i need help with diy ejuice

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well as of yesterday,i had a guy that was gonna teach me everything about diy ejuice but due to some circumstances that wont happen for a long time.
so here is my question since im new to it all. what is everything i need to buy to get started and how do i mix it.
do i buy vg and pg seperatly along with flavoring .i need everything for the very start like how to mix what to mix and so on like if i do a 70vg 30pg with flavor how do i mix i use nicotine in the juices i buy at around 6-12 mg.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
or guide me to where i need to go to find the info i need

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well……..

I did a LOT of research before I bought anything. I suggest you do the same… A LOT of it… If you mess up it could make you very sick.. So with that said this is what I did….

I bought VG from a reputable dealer (vaperstek) You can get PG there as well if you like. I also bought my nic from them as well as my flavors. This was after a lot of research as well by the way..

I do my mixing using a program on my laptop. It shows me my percentages in ML which is how I measure. I have many multiple sized syringes that I use to measure out my mix.

I also just got some 250ml bottles where I can put my base ingredients in (pre mixed) so I can just squirt a bit into my bottles.. Add flavor.. and go!! Wheee!!!

I suggest you ask a lot of questions. Many people in this area know a lot about this stuff and I am sure you can get the info you need to start mixing.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i know to buy vg and pg i know when you buy nicotine you dilute it and flavouring is pg based i belive i just want to make sure everything is absolutely right i want one with good flavor good vapor and minor throat hit alot say 50/50 ive been using a 70/vg/30pg right now so that where im trying to figure everything all out like ive i make 100ml of juice how would i mix everything i have just downloaded a calculator for it i thought about pre buying the mi and just add flavouring to it

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://vapingunderground.com/forums/diy-e-liquid-guides-tips-tricks.49/

Here is a whole section of tips, guides lists of vendors..etc And please don't take this comment the wrong way, but when you want to ask a question, please, take a look at what is already available in these forums. Everyone here is always more than willing to answer any questions, but it keeps them from having to answer the exact same questions over an over on a million different threads. And that way all of the great information stays in one place :) Welcome to the wonderful world of DIY! Have fun!

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well like GargoyleK1 I watched a lot of youtube tutorials and also browsed the forums. I didn't use nicotine at the time because there was a big scare going on about some very dangerous nicotine lose in the vape world. So I used menthol crystals for a kind of kick. It worked I suppose.

But unlike GargoyleK1 and most probably every one, I only measure by eye. I'm mostly full vg. So I get my pg from the flavour (20%) and nic. I don't measure the nic as such because I use so little. But I do use 3ml pipettes which help me guage.

I think step number one is understand the math of what it is you're trying to achieve.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i did look around quite a bit i have watched a lot of youtube thats for sure but most of it is trying to fixure out what the best ratios are for different applications and what i need to buy exactly the math part i can for the most part figure out ive lerned a bit also from riptrippers on youtube but he is mostly in to mods which i would also eventually like to get into

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i did look around quite a bit i have watched a lot of youtube thats for sure but most of it is trying to fixure out what the best ratios are for different applications and what i need to buy exactly the math part i can for the most part figure out ive lerned a bit also from riptrippers on youtube but he is mostly in to mods which i would also eventually like to get into
That's because he owns some juice companies lol He's not going to encourage you to go make it yourself. Don't blame him.

Vg is thick. Pg is thin. So you add some of one to the other until you get the constituency you're after. It's standard to mix it with 10% flavour. However for more complex mixes there's a post on vu where people put up their recipes and ideas.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
10% flavor would make me puke… Sorry just saying thats WAY to high for me…

I mix straight VG with 15% water and about 1.5ml of nic concentrate to 15 drops of flavoring in a 30ml bottle… Dunno what percentage of flavor that is.. But its less than 10% for sure.. And I find the flavoring very satisfying at that level.

Not saying 10% is wrong… Just saying start your flavoring low.. Like 1 drop per ml and raise it from there as needed.. You can always add more flavor but taking it away sucks.. :)

Also I use a dripper when I am mixing flavors so I can adjust, vape, adjust, vape, etc….. Once I find a good one I label the bottle with my mix specifics (aka recipe) so I know what I did to make it in case over time I find it is missing something or has to much of something so I can adjust my next mix.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10% flavor would make me puke… Sorry just saying thats WAY to high for me…

I mix straight VG with 15% water and about 1.5ml of nic concentrate to 15 drops of flavoring in a 30ml bottle… Dunno what percentage of flavor that is.. But its less than 10% for sure.. And I find the flavoring very satisfying at that level.

Not saying 10% is wrong… Just saying start your flavoring low.. Like 1 drop per ml and raise it from there as needed.. You can always add more flavor but taking it away sucks.. :)

Also I use a dripper when I am mixing flavors so I can adjust, vape, adjust, vape, etc….. Once I find a good one I label the bottle with my mix specifics (aka recipe) so I know what I did to make it in case over time I find it is missing something or has to much of something so I can adjust my next mix.
I once mixed with distilled water and man! did it hit!!

I mix with 20% flav and vape straight away but over the coming days as it steeps I add more base.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am loving the distilled water over the PG big time.. To me it is night and day difference.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am loving the distilled water over the PG big time.. To me it is night and day difference.
Hmm the reason I didn't keep making it with the water was there was too much disambiguity over the 'bacteria' discussion which I'm sure you e heard more times than you'd care to remember. Idk and I don't do what I don't know about

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If i was worried about that I'd just by RO water from a fish store…. LOL

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
dissapear for a few min and back to confusion lol

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Full vg. Add 20% pg based flavour concentrate and a pinch of nic. What to measure lol
so what ratio would that be since the flavour is pg based

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so what ratio would that be since the flavour is pg based
80/20. However not quite, because the nic is pg based. And then I sometimes add up to another 20%ish pg for certain kayfuns as the runnier juice works better for me. So it would be a 50/50 (50% vg. 20% flav. 20%ish pg and nic).

Tbh I don't aim for a percentage. I just work with it until I'm satisfied with how thin or thick it is and whether it kicks the way I want it to. After mixing some up and adding the nic, I can dab a tiny bit on the back of my hand and test it that way with my tongue whether I need more nic or whether I've over done it and need to dilute. It's kinda like cooking. Some chefs will measure and weigh and some will just do it. I must point out I don't sell juice. It's for personal. But I haven't got time for all this sitting for hours with a clamp and jig to make a coil. And hours in the kitchen to mix some juice. I want it coiled and wicked and good to go. I came to vape it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The flavours I use are very simple btw. Pecan pie, waffle, strawberry shortcake, that sort of thing. They're very easy to work with and also require little-to-no steeping. They can be vaped straight away. They're easy to mix and seldom go wrong. They offer a lot of flexibility.

There are many other flavour concentrates which are much more complicated and would require a more stringent approach. This is when 'measuring' is everything

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm just too tired to read each post...I know...not cool.

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
80/20. However not quite, because the nic is pg based. And then I sometimes add up to another 20%ish pg for certain kayfuns as the runnier juice works better for me. So it would be a 50/50 (50% vg. 20% flav. 20%ish pg and nic).

Tbh I don't aim for a percentage. I just work with it until I'm satisfied with how thin or thick it is and whether it kicks the way I want it to. After mixing some up and adding the nic, I can dab a tiny bit on the back of my hand and test it that way with my tongue whether I need more nic or whether I've over done it and need to dilute. It's kinda like cooking. Some chefs will measure and weigh and some will just do it. I must point out I don't sell juice. It's for personal. But I haven't got time for all this sitting for hours with a clamp and jig to make a coil. And hours in the kitchen to mix some juice. I want it coiled and wicked and good to go. I came to vape it.

i thought it was around that i jut wanted to make sure

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i thought it was around that i jut wanted to make sure
Sounds like you're more than ready. You've done you're research. I remember reading that your first juice will always turn out bad. That's not so true anymore. Things have improved and there's entry of info

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well as of yesterday,i had a guy that was gonna teach me everything about diy ejuice but due to some circumstances that wont happen for a long time.
so here is my question since im new to it all. what is everything i need to buy to get started and how do i mix it.
do i buy vg and pg seperatly along with flavoring .i need everything for the very start like how to mix what to mix and so on like if i do a 70vg 30pg with flavor how do i mix i use nicotine in the juices i buy at around 6-12 mg.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section
Firstly alot of research I highly suggest you use a Juice calculator its pretty simple.... Once you have done much research learn the software its called
E Juice me up you can get it here http://www.ejuice.breaktru.com/ Its not rocket science to mix to get yummy juice can be a challenge but fun :)

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I use that for my juice as well… I pay attention to all of it except the flavoring it suggests… But thats just how I roll...

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's nothing like Disney Land. No giant animations and outrageously expensively food, nor 1 hour lines to stand in. However, we also don't have Space Mountain.
Space mountain. I want a space mountain now. I better not stray from the op's op as he's after help :)

lkerr406

Member For 4 Years
I would suggest
30 ml bottle 60mg 50pg50vg base (aprox $15)
PG you decide on size and price
VG you decide on size and price
Rule of thumb I would buy at least double the amount of nicotine you purchase.

To make 10 ml Unflavored 70pg/30vg 12mg
2ml 60mg 50/50 nicotine
6ml PG
2ml VG

Decide on the flavors you are interested in. Decide on a flavor manufacture. Find the recommended starting percentage for what you are using. For example Flavourart (FA) Strawberry starting recommendation 2-3% The Flavor Apprentice Strawberry starting recommendation 10-15%.

To make 10ml FA Strawberry 70/30 12mg
2ml 60mg 50/50 nicotine
5.7ml PG
2ml VG
.3ml FA Strawberry flavor

You will need something measure with. Lots of folks use syringes. I personally measure by weight. Found an inexpensive scale that will measure .01 gr. Use the original dropper bottles to drop into my mixing bottle on the scale. A lot less clean up and fewer chances of a major spill.

Hope this helps. It is not rocket science. Have fun.
BTW treat that 60mg nicotine with the same respect you would treat any poisonous substance. No splashing, no drinking, clean up spills immediately. Latex/Nitrile gloves and eye protection are a good idea

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Space mountain. I want a space mountain now. I better not stray from the op's op as he's after help :)
feel free to stray im here to stay and learn on this site still struggling with my itastevv3 to find the right setting

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
feel free to stray im here to stay and learn on this site still struggling with my itastevv3 to find the right setting
Ok. That's cool. Posts always end up straying. And then two days later someone reads what was originally written and replies to it

ironprime

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so why do people go with a higer pg isnt that less cloud and more throat like this i saw PG/VG-ratio: 70/30

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use higher PG simply because much more VG than 20% makes my lungs feel too heavy. I'm in it for flavor, not major clouds. Yeah, I want to see some vapor, but it's not why I vape. I like taste, throat hit, then vapor, in that order.

Ironprime, I also have a vv3. I find that when using voltage, I adjust up or down depending on the juice I have going. I don't know why voltage works best for me with the vv3, and I really do like the device for on the go. My MVP, I almost always have set on watts. Makes no sense, but is what it is. My ego... my poor little dying ego. Dieing? Dying? Nearing death.

VU Sponsors