Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I feel that no one is grasping the fact that it is no longer the right of the property owner to choose when the politicians and state government are the ones forcing the ban.
None of these things would be banned if the government of a "free" country didn't force it on them.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I see.. And VG is not easily washed off with water? the carpet would be damaged in such a way that steam cleaning (tenants responsibility) would not remove it? What about PG? that is used in inhalers. Do you have a right not to rent to ashmatics? Sounds like normal wear and tear to me.

I used to lay carpet in these low rent apartments and it was an automatic tear up and replace carpet and pad every time a new tenet came in.
Even if the previous tenant was only there for a month.
There was times where the carpet was so clean we could have lied and not tore it up and charged them anyway.
So we tore up the new carpet and installed newer carpet.
There was also times when the carpet was covered in dog and bird shit.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
By the way
As carpet guys we came in after the painters who repainted the apartment after every tenant left and a new one was coming in.
Those are the two things that were new each and every time a new tenant moved in.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel that no one is grasping the fact that it is no longer the right of the property owner to choose when the politicians and state government are the ones forcing the ban.
None of these things would be banned if the government of a "free" country didn't force it on them.
the goverment has no right to interfere with the dealings of two free people...but when you live on someone else dime they get to call the shots.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to lay carpet in these low rent apartments and it was an automatic tear up and replace carpet and pad every time a new tenet came in.

A policy that makes financial sense. I rented an apartment in Los Angeles in 1990, the building was a year old and the rent was above average, in a very nice neighbourhood. We got fucking fleas! 2 months after moving in. The property manager refused to take responsibility, and 3 seperate times we had to have the place gassed at our own expense. A gargantuan pile of suck. We don't have fleas here, but I read in the papers that more and more bedbugs are being found in hotels, and apartments here. This is new. 10 years ago, bedbugs were unheard of.in these parts.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh hells no..I mean your dead father and your canary probablly voted for him too, as well as the illeagal alien who was your handyman.

Really? You have no idea how preposterous that statement is. By all means, dig yourself in more....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? You have no idea how preposterous that statement is. By all means, dig yourself in more....
about as preposterous as your asinine statement about Ayn Rand?Mouthing the politically fashionable tripe you pick up from the manufactured consent spoon fed you.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This brings us back to the gov and cities making laws that take away rights.
No matter the situation, somebody will always have their rights trampled on by another person.

Person A has the right to smoke if they want to.
Person B has the right to clean air.
Person B fought harder, and now the rights of Person A got trampled on.

Airport was built in 1940
A lot of new residents moved in around the airport in 1980
Residents fought harder and the airport has to close. Airport owner got his rights trampled on.

Same thing is happening again with the anti-vapers pushing to get vaping banned.

No vaping indoors?
Your supporting the cities decision when it comes to property the city owns (regardless of leasing).
But at the same time, being against the cities decision when it comes to property it doesn't own.
Looks hypocritical to me.
Ok, lets discuss this then..
Person A has the right to smoke if they want to.
Person B has the right to clean air.
Person B fought harder, and now the rights of Person A got trampled on.
There is no enumerated right, but I would agree it's a right just the same. However, your right to smoke, doesn't trump mine to breath clean air in a public place nor in my home. You have the enumerated right to free speech, but you don't have a "right" to scream FIRE! in a theatre when there is no fire.

And I am not a hypocrite. I support property owners rights. I don't care who owns the property. They should be able to allow or not allow something if they choose to.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not elligible to vote. I'm not a US citizen, and I was not born in the US. I am eligible to apply, I'm a Canadian citizen and reside in Canada, although as a result of my career, on two seperate occasions, I swore an oath to uphold, protect and defend YOUR constitution. You're welcome.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not elibile to vote. I'm not a US citizen, and I was not born in the US. I am eligible to apply, I'm a Canadian citizen and reside in Canada, although as a result of my career, on two seperate occasions, I swore an oath to uphold, protect and defend YOUR constitution. You're welcome.
Wait....
You're not even a citizen of the United States?

This whole time, have you been talking about leasing in the US or Canada?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, its been fun debating with you @freemind

But my time off from work is about over so I will need to spend the rest of the day getting ready to go back on the road for a month. Will have spotty internet and it's likely that this topic will get a lot of posts in between the times I can check the forum on my small cell phone screen so I wont be replying anymore. Or at least not with anymore posts longer then a few sentences.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I'm not. The law I quoted was the applicable law where I live. You just assumed I was talking about US law. However I do have more than the usual understanding of the administration of justice in the US. Both our legal systems share a basis on Common Law. US landlords are bound by the same laws as we are here, in that tennants are not your chattel, or property. I assure you that when a search warrant is sworn in the US for an apartment, in the eyes of the law, it is a home.

The balance of rights of landlords varies from Province to Province, and State to State, but the right to be secure in ones home, without lawfull interference is fundementally absoloute.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not elibile to vote. I'm not a US citizen, and I was not born in the US. I am eligible to apply, I'm a Canadian citizen and reside in Canada, although as a result of my career, on two seperate occasions, I swore an oath to uphold, protect and defend YOUR constitution. You're welcome.
Oh for Christsakes you're Canadian....why didn't you just tell us you had a national penis envy complex to begin with and we wouldn't have had to bother being subjected to the masquerade of your "rationale"

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know for instance if a landlord can lawfully refuse to rent a property because the prospective tennant is Cathoilic, or Bhuddist in the US, but here it would be unlawfull to discriminate on that basis.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh for Christsakes you're Canadian....why didn't you just tell us you had a national penis envy complex to begin with and we wouldn't have had to bother being subjected to the masquerade of your "rationale"

Be nice, or we just may burn down Washington for the second time.lol

1812. The only war your nation ever lost. Except for Vietnam, the Alamo, the Bay of Pigs, the War on Drugs and so far, the war on terrorism.

HRC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
THISGONBGUD.gif

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And Obama makes the snot nosed kid that is our Prime Minister look good.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be nice, or we just may burn down Washington for the second time.lol

1812. The only war your nation ever lost. Except for Vietnam, the Alamo, the Bay of Pigs, the War on Drugs and so far, the war on terrorism.
Canada...Canada...Oh I remeber....you're that pimple on North Dakotas ass right....as I recall we won the war of 1812...the alamo was the Texas Republic you illiterate dolt...the bay of pigs wasn't a war....and to be honest our goverment never declared a war on drugs that was just a meme for the stupid....in my lifetime it has been ridiculously easy to get drugs ...hell our CIA has been muleing drugs into America since Vietnam.
In the meantime Canada has given the world...............................................................maple syrup. good job eh?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup Why do you think the White house is white? Where do you think the saying "whitewashing" came from. Google the burning of Washington.
Don't need to gogle it...besides that was the british....the canadians were just britians bitch .....when did England GIVE you your freedom.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You really should learn your own history. Those who refuse to learn he lessons history has to teach, are condemned to relive them. You cannon even find it in your heart to appoligise for stateing that I voted for Obama, so I must consider who I'm chatting with.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOLOLOL New Orleans??? Really Bwahahahah you outdo yourself.For a while I thought you were just another uneducated Murican, now I realize you are merely a piffle poofing wannabe troll.

Grats to you sir, you got me. I thought for a while you were being serious....

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No, I'm not. The law I quoted was the applicable law where I live. You just assumed I was talking about US law. However I do have more than the usual understanding of the administration of justice in the US. Both our legal systems share a basis on Common Law. US landlords are bound by the same laws as we are here, in that tennants are not your chattel, or property. I assure you that when a search warrant is sworn in the US for an apartment, in the eyes of the law, it is a home.

The balance of rights of landlords varies from Province to Province, and State to State, but the right to be secure in ones home, without lawfull interference is fundementally absoloute.
We have no "administration of justice". We have a legal system.

I'm sure the only common ground the laws in Canada and the US share, are the Magna Carta.

No one claimed tenants were chattel, other than you that is. Obviously you have trouble separating human rights, from property rights.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really should learn your own history. Those who refuse to learn he lessons history has to teach, are condemned to relive them. You cannon even find it in your heart to appoligise for stateing that I voted for Obama, so I must consider who I'm chatting with.
exactlly which part of our history did I misquote you ass, The US did not lose the war of 1812.....besides your Canadian not british....go sit on the sidelines where you belong...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOLOLOL New Orleans??? Really Bwahahahah you outdo yourself.For a while I thought you were just another uneducated Murican, now I realize you are merely a piffle poofing wannabe troll.
It's fun to watch Canadians pretend anybody gives a fuck what they think. Hell you make the French look relevant.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't need to gogle it...besides that was the british....

Stop it! you have me in stitches. Here is a clue, we have a Queen... The Queen of.....England, and yes, suprisingly enough she is British.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's fun to watch Canadians pretend anybody gives a fuck what they think.

Well, THIS Canadian kept you safe while you slept. In your own country. Again your welcome. Friends of mine fought for your country in Vietnam 2 in the Marines, and One was a F-4 pilot in the US Navy.. I was too young, and probably would have been against it anyway.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, THIS Canadian kept you safe while you slept. In your own country. Again your welcome. Friends of mine fought for your country in Vietnam 2 in the Marines, and One was a F-4 pilot in the US Navy.. I was too young, and probably would have been against it anyway.
Oh yes my family has been in the US since 1630 both sides of my family fought in the Revolutionary war and every war since the Revoluntion and I have some Canadian to thank for my saftey.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....yeah without Canada we'd be in a right bloody mess.....hahahahahahaha......

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The point of this whole thread in a nutshell, is that landlords to not have an absolute right to dictate any tenants behavious that is lawfull, and poses no risk to their property. Lords and Kings and Earls used to do that to the the peasents. Supposedly, you fought a revolution with this point in mind.

A person has an absolute right within the law as to what they do on, in or in relation to their property. Nobody forces you to rent out that property, but if you choose to do so, that absolute right is diminished. Sorry, but if you want to be Hitler, you will need to purchase a lot more real estate than a house or apartment building.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deported criminals, or British Lords? Perhaps you are a Native American.....
Yeah both sides of my family are a result of intermarriage with the tribes and the europeans....no nobody was a crinimal or a canadian or a lord.your idiotic and provincal cliches are all wrong.

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not nearly as wrong as your statement that I voted for Obama. lololololol And you were so forcefull about that.
I get it, your a troll with training wheels. Keep at it, and one day you might actually be taken seriously for an entire thread.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The point of this whole thread in a nutshell, is that landlords to not have an absolute right to dictate any tenants behavious that is lawfull, and poses no risk to their property. Lords and Kings and Earls used to do that to the the peasents. Supposedly, you fought a revolution with this point in mind.

A person has an absolute right within the law as to what they do on, in or in relation to their property. Nobody forces you to rent out that property, but if you choose to do so, that absolute right is diminished. Sorry, but if you want to be Hitler, you will need to purchase a lot more real estate than a house or apartment building.

You do realize that you are speaking from both sides of your mouth, right?

An absolute right can't be diminished.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not nearly as wrong as your statement that I voted for Obama. lololololol And you were so forcefull about that.
I get it, your a troll with training wheels. Keep at it, and one day you might actually be taken seriously for an entire thread.
I get it you're Canadian are used to being ignored, and the only way people notice your're in the room is by being an asshole.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
An absolute right can't be diminished.

Is semantics all you got at this point? You yourself I believe made the point about free speech being an absolute right, unless you are yelling fire in an theater where there is no fire.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I get it you're Canadian are used to being ignored, and the only way people notice your're in the room is by being an asshole.

Of course. We Canadians are known and hated throughout the world for being assholes. Unlike you polite Americans..... Refrer again to the Burning of Washington. lolol

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is semantics all you got at this point? You yourself I believe made the point about free speech being an absolute right, unless you are yelling fire in an theater where there is no fire.
Exactly.

There are no absolute rights.

With rights, come responsibility.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love it a slumlord dissing Ayn Rand.....the definition of irony.

A Slumlord? Really? That is nearly as good as your unqualified statement of fact that I voted for Obama. And you think I'm disrespecting Ayn Rand? Where did I ever say that?

Please fabricate some more slander, it will continue to provide a context for your future remarks.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure the only common ground the laws in Canada and the US share, are the Magna Carta.

Again, you are so sure of your ignorance. I cannot criticize you for being inconsistant though.... Herr Sturmbanvapenfuher.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Surly some congressmen etc would lose their lives in such a fire, so I fail to see the anything bad come of it.

LOL You'd think, but they all fled last time. I don't know if it wouldbe any different this time. Pollys are quite adept at ensuring their own asses are not in the line of fire.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Again, you are so sure of your ignorance. I cannot criticize you for being inconsistant though.... Herr Sturmbanvapenfuher.
You keep tossing out Hitler quips. You realize you lost the argument, or is he your idol?

YOU are the one that keep inferring chattel, squashing human rights, and "absolute rights" for lowly renters. You ever think that just maybe, you are actually very LIBERAL? You argue the same exact way they do, and it's stupid. You are disingenuous at best.

You are a sore loser and a mental midget.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Obviously you have trouble separating human rights, from property rights.

Well lets see. if you can show me any specific case law that supports a residential landlord having an unhindered right in law to dictate whether a person may or may not vape in their own home (not a shared dwelling or rooming house) I will conceed that point to you. Otherwise, I'll just give your opinion all due consideration, considering the source.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors