Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I also find Hic's recipes taste best with slow exhales. It really awakens the flavors.

That's an interesting observation! When I was new to FA I noticed some flavor(s) taste a little different if you exhale sharply. If I recall correctly, it was recipes with FA Walnut, and they tasted sweeter that way. In general, I guess I usually exhale slowly. I smoked like that, too.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's an interesting observation! When I was new to FA I noticed some flavor(s) taste a little different if you exhale sharply. If I recall correctly, it was recipes with FA Walnut, and they tasted sweeter that way. In general, I guess I usually exhale slowly. I smoked like that, too.
I think fa coconut really comes out with slow exhales.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I ate a peach pie the other day and there was a layer of flavor above the crust and below the peaches. It was sweet, maybe an almond back taste and buttery. I was wondering if 0.5% marzipan, 0.5% coconut and 0.5% walnut could create the same affect? These are all FA.

There would still be peach, white peach, cinnamon Ceylon, Vienna cream, Apple pie and cookie for the rest of the recipe.

I was thinking the walnut would contribute to both the crust and butter with maybe Vienna cream helping smooth. I debated on cream fresh but I thought that was dry (?).

I considered throwing a little brandy in there.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I ate a peach pie the other day and there was a layer of flavor above the crust and below the peaches. It was sweet, maybe an almond back taste and buttery. I was wondering if 0.5% marzipan, 0.5% coconut and 0.5% walnut could create the same affect? These are all FA.

There would still be peach, white peach, cinnamon Ceylon, Vienna cream, Apple pie and cookie for the rest of the recipe.

I was thinking the walnut would contribute to both the crust and butter with maybe Vienna cream helping smooth. I debated on cream fresh but I thought that was dry (?).

Sounds good to me. But let's wait for the expert lol!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Can you get the recipe for that pie you tried, or at least find out if they used almond paste or marzipan? I wouldn't be surprised - they go well together.

As far as vapes, everything you described sounds good to me. If not Brandy, maybe Liquid Amber? Fig, Pear, Jamaican Rum can all sweeten something like that, if Marzipan isn't enough. Have you tried Flavorah Rich Cinnamon yet? A tiny bit of that would sweeten a lot; it's good with peach.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can you get the recipe for that pie you tried, or at least find out if they used almond paste or marzipan? I wouldn't be surprised - they go well together.

As far as vapes, everything you described sounds good to me. If not Brandy, maybe Liquid Amber? Fig, Pear, Jamaican Rum can all sweeten something like that, if Marzipan isn't enough. Have you tried Flavorah Rich Cinnamon yet? A tiny bit of that would sweeten a lot; it's good with peach.
I can't get the recipe, unfortunately. They agree known for their pies. I don't have Amber or rich cinnamon, I almost bought it last time. Funny, I did consider pear and fig, just a touch. I also considered rum. Just have to try something. Thanks.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just got some and put one drop into 30ml and it's amazingly good and powerful. It's the best tasting cinnamon anything I've vaped.

It reminds me of cinnamon frosting, very good in sweet bakery-type mixes. It's a good addition to recipes that use FA Cinnamon; just a very tiny bit gives you the sweetness of Flavorah. Keeping FA Cinnamon in the usual quantity makes Flavorah taste more realistic, in my opinion. I mixed a little bottle of 10% Flavorah Rich Cinnamon to use as flavoring/sweetener, so I can easily add very tiny amounts to recipes. As long as FA Cinnamon is in a recipe, adding a drop or two of that dilution just makes a recipe sweeter. Sweeter=tastier to me, almost always!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It reminds me of cinnamon frosting, very good in sweet bakery-type mixes. It's a good addition to recipes that use FA Cinnamon; just a very tiny bit gives you the sweetness of Flavorah. Keeping FA Cinnamon in the usual quantity makes Flavorah taste more realistic, in my opinion. I mixed a little bottle of 10% Flavorah Rich Cinnamon to use as flavoring/sweetener, so I can easily add very tiny amounts to recipes. As long as FA Cinnamon is in a recipe, adding a drop or two of that dilution just makes a recipe sweeter. Sweeter=tastier to me, almost always!

Yes, that's what I tasted as well. I just couldn't put it into words. :( I'm working on my culinary vocabulary.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bet you'll be pretty happy with that!
I do like it and I do get the almondish rich background taste. I know it's only been one day. I do have to put a different coil.

It may could use a tad less peach but I'll wait and see how it all comes together.

Thanks for your help. It's plenty sweet.

Edit: I used a pharoah rta.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New today at HIC's Mixes : Tiramisu Wafer Cookies
p Tiramisu Wafer Cookies.jpg
"This recipe duplicates the flavor of an Italian brand's tiramisu cookies. It's the sweet flavor of malty, creamy tiramisu frosting and airy wafer cookies - a creamy, malted mocha treat. This recipe requires Nature's Flavors Malt flavor extract (may contain diketones) and FlavourArt flavorings."

A few of you might remember MamaJ's sold this as a premixed flavoring. Now you can make it yourself!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds I wish you could come up with a sugar wafer recipe, maybe it doesn't need to be as sweet. I can eat those things by the bag. Also, voortmans sells a coconut sugar wafer that would probably be a variant. That thing is to die for.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds I wish you could come up with a sugar wafer recipe, maybe it doesn't need to be as sweet. I can eat those things by the bag. Also, voortmans sells a coconut sugar wafer that would probably be a variant. That thing is to die for.

I can chomp through those, too. If you have a Cost-Plus World Market near you, you really gotta try Loacker wafer cookies. My Tiramisu Wafer Cookies is their tiramisu flavor, but they have several others. Theirs beat American wafer cookies by a mile. I recommend their lemon ones, coconut, and of course tiramisu. Oh heck, just get 1 of all you find in stock. Lol! Scroll down this screen and droooool: http://www.loacker.com/en/products/product-category/relcategory/world-of-wafers/quadratini/

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can chomp through those, too. If you have a Cost-Plus World Market near you, you really gotta try Loacker wafer cookies. My Tiramisu Wafer Cookies is their tiramisu flavor, but they have several others. Theirs beat American wafer cookies by a mile. I recommend their lemon ones, coconut, and of course tiramisu. Oh heck, just get 1 of all you find in stock. Lol! Scroll down this screen and droooool: http://www.loacker.com/en/products/product-category/relcategory/world-of-wafers/quadratini/
Their Lemon ones are delicious! I got them cos you had recommended.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only reason I suggested sugar wafers is I don't have the malt flavoring.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Tomorrow is the first day of summer! Time for a whole bunch of fruit smoothies!
New today at HIC's Mixes : Tropical Smoothie Factory
p Tropical Smoothie Factory.jpg
"This isn't just a recipe - it's a recipe factory for transforming strong and distinctive fruit flavors into juicy, sweet smoothies. Just choose one of 8 different main flavors, and the simple base recipe transforms it into a premium, fresh-fruit smoothie. Will you begin with Papaya, Guava, Pineapple, Passionfruit, Mango, Pomegranate, Raspberry, or Mangosteen? Instructions include advice on selecting other main flavors, too. This recipe factory requires only diketone-free FlavourArt flavorings, including Oba Oba and their new Royal Orange."

This was weeks in development as I experimented with dozens of fruit flavors to find the tastiest main-flavor options and a smoothie base recipe that complements the widest variety of fruit flavors. If you like fruity vapes, you will love your DIY results with this!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
LOL, mine's pretty old. I'll need to get that one out and see how it is.

Your old Oba Oba should be fine, Huck! My 3-year-old bottle tasted no different than a brand-new one.

@bobnat - Oba Oba is in my flavor notes (5/25/2017 is the current version), but d'oh - it's out of alphabetic order. It's right before Oak Wood, instead of right after where it belongs. I'll fix that on my next edit.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your old Oba Oba should be fine, Huck! My 3-year-old bottle tasted no different than a brand-new one.

@bobnat - Oba Oba is in my flavor notes (5/25/2017 is the current version), but d'oh - it's out of alphabetic order. It's right before Oak Wood, instead of right after where it belongs. I'll fix that on my next edit.

Yep, I had the older version. Got the new one now and Oba Oba sounds good. What a weird name though, somebody was high when they came up with that one.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
How is Mangosteen? What does it taste like?

I think every time I described it, I describe it a little differently. FA Mangosteen really does taste like the real fruit, if you've ever tried it. It's quite sweet, smooth, with elements of ripe pears and tropical fruits like pineapple/guava. They're an exotic tropical flavor - so delicious! Asian grocers sell it canned, but fresh are much better if you can find them.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If you <3 Little Debbie's, this one's for you!

New today at HIC's Mixes : Peanut Buddies
p Peanut Buddies.jpg
"This is the flavor of the American treats shown in the photo: a sweet peanut butter mixture is layered with light wafer cookies then coated in a thin layer of milk chocolate. This recipe requires TFA DX Peanut Butter (must be the DX version), TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust, and FlavourArt flavors including Apple Pie (yes, really!) All flavorings used are diketone-free."

TFA pleased me by making their diketone-free DX Peanut Butter taste and work better than their original version. I'm excited to finally vape the flavor of Little Debbie's Nutty Bars - and I'm honestly surprised that eliminating diketones was the key to getting it to taste right!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm familiar with oba oba, but mangosteen will be a first for me - if I ever get a minute to mix. Got called in to work Saturday and busy with my mom today. I told my husband the only way I was leaving the house tomorrow would be if it caught fire, I plan on having many bottles of smoothies in many flavors!

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
HeadInClouds,

Big time props to you on the "Kaktus Collection".

I made the Kaktus Melons and am truly blown away at how it has changed - specifically from day one thru day five (for my taster any who).

I dig how varying the power and/or temperature changes the dynamic of the flavors.

Kaktus Melons is so smooth, sweet and juicy - it's just a phenomenal vape.

Desert Julius = an excellent kind of 'maybe' smoothie tasting vape for me.

You also hit it out of the ballpark with the "Orange Sherbet and More" collection.

I am a huge fan of FA's new Blood Orange and Royal Orange. For me those two are spot on for being the most realistic out there.

I can vouch for the "Fresh-Squeezed OJ". Just get some Tropicana OJ (or your fav brand - but it's gotta be real) to drink while vaping "Fresh-Squeezed OJ" and you'll see just how authentic of an OJ flavor Blood Orange and Royal Orange combined are. I just love it!

Creamsicles --- the new recipe is 'HeadInClouds' above the old one!

Sherbet = simply heaven. Wowza

Ok, I confess, I am an orange fanatic...my day starts with a big glass of Tropicana.

Thanks man and again huge props to you!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HeadInClouds,

Big time props to you on the "Kaktus Collection".

I made the Kaktus Melons and am truly blown away at how it has changed - specifically from day one thru day five (for my taster any who).

I dig how varying the power and/or temperature changes the dynamic of the flavors.

Kaktus Melons is so smooth, sweet and juicy - it's just a phenomenal vape.

Desert Julius = an excellent kind of 'maybe' smoothie tasting vape for me.

You also hit it out of the ballpark with the "Orange Sherbet and More" collection.

I am a huge fan of FA's new Blood Orange and Royal Orange. For me those two are spot on for being the most realistic out there.

I can vouch for the "Fresh-Squeezed OJ". Just get some Tropicana OJ (or your fav brand - but it's gotta be real) to drink while vaping "Fresh-Squeezed OJ" and you'll see just how authentic of an OJ flavor Blood Orange and Royal Orange combined are. I just love it!

Creamsicles --- the new recipe is 'HeadInClouds' above the old one!

Sherbet = simply heaven. Wowza

Ok, I confess, I am an orange fanatic...my day starts with a big glass of Tropicana.

Thanks man and again huge props to you!!!

Wow - thank you for such detailed descriptions! FA's new orange flavors blow my socks off, too. I need to buy the BIG bottles of those. Try some in hot chocolate when it gets cold out. :D

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love real crunchy (European) peanut butter. Unfortunately I've tried them all and have been disappointed with the chemical and unrealistic taste I get from them. I'm pretty sure I've tried DX peanut butter but maybe they've changed the formulation. Guess I'll have to order a new one :(

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I love real crunchy (European) peanut butter. Unfortunately I've tried them all and have been disappointed with the chemical and unrealistic taste I get from them. I'm pretty sure I've tried DX peanut butter but maybe they've changed the formulation. Guess I'll have to order a new one :(

No - DX pb is not the flavor of freshly-ground, good-for-you, health-food-store peanuts. But it's the only flavoring that worked for me to make the very American flavor of Little Debbie's. They're totally unhealthy junk food...totally addictive, too. :D

VU Sponsors