Become a Patron!

Modfather Inc 30mm RTA

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6BGLzvcm.jpg

Mo joose!
That's pretty cool..... And yes she begs for that juice...... Buts it's good I pump her full all day longggg..... If you notice I call The modfather a she....... Ha...... That's my new girl......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still haven't put a build in the series deck yet :)
Oh you're gonna love it!
Pop in SS fused Claptons and it really shines. Currently though I've been vaping the hell out of it with the shorty kit and postless deck on one and the series deck with the stock glass on the other. Flavor is awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I like the idea of SS FCs in it, but at the moment its still in use with the Velocity deck so when that gets nasty I might change it over :D

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Luckily we already have them :)
Yep, was waiting on the SS tall and shorty kit to be available again. Saw that Voltrove who makes them no longer even has the page available for them or the other accessories and the tank itself. Searched around and found a site in the UK had the Black short and tall kits. So I ordered them. I'll just strip the black off.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it looks nice with the dark glass on the silver shorty anyway, I am impatient so I had to do mine once I saw the look of the black shorty on the SS Modfather was not ideal :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it looks nice with the dark glass on the silver shorty anyway, I am impatient so I had to do mine once I saw the look of the black shorty on the SS Modfather was not ideal :)
Yeah I have some paint stripper on the way, going to have to do some customizing ;)

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You guys are evil enablers! After days of revisiting this thread I finally ordered one yesterday. Glad I found the SS version since that is the one I was looking for. I really hope I can wick this right when mine arrives. Plus I got tired of my vcmt 30 mm leaking if I don't have the perfect wicking. Now I'll be on the hunt for the tall kit. I can only hope that these kits will be available again.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys are evil enablers! After days of revisiting this thread I finally ordered one yesterday. Glad I found the SS version since that is the one I was looking for. I really hope I can wick this right when mine arrives. Plus I got tired of my vcmt 30 mm leaking if I don't have the perfect wicking. Now I'll be on the hunt for the tall kit. I can only hope that these kits will be available again.
You're going to love it, it's easy to wick. Unlike the VCMT it doesn't leak ;)

Since it doesn't have Juice Control when you fill it

1. Close the AFC
2. Fill
3. Flip the Tank upside down and open the AFC
4. Flip it back and Vape

I haven't had any issues with leaking at all, it does like plenty of Cotton but not excessive. Just fill the bottom of the deck with Cotton but still leave room for air to flow under the coils.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah like @r055co says just get the cotton right and you are good, I don't do any of the flipping and messing with airflow I just screw the lid on and vape and I don't have any problem.

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks you two for the tips! Now I'll start watching YouTube vids while I wait at the same time. For now I've ditched the vcmt and just using the Obese Buddha for now. It's almost like an rta but the only caveat is the size and overhang it has. Still produces a good vape when I build big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever get your modfather we are waiting on pictures of the arrival......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks you two for the tips! Now I'll start watching YouTube vids while I wait at the same time. For now I've ditched the vcmt and just using the Obese Buddha for now. It's almost like an rta but the only caveat is the size and overhang it has. Still produces a good vape when I build big.

Watch the Modfather video from Big Lou in New Jersey.....

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Manny! Had to also order that Boreas tank as well.

Update: I've contacted "BroSciencevapes" and they told me they are still waiting for a reply from Modfather Inc for their re-supply of the tall and short kits. I guess for now these are the two places to keep an eye out for. I'll notify this thread when I notice it. If anyone else can notify this thread when that happens I'll appreciate it since I'm usually busy during the mid week. Thanks!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Manny! Had to also order that Boreas tank as well.

Update: I've contacted "BroSciencevapes" and they told me they are still waiting for a reply from Modfather Inc for their re-supply of the tall and short kits. I guess for now these are the two places to keep an eye out for. I'll notify this thread when I notice it. If anyone else can notify this thread when that happens I'll appreciate it since I'm usually busy during the mid week. Thanks!

You are going to love this tank...... I'm putting in a pair of 4mm diameter 6 wrap (4) core SS316L aliens in there....... They smoke !!!
uploadfromtaptalk1471301729864.jpguploadfromtaptalk1471301753007.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rocco did you see this Mason 30mm Dump TANK ? It's interesting it's a Tfv4, Scottua and BFT combo rta......

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rocco did you see this Mason 30mm Dump TANK ? It's interesting it's a Tfv4, Scottua and BFT combo rta......

MMMM, might have to pick up the 40mm just so when I want to really be obnoxious that would be the Tank ;)
40mm, oh fuck!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol, that's sooooo obnoxious. Wtf do you even put it on?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man that series deck looks serious....

Yeah the series deck is great, running a 27x2/34 317L SS @ .6 Ohms on my Big Pig. Awesome, if that was a regular deck it would ohm out at around .15, no way would that be safe on a series mod.

The postless is great also, no posts to get in the way and you can really get creative with your builds.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look at the last pic..... The small deck is a 30mm...... LOL....... WTF

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ID of the chimney is the only thing that matters, if its too small its a waste of time.....but on the bright side they make good stuff so my guess is it will be wide :)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched a review by Ambitonz vaper about the dump tank he said its badass better than the modfather
You sure it was the modfather ? I heard him say The Godfather.......

He received a free tank, and a ton of free juice..... I'm pretty sure he's going to like it.....

The swivel on top Like the tfv4 made it unattractive to me, the build deck it's just Like The Tank by Scottua which works amazing and I like the adjustable air flow.... But I enjoy the modfather, take bottom off and rewick very simple and finally the quality of materials and workmanship of The Modfather....... Threads, materials, engraving, it shows a lot of manufacturing perfections.....

I hunted for months to buy a Modfather and those who own it " Will NOT part with it ".....

It has to be a special tank to be better than the Modfather..... For real !!!!
uploadfromtaptalk1471415997934.jpg

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ModFather is pretty much a perfect design, I can see things being 'as good' as it but really you aren't going to have anything that is better than it in any significant amount. The chimney could be a teeny bit wider and that's it nothing else is worth altering.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ModFather is pretty much a perfect design, I can see things being 'as good' as it but really you aren't going to have anything that is better than it in any significant amount. The chimney could be a teeny bit wider and that's it nothing else is worth altering.
I made today a 4 core alien in ni80 and at 4.0mm 6 wrap ohming at .18 the flavor is fucking amazing Vaping at 83 watts on 430Fahrenheit the clouds are so thick and juicy...... The coil is a main factor in taste and clouds...... The 4.0mm requires so much cotton than there is no leaks and all you do is take the top off fill and screw top.... Not a single drop or flipping and non of that nonsense.... And I don't use cotton I use Rayon..... Burns smoother and it takes weeks to burn..... I was using this Egyptian organic cotton that tasted like Camel ass..... Organic my ass .....
uploadfromtaptalk1471418686568.jpg

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made today a 4 core alien in ni80 and at 4.0mm 6 wrap ohming at .18 the flavor is fucking amazing Vaping at 83 watts on 430Fahrenheit the clouds are so thick and juicy...... The coil is a main factor in taste and clouds...... The 4.0mm requires so much cotton than there is no leaks and all you do is take the top off fill and screw top.... Not a single drop or flipping and non of that nonsense.... And I don't use cotton I use Rayon..... Burns smoother and it takes weeks to burn..... I was using this Egyptian organic cotton that tasted like Camel ass..... Organic my ass .....
View attachment 59331

Yes it is pretty well perfect as a tank, I never need to mess around with flipping it or any of that stuff I just fill it screw the lid on and vape. I have built the series deck now but its still in the box....waiting until I feel like changing it over. It has flatwire side by side fused captions in it - leave the final bit of fiddling til they get in.

h3FeAABm.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes it is pretty well perfect as a tank, I never need to mess around with flipping it or any of that stuff I just fill it screw the lid on and vape. I have built the series deck now but its still in the box....waiting until I feel like changing it over. It has flatwire side by side fused captions in it - leave the final bit of fiddling til they get in.

h3FeAABm.jpg
Hell yeah...... Nice set of coils...... Dude finding a better rta will be difficult, you know how we are always looking for the holy grail.... I'm done looking for now.....

VU Sponsors