal rights
as providers of the nation's medical subsidies to harvest DNA samples
from the citizenry so they can weed out the genetic undesirables for
purposes of eugenics...
Shit, even @MrScaryZ couldn't come up with that one...in his wildest dreams...if he ever slept.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man, don't give them any ideas. You'll be sitting pretty in CR
and we'll be suffering the consequences of your agitation.
I'm gonna have to have a little talk about you with my Ruskie fiends.

Here is a weird scenario my paranoia came up with.
How about if ObamaCare is actually a plot to give the gub'min legal rights
as providers of the nation's medical subsidies to harvest DNA samples
from the citizenry so they can weed out the genetic undesirables for
purposes of eugenics...
Shit, even @MrCrazyZ couldn't come up with that one...in his wildest dreams...if he ever slept.

Isn't that what the BigTobacco cigalikes already do? They are the most advanced e-cigs after all. Plenty of DNA in saliva... A recent poll I saw posted on this very forum showed vapers and smokers are less educated and wealthy than non smokers and non vapers...
My time in Moscow and St. Pete. tought me the Russians can be delt with, as long as one can handle their vodka and women...

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't that what the BigTobacco cigalikes already do? They are the most advanced e-cigs after all. Plenty of DNA in saliva... A recent poll I saw posted on this very forum showed vapers and smokers are less educated and wealthy than non smokers and non vapers...
My time in Moscow and St. Pete. tought me the Russians can be delt with, as long as one can handle their vodka and women...

Yea, but who sends their used cigalikes back with the DNA sample? (almost said sperm sample)
Oh wait, the cigalikes have RF chips in them like the new 666 credit cards do and transmit to the cell towers..
I'm getting sick of hearing people bitch about Big Tobacco.
So the Ruskies taught you they can be dealt with...
Tell me my friend, how do you say "balls" in Russian?
You know the kind of balls I mean. I'm thinking of writing Vladimir a letter.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, but who sends their used cigalikes back with the DNA sample? (almost said sperm sample)
Oh wait, the cigalikes have RF chips in them like the new 666 credit cards do and transmit to the cell towers..
I'm getting sick of hearing people bitch about Big Tobacco.
So the Ruskies taught you they can be dealt with...
Tell me my friend, how do you say "balls" in Russian?
You know the kind of balls I mean. I'm thinking of writing Vladimir a letter.

Yes. Nano technology is involved.
I'm on my iPad, so can't type in Cyrillic at the moment... I have a book on Russian slang somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up...

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes. Nano technology is involved.
I'm on my iPad, so can't type in Cyrillic at the moment... I have a book on Russian slang somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up...
okay. send me some balls in both cyrillic and roman letters so i can pronounce it

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you got hip to Steve's satirical commentary. His satire is aimed at those trying to "incite panic".

His satire is aimed at those that would oppose regulation and his statements thus far have been false, either from a poor intellect or outright lies. But none of this should come as a surprise, his ties to east Europe along with his statements point to a propensity towards communism.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:rolleyes: Don't ever apologize for trying to spread the word that our gub'min is run
by pastie white old fucks with no sense of humor and a propensity to jump to conclusions with no evidence.
Remember, on this forum we're all bozos vaping in back of the buzz.
Fuck 'em if they can't take a yoke. ;)
Pass the egg whites please.,
Hazy :cool:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
His satire is aimed at those that would oppose regulation and his statements thus far have been false, either from a poor intellect or outright lies. But none of this should come as a surprise, his ties to east Europe along with his statements point to a propensity towards communism.

Oh boy...
You really don't have a sense of humor, do ya?
I know the man and beg to differ.
Stevie is brilliant and speaks several languages. You don't know the concept of satire.
His comments aim to ridicule the paranoid nicotine junkies in denial and the many merchants who
foment our paranoia so they can sell more juice, nicotine, and equipment.
His experience and connection with Eastern Europe are a consequence of his advanced status
when he was in high school
and his love for the freedom of the Czech Republic.

I suppose you'd condemn Mad Magazine and Charlie Hebdo also.
Hopefully "Time" will change your opinion and illuminate your dark little mind...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you, you communist SOB ;)
I assume Yaeetsa is the proper pronunciation for balls as in testicles

No problem. Us communist Czechoslovakians learned Russian during the dark years... Yes, it's nuts. I'm not great at phonetic transliteration, but you would have to learn to pronounce the Cyrillic letters to get it perfect...

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem. Us communist Czechoslovakians learned Russian during the dark years... Yes, it's nuts. I'm not great at phonetic transliteration, but you would have to learn to pronounce the Cyrillic letters to get it perfect...
I will. I have a bunch of Ruskie language proggies.
Russian seems easier than Czech as long as you figure out the letters like the backwards N and such

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will. I have a bunch of Ruskie language proggies.
Russian seems easier than Czech as long as you figure out the letters like the backwards N and such

Learning the alphabet is the first step. Russian may well be easier due to the availability of language learning software...

VU Sponsors