Become a Patron!

LET'S SEE YOUR MINI MODS

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes but still half the cost of Penelope v3 ;)

I don't have either but hope to one of these days, especially since I've caught eye of the gizmo mod. I do have the tilemahos (basically a 21mm Penelope) and its awesome, but too short to use in the gizmo effectively without a 510 adapter/extender which I'm not too fond of.

Well, looking at the combo, I can certainly see why you aspire to the Penelope.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
iStick Mini and Erlkonigin Mini. A good fit for stealth. :)

imag0210_picmonkeyed-jpg.12716
imag0214_picmonkeyed-jpg.12717

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the mini istick came out, I wondered why anyone would buy one... I bought one this morning and after seeing yours with the mini Erk, I'm really glad. That looks super!

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Don, how you? Build is 1.5 ohm. A bit too soon to tell for sure about the charge, but it looks like it will do one full tank, which is 2 3/4 ml with the Erl Mini, leaving ~.25 ml air.

D

Donald Bickers

Hey Don, how you? Build is 1.5 ohm. A bit too soon to tell for sure about the charge, but it looks like it will do one full tank, which is 2 3/4 ml with the Erl Mini, leaving ~.25 ml air.
im good man,i run right around 1.00 ohm and was just curious about battery life,,,,im really liking the looks of these stealthy boxes coming out

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im good man,i run right around 1.00 ohm and was just curious about battery life,,,,im really liking the looks of these stealthy boxes coming out

There's a real trade off with this midget. Runs a single coil just fine, not good for my Orchids. Next desirable stop upward would be Cloupor Mini IMO, which would have no such limitation.

D

Donald Bickers

There's a real trade off with this midget. Runs a single coil just fine, not good for my Orchids. Next desirable stop upward would be Cloupor Mini IMO, which would have no such limitation.
you posted while I was getting my ebay page,,,,,hah,,,that's funny

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I look you up Tuesday and show you a pic of the real deal

Donald, I'm almost as excited as you are about your Cloupor coming Tuesday. I've been eyeballing that thing myself. We expect a full report after you toot on it awhile. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Donald Bickers

Donald, I'm almost as excited as you are about your Cloupor coming Tuesday. I've been eyeballing that thing myself. We expect a full report after you toot on it awhile. :)

consider it done brother

D

Donald Bickers

im excited man,,,,,charged up my 3 2500mah efest today in anticipation

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like you're ready. Sucks that the mail didn't bring it to you today. I hope it's awesome for you. I may end up with one.

D

Donald Bickers

Sounds like you're ready. Sucks that the mail didn't bring it to you today. I hope it's awesome for you. I may end up with one.

il be sure and give you an honest opinion on it,,,,,,if something doesn't meet my expectations im not afraid to say "It Sucks"

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep, I much prefer removable batteries also. I think you'll be happy with it.

D

Donald Bickers

1BC3zpz.jpg

New clouper mini w/aerotank customized to take evod coils,i rebuild the coils at 1,00ohm
didn't care for the way it looked with my kayfun lite on it,,,,looked top heavy to me
ive only had it for about an hr,,,still playing with it,,,,but I do see a 21mm rebuildable atomizer in the future

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Head to head. On the left, Erlkonigin Mini on iStick Mini. On the right, Orchid on modified Gripper.

Winner? Of course, the attys are an apples to oranges comparison. It's the pocketable form factor of the complete rig that makes for the contest. I have to say the Orchid on Gripper. The Gripper with a good 18350 will power either RTA nicely, but iStick can't really get the dual coil Orchid going. An adequately powered Orchid trumps an Erlkonigin for vapor quality and air flow. Further, the iStick Mini, though nice and shiny, does not feel as good in the hand as the Gripper. So my eye looks at the iStick, but my hand reaches for the Gripper. The more things change, the more they stay the same. :)

P1212198 edit.jpg

Last edited:
D

Donald Bickers

Head to head. On the left, Erlkonigin Mini on iStick Mini. On the right, Orchid on modified Gripper.

Winner? I have to say the Orchid on Gripper. The Gripper will power either RTA nicely, but iStick can't really get the dual coil Orchid going. An adequately powered Orchid trumps an Erlkonigin for vapor quality and air flow. The iStick Mini, though nice and shiny, does not feel as good in the hand as the Gripper. So my eye looks at the iStick, but my hand reaches for the Gripper. The more things change, the more they stay the same. :)

View attachment 12925
im really liking my clouper,,,the only thing I would like to get is a rebuildable atomizer that is 18 to 20 mm in diameter,i like the looks of my modified aerotank on the clouper,but would really like something like a kayfun in the 18 to 20 mm size
do you have any ideas for that

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im really liking my clouper,,,the only thing I would like to get is a rebuildable atomizer that is 18 to 20 mm in diameter,i like the looks of my modified aerotank on the clouper,but would really like something like a kayfun in the 18 to 20 mm size
do you have any ideas for that

Not a great size range for rebuildable attys. The Erlkonigin is 20.5 mm and gives a Kayfun-like vape with better air flow. Another that I have been looking at, which is a bit under your size range at 17 mm, is the Fogger V5 Mini. To me it looks like a bigger and better Kayfun Mini. Would work perfectly for another side by side rig I'm planning, and may work well for you.

DiscountVapers.com_AMini_fogger_SS_full__96248.1420324465.1280.1280.jpg

http://www.discountvapers.com/fogger-v5-stainless-mini/

D

Donald Bickers

I ordered the Kanger Subtank Nano for my Clouper,its 18.5 mm,i didn't see any rebuildable tanks that tripped my trigger,just have to see how this one is.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
1BC3zpz.jpg

New clouper mini w/aerotank customized to take evod coils,i rebuild the coils at 1,00ohm
didn't care for the way it looked with my kayfun lite on it,,,,looked top heavy to me
ive only had it for about an hr,,,still playing with it,,,,but I do see a 21mm rebuildable atomizer in the future

That Aerotank does look really nice on your Cloupor, Donald. I like that. Hope you like your new Nano you ordered for it.

D

Donald Bickers

Didn't even know about that one. o_O Better than 25mm.
size wise I like it,,,and it is sub ohm,,,,,,looking at the coils ,im gonna see if I can rebuild them,,,i hope anyway
thanks for your info,i really liked the erlkonigin,,,,may still get it

D

Donald Bickers

size wise I like it,,,and it is sub ohm,,,,,,looking at the coils ,im gonna see if I can rebuild them,,,i hope anyway
I think I shot my vape budget for this month

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Unlike some others, those look pretty straightforward to rebuild, even by fumbly fingers like mine. :)

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Left: Caravela, Ignition base, Orchid with Taifun GT tank and top cap. 6 ml capacity.

Right: Gripper (modified), Orchid with Kayfun bell cap and reduced chamber size. 3 ml capacity.

P1222212 edit.jpg

Now that I've got the Ignition base fit with a Fatdaddy spring loaded core on the atty side, and fixed up the other electrical connections, that rig is working great. Heavier than the Gripper, but shorter and holds twice the juice. :)

NYKing

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Attachments

• photo 4 (7).JPG
    photo 4 (7).JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 33
  • photo 4 (10).JPG
    photo 4 (10).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 34

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's less than $4. hahaha Damn good deal anyway.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, no, I didn't think that you were! Been breathing paint fumes all day so thinking is at a minimum anyway today. :) I have one of these I sometimes pair with those little Nano clearos. Size of a carto but no stuffing. Fun little stealth mod! I paid $10 for it, which I thought was pretty decent too.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, no, I didn't think that you were! Been breathing paint fumes all day so thinking is at a minimum anyway today. :) I have one of these I sometimes pair with those little Nano clearos. Size of a carto but no stuffing. Fun little stealth mod! I paid $10 for it, which I thought was pretty decent too.

Slill love the cheap little buggers. I use mine mostly this way, and sometimes in 18500 mode with a battery tube extension. You can find a bunch of different ones in The Gripper Thread. Cheers!

p1222212-edit-jpg.12997

Last edited:

VU Sponsors