Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean McFried Apple Pie? That's 8.75% flavoring (or a tiny bit more if you include the TFA option).

Oh boy, after you posted this I went and looked at what I did. I had left out the AP...duh!!! :huh: And I still liked it, lol.

So, I just added it and it made quite a difference. It's smoother and I get the fried apple pie flavor. It pulled all of the flavors together into the intended profile.

Great job...again.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Here's an unexpectedly-delicious flavor pairing you might have never tasted before.

New today at HIC's Mixes : Calisson melon candy
p Calisson.jpg
"Calissons are gourmet French confections with candied cantaloupe, sweet almond nougat, and candied orange zest, capped with a royal icing shell. The sugary melon-almond flavor pairing creates a uniquely-delicious, brightly-sweet vape. This recipe requires only diketone-free FlavourArt flavorings, including Torrone, Meringue, and Marzipan."

Here's a "How It's Made" segment about calissons:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Fresca Peach.jpg
I'm a long-time Fresca fan, but I just recently discovered their "Peach Citrus" flavor. It's strong, sweet, white peach - I love this stuff! The background is grapefruit soda, but it's primarily a very flavorful peach soda.

Instead of making this a new recipe, I've added it as a bonus with German Peach Gummies. If you already bought that recipe, you were just now sent an email with a link to download your free update. If peach gummies (real or vaped) appeal to you, you'll probably also like this Fresca flavor.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 90491
I'm a long-time Fresca fan, but I just recently discovered their "Peach Citrus" flavor. It's strong, sweet, white peach - I love this stuff! The background is grapefruit soda, but it's primarily a very flavorful peach soda.

Instead of making this a new recipe, I've added it as a bonus with German Peach Gummies. If you already bought that recipe, you were just now sent an email with a link to download your free update. If peach gummies (real or vaped) appeal to you, you'll probably also like this Fresca flavor.
Made the Peach-Citrus Fresca Friday & its gooddddd! Thanks again @HeadInClouds :blowkiss:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I recommend this one as an after-dinner vape...in the drawing room, with your smoking jacket & slippers on. :cloud: (p.s. What the heck is a "drawing room," anyway?)

New today at HIC's Mixes : Vanilla Irish Cream Tobacco
p Vanilla Irish Cream Tobacco.jpg
"An extra-smooth, dessert-like vape inspired by Irish-cream-flavored cigarillos. This is a balance of mild "brown" tobaccos with sweet vanilla cream and smooth Irish cream liqueur. This recipe requires only diketone-free FlavourArt flavorings, including Cuban Supreme, Oba Oba, and Burley."

ilikeitfruity

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi hic long time lurker here,just to let you know drawing room is short for withdrawing room and it's where the men folks would go after dinner to smoke and drink and be sexist.loving your work, vaping java twist and loving the finish it's a work of art,I nose exhale so much I get drips in my moustache.
hi everyone else,been following this and the other thread so long and I finally thought I could contribute.typically non vape related,so I better throw in my coffee peppermint attempt,all fa.peppermint 2%,coconut 1%,cappuccino 1%.
probably should have used espresso but nice and creamy.
ps how do I change my screen name anyone?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
drawing room is short for withdrawing room

Oh! So it's a man cave. I honestly assumed it was was a room intended for drawing.

vaping java twist and loving the finish it's a work of art,I nose exhale so much I get drips in my moustache.

I'm glad you like that one. I've probably vaped more of it than any other recipe I've made.

how do I change my screen name anyone?

I think you have to ask a mod like @Huckleberried to do that for you. She can work magic like that.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi hic long time lurker here,just to let you know drawing room is short for withdrawing room and it's where the men folks would go after dinner to smoke and drink and be sexist.loving your work, vaping java twist and loving the finish it's a work of art,I nose exhale so much I get drips in my moustache.
hi everyone else,been following this and the other thread so long and I finally thought I could contribute.typically non vape related,so I better throw in my coffee peppermint attempt,all fa.peppermint 2%,coconut 1%,cappuccino 1%.
probably should have used espresso but nice and creamy.
ps how do I change my screen name anyone?
Welcome :wave:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
How about a sweeter, riper, stronger, juicier strawberry flavor that's less prone to fading?
Thanks, FlavourArt and BullCity!
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/juicy-strawberry-fa/

This one doesn't have the "green" note that FA Strawberry does -- though if you like that green note, you can use the two flavors together. If you're looking to replace FA Strawberry in a recipe, you can use Juicy Strawberry pretty much as a straight swap. You might want a wee bit less Juicy Strawb if your recipe has a delicate balance of flavors, since it is somewhat stronger.

If you need another flavor to throw in your bullcity cart and don't have it yet, I can recommend this one: http://www.bullcityflavors.com/jelly-candy-cap/ . It does some magical things with some FA fruit flavors...soon to appear in some new recipes. Capella has not provided test results that I can find on this one yet.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you need another flavor to throw in your bullcity cart and don't have it yet, I can recommend this one: http://www.bullcityflavors.com/jelly-candy-cap/ . It does some magical things with some FA fruit flavors...soon to appear in some new recipes. Capella has not provided test results that I can find on this one yet.

I just ordered the Juicy Strawberry, as well as a few other flavors. Looks like they're out of the Jelly Candy though. :(

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How about a sweeter, riper, stronger, juicier strawberry flavor that's less prone to fading?
Thanks, FlavourArt and BullCity!
http://www.bullcityflavors.com/juicy-strawberry-fa/

This one doesn't have the "green" note that FA Strawberry does -- though if you like that green note, you can use the two flavors together. If you're looking to replace FA Strawberry in a recipe, you can use Juicy Strawberry pretty much as a straight swap. You might want a wee bit less Juicy Strawb if your recipe has a delicate balance of flavors, since it is somewhat stronger.

How does juicy compare to inw Shisha Strawberry?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We don't know yet, it's just been released here. I'm sure HIC may have tried it already though.
With the exception of adding a little TFA Strawberry I only use Shisha. That's why I asked. I will need to reorder soon. Soon being a month or so.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered it about an hour ago, first time I've ordered only one bottle of anything in a long time. What was I thinking??? Lol!

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just checked, I was able to put a the 13ml & 30ml in my cart. Maybe they didn’t upload it yet when you ordered. Try contacting @Roundhouse ;)

I was able to put it in my car as well, but when I went to check out, it said they didn't have enough in stock to ship it so I had to take it out of my cart. I tried the 30ml first and got the message, then tried the 13ml instead and still got the message.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was able to put it in my car as well, but when I went to check out, it said they didn't have enough in stock to ship it so I had to take it out of my cart. I tried the 30ml first and got the message, then tried the 13ml instead and still got the message.
Oh sorry o_O I tried it & thought if you could put in your cart.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New today at HIC's Mixes : Jello Recipes
p Jello Recipes.jpg
"Two very fun-to-vape recipes are included. Orange Jello is a flavor-match for its name, and a very simple recipe to mix. Lime Jello Salad tastes like a popular potluck dessert made with lime jello, pineapple bits, marshmallows, and cream. This sweet, smooth vape perfectly captures the distinctive flavor of lime jello. Both recipes require FlavourArt flavorings and Capella Jelly Candy flavor. Capella has not yet released ingredient test results on this flavoring as of September, 2017."

If you like jello, you'll have so much fun with these! This Capella flavor is a real blast to play with.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm currently vaping a non-FlavourArt gem. It's really rare I find anything I consider a stellar standalone flavor - let from a brand other than FA.

Peek at this first: https://ohsweetbasil.com/mint-chocolate-stracciatella-ice-cream-recipe/.
Flavorah Creme de Menthe - standalone at 5%, shake and vape. It should have been named Mint Stracciatella, because that's what it tastes like. (Flavorah's testing says no diacetyl, no acetyl propionyl, 16 ppm acetoin)

Next time I mix this I'll add just 0.25% FA Tiramisu, because I don't know how to leave well enough alone. lol

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've found a few Flavorahs that make excellent standalones. Their blood orange tastes "juicy" at 5%, their Irish cream is so rich and creamy at 3%, and their marshmallow at 3% tastes just like fluff from the jar. Creme de menthe is on the list!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This is a replacement for "HIC's Strawberry Malt Balls". If you previously bought that recipe, you were just emailed a link to your free copy of this one. This is a delicious example of how a single flavor swap can totally change the character of a recipe.

New (replacement) today at HIC's Mixes : Strawberry Malted
p Strawberry Malted.jpg
"Sweet, ripe strawberries in a thick and creamy malted milkshake. This recipe requires Nature's Flavors Malt flavor extract (contains diketones) and FlavourArt flavorings, including their new Juicy Strawberry."

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Keep us posted on how ya like that ginger!

Yes, that sparked my interest too, but it'll take me a lifetime to get through the 30ml I got from Nature's Flavors a few months ago.

It smells really good, but smells a little more like ginger soda than the root. I'm hoping I'm wrong about that. I got it to use in HIC's sesame candy recipe (they didn't have any NF organic ginger that his recipe calls for).

VU Sponsors