Member For 4 Years
Exo on the Charon isn't bad at all :)

OxMFno2.jpg

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A lot more expensive but sits flush on the YiHi mini Q Mini as well just throwing that in the ring
I'd take a black battlestar over any color alien imo. I love aliens while they work but can't imagine someone getting a year out of one. I've yet to make it past 3mo with one lol. Battlestar is an awesome lil mod. I tend to use it more than my pricey mods due to the size and performance is no slouch. I use mine at work instead of ruining my more expensive mods but it has taken a beating. my current alien won't even power on: /

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Apollo I'm gonna try my kylin at the weekend as well just bought one from 3FVape unfortunately think I got the V1 version as colours weren't out when I clicked to buy it eek

It's gonna have to go some to beat this exo though other than the minor issues I pointed out above in an earliest post it's been excellent my favourite so far (got the SS version) never open the top cap with the JUice holes open though I made that mistake the other day and yes I can confirm juice pissed out everywhere! other than that one user error incident it hasnt leaked
I'm really digging my kylin, so far it's my #1 rta but I have a ss exo en route. My troll rta has great flavor but my kylin beats it for sure and i like i can vape it at high wattages. Exo has a big task to beat my kylin but we shall see! I have the black kylin from 1st run and ive had zero probs. Hopefully yours will be ok!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm really digging my kylin, so far it's my #1 rta but I have a ss exo en route. My troll rta has great flavor but my kylin beats it for sure and i like i can vape it at high wattages. Exo has a big task to beat my kylin but we shall see! I have the black kylin from 1st run and ive had zero probs. Hopefully yours will be ok!

Awesome looking forward to it gonna try it today :)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Kylin is a great one for sure as well. Making my next top 5 video is gonna be a challenge. I still think exo is king. I hated the troll lol. Flavor was good but so many issues and poor quality.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'd take a black battlestar over any color alien imo. I love aliens while they work but can't imagine someone getting a year out of one. I've yet to make it past 3mo with one lol. Battlestar is an awesome lil mod. I tend to use it more than my pricey mods due to the size and performance is no slouch. I use mine at work instead of ruining my more expensive mods but it has taken a beating. my current alien won't even power on: /

They need to make a mod for work properly tough little bugger that can be dropped, is splashproof, resistant to dust and what not I'm thinking some sort of dewalt/Milwaukee style mod here ;)

And if your in a pinch you can remove the atty and plug it into the drill to power it lol or some sort of use for work other than vaping ......make the atty extra wide tank so use the e liquid as a Mini spirit level or something ahahaha

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Kylin arrived about a week ago, definitely a flavor atty.

It's odd there is no top cap for juice, just dump directly into the glass with the top cap off, no leaks to report filling, but it's beginning to leak around the 510 pin already.

More chinese scrap metal.....:D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

It's odd there is no top cap for juice, just dump directly into the glass with the top cap off, no leaks to report filling, but it's beginning to leak around the 510 pin already.

Argggg that's even worse directly into the poxy mod! I hate leaky tanks above all else I don't mind a little condensation now and again but leaking under the base really properly pisses me off

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

They fixed that on the color version. I would have made a big deal about no top cap. I'll make sure to mention in my review to avoid the original version.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to hit the hay in a couple minutes, I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the leaky 510 and no metal band below the top cap on the glass.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a drop of juice from the airflow, looks like the 510 is press fit, puddle under the atty which begins leaking down the side of mods. Just more junk, nothing to be concerned about.....:devil:.....:cuss2:

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hahaha I hope not, but if it does I'll see what I can get at the time. Hell my luck just killed a therion, so everything is possible...

I'm hoping that something decent will be available when the time comes anyway.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They need to make a mod for work properly tough little bugger that can be dropped, is splashproof, resistant to dust and what not I'm thinking some sort of dewalt/Milwaukee style mod here ;)

And if your in a pinch you can remove the atty and plug it into the drill to power it lol or some sort of use for work other than vaping ......make the atty extra wide tank so use the e liquid as a Mini spirit level or something ahahaha
Yesss!Lmao! I've been waiting for something that's a lil more rugged but hoping the exoskeleton wasn't their answer lol

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kylin is a great one for sure as well. Making my next top 5 video is gonna be a challenge. I still think exo is king. I hated the troll lol. Flavor was good but so many issues and poor quality.

Well put...good flavor, piss poor quality. luckily it doesn't leak.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Initial thoughts are flavour not as good as exo but it's still very good although running aliens I made in it where as I was only running stock fused claptons on the exo so I'd expect it to compete

Unfortunately like inspects mine fucking leaks that's it I'm done with shitty vandyvape products never again

IMG_1169.JPG

I might if I can be arsed try to wick it differently but I packed it in so can't see why it would leak like it is ...had to close the juice control right down unlike the exo ...

Last edited:

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dang kingpin hate to hear that. Maybe mine leaks I just assumed it was from condensation or something. I notice liquid on my 510 almost every time I remove an atty

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Dang kingpin hate to hear that. Maybe mine leaks I just assumed it was from condensation or something. I notice liquid on my 510 almost every time I remove an atty

Should never get anything under the atty if there is a good seal ...condensation by the air holes is kinda expected now and again but when I got mine had a look around the atty and when fully closed my AFC wobbles slightly shows it's not sealed properly so condensation is getting between it and running down underneath

Such a shame had high hopes for this stay away from V1 peeps

Still had a nice coil shot before I wicked it up :)
IMG_1155.JPG

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Seems like you guys helped me dodge a bullet. I was thinking of ordering this back when I saw this thread and it convinced me to get the EXO instead. Damn good choice. Saddens me you guys are having troubles. :(

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Seems like you guys helped me dodge a bullet. I was thinking of ordering this back when I saw this thread and it convinced me to get the EXO instead. Damn good choice. Saddens me you guys are having troubles. :(

It's a great flavour atty Atru I won't take that away from it as it really is ... and to be fair I've only had it for a short time so it might just take time to settle in or something gonna keep it running as my primary atty for a week before I really give it my final thoughts ...might still be worth checking out the coloured ones SRR was talking about but just beware I've not had much luck with vandyvape stuff didn't like the icon either

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pressed for cash anyway. It's why I went for the Alien after all. I'd have replaced it with DNA Color otherwise. The EXO has me covered pretty well so I'll be sticking with it for a while, especially after receiving the new screws (again, 3x3mm guys), which have made the building experience amazing.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Pressed for cash anyway. It's why I went for the Alien after all. I'd have replaced it with DNA Color otherwise. The EXO has me covered pretty well so I'll be sticking with it for a while, especially after receiving the new screws (again, 3x3mm guys), which have made the building experience amazing.

Awesome to be fair it's the king ding a ling really no need to look elsewhere :)

oSt

Member For 2 Years
I was wondering how you would compare the Exo to the Griffin AIO in terms of flavor and airflow? I think it would be interesting to compare since they are both so versatile and come with multiple decks.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lots of seeping bases. plus their design choice of not having a fill cap

They are legit. I've used them a few times
Well not having any luck with eightvape. I placed my order a week ago and haven't heard the first thing from them since I paid. they won't reply to any message on messenger nor email so not sure what's going on

oSt

Member For 2 Years
Well not having any luck with eightvape. I placed my order a week ago and haven't heard the first thing from them since I paid. they won't reply to any message on messenger nor email so not sure what's going on

I actually went to eightvape to order it over the weekend but they had run out of stock. I thought to email them last night and see when they would restock since they had a good deal and I got a response in under 20 minutes saying they would restock this afternoon. Just came back from work and rechecked their website to find they have 100 Exo's back in stock. I'm thinking they actually didn't have any tanks when you ordered. I was actually placing my order right now but luckily saw your message. I'll likely stay away from the black one in case it gives me those fluctuating ohm readings since their customer service seems like crap.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Dam i never had an issue. Shipped within a day or 2 and arrived in 3-5 days both times i used them

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured they were out of stock, it's just the fact they have ignored every message ive sent. I've sent one message every day for 5 days now with no reply. Yea I ordered the ss myself. Hey SSR, just busted my 2nd glass on my troll rta. All the time I've been vaping I've never broken a tanks glass but have busted both on my troll. Alot folks have had the same issue as well. Oh and BOTH times I had vape bands on the tank lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I figured they were out of stock, it's just the fact they have ignored every message ive sent. I've sent one message every day for 5 days now with no reply. Yea I ordered the ss myself. Hey SSR, just busted my 2nd glass on my troll rta. All the time I've been vaping I've never broken a tanks glass but have busted both on my troll. Alot folks have had the same issue as well. Oh and BOTH times I had vape bands on the tank lol
LMAO it's just a shit quality RTA. hated the troll. So much potential wasted on a few shit quality issues

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LMAO it's just a shit quality RTA. hated the troll. So much potential wasted on a few shit quality issues
I know bro, it could have been a top notch/top contender rda had they actually put effort into the quality. It wasn't a $15 rta, then maybe I'd understand but for $30+, there's plenty of folks putting out quality rtas. I almost rather it vape awfully, then I wouldn't care but it puts off a great vape but gets ruined by the poor quality

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know bro, it could have been a top notch/top contender rda had they actually put effort into the quality. It wasn't a $15 rta, then maybe I'd understand but for $30+, there's plenty of folks putting out quality rtas. I almost rather it vape awfully, then I wouldn't care but it puts off a great vape but gets ruined by the poor quality
exactly. go with the velocity style deck instead of the melt your insulator too much metal deck, some nice hex post screws and some thicker glass and bam instant winner. Geekvape makes better quality stuff for the same price. It can be done easily. Wotofo is pretty low on my list of good atty manufacturers.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea the lush plus was pretty good but I haven't had the best luck with some of their other stuff. Just got a shipping confirmation from 8vape; ) u plan on trying out the Azeroth rta? I ordered the rda version, it shipped today so should have it wed or thur

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yea the lush plus was pretty good but I haven't had the best luck with some of their other stuff. Just got a shipping confirmation from 8vape; ) u plan on trying out the Azeroth rta? I ordered the rda version, it shipped today so should have it wed or thur
I was thinking about it no plans yet

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking about it no plans yet

I came close to getting the rta too but decided to wait. Kinda thinking wicking maybe be an issue, not sure what builds are gonna work best in it. I've never ran more than dual coils in any rda/rta so I mainly got it outta curiosity but the rta and rda both been getting praise

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I came close to getting the rta too but decided to wait. Kinda thinking wicking maybe be an issue, not sure what builds are gonna work best in it. I've never ran more than dual coils in any rda/rta so I mainly got it outta curiosity but the rta and rda both been getting praise
Alot of my dual coil builds would be stupidly low ohms in triple config. Probably below the limit of most of my mods

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alot of my dual coil builds would be stupidly low ohms in triple config. Probably below the limit of most of my mods

That was my concern so I hollered at James Mucklin which is who I get my premade coils from, and he fixed me up some 29ga aliens that come in at .14 and his 28ga come in at .11 for triple coil. I got in my 6 core aliens from James today, absolutely phenomenal coils. His coils are the best I've used and his pricing is very fair considering the quality of coils he is producing, can't recommend him enough

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That was my concern so I hollered at James Mucklin which is who I get my premade coils from, and he fixed me up some 29ga aliens that come in at .14 and his 28ga come in at .11 for triple coil. I got in my 6 core aliens from James today, absolutely phenomenal coils. His coils are the best I've used and his pricing is very fair considering the quality of coils he is producing, can't recommend him enough
nice!

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No leaking issues with my kylin. The flavor that comes out of this bad boy....Jesus Christ. My only con is that you have to unscrew to top cap. wishing it was like the Melo 300 slide top.

Attachments

• Kylin_rta.jpg
    Kylin_rta.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 17

VU Sponsors