Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Le Petit Gros with Sat22 ;)

bcousc2u5cwcfws6g.jpg

Nice. Made for each other. :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't even tried it yet, West, I got it at Christmas time, I should charge it and give it a whirl. I saw you had one, whats the bat life with it?

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't even tried it yet, West, I got it at Christmas time, I should charge it and give it a whirl. I saw you had one, whats the bat life with it?

Don't have it yet. I posted the pic in AU for somebody looking for a wood mini mech. Couldn't resist myself. From my experience with other 18350 mini mechs like those several posts above, I can run my Orchids quite well though with short battery life. If I need it to last longer I go with Erlkonigin or other single coils which I can get a day at work out of. Don't know your vaping style though.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tim, I stole this idea from You... You've been "Cloned"

View attachment 14197

View attachment 14198

Ooooo. Beat me to it, Rob. Blue Ignition and brass SMPL are made for each other. :D

You got me thinking ahead. Blue or black PC tank might look better with that combo, plus a thin Reaper Mods type top cap. I'm making a really thin top cap for a custom wide chimney Orchid. Gonna size it to the short SMPL when I get one. Will show ya soon as I can.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A reaper slam cap would be cool, but I don't know if they are still making them.

View attachment 14208 View attachment 14209

I like the black tank best. Doesn't compete visually with SMPL/Ignition, which is the star. Top cap is not fitting in IMO.

I was thinking of this one:

$_57_picmonkeyed.jpg

But how about all plastic? The new tall bell cap might be just the thing. The radius would start pretty much where the SMPL ends. :)

IMAG0234_picmonkeyed (1).jpg

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/orchid-modification-thread.20819/page-22#post-307495

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the black tank best. Doesn't compete visually with SMPL/Ignition, which is the star. Top cap is not fitting in IMO.

I was thinking of this one:

View attachment 14215

But how about all plastic? The new tall bell cap might be just the thing. The radius would start pretty much where the SMPL ends. :)

View attachment 14216

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/orchid-modification-thread.20819/page-22#post-307495

I like both of those. I may have just found a way to get these also. Reaper Slammed Cap

Slammed-Cap.jpg

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the look and feel of my new woody mini mech on the left. Wish it worked as good as it looked, but unfortunately it fires quite weak as it comes. There are too many electrical connections inside, including two spring contacts, and those compound to create the problem. I can see how to fix it though, replacing both spring contacts with more solid connections. That should get it up to mech performance. It's more than nice enough to justify the effort. :)

IMAG0264_picmonkeyed.jpg

6007007_WOODBOX-BOTH.jpg

www.ebay.com/itm/281494500694?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&var=580528805769&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited:

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice looking, Drifter. Any negatives about the LPG? Airflow restriction, battery rattle, button operation?

They are both working great with the Kayfuns and seem to get plenty of airflow even tho the base is recessed into the mod. These version 2's have tiny air slots around the inside of the top of the mod in addition to pulling air from the 3 vent slots, so no complaints in the airflow so far. It's a hybrid mod with its own hybrid 510 ring, so battery rattle is a non issue. Button throw is just the right length and is nice and smooth. Other than short battrry life I really like these tiny combos ;) Worth it to me to take a 4 pack of 18350's to get thru the day.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are both working great with the Kayfuns and seem to get plenty of airflow even tho the base is recessed into the mod. These version 2's have tiny air slots around the inside of the top of the mod in addition to pulling air from the 3 vent slots, so no complaints in the airflow so far. It's a hybrid mod with its own hybrid 510 ring, so battery rattle is a non issue. Button throw is just the right length and is nice and smooth. Other than short battrry life I really like these tiny combos ;) Worth it to me to take a 4 pack of 18350's to get thru the day.

All good to hear. :) I'm going to spring for one. Maybe get the one with the 18650 extension for versatility. Though it's not really kosher.

Last edited:

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two isticks I use constantly. Anyone have an idea how long they will last?

Eta. Last meaning till they die and can't take a charge anymore.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Zippo insert...

lsvzippo_zps0a6bcdd5.jpg

Ikarus...

ikstealth_zps170b9b3d.jpg

MicroStick...

micro11_zpsb02d6c56.jpg
I'm attempting to save for the 'Mini' version of that 'Micro', you have there; with the extension..probably drop my Lemo innit...or try to save for a Lemo Drop ferrit.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I'd show some pix of the modified Fog Box before I finish shape, sand and stain etc. I did add a few things, a different switch and a full size spring loaded 510, but obviously I mostly took away. After opening the top wood ring to clear 23mm tanks, I thought the remaining wood was too weak and would crack the first time it was dropped. Rather than replace it with brass or plastic as I first thought, I just took most of it away, and added the new 510 so the atty always sits firmly. Couldn't resist exposing the copper battery tube. Total height to the top of the battery tube is now 78mm. All sharp edges will be rounded before refinishing. Feels great in the hand, and will fit nicely in my shirt pocket. :)

I will never do another. Too much work. ;)

imag0361_picmonkeyed-jpg.17811
imag0362_picmonkeyed-jpg.17812
imag0364_picmonkeyed-jpg.17813
imag0366_picmonkeyed-jpg.17814
imag0365_picmonkeyed-jpg.17815
imag0369_picmonkeyed-jpg.17816

http://www.discountvapers.com/fog-box/

Last edited:

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's looking good! A LOT of changes you did. I just sanded mine down and am working on painting it. That's it.

I ran across this little cutey today, thought of you.
http://focalecig.com/Product/Phantus-Mini-Style18350-Mechanical-Mod-by-WaideaBrass-24306
Probably won't be getting one, there's something about me and brass that don't get along well.

Wow, more than cute. That one could actually be really good. :) Very much like Microstick or Gizmo, which has supposedly been cloned. Might actually go for this and figure out how to get the weight down later. :rolleyes:

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL! You'd hate this Kato clone, it's a heavy mofo.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tim, does that lpg restrict the draw at all?
Im kind of wondering that as well, I have a KF4 on the way, and id like a little 350 to use it to take into the office, the gros looks awesome, but worried about the airflow

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
also, i have huge ape hands, the gros style would prevent me from covering the airholes when i try to hit it lol, if the airflow isnt obstrcted by the lip, I am defo buying one

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im kind of wondering that as well, I have a KF4 on the way, and id like a little 350 to use it to take into the office, the gros looks awesome, but worried about the airflow
also, i have huge ape hands, the gros style would prevent me from covering the airholes when i try to hit it lol, if the airflow isnt obstrcted by the lip, I am defo buying one

Air flow on Kayfun V4 won't be affected because the inlets are higher up on that atty. By the same token you won't get the benefit of clearing fingers from air holes.

BTW, I have a regular LPG and this "improved version" which is more slender from the vent holes down to the switch. Have to say I like this one better.

Reactions: Jah

VU Sponsors