Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Triade DNA250

Mutescream

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wear and tear is inevitable with any heavily used mod.
How fast or slow it happens depends on the finish quality and how each person handles his mods.

Some handle their gear with care and some manhandle it.
I guess a good indication of what kind you are is your cellphone, is it all scratched and banged or is it as good as new?

While I don't have experience with this specific mod, I think it may also have to do with body chemistry. I have a rather acidic body chemistry and you can tell how I hold my mods that are not stainless by where the paint is missing (in the pattern of my hand).

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curious, I've got the Wismec DNA200, Has anyone else experienced the Paint peeling phenomena on these Triple 18650 configurations?

I have seen other threads insist it happens almost immediately, others claim that juice, oil from skin, etc, gets under the paint and it's inevitable..

I myself have never had the issue and I use mine about 8 hrs/day since it released and it still looks like new.

Mine is In brand new condition...

Take ur meds NARCIS

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Curious, I've got the Wismec DNA200, Has anyone else experienced the Paint peeling phenomena on these Triple 18650 configurations?

I have seen other threads insist it happens almost immediately, others claim that juice, oil from skin, etc, gets under the paint and it's inevitable..

I myself have never had the issue and I use mine about 8 hrs/day since it released and it still looks like new.
I've had the Reaulaux DNA 200 since Black Friday last year, and the paint is fine. Granted, it's my least used DNA, but my paint is fine. I also baby my devices.

That price is making me want one of these so bad. I've had a red leather one in my cart with the coupon for 3 days. I keep refreshing to see if the coupon's still good. Decisions. I'm guessing the feel is pretty much like a Reulueax. Is the 510 good? I'm so sick of these shallow 510's lately. Combine that with hybrid mechs, and rda's having longer 510's to suit that, and I have issues with a lot of mods, even nice ones. The VT133 has probably the deepest 510, can anyone compare?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the Reaulaux DNA 200 since Black Friday last year, and the paint is fine. Granted, it's my least used DNA, but my paint is fine. I also baby my devices.

That price is making me want one of these so bad. I've had a red leather one in my cart with the coupon for 3 days. I keep refreshing to see if the coupon's still good. Decisions. I'm guessing the feel is pretty much like a Reulueax. Is the 510 good? I'm so sick of these shallow 510's lately. Combine that with hybrid mechs, and rda's having longer 510's to suit that, and I have issues with a lot of mods, even nice ones. The VT133 has probably the deepest 510, can anyone compare?
Soon as mine gets here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 510 platform is nicer. The pin is still in a grommet, no spring. Paint can come off any painted mod. If you simply breach the paint like a pinhole it will tear right off. It is really just luck who it happens do or does not. We do not need to argue this, it is the same with any painted mod. As someone else said if that matters so much get anodized or custom. Even anodized wil wear through but unlikely how we use these. On a Military flashlight, yes. That is why they use HAIII.

It is $111 plus 25% off? If so that is a no brainer.

As for batteries .5 wil make them last the longest but it is not practical. .5 on HG2's takes 24+ hours. 1 amp is fine. Since a regular charge is 1.5 anyways. 2 amps is going to decrease their life. I know this for a fact because I have done it. They last about 100 cycles at 2 amps vs 300+ at 1 amp and 350+ at .5 a. I also would not charge via usb. The mini usb is fragile. The reason your phone usually does not break is because many people only keep a phone 6 months or a year. if you kept it 3+ years and charge daily I bet it breaks.

Look guys we don't need to argue. I am just saying what I know to be true. If you know different just say so. You do not need to call me out on what my experiences are. It is not like I have said something offensive. Take it easy.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I like mine more that the Reuleaux DNA200 (I have both). The shape isn't really different but it feels better in hand (could be the Ostrich, the dimensions are slightly different). The 510 is better for sure. Like BA mentioned, every tank I've tried works great. The placement of the 510 is better as well (more centered - but not completely centered). My paint is perfect and I've used it more in the relatively short time I've had it than my Reuleaux.

Overall I really like the mod. So much so I ordered a second one with Red leather. It's a lot of mod for the sale price at Ecig. It's really a bargain at $111 and change shipped imo. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like mine more that the Reuleaux DNA200 (I have both). The shape isn't really different but it feel better in hand (could be the Ostrich, it is very slightly different). The 510 is better for sure. Like BA every tank I've tried works great. The placement of the 510 is better as well (more centered - but not completely centered). My paint is perfect and I've used it more in the relatively short time I've had it than my Reuleaux.

Overall I really like the mod. So much so I ordered a second one with Red leather. It's a lot of mod for the sale price at Ecig. It's really a bargain at $111 and change shipped imo. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
Still impatiently awaiting mine post man has it thinking of chasing her down.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like mine more that the Reuleaux DNA200 (I have both). The shape isn't really different but it feels better in hand (could be the Ostrich, the dimensions are slightly different). The 510 is better for sure. Like BA mentioned, every tank I've tried works great. The placement of the 510 is better as well (more centered - but not completely centered). My paint is perfect and I've used it more in the relatively short time I've had it than my Reuleaux.

Cheers,
Steve

Hoarder

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1dfd2a75684349866c3eae8eec65d43d.jpg
Matchy Matchy

Mutescream

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The reason your phone usually does not break is because many people only keep a phone 6 months or a year. if you kept it 3+ years and charge daily I bet it breaks.

I used to do tech support for a major wireless carrier. There is a reason that fewer and fewer cell phones allow for users to change the battery, and that cell phone contracts are two years. Cell phones also do not require the high current drain of a mod and generally favor LiPo batteries, as opposed to LiPo being used only in sealed unit mods.

Mutescream

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does someone have a Rx and a Triade , that they can take a pic of? I just would like to see a size comparison (Rx's are everywhere, but I haven't seen a triade in front of me yet).

Mutescream

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe it's just a trick of perspective, or maybe it's just the different placement of the 510... But the Triade appears to be slightly smaller than the Rx?

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe it's just a trick of perspective, or maybe it's just the different placement of the 510... But the Triade appears to be slightly smaller than the Rx?

Yes it's smaller and feels better in the hands. There is really no comparison, besides they both use 3-18650's:cheers: For a beater mod the RX (honda civic) and is priced right. The Triade is a Cadillac in comparison IMO. YMMV

Mutescream

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was just using the Rx for a size comparison, as the Rx felt just a wee bit too big to hold in the hand comfortably. I already have a cuboid, so I don't need the Rx. The Triade would be for when I need more power than the cuboid provides.

LLF1968

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got black leather. Not much difference from the triade 200 lol. I bought it because i regret selling my triade 200, and it was cheaper and far more reliable than the vtbox200(based on reviews). :cheers:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice Steve! I just collect the covers now, it's cheaper that way:giggle:
This is the ultimate way to justify a purchase to yourself (and your significant other :D) >>>
The mod was on sale for only $111. When you consider I would have had to pay at least $20 for the cover - I really only paid $91 for the rest of the mod. Heck the chip alone costs at least $80 so it was really a great bargain :teehee:.

I can justify a purchase with the best of them :giggle:.

Cheers,
Steve

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wasn't this $111 at Ecig with 25% off? Now it's $149. Not buying it right now or another site. My Triade DNA200 just ripped new batteries again so might as well stick with it. Evolv told me the only difference is 50 watts and 2 amps. That site that said all those special new features lied.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, Some website I saw said it had all these new settings. I don't remember where. I was just referring to that. The spec sheet is indeed perfectly accurate.

That is silly to call me a Troll for that.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a few pictures I took for a friend of mine that was wondering how the Triade250 looks with a 22mm RTA on it. Excuse the way the Bellus looks. I haven't used it for awhile but I grabbed it because it's a solid 22mm. These were just quick pictures I took so they are not the greatest.

L to R Triade250 with 22mm Black Bellus, Triade250 with 25mm SS Aromamizer Supreme
IMG_20161027_173608_zpsdvyfm5dj.jpg

IMG_20161027_173429_zps931qxsyl.jpg

IMG_20161027_173456_zpsguac1pzh.jpg

IMG_20161027_173401_zpsql6q1y5u.jpg

IMG_20161027_173507_zpsi395tejo.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Triade 200 is still in the box. NOT meaning to be disrespectful to the DNA gang but for my money, the FSK chip is better. I may not have all the settings and customization capabilities, but the G2 is still my favorite. Before anyone jumps up and gets offended, I have a VF DNA133 in my daily use bag. I love the format, just wish they'd put a fsk chip in it. A quick comparison, the VF had the Dotmod Petri rta on it. At 0.25 ohms, I had it set at 74watts and 430deg. F for a very decent vape. I took the tank off and put it on the G2. At 53 watts and 400deg. F it is much better.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Triade 200 is still in the box. NOT meaning to be disrespectful to the DNA gang but for my money, the FSK chip is better. I may not have all the settings and customization capabilities, but the G2 is still my favorite. Before anyone jumps up and gets offended, I have a VF DNA133 in my daily use bag. I love the format, just wish they'd put a fsk chip in it. A quick comparison, the VF had the Dotmod Petri rta on it. At 0.25 ohms, I had it set at 74watts and 430deg. F for a very decent vape. I took the tank off and put it on the G2. At 53 watts and 400deg. F it is much better.
I have no problem with people using what they like best. However if I went into the G2 thread and said this mod would be better if only it had a DNA chip in it, I'm pretty sure I would be called a troll. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure you know I would. I'm not jumping up and down or upset, I just don't understand why you felt the need to come into a DNA thread and say you like the FSK chip better. To each his own. Like I said people should use what they like best.
Any news about the HCIGAR DNA250?

Still just the Ad as far as I know. I haven't seen it on presale or anything like that yet.

Cheers,
Steve

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no problem with people using what they like best. However if I went into the G2 thread and said this mod would be better if only it had a DNA chip in it, I'm pretty sure I would be called a troll. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure you know I would. I'm not jumping up and down or upset, I just don't understand why you felt the need to come into a DNA thread and say you like the FSK chip better. To each his own. Like I said people should use what they like best.

Still just the Ad as far as I know. I haven't seen it on presale or anything like that yet.

Cheers,
Steve

Lol,I wonder the same thing! G2 users always have something to say against DNA ... it's funny!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't trolling, I was actually reading about the Triade 250. Like you said, to each his own. I think I deserve a Troll badge, this is the first time ever I was called a troll for merely expressing my opinion.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
....and ej, i didn't say the G2 is better, it just does things better and more efficiently.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't trolling, I was actually reading about the Triade 250. Like you said, to each his own. I think I deserve a Troll badge, this is the first time ever I was called a troll fro merely expressing my opinion.
If you read my post you will see I never called you a troll. What I said and apparently it bears repeating is: If I went into the G2 thread and said this mod would be better if only it had a DNA chip in it, I'm pretty sure I would be called a troll.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For anyone that has a DNA250 mod, I made a custom Welcome screen today to replace the one that came on the Triade.

This is the rather generic one that came on it: 250.png

Here's the one I made (anyone that wants to use it, feel free): DNA250.png

This is the Lost Vape Welcome Screen that came on the mod: LV2.png

This is the Lost Vape Welcome Screen I'm using (I didn't make this one): LV.png

I can post my ecig file if anyone is interested. It has 7TC profiles, 1 for power mode, custom screens, custom theme, battery discharge curve for Samsung 30Q (I also have one for LG HG2 and Samsung 25R) and correct watt hours - just a few extra touches I put on all my DNA mods. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For anyone that has a DNA250 mod, I made a custom Welcome screen today to replace the one that came on the Triade.

This is the rather generic one that came on it: View attachment 65094

Here's the one I made (anyone that wants to use it, feel free): View attachment 65095

This is the Lost Vape Welcome Screen that came on the mod: View attachment 65097

This is the Lost Vape Welcome Screen I'm using (I didn't make this one): View attachment 65096

I can post my ecig file if anyone is interested. It has 7TC profiles, 1 for power mode, custom screens, custom theme, battery discharge curve for Samsung 30Q (I also have one for LG HG2 and Samsung 25R) and correct watt hours - just a few extra touches I put on all my DNA mods. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

I will talk to you soon DNA STEVE

VU Sponsors