Become a Patron!

Goodbye VU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Leaving forum[...]

I've been on the internet since the early 90's, and on dialup BBSes well before that. Three decades on, people still post the same pathetic emotional posts.

Hint @Roger Schaeffer: NOBODY. CARES.

Nobody cares when you join a forum.

Nobody cares when you leave a forum.

A few may care when you post something informative or intelligent on a forum - most don't.

You are not the center of the internet. You aren't even special. There are millions like you online at any given time. Most don't give a flying fuck about you, what you think, how you feel and why.

Kind of like real life really... Only the internet isn't real life, so people care even less than in real life.

I'm not directing this against you specifically. The same goes for everybody. If people realized how little value their opinion and their feelings hold, there would be a lot less useless drama on the internet.

Leaving the forum due to one article? Really? This begs the question, why are you leaving?[...]

No it doesn't.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Jag offs do what jag off do.
@tombaker before you shoot your suck hole off anymore let me point something out to you.
@v4p3r is not the one who called that fat shill, Fat Bastadro I did... even you cannot get that right.

You were a jack off to me on ECF, and being a fucking jack off to me here. so fuck ya.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But I quoted you, and LOL'd. So that makes me responsible for what you wrote. Remember, I'm the bad guy here.
Since you are sorros paid media you cannot voice your own views on topics.
And if it differs from the narrow view of some, then you are a ignorant muckraker.
Not like any media in the last 8 years is not some opinion commentary anyways...

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But I quoted you, and LOL'd. So that makes me responsible for what you wrote. Remember, I'm the bad guy here.
is that a confession? can we call this whole thing done with and the horse dead? if members agree like this post and if i see a large amount (says+50) then i will lock this one. as per Moderation talk @tombaker if you still wish to debate that then post it in the appropriate area if it gets locked.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy cats, and I thought I was long-winded! Let me break it down. The rules protect innocents from harassment. "Swan song" posts seldom have any purpose other than to stir up drama. Mission accomplished. I'm of the mind that it's not our place to deny anyone the drama they crave, so we'll move it to the appropriate section (done!) and let it play.

So what is "it" a warning of? That if you want to post baby-bullshit swan song posts and try to incite a riot, you get what you get, and we won't stop it. If the OP had exercised any of the other options I suggested in my last comment, none of this would be happening.

To make it all sound a little more erudite:
nolite industria ignorare
meaning literally: don't be ignorant on purpose.
I don't agree with our characterization of what the OP is doing.
I don't agree with it being moved to a section where the OP becomes prey to no rules. Lordmage says there are no rules here. Zip. Is that the case? If not, moving here is fine, I would have no issue. The concern is moving something over to have a freefore all. Lordemage posted a legal Möbius strip above where I kinda did follow....and he says you Mods are still figuring out what will fly or not. I see that.

I don't think Post 9 should be confusion for the Mod. Here it is, because Big Nasty decided he could be more pointed and nasty within the rules.

Here is the post you think is fine and dandy
Nope I rethought this..
You running off is showing how much of a fucking bitch ass pussy and yellow coward you are. And you want us to support you being a mother fucking chicken shit coward to fight for our rights..

Fuck me dude if you cannot stand up to scrutiny without bitching the fuck out like coward then you are not fighting for my rights for shit, you are just being a spineless fuck,.

Do I need to explain Belittlement? Because if I do, just remove the rule altogether, you won't enforce it, so remove it.

VU has 5 simple rules, which may or not apply depending on the mood of the Moderators and whether or not they are feeling particularly magnanimous at that specific juncture. That is confusing. I don't disagree with good natured tauntings, or clever ones, or ones with swearing. Post 9 was not adult like that. It was belittlement. If you don't want to change the rule, change the word, because its usage is only correct in its spelling not its definition.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
is that a confession? can we call this whole thing done with and the horse dead? if members agree like this post and if i see a large amount (says+50) then i will lock this one. as per Moderation talk @tombaker if you still wish to debate that then post it in the appropriate area if it gets locked.
No I reported you cause I do not like the cut of your jib.

It was in jest.

Last edited:

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lordmage says there are no rules here. Zip. Is that the case? If not, moving here is fine, I would have no issue. The concern is moving something over to have a freefore all. Lordemage posted a legal Möbius strip above where I kinda did follow....and he says you Mods are still figuring out what will fly or not. I see that.

i did not say that are your reading to deeply yet again and twisting it to suit your needs.
those are indeed the rules of the forum. the question as to weather this area is free for all is answered with her reply. if you post something that makes a debate heated like the OP. it opened the door to a more fluid Situation. how ever rules are meant to protect the users who are in her words innocent which with the way you are still twisting my words and there meaning. i could be considered protected and you the violator how ever i have a thick skin. i will remind your to refrain from changing the context of my words otherwise know as a creative paraphrase a rewording of something written or spoken by someone else. if you want to quote go ahead but dont twist the words

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@TygerTyger So the 5 rules now include a voting process to where a thread will get locked, by liking a post. If post is locked by popular vote then create a post U MAD BRO where no rules apply, but if the post is already in U MAD BRO it won't be locked, unless done by popular vote = Möbius strip.

For VaporJoe who I believe is a fellow original Star Trek fan, it would be Mud's Women, or actually the other episode with Mud, when they blow up the Android Brain with. 1. Everything I say is a lie. Now listen carefully. I am telling you the truth. kabluie

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No @tombaker. your anger is misplaced, your sniveling annoying but I am not angry with you.
I pity you, truly deeply pity you.
It appears you have nothing but your venom and bile fueling your asinine rants in cyberspace, misdirected at those you at the time find fault in that do not conform to your ass being kissed.
I suggest smiling more, online time less and go for a walk the fresh air will do wonders for you.

And for your information THAT is BELITTLEMENT.

But I do feel pity for you.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't agree with our characterization of what the OP is doing.
I don't agree with it being moved to a section where the OP becomes prey to no rules. Lordmage says there are no rules here. Zip. Is that the case? If not, moving here is fine, I would have no issue. The concern is moving something over to have a freefore all. Lordemage posted a legal Möbius strip above where I kinda did follow....and he says you Mods are still figuring out what will fly or not. I see that.

I don't think Post 9 should be confusion for the Mod. Here it is, because Big Nasty decided he could be more pointed and nasty within the rules.

Here is the post you think is fine and dandy

Do I need to explain Belittlement? Because if I do, just remove the rule altogether, you won't enforce it, so remove it.

VU has 5 simple rules, which may or not apply depending on the mood of the Moderators and whether or not they are feeling particularly magnanimous at that specific juncture. That is confusing. I don't disagree with good natured tauntings, or clever ones, or ones with swearing. Post 9 was not adult like that. It was belittlement. If you don't want to change the rule, change the word, because its usage is only correct in its spelling not its definition.
so if i am to understand you whole argument is because you do not agree with what we did and you want us to do something else. which is to make something and someone seem unimportant and that is @VaporJoes since he created this place VUG for use users. you dont agree with the actions of another but you can only control yourself and if you want to set the rules do so on your own forum.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
As much as I've enjoyed watching and participating in this train wreck, it's after 5am, and I need to get my beauty sleep. Lots of baby seals to club and kittens to kill tomorrow.

Thanks again for the laughs, @tombaker.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i did not say that are your reading to deeply yet again and twisting it to suit your needs.
those are indeed the rules of the forum. the question as to weather this area is free for all is answered with her reply. if you post something that makes a debate heated like the OP. it opened the door to a more fluid Situation. how ever rules are meant to protect the users who are in her words innocent which with the way you are still twisting my words and there meaning. i could be considered protected and you the violator how ever i have a thick skin. i will remind your to refrain from changing the context of my words otherwise know as a creative paraphrase a rewording of something written or spoken by someone else. if you want to quote go ahead but dont twist the words
The problem is "who are innocent". If not innocent, belittlement is approved? Is belittlement kosher? Or simply in the eye of the Mod. Still talking only Post 9. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9d/Revolution-9-forward.ogg

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't agree with.....

So it would seem...... thanks for your input.

VU has 5 simple rules.....

Yes, yes we do, and we also handle things on a case by case basis within the very open framework of those simple rules, and hand pick our moderators based on their ability to think on their feet and act according to the values we hold most dear here.... which include the right to express yourself, just as the OP did. The trouble with free speech is that it is wildly popular with some until someone ELSE exercises it.

When and if we require your help revising, interpreting, or implementing the rules, we'll let you know. Thanks for your interest.

As far as this thread goes, the OP got all the drama he begged for, it just wasn't the flavor he was craving. Case closed.

@lordmage - I personally see no reason to wait for 50 members to like, as this thread has rather outlived it's usefulness (if in fact, there was any), but I leave it in your more-than-capable hands.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@TygerTyger So the 5 rules now include a voting process to where a thread will get locked, by liking a post. If post is locked by popular vote then create a post U MAD BRO where no rules apply, but if the post is already in U MAD BRO it won't be locked, unless done by popular vote = Möbius strip.

For VaporJoe who I believe is a fellow original Star Trek fan, it would be Mud's Women, or actually the other episode with Mud, when they blow up the Android Brain with. 1. Everything I say is a lie. Now listen carefully. I am telling you the truth. kabluie
the voting process is for this thread since at this point it has become about moderation and not the user leaving. I was tempted to lock it. the voting was a way for me not do so.

lock a thread prevents animal abuse know as beat dead horse. and since your replies are not about the user leaving they were off topic but stayed due to the original post complaint please go back to OP and read the whole thread over you might cool down.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There needs a trial by combat area.
If you are gunna fling it, you best be able to take it.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
We have over 50 sponsors for the Mod Envy - why? because its the biggest vaping show in existence.. Its good advertising - yet you single out 1 blog. I sponsor a many different shows as Vaporjoes - does that mean im part of their network? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors