Become a Patron!

Ijoy EXO RTA

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I purchased another one on these RTA's from Fasttech. This time stainless steel instead of black. I should have ordered the black again. The AFC is much more free moving on the stainless one. I can't say that it's been an issue yet, but I just like the tighter feel of the AFC on the black one.

I have the SS version and when the tank is on my mod I can barely adjust the AFC...which is no problem since I keep it wide open all the time. But if I was wanting to adjust it I would almost need a sharp tool to move it or my fingernail. I don't have a black one, but if it is tighter than the SS I'm not sure it could be adjusted on the mod very easy at all. Maybe mine is just extra tight?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I accidentally lost the o-ring where the AFC fits on. It moves very easily, a bit too much, but still better than the normal way. I did find the o-ring in the kitchen and put it back on and it just sucks wind.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got the VGOD RDTA...and there is NO air flow adjustment!...solves my problem. Thankfully I really like the airflow on it just how it came. DTL with just the slightest restriction. Perfect on that particular RDTA.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just realized that I typed AFC rather than JFC. It's the juice flow control that is much more loose on my stainless steel one versus my black one. As far as the AFC, it's about the same on both.....a little bit of a pain, but like @DP2Raja, I keep mine wide open so it's no big deal.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just realized that I typed AFC rather than JFC. It's the juice flow control that is much more loose on my stainless steel one versus my black one. As far as the AFC, it's about the same on both.....a little bit of a pain, but like @DP2Raja, I keep mine wide open so it's no big deal.

aaah, I get it now. I was wondering why your AFC would be that loose...but ya never can tell. Each batch can be different.

My JFC is pretty loose, but stays in place well enough once I set it.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My JFC was also very loose when the o-ring was off the AFC. When I put it back on the JFC tightened up. Between the two of them constantly sliding around it was driving me nuts, especially when I was driving.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Put an order in for this rta today when a thread gets over 400 posts for an atty and it's still on topic it's gotta be worth checking out ;) well that and SRR pegged it above Boreas and the supreme!
I ordered a second EXO today, along with a Merlin rdta, a Combo rdta, an authentic Pharaoh rda, a Druga clone, and some odds and ends.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I ordered a second EXO today, along with a Merlin rdta, a Combo rdta, an authentic Pharaoh rda, a Druga clone, and some odds and ends.

Nice mate! The Merlin need big ass coils you only get the best from it when you rock them

Pharoah Dripper has risen to equal number one atty for me bloody love it

I did something similar

Got the Druga in black, this exo, kylin and the Geekvape mech pro with the medusa :) love god damn vapemail!

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Put an order in for this rta today when a thread gets over 400 posts for an atty and it's still on topic it's gotta be worth checking out well that and SRR pegged it above Boreas and the supreme!

Not really a comparison between the EXO and the Boreas or Supreme. Different kind of atty. I will tell you I do enjoy the EXO and it is an excellent, no leak, flavor atty. You will be happy with it I would bet my juice on that!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got it from Half Moon Mods. Its a 510 super shorty. The color is called fire and ice. It was 15.99. They make some awesome dt.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I got it from Half Moon Mods. Its a 510 super shorty. The color is called fire and ice. It was 15.99. They make some awesome dt.

Yeah got a half moon drip tip myself love it should have recognised it really doh! thanks I'll be getting that colour for sure!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah got a half moon drip tip myself love it should have recognised it really doh! thanks I'll be getting that colour for sure!
Your welcome. Yeah ive spent so much money on dt with them. They are really nice for the price.

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't go nuts just yet on those.

In my own experiences I've never had much luck with first run OEM glass replacements coming out of china. Usually end up getting the exact size wrong size 50% of the time, before they go on to relist another version. ect ect.

I looked at the listing and it says the replacement glass can fit the limitless plus as well. Checked my limitless plus versus the Exo glass tanks and they're not interchangeable. Fasttech has the Exo replacement glasses available now.

I haven't started using mine yet, so I have no comments on performance, but I spent time cleaning it and putting it together. First, getting the top cap off was a major pain. Mine arrived overtightened so I had to use two pliers to unscrew the top cap-- one to hold the chimney steady and one to unscrew. Second, the AFC and juice control has me a bit flummoxed. Am doing this right? I turn the AFC and my juice flow opens or closes with it. They're not independent of each other?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I looked at the listing and it says the replacement glass can fit the limitless plus as well. Checked my limitless plus versus the Exo glass tanks and they're not interchangeable. Fasttech has the Exo replacement glasses available now.

I haven't started using mine yet, so I have no comments on performance, but I spent time cleaning it and putting it together. First, getting the top cap off was a major pain. Mine arrived overtightened so I had to use two pliers to unscrew the top cap-- one to hold the chimney steady and one to unscrew. Second, the AFC and juice control has me a bit flummoxed. Am doing this right? I turn the AFC and my juice flow opens or closes with it. They're not independent of each other?

The AFC and the JFC are separate. The former tends to be tight while the latter tends to be loose.

The trick to the top cap is to tighten it to where you think it should be then back it off 1/4-1/2 turn. Even then, it can lock down on you. I just checked the one I've been using all morning and it's locked down again. I got two of these last week and it's fucking essential for this tank...it works great. I keep one at home and one in my case I take with me when I leave the house.

http://www.3fvape.com/vape-tools/13...ctional-vape-tweezers-black.html#.WSVG_qJ371w

All that being said, I think the flavor using the 2ml and single coil is fantastic.

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I decided to test it finally and I can see -- now that it's on a mod -- that the AFC and JFC can move independently of each other, so I'm fine, though it still isn't easy to manage. I'm using the 2ml, single coil option, with a .48 alien clapton and some Jap organic cotton. Flavor is excellent for a tank. I've got the air flow wide open. I'll probably remove the plug to get in even more air in there to see how that works. What I like about it so far: versatility, flavor, and looks. What I don't like: everything threads in the same direction so the more I adjust the AFC and JFC, the more stuck the top cap is to the chimney/juice fill section; the knurled parts aren't tall enough to get a good grip on them so it's a struggle to adjust things -- maybe 1-2mm taller and the grip would be more comfortable.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I decided to test it finally and I can see -- now that it's on a mod -- that the AFC and JFC can move independently of each other, so I'm fine, though it still isn't easy to manage. I'm using the 2ml, single coil option, with a .48 alien clapton and some Jap organic cotton. Flavor is excellent for a tank. I've got the air flow wide open. I'll probably remove the plug to get in even more air in there to see how that works. What I like about it so far: versatility, flavor, and looks. What I don't like: everything threads in the same direction so the more I adjust the AFC and JFC, the more stuck the top cap is to the chimney/juice fill section; the knurled parts aren't tall enough to get a good grip on them so it's a struggle to adjust things -- maybe 1-2mm taller and the grip would be more comfortable.
I'm running the single coil deck with tri-core aliens, 28×3/36, 6 or 7 wrap, ohming at .39. I have it in tall mode with airflow wide open. I took the airflow plug thing out. Really nice vape. Use it everyday.

I do agree with you about the afc and jfc being hard to adjust. I got use to it and only turn off and on my jfc without a problem.

Great tank, can't believe it's not more popular.

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried several coils on the dual deck and the only ones I've liked are the ones it came with.

I've tried stainless Clapton from advanced vape supply, two cheap "alien" claptons and two regular claptons from demon killer. Best I'm getting is a muted flavor.

Maybe I'll try the single coil deck with the one coil I have left it came with.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've tried several coils on the dual deck and the only ones I've liked are the ones it came with.

I've tried stainless Clapton from advanced vape supply, two cheap "alien" claptons and two regular claptons from demon killer. Best I'm getting is a muted flavor.

Maybe I'll try the single coil deck with the one coil I have left it came with.
what wattage? I use wire from AVS mostly (love the staggered fused escpially) and the exo is a flavor monster with that wire

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
what wattage? I use wire from AVS mostly (love the staggered fused escpially) and the exo is a flavor monster with that wire
I agree, the exo is a flavor monster in single coil mode. It's nice with the dual coil deck, but it shines as a single coiler.

I love AVS wire too. I have a roll of there triple core fused claptons. 30×3/38g. Super nice wire. I tried there staggered fused claptons and they are super nice. I got a sample with my last order. Will be ordering with my next order with them.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I agree, the exo is a flavor monster in single coil mode. It's nice with the dual coil deck, but it shines as a single coiler.

I love AVS wire too. I have a roll of there triple core fused claptons. 30×3/38g. Super nice wire. I tried there staggered fused claptons and they are super nice. I got a sample with my last order. Will be ordering with my next order with them.
Yeah they are my go to for spooled wire but when i really want to treat myself i'll get some from @b_d_builders

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

3mm ID, 7 wraps, 28g x2, 40g ohms out to I think it was .24. I started around 40w and maxed at about 75w. I couldn't get it any higher. Maybe I over wicked it. Not sure. All I know is the vape was pretty cool, dry and flavorless. Took it all apart this morning and washed it and currently using my supertank .5 ohm coil at 52w. Thick vapor and lots of flavor. Trying to decide what to do with the exo next.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
3mm ID, 7 wraps, 28g x2, 40g ohms out to I think it was .24. I started around 40w and maxed at about 75w. I couldn't get it any higher. Maybe I over wicked it. Not sure. All I know is the vape was pretty cool, dry and flavorless. Took it all apart this morning and washed it and currently using my supertank .5 ohm coil at 52w. Thick vapor and lots of flavor. Trying to decide what to do with the exo next.
that sounds like a build that needs a lot more then 75 watts

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree you may have too much wick. Just had a similar issue with my Crius+. I kept pulling out tiny bits of the wicking until it acted right. Guess I'll start with a tad less next time. But it's easier to subtract a little than add to it lol.

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree you may have too much wick. Just had a similar issue with my Crius+. I kept pulling out tiny bits of the wicking until it acted right. Guess I'll start with a tad less next time. But it's easier to subtract a little than add to it lol.

Well there was very very little resistance when pulling it through the coils. Maybe I need to shorten my tails so they don't reach the bottom of the juice wells?

Over 75w and I was tasting burnt cotton. I didn't try to rewick it. Was my first time using stainless so just assumed stainless wasn't for me.

Think I'll try again using shorter tails on the dual deck and slap the last stock coil in the single coil deck and give em both a go later.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well there was very very little resistance when pulling it through the coils. Maybe I need to shorten my tails so they don't reach the bottom of the juice wells?

Over 75w and I was tasting burnt cotton. I didn't try to rewick it. Was my first time using stainless so just assumed stainless wasn't for me.

Think I'll try again using shorter tails on the dual deck and slap the last stock coil in the single coil deck and give em both a go later.
Did you remove hot spots?

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They looked good to me after working out the hotspots. They appeared to glow pretty evenly when I was done from inside out. Granted this is my first RTA and I've only wicked and installed coils a grand total of about 6 times. I've watched plenty of videos (especially yours which was very helpful thanks).

Gonna give it a shot again and see what happens. Spend more time playing with it and see what I can come up with.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
They looked good to me after working out the hotspots. They appeared to glow pretty evenly when I was done from inside out. Granted this is my first RTA and I've only wicked and installed coils a grand total of about 6 times. I've watched plenty of videos (especially yours which was very helpful thanks).

Gonna give it a shot again and see what happens. Spend more time playing with it and see what I can come up with.
is your resistance jumping at all?

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is your resistance jumping at all?

Had that issue when I first installed the aliens. Philips head screws suck. I swapped them out with hex. I was getting .23 or .24 on my mod which I assume is well within tolerance given the coils could actually be say .235ohms.

Is there any tolerance on variance what so ever? I know they weren't touching the chamber or anything I inspected very closely.

Out of curiosity should I install them as close as possible to the air holes or raise them up high?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

It could be that your tails were just too thick. I too am a student of Anthony's wicking techniques, but I still manage to screw up occasionally lol.

I underwicked on my first attempt with the single coil, and got leaking from the afc. Nailed it with the dual coil first try. Then got it just right with the single on my second try, while overstuffing the Crius dual-coil 5 mins later lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Had that issue when I first installed the aliens. Philips head screws suck. I swapped them out with hex. I was getting .23 or .24 on my mod which I assume is well within tolerance given the coils could actually be say .235ohms.

Is there any tolerance on variance what so ever? I know they weren't touching the chamber or anything I inspected very closely.

Out of curiosity should I install them as close as possible to the air holes or raise them up high?
that little of a difference is fine. I agree on phillips i wish every RTA would use hex screws. For the coils i'd go as close to the air holes as you can but make sure they don't touch

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am getting excellent flavor even with my simple twisted wire (due to having 100 meters of 316L wire hahahahahhahahaha). My hex screws still haven't arrived but due to using a decent screwdriver I'm relatively ok.

As for wicking, my opinion is that it shouldn't easily move through the coil. Personally I cut my KGD, remove the skins, stretch it, roll it and feed it. The important thing is to fluff the ends of the tails, meaning the parts that get in the wells. Fluff those enough so that your wells are covered but it moves easily inside them. This ensures a constant flow, with significant juice in the coil at all times, since the fat parts of the tails have quite a bit of capacity. Your coils will never dry up like this.

These instructions are meant as the idiot-proof method, which even semi-competent builders like me, can depend upon. For anything better and more in depth, watch your preferred reviewers :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am getting excellent flavor even with my simple twisted wire (due to having 100 meters of 316L wire hahahahahhahahaha). My hex screws still haven't arrived but due to using a decent screwdriver I'm relatively ok.

As for wicking, my opinion is that it shouldn't easily move through the coil. Personally I cut my KGD, remove the skins, stretch it, roll it and feed it. The important thing is to fluff the ends of the tails, meaning the parts that get in the wells. Fluff those enough so that your wells are covered but it moves easily inside them. This ensures a constant flow, with significant juice in the coil at all times, since the fat parts of the tails have quite a bit of capacity. Your coils will never dry up like this.

These instructions are meant as the idiot-proof method, which even semi-competent builders like me, can depend upon. For anything better and more in depth, watch your preferred reviewers :)

Hey, can you tell me the size of the hex screws?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only had the Exo for 2 days but the flavor is way better than any of the other tanks I've tried. It's performing so well for me in both single and dual coil mode -- so much so that I'm tempted to get another one. :bliss:

Well, as much as I think it can be a pain in the ass, I ordered another one, which makes 3. When I use any of my other tanks they just don't hold up to the EXO.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've only had the Exo for 2 days but the flavor is way better than any of the other tanks I've tried. It's performing so well for me in both single and dual coil mode -- so much so that I'm tempted to get another one. :bliss:
glad to hear it :) it is a flavor monster for sure

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
For what it's worth, if anybody needs an Exo, or wanted another one, I found them at:
https://www.eightvape.com/products/ijoy-exo-rta?variant=34855630918
for 19.95 plus $4.25 shipping to MS at least.

I know nothing whatsoever about the company since I've never ordered from them. I'm simply passing on what I found. From what I can gather they do appear to be located in the US.

Edit: if it goes to ********** before it redirects to the site, that IS NOT an affiliate link of mine!!

I found the site purely from a google search and didn't realize it redirected before I posted. I know how touchy affiliate links are around here and would never post one knowingly.
Solid site. I got my fuchai duo 3 from them. ordered 5-25 and got it yesterday. plus i got a gold alien and snow wolf 200 plus from them before as well

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Got my exo today just mounted the stock coils for the minute ...it's got an absolutely top notch draw on it and flavour comes through really well even with the extension on so far really like it (went for the dual coil deck first) I'll try the shorty with single coil next :)

IMG_1136.JPG

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Got my exo today just mounted the stock coils for the minute ...it's got an absolutely top notch draw on it and flavour comes through really well even with the extension on so far really like it (went for the dual coil deck first) I'll try the shorty with single coil next :)

View attachment 83283
Very nice combo!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks matey love that mech as well shame I didn't get that clear side panel you got though :( would have been rocking that for sure
The Rabox? It's not mech but it's not very adjustable it's very nice but so far i'm liking it

VU Sponsors