Become a Patron!

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The story of Evolv and the DNA40 is surely a sad one but can still have a happy next chapter... They appear to be taking their time and doing things better with the 200; they're not rushing it out en-mass and using willing guinea pigs (early adopters) to test and sort out the issues. As for me, I'm looking to buy in 3-6 months once they have a dual 18650 chip running the same software, a DNA133 or whatnot. Thus far, their software is unparalleled (how long will that last?).

All this tech is pushed out so quickly there's always a risk of failure (hopefully small and non-catastrophically). If you want something you know will be reliable then you have read-up on the fate of others and then wait for at least the third production run of anything. I still have yet to buy a real DNA chip but patiently awaiting this next generation and hopeful Evolv can make it my first.

As for the Asolo, it's an interesting spin on the tech but not what I'm after. It's just overheat protection but it's sure an amusing thread to read.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
@gracexhen I sent you a email about purchase of a sample unit.
TAKING ONE FOR THE VU TEAM
Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
would you send the email to me again. i will reply you as soon as i got your email.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Feel free to send me one for free, I'm just a poor boy from a poor family.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
You mean to say the Asolo can't really do TC with Kanthal after all??? Fuck that's a letdown. My hopes are soo dashed... I think I'm gonna have to kill myself now.

@gracechen: thanks a buncharoony: I was so hot for you and your product, now I'm totally flaccid.

it can do temp control for kanthal. pure kanthal.
base on kanthal diameter thinner than 0.3mm. coil resistance higher than 0.5ohm.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
base on kanthal diameter thinner than 0.3mm. coil resistance higher than 0.5ohm.
Well, when and who is reviewing it so that we can see that in action.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
why does the resistance have to be so high for temp control?
what is the resistance requirement for ni200 or ti for temp / taste control? is it also 0.50 ohms? if so Im gonna go broke making coils lol

Edit: Pure Kanthal? did you get some of that from the wizard of Oz?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forget this thing. I can't even get them to send me one to see if we can test it and sell it. They're full of asolo. I have read on another forum that Inokin is coming out with the same concept.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We've brought that up back in the beginning of this thread.
And the almighty gracechen will be quick to say that innokin is requiring a proprietary tank for it to work properly,... which translated means that out of the two the innokin will at least work as advertised,

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a link to Vape Royalty. Looks like they're getting ready to sell it. Staff removed link , this is a vendors thread

Last edited by a moderator:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Will be cool to see how it performs...... that one I may find myself having an interest in.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wonder what the sensor on the tank looks like

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wonder what the sensor on the tank looks like
Would be cool if the sensor were moveable to different atty somehow.
I don't know about others but I alternate between tanks and dripper throughout the day so being bound to one tank all day would be a deal breaker.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to check into this one. Forget Gracechen. She pm'ed me that the first ones of theirs were going to reviewers and select distributers. So Breazy's not that important to them. Seeing that we are well liked on the forum doesn't mean much I guess

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Okay then: how does it work?

You do realize you do need to provide proof of what you claim to be credible at this point, right? Proof in the form of a convincing explanation of how it works, or an actual device that an independent reviewer can assess. Posting videos, marketing material and repeating lies over and over don't make it true...

Proof, Gracechen. PROOF....

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Okay then: how does it work?

You do realize you do need to provide proof of what you claim to be credible at this point, right? Proof in the form of a convincing explanation of how it works, or an actual device that an independent reviewer can assess. Posting videos, marketing material and repeating lies over and over don't make it true...

Proof, Gracechen. PROOF....
i will check when will the video coming out tomorrow. and will proof for all support here.

another good news is:
all people reply this thread can enjoy purchase this item at hard of the price.
just email to me if interested in testing this mod.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i will check when will the video coming out tomorrow. and will proof for all support here.

another good news is:
Why should we pay to be a beta tester?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right why pay to be a Guinea Pig?

Exactly. Here's a picture of some beta tester Guinea Pigs ready for consumption:

roasted-guinea-pig-4-b.jpg

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

another good news is:
Hard of price? What does that mean?
Im assuming, half?
$80 puts that in the range of known performing TC mods... Why wouldn't I just go buy a snow wolf or ipv li?
I'll give you $40 to test and produce an independent review video.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hard of price? What does that mean?
Im assuming, half?
$80 puts that in the range of known performing TC mods... Why wouldn't I just go buy a snow wolf or ipv li?
I'll give you $40 to test and produce an independent review video.
If this device does what you say it can, I'll be able to prove it, and post the video here. If it works the way you say, I'm certain it will drum up business for you.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's because of this thread, gracechen and all the BS that we will be looking into and waiting for different companies with this type of temp control. (if it is a reality) So far it has been nothing more than a few pictures and a thread on multiple forums. If it is for real and it works good for you gracechen!

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll go one further. Send me the mod. If it works as well as the claims, and lasts more than 2 weeks, I'll send you the full asking price of the mod, as well as post reviews of it on all of the big vaping forums, Facebook, reddit and maybe even YouTube. If it fails to live up to any of the claims, you can send me the return shipping fees and you get the mod back

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
why does the resistance have to be so high for temp control?
what is the resistance requirement for ni200 or ti for temp / taste control? is it also 0.50 ohms? if so Im gonna go broke making coils lol

Edit: Pure Kanthal? did you get some of that from the wizard of Oz?
My concern would be the diameter of wire, at least for kanthal. Essentially you need 29 awg and higher, No problem making a 0.5 ohm coil with that! With a 2.5 ID that's roughly 2 1/2 wraps

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
half price to get Asolo have to end here, too many people apply for it. we will response the request email soon. thank you for the support.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
It's because of this thread, gracechen and all the BS that we will be looking into and waiting for different companies with this type of temp control. (if it is a reality) So far it has been nothing more than a few pictures and a thread on multiple forums. If it is for real and it works good for you gracechen!
thank you for the concern. and the test review should come this week or next week. i will post the link here.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
half price to get Asolo have to end here, too many people apply for it. we will response the request email soon. thank you for the support.
What ever.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Forget this thing. I can't even get them to send me one to see if we can test it and sell it. They're full of asolo. I have read on another forum that Inokin is coming out with the same concept.
hey breazy,
i have explain to you in our conversation.
i know you are not get the free sample, you talk to me you will review and send it back.
it is not a good choice for us.
i am thinking to keep you waiting for another two weeks. after the video is on line, after the product is in the market. then you can consider to take this product or not.
thank you for your support.

gracechen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

it is not full review. hopefuly to get more video coming out next week.

Dragger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
hey breazy,
i know you are not get the free sample, you talk to me you will review and send it back.
i am thinking to keep you waiting for another two weeks. after the video is on line, after the product is in the market. then you can consider to take this product or not.

Gracechen,

I am not Breazy. But I have done business with the company and hold them in much higher regard than I do your company.

It is not a good choice for you? I'm happy to inform you that your company and products are not a good choice for me. You have lost one more potential customer who will tell everyone he knows about your company's arrogance.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey breazy,
Maybe you don't understand. If it actually works why would we want to wait until after it comes out to sell it. I would like to be one of the first to carry it if it works as good as you say it does. So you must not understand what we are saying. If you have it and it works I will even pay for one to try it. so far you cannot produce the mod for anyone to purchase or try

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank You Dragger for your kind words. We always try to do the best for our customers that we can !

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well ill confess, I emailed gracechen and was going to take one for the team. the response was essentially a statement of it's not ready yet......hahahaha

And I watched that video all I Learned was:

The battery door has issues
Ijoy needs a good dictionary

@gracechen if you would like; I don't mind sending you an English dictionary

VU Sponsors