Become a Patron!

HUD, please don’t ban e-cigarettes in public housing

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
for lowly renters.

So, in your opinion, all renters are "lowly renters" or just some? Perhaps Untermensh would be a term more to your liking? Please, entertain me by elaborating.

Last edited:

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Because reality is the son/daughter isn't the one buying those cellphones 99.99% of the time. Government gives them to them. Just like food stamps, housing and money. My money. Your money. Every taxpayers money.

If one wants to protest the landlord's rules, then they have two options.
Live someplace else more agreeable, or buy their own place. Simple right?

What if the landlord said no dogs or cats? Should we throw a hissy too?

Landlords set rules for their own reasons. You don't like it? Live somewhere else.
'SafeLink started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson.'. quoted from factcheck.org.
it's not paid for with any of YOUR money

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
'SafeLink started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson.'. quoted from factcheck.org.
it's not paid for with any of YOUR money
But it IS funded with MY tax money skeene. The Universal Service Fund gets it's money from taxes on your phone bill. They can call it a "fee" but its a tax. Just like the "fine" in Obama care is a tax.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Keep assuming. You keep stating things about me as fact, that you have no idea about.

I could have paid for my house in cash.
I could have gotton a mortgage with a local bank that got no bail out.
I could have gotton a loan from a bank that received bailouts.
I could have been given the money from family to buy it.

You don't know, and I have not said as much either. For all you know, my knowledge of how a mortgage works could be because I underwrite mortgages for a living.

Bottom line is, you just assume a lot and pull "facts" from your ass.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like I voted for Obama? you mean like that? I keep forgetting. You are the special and unique snowflake. You deserve different treatment than anybody else.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or like how I don't work for a living, and I live off handouts? Assumptions like that, hang on, Let me compile a comprehensive list for you to review..

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Because reality is the son/daughter isn't the one buying those cellphones 99.99% of the time.

I believe I asked you your source on that one....

You are a fucking joke. I earned everything by the sweat of my brow and the might of my brain. I've worked for every thing I have. I've worked since I was 13 years old. You can't say the same.

Can't I Sure sounds like you assume a great deal.

You are an uneducated fool.

This from the poster that thought the US won the war of 1812....

So you got nailed for DUI,

For the sake of the uneducated, I point out the lack of the question mark, which makes this a statement of fact... But hey, some people are uneducated fools.

Because most landlords get left with a dump when a renter moves.

Most? that would imply 51% or greater. Data please. If that were true, then there would be only a few very stupid people that rent properties. The houste I wrote about earlier that was trashed? We've had the same tenant in there for neary 10 years. I have no concerns, that family treats MY property (I say that because it is free and clear) like his own. I have even repaid him money that he spent on materials to improve the house, that he never even asked for.

Perhaps if your experienes are different, it is because you play Hitler to your "lowley renters", and are an asshole? < see what I did there? posed it as a question, not a statement. Top tip for the uneducated.

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now, I did make an assumption that was unwarranted, for that I appoligize. Direct quote:

"your home as well. Which I assume you fully paid in cash for."

I gave you the benefit of doubt that it was fully paid, right at the very beginning. I guess my assumption was incorrect....

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Look...

You are trying to take this to a personal level. This thread was never about the home I own. It was about property owner rights.

You even try to pin on me, a discussion you and pulsevape had about one of the wars. I didn't have any of that discussion with you.

If you hadn't noticed, I spent time ignoring you. I diod so because:
1 I think you are a complete fucking idiot. You froth at the mouth and spout bullshit Hitler references and accuse me of saying things I have not, just like any mentally challenged Liberal does.
2 You are a nothing. Had you tried talking to me face to face like that, I would have promptly knocked your fucking teeth to the back of you pie hole. You act like a tough guy stirring shit. And that's all the worth you have. A shit stirrer.

I'll go back to starving the troll now.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry Whisky. I won't upset Mr Snowflake any more. He can continue to make his slanderous statements, assumptions, its what control freak fear biters do.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But it IS funded with MY tax money skeene. The Universal Service Fund gets it's money from taxes on your phone bill. They can call it a "fee" but its a tax. Just like the "fine" in Obama care is a tax.
your knowledge of our government astounds me...lol

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well lets see. if you can show me any specific case law that supports a residential landlord having an unhindered right in law to dictate whether a person may or may not vape in their own home (not a shared dwelling or rooming house) I will conceed that point to you. Otherwise, I'll just give your opinion all due consideration, considering the source.

Still nothing.

On a different note, You are correct about another thing. I made a mistake about saying it was you claiming I voted for Obama, For that I appoligise. In fairness though, you both have directed at me personally so many ludicrous assumptions, and statements, that it is a very difficult thing to keep track of.

One of you two also brought up VG on your walls, and hard surfaces. VG washes off, and VG is a major ingrediant in soap. I assume that if your "lowly renters" did not wash your walls,you might want to wash them anyway before repainting and renting it to somebody else.

Or do "lowly renters" not deserve such luxury?

And as far as cleaning the HVAC ( and here again, I give you benefit of doubt that it actually functions because again you might not agree "lowly renters" deserve such luxurys) My question to you is, how did you clean the HVAC in your home last time?

I see portions of this thread have been edited and deleted. I have deleted not one word, why do you think somebody would do that?

Last edited:

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Look...

You are trying to take this to a personal level. This thread was never about the home I own. It was about property owner rights.

You even try to pin on me, a discussion you and pulsevape had about one of the wars. I didn't have any of that discussion with you.

If you hadn't noticed, I spent time ignoring you. I diod so because:
1 I think you are a complete fucking idiot. You froth at the mouth and spout bullshit Hitler references and accuse me of saying things I have not, just like any mentally challenged Liberal does.
2 You are a nothing. Had you tried talking to me face to face like that, I would have promptly knocked your fucking teeth to the back of you pie hole. You act like a tough guy stirring shit. And that's all the worth you have. A shit stirrer.

I'll go back to starving the troll now.
while I got bored reading your hate filled BS after the first page, you have fit into your second reason perfectly. I too grew up in the system. I grew up in places so bad they don't exist anymore. no sign of them. even the ground was dug up 10 feet down to find everything from needles to guns to bodies. one of these places was called greenbrier east in Columbus ohio. now you can try and sit there and be all high and mighty and say I got out unlike most of them, but youre not special. I made it out as well. and so did a lot of other people. however, if you truly grew up in the system, you would realize the difference between what you claim hud provides, and what hud truly provides. you've done nothing in this post but show your ignorance and spout off at the mouth from behind a keyboard knowing nothing will happen to you. but I will go back to the topic real quick.

Landlords have rights. tenets have rights. neither of them can step on each others rights. landlords can say no pets, no smoking inside, and what the exterior of the house has to look like including what color the visible blinds/shades have to be. however, they cant tell you that you cant burn incense, candles, oil burners, run humidifiers etc etc. just because you rent doesn't mean your landlord controls your life. that's why landlords are not allowed to enter the property without prior notifications for any reason.

as for "they don't work" when my ex wife was pregnant we asked for help. she was placed on high risk during her pregnancy and was forced to quit work because of it. when we asked for help they said they could give us 200 a month in cash and 350 a month in foodstamps. didn't really replace her 1400 a month take home but it was enough for us to get by. they then informed us that in order for her, a woman who was forced to quit working due to medical complications, to receive any benefits she had to work 20 hours a week wherever they told her to work. they placed her in a more stressful job for 20 hours a week to make 550 a month. so yeah, they work. your parents may have figured out how to work the system, but the vast majority of the people on assistance work.

you be high and mighty, we can all see right through you.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
while I got bored reading your hate filled BS after the first page,

It got more hate filled and more interesting, you should check it out. Some of their really good stuff has been removed or edited though.

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It got more hate filled and more interesting, you should check it out. Some of their really good stuff has been removed or edited though.
lol now a days I try to avoid drama but when he lumped everyone who grew up "in the system" together then held himself above them... yeah that didn't fly.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
while I got bored reading your hate filled BS after the first page, you have fit into your second reason perfectly. I too grew up in the system. I grew up in places so bad they don't exist anymore. no sign of them. even the ground was dug up 10 feet down to find everything from needles to guns to bodies. one of these places was called greenbrier east in Columbus ohio. now you can try and sit there and be all high and mighty and say I got out unlike most of them, but youre not special. I made it out as well. and so did a lot of other people. however, if you truly grew up in the system, you would realize the difference between what you claim hud provides, and what hud truly provides. you've done nothing in this post but show your ignorance and spout off at the mouth from behind a keyboard knowing nothing will happen to you. but I will go back to the topic real quick.

Landlords have rights. tenets have rights. neither of them can step on each others rights. landlords can say no pets, no smoking inside, and what the exterior of the house has to look like including what color the visible blinds/shades have to be. however, they cant tell you that you cant burn incense, candles, oil burners, run humidifiers etc etc. just because you rent doesn't mean your landlord controls your life. that's why landlords are not allowed to enter the property without prior notifications for any reason.

as for "they don't work" when my ex wife was pregnant we asked for help. she was placed on high risk during her pregnancy and was forced to quit work because of it. when we asked for help they said they could give us 200 a month in cash and 350 a month in foodstamps. didn't really replace her 1400 a month take home but it was enough for us to get by. they then informed us that in order for her, a woman who was forced to quit working due to medical complications, to receive any benefits she had to work 20 hours a week wherever they told her to work. they placed her in a more stressful job for 20 hours a week to make 550 a month. so yeah, they work. your parents may have figured out how to work the system, but the vast majority of the people on assistance work.

you be high and mighty, we can all see right through you.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/welfare_spending
Check that link out, oh wise one... Welfare spending is extremely high. 49% of America is taking some form of handout.

Hud provided a ROOF over your fool head. At the expense of the working public, mind you. If you think it should provide much better accommodations, build it out of your pocket. I honestly don't care about the slums people choose to live in. I'm not in one because I make better choices for myself. Yes, that means my mother made some stupid and moronic decisions. I haven't.

Landlords certainly CAN say no candles, no incense, oil burners, etc. They do here, and with regular frequency. First of all because of the fire hazards, and secondly because of the damage of soot and smoke. And while you may be right about a notification to enter the rental property, several of them here, pick up the rent in person every month to inspect the home at the same time (unbeknown to the renter).

Now you think welfare is supposed to replace your income? 550 dollars worth of benefits for 80 hours of work? Seems like pretty fair compensation to me. That's almost seven bucks an hour and NO taxes, right? For unskilled labor, right? But what about the medicade? She get that too? and if so, didn't that pay for the childbirth? How many thousands of dollars was that? And she could still work, even though she was restricted from working? HUH! That's weird......

And you worked yourself OUT of the system? How come you were using it then? Do you still get any benefits?

Look, I have no problem with someone needing a hand UP. Hand outs only encourage more begging for MORE. But the numbers don't lie. More people are on welfare today then when I was born. `So people are not breaking away from it, they are more dependent than ever.

Just because someone chooses to work some shitty, low paying job, they don't just deserve more. They need to earn it. I am where I am and have the things I do, because I wanted it and used my head to get there. I didn't beg for it, and I didn't grovel for it. I did it the old fashioned way, I earned it.

Now if that touches a nerve, sorry. But you are responsible for you. I am not your keeper and neither is anyone else. Don't make excuses for your self, and don't accept less than you seek.

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/welfare_spending
Check that link out, oh wise one... Welfare spending is extremely high. 49% of America is taking some form of handout.

Hud provided a ROOF over your fool head. At the expense of the working public, mind you. If you think it should provide much better accommodations, build it out of your pocket. I honestly don't care about the slums people choose to live in. I'm not in one because I make better choices for myself. Yes, that means my mother made some stupid and moronic decisions. I haven't.

Landlords certainly CAN say no candles, no incense, oil burners, etc. They do here, and with regular frequency. First of all because of the fire hazards, and secondly because of the damage of soot and smoke. And while you may be right about a notification to enter the rental property, several of them here, pick up the rent in person every month to inspect the home at the same time (unbeknown to the renter).

Now you think welfare is supposed to replace your income? 550 dollars worth of benefits for 80 hours of work? Seems like pretty fair compensation to me. That's almost seven bucks an hour and NO taxes, right? For unskilled labor, right? But what about the medicade? She get that too? and if so, didn't that pay for the childbirth? How many thousands of dollars was that? And she could still work, even though she was restricted from working? HUH! That's weird......

And you worked yourself OUT of the system? How come you were using it then? Do you still get any benefits?

Look, I have no problem with someone needing a hand UP. Hand outs only encourage more begging for MORE. But the numbers don't lie. More people are on welfare today then when I was born. `So people are not breaking away from it, they are more dependent than ever.

Just because someone chooses to work some shitty, low paying job, they don't just deserve more. They need to earn it. I am where I am and have the things I do, because I wanted it and used my head to get there. I didn't beg for it, and I didn't grovel for it. I did it the old fashioned way, I earned it.

Now if that touches a nerve, sorry. But you are responsible for you. I am not your keeper and neither is anyone else. Don't make excuses for your self, and don't accept less than you seek.
you appear to like to assume things and ignore other things. she was forced to quit working a job she was capable of doing for fear of for our child from our doctor. so when we asked for help and they said only if you work, she might as well have kept working where she was. as for her medical, that was on me. that was my medical that was paying that. the system is abused by many, and misunderstood by those like you. its perfectly acceptable to ask for help when needed, but to live on it for life is not. and no, im not on any benfits. outside of when my ex couldn't work I hadn't been on benefits since I got out of the army where It was recommended that I take 6 months of unemployment to transition back into the civilian world as I had been deployed for more than half of my time in the army and was a bit on edge.

as for her not working, DJFS has to approve restrictions. unless she was put on absolute bed rest, it was up to them. but where we worked had to follow the doctors orders. hmm. weird that you act like you know the system yet you speak like you've never seen any part of it.

now, you really want to get into where that welfare money goes and the whole "numbers don't lie" thing. ok lets do this. "use your head" and think about how much of it goes to corporate welfare so places like walmart can pay low wages, so companies can prevent unions and continue paying low wages, how much goes into ceo pockets as bonuses, how many tax exemptions go to businesses, how many grants to go businesses, and where do you think those tax cuts and grants are accounted for? in the welfare numbers. The cost of corporate welfare is double that of social wefare. (http://truthinmedia.com/corporate-welfare-is-almost-double-social-welfare/)

don't hear you complaining about that though... believe it or not bud, I support lifetime limits on all forms of welfare. and as an adult, I haven't came close to even the lowest discussed limits. but unlike you, I don't look down on those who truly need help. I look down on people like you who think you are better than someone who is willing to ask for help. talk all you want, but you've accomplished nothing here but make yourself look like a fool. I normally only wish the best for people as ive seen the worst in some of the worst places on earth, but I truly hope one day you lose everything and have to ask for help to get back on your feet. might teach you some humility.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, lets TALK about your hailed link....

Corporate welfare. Lol.
53.9 billion in TAX BREAKS. See that? TAX BREAKS. Tax breaks like the average person gets. Don't you get credits on your tax forms too?

16.3 billion in direct spending. You know, to things like WIND POWERED electricity (green movement) and handouts to farmers (the people that grow all the food you eat).

We have the highest tax rate in the world, on business. You want a job? Maybe we should give a bit of a break. Or you can sit back and rail how all our jobs keep getting moved away.

I don't agree with most of the direct spending, but the truth is, THAT is the only thing that can be considered "welfare". A check. Money handed over. It's still less than the welfare spending we do for people that lay around with a hand stuck out for freebies.

As to your diatribe about bonuses and all that, tough titty. The people that make a company money are far more valuable than those that just show up for a check and think the company owes them the world. You may play a role in the companies success, but you are not making all the money is costs to keep the doors open. Everyone has a place and role.

And for the record, I am of the opinion that most on handouts are abusing it. I see it with food stamps. I see it with the cash. I see it with the tax returns.

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, lets TALK about your hailed link....

Corporate welfare. Lol.
53.9 billion in TAX BREAKS. See that? TAX BREAKS. Tax breaks like the average person gets. Don't you get credits on your tax forms too?

16.3 billion in direct spending. You know, to things like WIND POWERED electricity (green movement) and handouts to farmers (the people that grow all the food you eat).

We have the highest tax rate in the world, on business. You want a job? Maybe we should give a bit of a break. Or you can sit back and rail how all our jobs keep getting moved away.

I don't agree with most of the direct spending, but the truth is, THAT is the only thing that can be considered "welfare". A check. Money handed over. It's still less than the welfare spending we do for people that lay around with a hand stuck out for freebies.

As to your diatribe about bonuses and all that, tough titty. The people that make a company money are far more valuable than those that just show up for a check and think the company owes them the world. You may play a role in the companies success, but you are not making all the money is costs to keep the doors open. Everyone has a place and role.

And for the record, I am of the opinion that most on handouts are abusing it. I see it with food stamps. I see it with the cash. I see it with the tax returns.
man... you really are a moron aren't ya. so youre against those who need help getting help but youre perfectly ok that your taxes are being used to pay bonuses to the richest people in the country... yeah, im done with ya. cant argue with ignorance.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
but I truly hope one day you lose everything and have to ask for help to get back on your feet. might teach you some humility.

Even I don't wish that on him, and I understand how irritating and annoying he is, but I'll bet you don't either. At least tomorrow you wont.

He can't allow himself to even imagine what that would be like. I mentioned to him earlier, that he is only one impaired driver and one failed insurance company away from being in subsidised housing or worse. I don't believe he can bring himself to consider that that could happen to HIM! I think the idea is far too terrifing for him to even think about for a moment, it scares him and might in his mind make it your fault and mine for bringing it up.

You put your ass in the line of fire on his behalf. Do you think that means anything to him? You volunteered after all, bad life choice.....Everybody has a right to be proud for what they have accomplished, but to see somebody so obcessed with being able to control others makes me think that somebody has a deep fear about not being in control. What to people covet the most? That which they percieve they do not have. Hence, "lowley renters".

I believe that reason will be inneffective in changing his attitude, and if he did lose everything, it would still not change his attitude, it would be my fault, and your fault. or "their" fault. Not his.

I engage him in this thread, not in the belief that he is capable of changeing, but in the hope that he will think twice before spewing hate against others on Christmas. Look at what small an excuse was needed to reply so nastily? I commend you for trying though.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
man... you really are a moron aren't ya. so youre against those who need help getting help but youre perfectly ok that your taxes are being used to pay bonuses to the richest people in the country... yeah, im done with ya. cant argue with ignorance.
People that need help? Like you ex wife who couldn't work, but did for handouts? Lol. Come on, get real.

A tax break is NOT welfare. Surely you are half assed intelligent enough to admit THAT.

And you cry about those bonuses, but don't you think they are going to pay taxes on that bonus? Well duh! Of coarse they are.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you think they are going to pay taxes on that bonus? Well duh! Of coarse they are.

Of course they are! After all, its not like the amount of their bonus will be less than the tax writeoff they recieve from their personal holding company that deffered their taxes for the last 2 years, and this year had a massive loss that was a tax deduction after they sold all their "assetts" to their new holding company, that will in turn defer its taxes for the next 2 yearts before the cycle repeats it self ad infinitum,,,,,,,, They would never think to do such a thing, not because its illegal, its not, but because everybody knows the bankers and Wall Street believe that it is important to do their part.....

Surely you remember how the financial industry, begged the government not to bail them out with tax dollars? It was unethical! They had massive sympathy for all the taxpayers the government took taxes form... Oh wait. they didn't did they.... They demanded more. serves the lowley surfs who have mortages right....

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even I don't wish that on him, and I understand how irritating and annoying he is, but I'll bet you don't either. At least tomorrow you wont.

actually I do. I wont give any details into it, but ive lost everything important to me twice in my life and each time ive learned a lot about myself and a lot about other people. I have no sympathy for people like him. the self righteous elitists that think they're better than everyone else. im generally a nice guy, but im not afraid to speak my mind. he has a right to his opinion and whether I agree with his opinion or not he has the right to express it and ill fight until the end to defend that right. but the right to the freedom of expression doesn't protect him from the consequences of stating his opinion. in this case the consequences are simple, having someone like me hope he loses everything and from there finds himself in the position he looks down on other people for being in. call me a dick, but at least you know im honest about my feelings.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL.

This is very simple.

There will be no vaping or smoking in any residence I rent out. That is the terms of the lease.

I'm afraid there are plenty of apartments that don't allow vaping. In fact, we've talked about it here in the forums. A vaper complaining that his landlord didn't allow vaping.

As far as HUD goes, HUD(the government sets the rules).

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok... lets get down to the legal side of things. Yes, landlords can stop you from smoking inside, however each state is different and its state and local laws that decide whether they can stop you from vaping inside or not. it also comes down to how smart the landlord is. while im not going to list every state, ill show links to a few.
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/can-a-landlord-prohibit-e-cigarettes-a-multi-tenant-b Minnesota

http://publichealthlawcenter.org/resources/e-cigarette-regulations-ohio ohio is an odd state (where I live) e-cigs do not fall under tobacco laws, nor do they fall under the clean air act. which means they cannot be banned in public or private housing. there are always ways around this, a couple are mentioned in the article for Minnesota. while they cant really ban it for no reason, if someone complains and knows the laws well enough the landlord can put restrictions on it and effectively ban it to ensure a habitable environment. Loopholes in everything. in ohio you can get a doctor to say its a medical device and use it everywhere. all on how you play the system.

California (we all know how accepting they are.. I mean its the state that thinks everything gives you cancer...) has it in their laws specifically that landlords CAN ban vaping. figured I'd give both sides of the story. heres the link even though im sure you don't need it. I think cali would ban breathing if they could...
http://www.changelabsolutions.org/tobacco-control/question/are-there-any-restriction

in the end there is no blanket laws about vaping YET. we don't have a right to vape. and as loopholes are exploited they will learn how to restrict it or ban it all together and could do so very easily. then if youre a cloud chaser who is fogging up the neighborhood and your clouds are making it into another's apartment (Even through an open window) they can complain and then the land lord has an excuse to act accordingly. each state is different and even local areas are different. Oklahoma for example has no laws against vaping, but Oklahoma state university was able to include vaping in their tobacco policy and ban it on their Stillwater campus. they did this by saying all areas of the campus are considered public and common and that vaping prevented the campus from being a habitable environment as well as put the health of other students and staff at risk.

there will always be loopholes that can be abused by both sides. until we have common sense regulation and we educate the rest of the country, and we as a whole show respect and not blow big clouds in public areas, we will always be on the line between legal and illegal, banned and acceptable, and it could change from one to the other day by day. it all depends on what your local state says.

none of this has to do with hud by the way. hud follows very different laws. they could effectively ban vaping, but m*rijuana is illegal, not just banned and in every hud apartment complex you will find people getting high. they can ban it, but they cant enforce it.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can't control vaping in every state?
Really?

I am pretty sure, at this point, that ALL 50 states have a law about the age one must be to purchase e-juice containing nicotine. It's already viewed as a tobacco product (and wrongly), so it will ride on the coat tails of smoking.

So if a landlord persues a tenant over vaping, like they would smoking, the tenant will lose. Watch and see.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And if "the lowley renters" fry foods, (grease IS known to coat the kitchen walls) the landlord should be able to dictate their diet. If its subsidized, they should only be able to have unbuttered bread and a thin high protien soup. ( no luxerys for those freeloaders not when Wall Street banksters are facing the grim possibility of their bailed out bonuses being capped)

If the color of "the lowley renters" new car clashes with the exteriour of the structure, well they better get rid of the car, or get evicted, might lower the property value, or jeapordize the photospread in the upcoming issue of The Slumlords Digest.....

And it is a well documented fact that children increase the chance something might be broken on or about the property, the more children, the more risk, so the landlord should be able to dictate how many children "the lowley renters" may have, and naturally what type of contraception method..... If they don't like it, they can buy their own house!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't believe this douchebag is still in full scream.........your experince as a landlord is very very small...try sweeping off the used syringes,and ballons thrown out the windows of your poor renters.the cop calls from their fights with their Johns..A friend of mine told me a story of when he was 15 watching a pimp slit the throat of one of his whores in front of him in his dad's apatments.This ain't Kansas Toto, we don't all live in the sterile, waspy enclaves.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And if "the lowley renters" fry foods, (grease IS known to coat the kitchen walls) the landlord should be able to dictate their diet. If its subsidized, they should only be able to have unbuttered bread and a thin high protien soup. ( no luxerys for those freeloaders not when Wall Street banksters are facing the grim possibility of their bailed out bonuses being capped)

If the color of "the lowley renters" new car clashes with the exteriour of the structure, well they better get rid of the car, or get evicted, might lower the property value, or jeapordize the photospread in the upcoming issue of The Slumlords Digest.....

And it is a well documented fact that children increase the chance something might be broken on or about the property, the more children, the more risk, so the landlord should be able to dictate how many children "the lowley renters" may have, and naturally what type of contraception method..... If they don't like it, they can buy their own house!

You don't understand. Nobody cares if you like it or not. It's not your house. Going to ridiculous extremes doesn't change that.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't believe this douchebag is still in full scream.........your experince as a landlord is very very small...try sweeping off the used syringes,and ballons thrown out the windows of your poor renters.

I suppose in relative terms it is limited. I've never had to sweep syringes. And I could be wrong, but I don't believe most vapers use syrings outside of DIY, or throw baloons. I sure wonder what kind of landlord would rent to IV drug users if he was able to obtain other tenants. Rent out slums,, expect holes in the walls, syringes, broken doors and frames, burns from flash bangs, and broken windowns from the tac guys raking the glass out of the frames during warrant executions.

IV drug use in a home is not a lawfull activity, and the substances involved are unlawfull or controlled at a federal level.

If you cannot conrol activity occuring on your own property that is unlawfull, how do you presume to control legal activities?

I would never consider renting a shithole to people, so you are correct. My experience is limited. The trap house rental market is a nitche I choose to avoid, but it sounds like you have found your place. Good luck with that, and be carefull around those sharps when sweeping between tenants.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah you have experince with a very small provencial slice of life, and from that you pontificate like an absolute fool.Like I said buffy this ain't Kansas.You really are an ass the realities of being a landlord in say New York or San Franciso or Chicago are so much more involved legally complicated and even dangerous than the currier and Ives world you inhabit...do you really think junkies write down they are addicts on their teneant agrrements....go boil a maple tree stick with what you know.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sure wonder what kind of landlord would rent to IV drug users if he was able to obtain other tenants.

Ah, so the hypocrite does have terms for renting his property.

Apparently, while he he thinks selection for his own tenants are fine, other people must also choose tenants based on his selection criteria and have none of their own.

Sorry wolfie, people have their own criteria. As omnipotent as you'd like to be, landlords are free to have a different opinion than you.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Apparently, while he he thinks selection for his own tenants are fine, other people must also choose tenants based on his selection criteria and have none of their own.

Sorry wolfie, people have their own criteria. As omnipotent as you'd like to be, landlords are free to have a different opinion than you.
lily white aultarism has it's limits....usually it's limits are when they bump up against reality.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

How do you figure this? Firstly, I don't need to set that criteria, the applicable criminal law takes care of that. Vaping in case you are not aware is a lawfull activity.

I believe, you'll find it was pulse that was screaming about how VG might get on hard surfaces, and require a wash, that giving the landlord a bona fide concern Which is valid if you never intend on cleaning or painting the walls before renting. Apparently syringes are normal, but those vapers.......

I also mentioned that mortages can be terminated if a bank is provided information that their property might be siezed as proceeds of crime If a reasonable person might believe that a landlord who is exercising all care and consideration, and due dilligence as a landlord should reasonably be aware of criminal activity on or in relation to their property, and makes no effort to stop it, the property may be siezed.

And you do not have to sweep syringes more than once to make such a reasonable assumption. Recently, a house and vehicals were siezed from a couple, because their juvinile son was found with narcotics during a vehical stop. After admitting there were more drugs in his room at his parents a warrant was sworn, and there was one gram over the limit,making it a case of intent to distribute. The house and cars are schedualed to be sold at auction, the parents are still on the hook for the house and car payments. There is a slight difference, as the parents were not aware of the drug activity, but the court determined they had a duty of care over their juveinile son, and they reasonably should have known. If you are sweeping syringes, the case is fairly clear.

A landlord has not only a right to terminate a tenancy, but an obligation if he is aware of criminal activity.
Should the landlord refuse to do so, if law enforcement contacts the landlords mortage holder, the holder of the deed has a right to forclose to protect their interest.

I'm describing just cause. Pulse and freemind believe in just cuz.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you figure this? Firstly, I don't need to set that criteria, the applicable criminal law takes care of that. Vaping in case you are not aware is a lawfull activity.

So is smoking. So is owning a pet. So is having a home business. All of which could violate a lease agreement. It doesn't matter if you like it or not. What matters is that you think your opinion on the matter should be shared by everyone. Get over yourself. You are not some kind of god are you? Nobody is telling you that you can't rent to vapers. What in the world do you think is so special about yourself that everyone should do as you say? Why can't a landlord decide for him/herself whether they will or will not allow vaping in their property? What makes you so special as to be able to tell others what they can or can't do in respect to their own property?

Liberals are very tolerant, except when they disagree with you. Then, by god, you'd better do what they tell you with your own property.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is smoking. So is owning a pet. So is having a home business. All of which could violate a lease agreement. It doesn't matter if you like it or not. What matters is that you think your opinion on the matter should be shared by everyone. Get over yourself. You are not some kind of god are you? Nobody is telling you that you can't rent to vapers. What in the world do you think is so special about yourself that everyone should do as you say? Why can't a landlord decide for him/herself whether they will or will not allow vaping in their property? What makes you so special as to be able to tell others what they can or can't do in respect to their own property?

Liberals are very tolerant, except when they disagree with you. Then, by god, you'd better do what they tell you with your own property.
or we confiscate your property.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
victor-koretsky-soviet-communist-poster.jpg
set them bitches straight wolfie.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recently, a house and vehicals were siezed from a couple, because their juvinile son was found with narcotics during a vehical stop. After admitting there were more drugs in his room at his parents a warrant was sworn, and there was one gram over the limit,making it a case of intent to distribute. The house and cars are schedualed to be sold at auction, the parents are still on the hook for the house and car payments. There is a slight difference, as the parents were not aware of the drug activity, but the court determined they had a duty of care over their juveinile son, and they reasonably should have known. If you are sweeping syringes, the case is fairly clear.

Duuuuuuuuuuude.

The parents were homeowners, not renters. A landlord did not have his property seized because of the tenants.

You draw some awful squiggly lines.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stopped getting mad about the people that abuse the system, I also stopped thinking about anything really that has to do with government, I'm gonna live my life without worrying about it. I own my house and I hate my job and I'm in debt... I am living the American Dream fuckin yay.

I don't even know what the argument is about anymore, I'm gonna have me a fucking vape.

VU Sponsors