Goodbye VU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Actually yes, I saw you insinuate that Roger owns TVM by simply validating vaperatures comment but not saying it yourself.

What information do you have to connect Roger directly with TVM.
I did? No...that would be you insinuating that I made that connection. I never said he was affiliated with TVM. For all I know, he is just part of the Facebook group linked in his profile.

Earlier in this thread, I commented about making a stand and voicing an opinion. Not just being a re-blogger. Now we have Mr. Dramatic Exit here doing precisely that. It's easy to call yourself an advocate when you're just reposting someone else's content. But when confronted with an opposing opinion, he just calls it quits.

Kind of like TVM's response here and here. Mark Burton, SoCal SFATA Co-Founder says "here's what SFATA did in 2014" and copy/pasted a list of achievements from a comment made on my blog. Which leads me to back to my original point. If all you can do is be an echo chamber, then why do we need you in the first place?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BigNasty said he was associated, no?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Going by the info provided might have gotten my signal crossed.
I will admit it I am human.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Going by the info provided might have gotten my signal crossed.
I will admit it I am human.
Hey.. no big deal.. From the way he reacted, I thought that maybe he was too..

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah but when I asked if the guy was part of TVM, v4p3r said "welcome to the eyes wide open club" (I took that to mean he was confirming that he was associated with TVM [it also came off awfully cocky as if I need to have my eyes opened]), then InMyImage again asked if the OP was part of TVM, and v4p3r responded vaguely, "I feel that I've already answered it" (followed by another cocky statement about how InMyImage should reread the entire thread for the answer) and this again seemed to insinuate the OP was part of TVM, and now v4p3r is completely back peddling and claiming something else. Please, v4p3r, I have a feeling you're better than this. Stop with the sloppy journalism and uninformed insinuation. Take your time and do the proper research instead of being in such a mad rush to get the new scandal out.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SO back to the story.
Some dude asks for money to shill and advocate.
We question our "advocate" about how the money is spent on our behalf.
Dude gets seriously butthurt and throws a tantrum.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Backpedaling? Wow. I can do a lot of things, but improving someone's reading comprehension isn't one of them. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I take for granted that people are free thinkers and are able to connect a few dots themselves. In the future, I'll be sure to provide Cliff's Notes to those who need them.

Meanwhile, I have better things to do than explain myself to a handful of people over and over. Most people get it. Onward and upward.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Backpedaling? Wow. I can do a lot of things, but improving someone's reading comprehension isn't one of them. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I take for granted that people are free thinkers and are able to connect a few dots themselves. In the future, I'll be sure to provide Cliff's Notes to those who need them.

Meanwhile, I have better things to do than explain myself to a handful of people over and over. Most people get it. Onward and upward.
How about just offering a simple yes or no answer. When someone asks you if someone owns TVM, you can easily say "I have no idea" instead of answering with encrypted messages that cover your ass either way. You didn't DIRECTLY say he was, so now you can claim you didn't say that, but you didn't say he WASN'T either, did you. You knew what you were doing. Don't blame others for your intentional attempts to obfuscate.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
You knew what you were doing. Don't blame others for your intentional attempts to obfuscate.
No, not really. My only mistake here was accepting an open invitation to an argument, when I should've just declined.

6581438.jpg

There ya go. There's your intentional attempt to obfuscate.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, not really. My only mistake here was accepting an open invitation to an argument, when I should've just declined.

6581438.jpg

There ya go. There's your intentional attempt to obfuscate.
LOL, now who's running away with his tail between his legs when the going gets tough?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It is necessary to remind everyone that those with banners under their names are sacred beasts at VU and are not subject to normal human flaws. If this seems untrue.....just spend some time in the Vape show scene. More and more I find a sort of "you benefit from our existence" attitude. Now, I am not judging character.....just how it appears to be in the world of the interwebz.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And here is your..............

Wait for it............

BOOGER

awww......i waited a long time for that. thought you forgot about me. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
awww......i waited a long time for that. thought you forgot about me. :)

My Dearest Miss Kelli, your favorite long lost Uncle twice removed would never forget you!:D

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is necessary to remind everyone that those with banners under their names are sacred beasts at VU and are not subject to normal human flaws. If this seems untrue.....just spend some time in the Vape show scene. More and more I find a sort of "you benefit from our existence" attitude. Now, I am not judging character.....just how it appears to be in the world of the interwebz.

so that means we are merely mortal heathens?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

If I understand what you seem to be trying to get at with all the "Sacred Banners" and associated crap under our names, in the words of Frank Zappa, please let me "Straighten You Out"!

Yep, I do have some banners under my name.

And I kinda like to think I have earned them by my contributions to the vaping world at large.

Forget the six figure salary (sadly all six figures are Zero's) that I get for being a mod here but I really don't feel "Entitled" or " Protected".

Granted that there is a lot going on behind the scenes in a near 24/7 chat room that we "Entitled" participate in, as near as I can describe it, it is all about making this place better for ALL of us!

Nuff said on this subject and goodnight.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If I understand what you seem to be trying to get at with all the "Sacred Banners" and associated crap under our names, in the words of Frank Zappa, please let me "Straighten You Out"!

Yep, I do have some banners under my name.

And I kinda like to think I have earned them by my contributions to the vaping world at large.

Forget the six figure salary (sadly all six figures are Zero's) that I get for being a mod here but I really don't feel "Entitled" or " Protected".

Granted that there is a lot going on behind the scenes in a near 24/7 chat room that we "Entitled" participate in, as near as I can describe it, it is all about making this place better for ALL of us!

Nuff said on this subject and goodnight.
I was referring more to the vape media superstars, not my favourite non media mods.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is why I've cut way down on shows and have become very selective of which ones I watch anymore...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The matter still stand someone is an "advocate" has gotten monies and when passed under a minor amount of questions has completely fucked off.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The matter still stand someone is an "advocate" has gotten monies and when passed under a minor amount of questions has completely fucked off.
I'm still unclear what "monies" the OP got. I see he has a facebook advocacy page but other than that, he just seems like some guy who got offended for no good reason and fucked off.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a word that describes people that are so self-important that they feel they have to announce to the world that they are leaving a forum. The word is "flouncer". Flouncers get no respect, nor should they...stay and stand your ground or just leave if you dont like it...what I just observed from the OP exhibits a clear lack of both courage and conviction...good riddance...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There's a word that describes people that are so self-important that they feel they have to announce to the world that they are leaving a forum. The word is "flouncer". Flouncers get no respect, nor should they...stay and stand your ground or just leave if you dont like it...what I just observed from the OP exhibits a clear lack of both courage and conviction...good riddance...
I shall never leave this forum......SUFFER YOU WILL!!!!!!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It should be noted that since the OP left in such dramatic fashion apparently in order to make some point, a few dozen new members have entered.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It should be noted that since the OP left in such dramatic fashion apparently in order to make some point, a few dozen new members have entered.
noted and recorded.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope I rethought this..
You running off is showing how much of a fucking bitch ass pussy and yellow coward you are. And you want us to support you being a mother fucking chicken shit coward to fight for our rights..

Fuck me dude if you cannot stand up to scrutiny without bitching the fuck out like coward then you are not fighting for my rights for shit, you are just being a spineless fuck,.
I am reporting the above post for its multiple and clear violations of the rules, yes the clearly worded and small rule set that should guide this forum. There are 3 Mods who are participating in this forum, so I do not know why it would not have been removed if the forum was functioning as claimed, that is Mods are watching threads. Perhaps the guideline is to only remove posts being reported, but that is not what is being called out for in the rules, it says thread will be watched.

Its not even close to a debate whether its a violation of the rules, it crosses the lines on several of the rules. Its not debatable, and I won't even if demanded. If it is not removed, it simply means the rules are selectively enforced and the personal whims of the Mods. If a Mod takes the side, and choose to not enforce the rules based on popularity contests, or whatever reasons, its simply as bad as ECF.

This forum has plateaued on growth. We have new posters coming in and behaving like V4P3R, posting and posting, and when challenged duck and obficate instead of answering. Yes people understand what he is writing, the you can not read excuse is a favorite of home schooled, but it does not cut it in the classroom.

V4P3R has a website where he is compensated by free equipment to give reviews, he disclaims it, but does not specifically state which equipment he pays for and is given. I think its meaningless, except when he attacks others for having integrity issues the same as his own.

What V4P3R write and its relationship to this forum is because he is simply sucking off everything VaporJoe has to say on Mod Envy and then writting it out on his blog. His last articles are all essentially a 1:1 clone of what Vapor Joe says. The Clones, the various advocacy groups, the people that go to China, the documentary thing.....thats just his 4 most recent, but they also happen to be exactly the 4 most recent topics of Vapor Joe. Vapor Joe as he will surely tell anyone is all about EGO and chest thumping, the facts are not very important to him. He calls himself a promoter on Facebook, and says he "Breaks Shit" on this forum, put it all together and you got Mod Envy which promotes broken shit.....just kidding, its so a joke.

When Joe is challenged my experience is he will not stand up and back it up, he won't run away either, he just shuts up, waits it out, and changes topic. It works well for him. But it does not make as he says Vaping Underground the place that will save vapers as all advocacy group fall away. Yes that is the stuff Vaper Joes says. The man is insulated, he won't back it up, and better yet, you can not ask him questions. I had the pleasure of having questions removed and being threatened to be banned, when I was asking Joe about quoting off a Phil Busardo. I knew Joe was pushing a lie as the truth, thats the fact, whether Joe knew how much of a lie he was pushing, is another question, Joe may have been told something, and got it wrong. Either way, he won't respond. Joe is a one way ticket as far as communication on Mod Envy, he tells it as it is, as it is, is only how he says, and people can listen. TV works that way, its a long established model. It works.

This forum is Joe's its his, and he can never be removed, unless he does that himself. This is how people can be confused, with Joe, this Forum, Mod Envy, and the blogger who is going to be a special "guest" on the anniversary show.

I am no fan of the OP, he has said unforgivable things to me in the past, I don't plan on forgiving him, but I also don't go after him afterwards, and he has not gone after me. In chats he has even agreed with me, and I have found some of the links he has put up very useful. We are guys, perhaps it was just a fart in the air, but there are no plans to hug it out, it was as it was, I won't preclude his usefulness going forward, and it appears he would think the same. We won't be talking about it to figure it out either.

What is very strange is on a forum that askes everyone to introduce themselves, the outrage that one members decided to say they were leaving is amazing. Shit I am not a fan of him, but he did do one thing correctly, he said he was leaving, and that was it. If he posts again, well that is a problem. But complain that he said he was leaving, you must be strangers to your own reflection because you don't know how you look.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hereby announce the new "cheetah poop" e liquid...This will be the fastest liquid in vaping.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am reporting the above post for its multiple and clear violations of the rules, yes the clearly worded and small rule set that should guide this forum. There are 3 Mods who are participating in this forum, so I do not know why it would not have been removed if the forum was functioning as claimed, that is Mods are watching threads. Perhaps the guideline is to only remove posts being reported, but that is not what is being called out for in the rules, it says thread will be watched.

Its not even close to a debate whether its a violation of the rules, it crosses the lines on several of the rules. Its not debatable, and I won't even if demanded. If it is not removed, it simply means the rules are selectively enforced and the personal whims of the Mods. If a Mod takes the side, and choose to not enforce the rules based on popularity contests, or whatever reasons, its simply as bad as ECF.

This forum has plateaued on growth. We have new posters coming in and behaving like V4P3R, posting and posting, and when challenged duck and obficate instead of answering. Yes people understand what he is writing, the you can not read excuse is a favorite of home schooled, but it does not cut it in the classroom.

V4P3R has a website where he is compensated by free equipment to give reviews, he disclaims it, but does not specifically state which equipment he pays for and is given. I think its meaningless, except when he attacks others for having integrity issues the same as his own.

What V4P3R write and its relationship to this forum is because he is simply sucking off everything VaporJoe has to say on Mod Envy and then writting it out on his blog. His last articles are all essentially a 1:1 clone of what Vapor Joe says. The Clones, the various advocacy groups, the people that go to China, the documentary thing.....thats just his 4 most recent, but they also happen to be exactly the 4 most recent topics of Vapor Joe. Vapor Joe as he will surely tell anyone is all about EGO and chest thumping, the facts are not very important to him. He calls himself a promoter on Facebook, and says he "Breaks Shit" on this forum, put it all together and you got Mod Envy which promotes broken shit.....just kidding, its so a joke.

When Joe is challenged my experience is he will not stand up and back it up, he won't run away either, he just shuts up, waits it out, and changes topic. It works well for him. But it does not make as he says Vaping Underground the place that will save vapers as all advocacy group fall away. Yes that is the stuff Vaper Joes says. The man is insulated, he won't back it up, and better yet, you can not ask him questions. I had the pleasure of having questions removed and being threatened to be banned, when I was asking Joe about quoting off a Phil Busardo. I knew Joe was pushing a lie as the truth, thats the fact, whether Joe knew how much of a lie he was pushing, is another question, Joe may have been told something, and got it wrong. Either way, he won't respond. Joe is a one way ticket as far as communication on Mod Envy, he tells it as it is, as it is, is only how he says, and people can listen. TV works that way, its a long established model. It works.

This forum is Joe's its his, and he can never be removed, unless he does that himself. This is how people can be confused, with Joe, this Forum, Mod Envy, and the blogger who is going to be a special "guest" on the anniversary show.

I am no fan of the OP, he has said unforgivable things to me in the past, I don't plan on forgiving him, but I also don't go after him afterwards, and he has not gone after me. In chats he has even agreed with me, and I have found some of the links he has put up very useful. We are guys, perhaps it was just a fart in the air, but there are no plans to hug it out, it was as it was, I won't preclude his usefulness going forward, and it appears he would think the same. We won't be talking about it to figure it out either.

What is very strange is on a forum that askes everyone to introduce themselves, the outrage that one members decided to say they were leaving is amazing. Shit I am not a fan of him, but he did do one thing correctly, he said he was leaving, and that was it. If he posts again, well that is a problem. But complain that he said he was leaving, you must be strangers to your own reflection because you don't know how you look.
Tom if the yellow thief is not TVM or tied to the board I am sorry I made that connection.
If he is riding on your group's coat tails pandering for money that needs nipped in the butt right quick.

So again if I made that connection incorrectly I am sorry.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

LMAO.....long winded much?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am reporting the above post for its multiple and clear violations of the rules, yes the clearly worded and small rule set that should guide this forum.
Now i will point out something you might have missed and might explain why the said post has not been moderated. This sub-forum the Mud Pit is basically a Catch all, Mud slinging area. is mud slinging not another name for name calling? also while @BigNasty did break a Rule. it only applies to Members and as the OP was the Target of the Words. the OP said he was leaving the forum, so the rule Need not apply. Now @TygerTyger @VaporJoes @LucidiousRage and the other Admins are the only ones who truly set what this area is and whether or not i am wrong. in which case reporting was the correct action.

Decided to edit and omit vague statements and add the following below which i agree with

Quote from @TygerTyger reply later in thread

As for your interpretation of the rules, those rules protect innocents from harassment, not shit-stirrers from backlash. If someone posts something that is guaranteed to start drama (Exhibit A: OP), they can sit and marinade in the drama that ensues. We're not here to slap wrists and play big brother. It's not as though members randomly sought out the OP to harass him. He posted what he posted, stirred up what he stirred up, and until someone gets threatened or shots are fired, we're not here to referee the playground. Think of it as an object lesson in the concept of thinking before one shoots off one's mouth. If he was really so offended by said article, he had plenty of options. He could have:
a) left quietly
b) ignored the offending emag and writer
c) opened a private dialogue with the writer to calmly and maturely debate the issue
..... but he chose instead to
d) make a public swan song post in the hopes of stirring up the torches and pitchforks in a crusade against what offended HIM....... and it didn't quite play out that way. Again, a wonderful object lesson that hopefully will serve as a warning to others. In my estimation, the OP broke rule one, because a gambit like that is kindergarten bullshit...... but I'm feeling magnanimous tonight, so I won't slap his wrists either.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@lordmage im sorry for stating how I feel about getting lied to, the community swindled and taken advantage of while under the guise of advocacy.
If Mr. Baker wants this to be another ECF then I will modify my post about calling a turd a turd.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cant we all just rub bengay on each others genitals and sing camp fire songs in the woods on a cool night and vape some of that new cheetah poop e liquid...EVOD owners get special treatment and will receive tents while the rest get sleeping bags and must sleep outside...Those who wouldnt tell anyone they woke up feeling violated, gets to personally sleep in my tent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors