Become a Patron!

i need help with diy ejuice

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I can't do pg.. the most I can tolerate is 10%, the rest is vg..
I end up coughing my head off and my voice sounds really bad.. :oops:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first began mixing I only did 100% pg. I got a lot of leakage because that is very thin and runny. But tanks would clog with high vg. Today for an enclosed tank, perhaps an rba like the kayfun, I think a lot of wicking issues many users report can be solved by reducing the vg.

I've mentioned high vg issues with enclosed tanks on Facebook and gplus and got many replies from vapers saying "of course you can vape full 100% vg in an rba". But what they fail to recognise is that not everyone is expert. For many, I suggest a lower vg percentage. Use something to thin your juice like water, pg or pg based flavouring concentrate until you get better at setting up your own wicks or get a better tank.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I just got my Big Budda..
It's like an over sized kayfun for my hades..
Right now.. no issues.. running 90% VG (including my nic) 9% flavor and 2% white rum.
I think I like my new toy! it's having no issues keeping up with me.. :)

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I first began mixing I only did 100% pg. I got a lot of leakage because that is very thin and runny. But tanks would clog with high vg. Today for an enclosed tank, perhaps an rba like the kayfun, I think a lot of wicking issues many users report can be solved by reducing the vg.

I've mentioned high vg issues with enclosed tanks on Facebook and gplus and got many replies from vapers saying "of course you can vape full 100% vg in an rba". But what they fail to recognise is that not everyone is expert. For many, I suggest a lower vg percentage. Use something to thin your juice like water, pg or pg based flavouring concentrate until you get better at setting up your own wicks or get a better tank.

I've tried thin wicks, thick wicks, long wicks, short wicks, medium wicks, wicks in channels, wicks around channels, wicks away from channels, rayon wicks, cotton wicks, ss mesh wicks, ss rope wicks, etc. etc. I can run MAX VG in a tank, I just don't think it performs as well as something a little thinner. Especially when I chain vape (I used to suck down a cig in under 3 minutes). PG doesn't bother me, so I choose that.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Strange indeed. I'm just throwing this out there cause I run straight vg with 15% water and a touch of flavoring and my juice wicks really well. Even in a pro tank. I use kayfuns pretty much all the time.

Just sharing.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well today i just made a small purchase for my vv got the protank2 saw it could be rebuilt am try a 70vg/30pg mix right now seems to do ok even though it could be a little sweeter but its vapes gone wild sour skittle and zombie brains i wish i could afford to try everyones juice we have a small store here and its got decent flavors some are just high price i dont really want to spen 20 for a 30ml bottle

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ironprime there are some sweeteners on the market to sweeten up your juice. I don't use them anymore but they work well

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
maybe its just my taste buds since i only recently quit smoke begining of july kinda a birthday gift to me even though ive been vaping on and off for a year now

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you thought about buying the air flow controller for your protank?
they only thing ive seen is id have to drill out the holes to be a little bigger because its the protank 2 i want the aspire nautilis but for 40 buck just dont have that much extra got way to many bills

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Strange indeed. I'm just throwing this out there cause I run straight vg with 15% water and a touch of flavoring and my juice wicks really well. Even in a pro tank. I use kayfuns pretty much all the time.

Just sharing.
Water is thinner than PG, and 15% probably does what ~30% PG does.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When i used a high PG mix on my Kay fun it tended to leak a lot unless i really packed the wick. High vg would dry hit. That was with a standard coil setup. Once i went chimney with outside wick the high vg was perfect. Then again i haven't touched the kayfun in a month. I think it's in a puddle in the console of my truck.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Water is thinner than PG, and 15% probably does what ~30% PG does.
I was referencing hobby kid with his 100% pg post. Hard to do it right with a phone sometimes.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
do any of yall know who has the best but cheapest ejuice before i start making my own just need to test some flavors out first as i go through alot of juice in my protank2 and my itastevv and id be will to test out and review anyones ejuice if the would like

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so why do people go with a higer pg isnt that less cloud and more throat like this i saw PG/VG-ratio: 70/30
I vape 70pg/30vg because, like Huck, my lungs can't handle higher VG - cough, wheeze - feels like I can't breathe! I use VT nic at 6mg, so throat hit isn't really something I look for, and I can live without huge clouds (I can still fog up a room!).

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
as far as i know im vaping on 70vg/30 pg but im not sure it seems kinda runny and i blast through it its ombie brains from vapes gone wild from our little store here but i am a heavy vaper maybe 1000 drags a day

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well i have to ill my protank 2 up almost twice a day

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and thats me trying to be easy on it i just pretty much constantly vape

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my problem is i just dont get my lungs filled like i would like and just cant aford a mod

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's all? That holds, I believe, 2.5ml - so at max you're vaping 5mls a day. I vape - um - at least 12 mls a day many days!
oh i would go through more if i could but i am trying to pace mysel now since losing job

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my problem is i just dont get my lungs filled like i would like and just cant aford a mod
If you purchase the air flow adjuster that I linked to further up you'll be able to take deeper draws, almost lung hits (if that's what you call them).

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah i have to try that i know that will eat up more juice but it is what it is

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah i have to try that i know that will eat up more juice but it is what it is
Erm, I wonder?
When it's a tight draw you draw more juice into the coil chamber / head. So my guess is with an air flow adjuster wide open you'd be drawing more air and less juice

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, this is "da bomb".
Even works on my Anyvape Davide (like a PT2 clone), I just leave it wide open...
Probably the best 2 vaping items I've bought so far.
Besides my ProVari Mini, lol.
They are. I'm mean, I don't use the protank anymore but I bought some from fasttech to check them out and I wish they had sold them when I used to use a pt as they totally transform a tank.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok back at the thread again im looking at kits just to start so i can understand basics better im sure its easier i u buy supplies seperatly though but here it what im looking t and just a little confused is this going to make a 50/50 blend and thats it right now i beleive im using 70vg/30 pg might go to 60/40 next until i get a rda

http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/products/The-DIY-Flavor-Artisans-Apprentice-Kit.html

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The way I'm reading it, they're supplying a ready mixed liquid where you've chosen either 100% pg or a 50/50pg/vg - with it's flavour added and nic strength. Then you select either pg or vg to dilute it to your preference

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't get a kit when I began. You'll have more control over piecing an order together, imo. My first order was 48mg (120ml) nic in PG (240ml), some VG, several flavors from the brand of my choosing, 1ml, 3ml and 5ml syringes, 60ml amber bottles for nice storage, blunt tip luer locks in 14, 16 and 18g...... little sample bottles I already had. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Freeloader

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok back at the thread again im looking at kits just to start so i can understand basics better im sure its easier i u buy supplies seperatly though but here it what im looking t and just a little confused is this going to make a 50/50 blend and thats it right now i beleive im using 70vg/30 pg might go to 60/40 next until i get a rda

http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/products/The-DIY-Flavor-Artisans-Apprentice-Kit.html

Yes. You could make a close to 50/50 buy selecting 100% PG as your E-Liquid blend and Vegetable Glycerin as your Dilution Base Liquid. Your nic will be 100% PG and your 120ml mini jug will be VG.

If you get the 48mg in PG and make 10ml at 12mg using 20% flavoring, you would need an extra .5 ml of PG to make a true 50/50.

Sorry for all the edits ... Time for some sleep here.

Last edited:

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah i have been thinking of just buying seperatly it would be the easiest
Hobby Kid yeah you can buy flavorings to mix in with it to make a few different ones but if its 50/50pgvg do i take the vg dilute base to make it a different strength of mix eg make it into a 70/30 or am i just better off getting seperate ingrediants and i wish they had all this at a local store

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and if im going to buy seperate who would have the best products at the best price im always wary buying online

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Geez whiz that place is expensive... Honestly, I'd skip OSDIYS. It's easier, and cheaper to put together your own kit. Eliquidmart has 5ml flavoring for $1.69 a pop. If you go with Flavor Art, 5ml is a lot of flavoring. My suggestions:
1x USP 36mg Nicotine in 100% VG, 120ml
1x USP VG 250ml
1x USP PG 250ml
2x 3ml Syringe
2x 1ml Syringe
1x 10ml Syringe
5 or 6 flavors

That'll keep you going for a good while. MUCH longer than the kit will.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well here is what i want to do yes i want to make flavorings for myself then maybe get donations to make a decent amout of flavors to donate to people going through a rough patch so that way they can test them then eventually if people like them start selling them just to make a few bucks i know there are tons selling but but the donate part is just to give back to people that are down on their luck like myself

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and our two shops aound here are just too high priced in my opinion the have juice that is like 20$ or a 30 ml bottle it just gets ridiculous around here

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well here is what i want to do yes i want to make flavorings for myself then maybe get donations to make a decent amout of flavors to donate to people going through a rough patch so that way they can test them then eventually if people like them start selling them just to make a few bucks i know there are tons selling but but the donate part is just to give back to people that are down on their luck like myself
Well you don't see many charities in Vape because vape is a business. But there is a charity section here on vu, so you might get some feedback if you make a dedicated post there

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ack! I forgot, I also ordered PG.

My first order came from Wizard Labs. MANY people recommend Vaperstek for Nic, though. They also carry flavors. Bull City Vapor is also an excellent vendor, carries a great selection of flavors and also sells Vapertek nic. All very reliable, great vendors. Before you start mixing, be sure to read a lot, ask as many questions as necessary, research flavoring threads and download an ejuice calculator. There are many. I use ejuicemeup.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
or go to bullcityvapor they have great prices and VT nic base, something you really want but just dont know it yet. also large flavor selection, fast shipping. i just got my order yest for everything i needed to start mixing, one stop shop literally

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well you don't see many charities in Vape because vape is a business. But there is a charity section here on vu, so you might get some feedback if you make a dedicated post there
yeah i just think it would be nice to give back. plus its the best way to get product out at first but i want to make sure product is good in your own opinion guys whats the most popular blends 100vg 50/50 and so on

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ack! I forgot, I also ordered PG.

My first order came from Wizard Labs. MANY people recommend Vaperstek for Nic, though. They also carry flavors. Bull City Vapor is also an excellent vendor, carries a great selection of flavors and also sells Vapertek nic. All very reliable, great vendors. Before you start mixing, be sure to read a lot, ask as many questions as necessary, research flavoring threads and download an ejuice calculator. There are many. I use ejuicemeup.

I would have suggested Vapers tek and/or Bull City, but @ironprime is on a tight budget. IMO, $3.25 for a full bottle of FA flavoring is OK, only after you've figured out what you wanna spend $3.25 on... That said, Bull City does have good prices on TFA stuff. Some is $1.70 for a 15ml vial! That's just shy of 1/2 the price of Wizard Labs.

Scratch that. Bull City's prices on TFA, and Capella are hard to beat. $0.85 for 6ml. That's outstanding. I hadn't looked there today.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm currently at 80pg/20. I can't handle very much VG, even at 25%. Makes my lungs really heavy and congested feeling and hard to breathe sometimes. I still may have to drop VG even lower. I don't chase clouds at all, and my clouds are ok enough for me at 80/20.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah i just think it would be nice to give back. plus its the best way to get product out at first but i want to make sure product is good in your own opinion guys whats the most popular blends 100vg 50/50 and so on

not to worry....you will have some juice soon. :)

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm currently at 80pg/20. I can't handle very much VG, even at 25%. Makes my lungs really heavy and congested feeling and hard to breathe sometimes. I still may have to drop VG even lower. I don't chase clouds at all, and my clouds are ok enough for me at 80/20.
yes im learning about cloud chasers vs flavour chasers right now

VU Sponsors