Become a Patron!

HUD, please don’t ban e-cigarettes in public housing

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Funny thing is that I'm old enough to remember every service station not allowing people to pump their own fuel. Got your oil checked and added to if needed, plus all fluids check and top ups as needed, for the price of the gas. $0.37/gallon for Ethyl, $0.34 for standard and I'm not all that old...
I can remember full service stations in every town, but they also had self serve stations. Gas was only as cheap as 49 cents a gallon to my memory.

I can't remember ethyl, but I do remember "leaded or unleaded".

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Regular was 90 octane, Ethyl 100 octane, Super or Super Ethyl was 110-115 octane.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I can remember full service stations in every town, but they also had self serve stations. Gas was only as cheap as 49 cents a gallon to my memory.

I can't remember ethyl, but I do remember "leaded or unleaded".

...and now we all know how old you really are:p

I remember when it was 89 cents.
When I started smoking in 1989 I could get cigarettes for $1.25 a pack at the corner store or $1.55 at the machine at the hotel down the street if the store was closed.
I wish the other kids in the neighborhood and I didn't think that smoking was somehow a good idea back then:(

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Just because I'm very bored...New Jersey and Oregon :p
Law states no pumping your own fuel.

But did you know that it doesn't cover diesel fuel?
If you drive a diesel vehicle, you can pump it yourself.

I was with a buddy and some chick on my way to a rave in New York so we get off the $16.00 ride that's called the "New Jersey turnpike" and go to get gas.
There was this HUGE line of cars because I guess not pumping your own gas takes longer.

So we finally get to the car behind the car that's getting gas.

That car pulls off BEFORE the dude pumping gas takes the nozzle out of the gas tank and the nozzle and hose rips off the gas pump at the top while gas is pumping totally hosing the guy pumping the gas down from head to toe with gas.

My boy was like "daaaaamn", the chick was like "fuck now we have to wait longer" and I said "If you could pump your own fucking gas this wouldn't have happened".:D

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
...and now we all know how old you really are:p

I remember when it was 89 cents.
When I started smoking in 1989 I could get cigarettes for $1.25 a pack at the corner store or $1.55 at the machine at the hotel down the street if the store was closed.
I wish the other kids in the neighborhood and I didn't think that smoking was somehow a good idea back then:(
I'd venture to guess we are actually about the same age. I started smoking the same year at the age of 15. I started dipping in 87'.

VU Sponsors